Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to right now?

+46
Motown Spartan
Heathens '87
Banks2Mason
kingstonlake
SeeRockCity
AvgMSUJoe
By-Tor
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
CORNER BLITZ
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
Da Mayor
Cameron
steveschneider
xsanguine
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
keanro
Bill Cain
y2kMgrad
Clarett's Folly
Cool Runnings
msuspartan4eva
Senior Dickfist
Death Roe
El Jefe
SawGreen
CaptainSlow33
Tim Wakefield
tanfan!
MattyFresh
Turtleneck
Steve81
Triple Sparty
TheReal_LWS
Nordic
AnomanderRake
goodbar
The Pantry
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
50 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 09:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

For Roc.
What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 502811600

I don't mind Oasis.

hey - if you haven't seen this, it is honestly one of my favorite things on the YouTube.

Lit'l geezah doin' tha ket'l. What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 09:26

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 502811600

I don't mind Oasis.

hey - if you haven't seen this, it is honestly one of my favorite things on the YouTube.

Lit'l geezah doin' tha ket'l. What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 502811600
that dude kills me.. I bet I've watched that video 100 times. What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-21, 10:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Speaking of u2 was anyone at the show at SS? What an experience. What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 3493939353

The only time I ever saw them live was @ Joe Louis in '85. Was obsessed with "Under a Blood Red Sky" for a time and sort of fell away from them after that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 10:10

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Speaking of u2 was anyone at the show at SS? What an experience. What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 3493939353

The only time I ever saw them live was @ Joe Louis in '85. Was obsessed with "Under a Blood Red Sky" for a time and sort of fell away from them after that.
my brother (RIP, Dawg) was a U2 fan from the early days.. probably right around the "Boy" record. He had a sweet sleeveless t-shirt from the "Under a Blood Red Sky" tour. Gonna see if I can find it online.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 10:13

this is the t-shirt with sleeves.. couldn't find the sleeveless one.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 S-l300

one thing I've told my kid - never - EVER - under any circumstances.. get rid of your concert shirts. Man, between my brother and I, we had so many and the only one that is still around is an REM shirt circa the Green tour.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-21, 10:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:this is the t-shirt with sleeves.. couldn't find the sleeveless one.

one thing I've told my kid - never - EVER - under any circumstances.. get rid of your concert shirts. Man, between my brother and I, we had so many and the only one that is still around is an REM shirt circa the Green tour.

I think I bought one concert Tee in my life, never was my thing. Had a good friend and a guy I often went to shows with that always bought at least one and sometimes more. He had an incredible collection.

I still listen to that album now and then. I've always had a thing for live albums and still do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 10:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this is the t-shirt with sleeves.. couldn't find the sleeveless one.

I think I bought one concert Tee in my life, never was my thing.  Had a good friend and a guy I often went to shows with that always bought at least one and sometimes more.   He had an incredible collection.

I still listen to that album now and then.   I've always had a thing for live albums and still do.
I like live albums, too.

I have two "shirt" drawers at home - one for band/concert shirts, one for "everything else". Probably have 25-30 concert shirts. I had some great ones back in the day, though.. man, I wish I still had them.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 294152859
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 10:47

What are you listening to right now? - Page 9 3493939353
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-21, 18:19

San Cisco.

Not sure if I like it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-22, 11:31

I'm so emo!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-22, 11:34

I always thought it was funny that two emo bands had a song by the same name.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-22, 12:29

in a meeting - break for lunch. A bunch of folks sitting around so I put on The National. Solid background music..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-24, 10:25

I know a guy in the band, based in Brooklyn. You should try to catch them, gHost.
and OTPT, these guys are your age, what are you doing with your life? Wink

I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe 2018-02-24, 16:40

Love this song. Can't wait to see them live this August
El Jefe
El Jefe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-24, 16:45

El Jefe wrote:

Love this song. Can't wait to see them live this August
they're a fun band.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-28, 16:13

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-28, 16:39

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-01, 08:32

The Ghost Wolves..

cool sound.. kind of a White Stripes vibe with some rockabilly thrown in..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-01, 16:01

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-13, 09:44

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-03-13, 09:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Good pick.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-13, 10:00

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Good pick.
thanks, man - when Gaslight is hittin' on all cylinders, they're tough to beat.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-19, 21:23

Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-03-19, 22:01

I love Noel Gallagher, and his first two solo albums were better than the last 4 Oasis albums. But, I don't love Who Built the Moon (at least not yet). As You Were is better, frankly. I don't care how much or little Liam wrote or what studio magic was used to make him sound good, the first half of that thing is rock solid. Back half lags a bit, but they can't all be winners.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 07:47

from a pure songwriting perspective, probably one of Bruce's best.

Well my daddy come on the 0hio works
When he come home from world war two
Now the yards just scrap and rubble
He said, "Them big boys did what Hitler couldn't do"
These mills they built the tanks and bombs
That won this country's wars
We sent our sons to Korea and Vietnam
Now we're wondering what they were dyin' for
Here in Youngstown

From the Monongaleh valley
To the Mesabi iron range
To the coal mines of Appalacchia
The story's always the same
Seven-hundred tons of metal a day
Now sir you tell me the world's changed
Once I made you rich enough
Rich enough to forget my name
In Youngstown

Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 09:29

Govt Mule - Warren Haynes (from the great state of North Carolina and home town of one Robert J Sakimano) - rockin' out. Love these guys.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-20, 09:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Well my daddy come on the 0hio works
When he come home from world war two
Now the yards just scrap and rubble
He said, "Them big boys did what Hitler couldn't do"
These mills they built the tanks and bombs
That won this country's wars
We sent our sons to Korea and Vietnam
Now we're wondering what they were dyin' for
Here in Youngstown

From the Monongaleh valley
To the Mesabi iron range
To the coal mines of Appalacchia
The story's always the same
Seven-hundred tons of metal a day
Now sir you tell me the world's changed
Once I made you rich enough
Rich enough to forget my name
In Youngstown

Shocked

Bob, I just can't buy a dude from Jersey singing about Appalachia. It'd be like a guy from Connecticut singing about growing up in the Blue Ridge mountains.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 09:51

Da Mayor wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Shocked

Bob, I just can't buy a dude from Jersey singing about Appalachia. It'd be like a guy from Connecticut singing about growing up in the Blue Ridge mountains.
it's cool, dude - you don't have to.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-20, 10:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

it's cool, dude - you don't have to.

OK, thanks.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-20, 10:36

Here you go Bob, the only guitar player shorter than Bruce. Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-03-20, 10:44

prince love ballads
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 10:53

I.B. Fine wrote:Here you go Bob, the only guitar player shorter than Bruce. Wink
Nils is a rather little guy.. dude can play, though. His guitar solo that takes out the electric version of Youngstown back in the late 90's-early 2000's was pretty sweet.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 10:55

here it is isolated in a more studio-like setting.. still got some sweet blues-y sounds with just enough crunch to it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-20, 11:10

Nils has had quite a career, playing with Neil & Crazy Horse, Tonight's the Night is one of my all time favorites, nice solo career, and of course, playing with Bruce.

Nice guitar work on this version
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 11:35

I.B. Fine wrote:Nils has had quite a career, playing with Neil & Crazy Horse, Tonight's the Night is one of my all time favorites, nice solo career, and of course, playing with Bruce.

Nice guitar work on this version
indeed - he's an interesting guy. Done a lot of cool stuff and is probably quite underrated in the pantheon of musicians.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2018-03-21, 20:47

Some of these bands have been consuming my ears lately. Some of them have not...

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-21, 21:01

Cameron wrote:

I love Noel Gallagher, and his first two solo albums were better than the last 4 Oasis albums. But, I don't love Who Built the Moon (at least not yet). As You Were is better, frankly. I don't care how much or little Liam wrote or what studio magic was used to make him sound good, the first half of that thing is rock solid. Back half lags a bit, but they can't all be winners.

I guess I should ask here since Ghosts threads were nuked. You had a post about Oasis in his thread about Suede vs Oasis. I meant to check out your recommends. You mentioned the b sides or some lost album? I only have the first two albums would like more.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-03-21, 22:05

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I guess I should ask here since Ghosts threads were nuked.  You had a post about Oasis in his thread about Suede vs Oasis. I meant to check out your recommends. You mentioned the b sides or some lost album? I only have the first two albums would like more.

"The Masterplan" is a compilation of "Definitely Maybe"/"(What's the Story) Morning Glory" era b-sides, and it is excellent. There are several other b-sides that I like that came out later ("Idler's Dream" is a favorite), but "The Masterplan" is a good start.

If you haven't checked out Noel's solo work, his first two ("Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds" and "Chasing Yesterday") are both outstanding, I'd put them right up there with the best he ever wrote for Oasis. "Who Built the Moon" has not grabbed me like the first two did. "Dead in the Water," which I posted above, is my favorite track off his latest by a wide margin, but it was apparently an afterthought and something of a bonus track.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-22, 15:08

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I guess I should ask here since Ghosts threads were nuked.  You had a post about Oasis in his thread about Suede vs Oasis. I meant to check out your recommends. You mentioned the b sides or some lost album? I only have the first two albums would like more.

"The Masterplan" is a compilation of "Definitely Maybe"/"(What's the Story) Morning Glory" era b-sides, and it is excellent. There are several other b-sides that I like that came out later ("Idler's Dream" is a favorite), but "The Masterplan" is a good start.

If you haven't checked out Noel's solo work, his first two ("Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds" and "Chasing Yesterday") are both outstanding, I'd put them right up there with the best he ever wrote for Oasis. "Who Built the Moon" has not grabbed me like the first two did. "Dead in the Water," which I posted above, is my favorite track off his latest by a wide margin, but it was apparently an afterthought and something of a bonus track.

Thanks, I listened to the b-sides album this morning. It's pretty damn good. I remember when they broke big in the 90's and I really loved those two albums back in the day. I tried to get into their albums after Definitely Maybe or Whats the Story Morning Glory and they never really did it for me. I'll check out the solo works you mentioned soon.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-28, 09:13

my kid turned me on to The Menzingers - quality band with a solid sound. Sort of a Husker Du-inspired sound.. reminds me, too, of Japandroids.

they're playing at The Pyramid Scheme at the end of May in Grand Rapids. I suspect if me and the kid went, I'd be the oldest guy there by at least 20 years. Which would feel weird.

Long for the words with hearts and wings
Something familiar when you miss everything
You rest your head against the window pane
Feet on the dash through the steady rain
I drove you home while you slept in the front seat
After a show at the Stone Pony
Watch you awake so god damn sweetly
Over the Walt Whitman Bridge back to Philly

I toss and turn at four in the morning
Petrified of where our future's going
'Cause you're the kind of girl that deserves the world
I'm just the kind of guy that promises the world
So I fix a drink nice and strong in the kitchen
Something quick that'll cure my conscience
Creep back to bed and I kiss your forehead
Maybe everything is fine and it's all in my head.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next