Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court

Post by The_Dude on 2017-04-05, 11:00

Are Democrats really this dense? Do you not understand you are giving Trump and the Rs more power by not confirming a mainstream nomination? Lol this is fucking great. What a shot show the Dems are.
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-04-05, 11:05

The_Dude wrote:Are Democrats really this dense? Do you not understand you are giving Trump and the Rs more power by not confirming a mainstream nomination? Lol this is fucking great. What a shot show the Dems are.

Are you really this dense?

He's going to get confirmed using the nuclear option anyway.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-05, 11:07

DWags wrote:
Nothing says Mio like a guy who believes an idiot on twitter that doesn't have the ability to print up 100 of those posters in the next hour.

Golllllly Gee - mayB someday I kin B as surfisticated as you cityboyz.

I didn't realize that moving up north hits you with a stupid stick in the mind everyone that choose not to move here.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-04-05, 11:20

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:
Nothing says Mio like a guy who believes an idiot on twitter that doesn't have the ability to print up 100 of those posters in the next hour.  

I didn't realize that moving up north hits you with a stupid stick in the mind everyone that choose not to move here.

I didn't either until I read a lot of your posts on this board.

Left a big ole hanging breaking ball there goose.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2017-04-05, 11:30

Why all the extreme action from the political left these days?
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2017-04-05, 11:36

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Are Democrats really this dense? Do you not understand you are giving Trump and the Rs more power by not confirming a mainstream nomination? Lol this is fucking great. What a shot show the Dems are.

Yep.

And now, by not confirming a mainstream candidate in unprecedented obstructionism, the Democrats just gave Trump and the Rs the green light to nominate a far right judge in his second nomination he's somewhat likely to have. Not saying he will, but he has that option now thanks to Chucky.

The filibuster was meant for extreme candidates, not a mainstream candidate who the American Bar Association gives it's highest rating to, calling him "well qualified."

Why have the Democrats become so extreme?

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/aba_rates_supreme_court_nominee_neil_gorsuch_well_qualified
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-04-05, 11:45

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I didn't post the idiot tweet. im only assuming you believe the shit you post. My bad. I should know half the shit you post even you don't believe. Only your boy the Dude probably does.

Glad we agree that twitter was idiotic. Thanks.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-04-05, 12:01

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yep.

And now, by not confirming a mainstream candidate in unprecedented obstructionism, the Democrats just gave Trump and the Rs the green light to nominate a far right judge in his second nomination he's somewhat likely to have.  Not saying he will, but he has that option now thanks to Chucky.

The filibuster was meant for extreme candidates, not a mainstream candidate who the American Bar Association gives it's highest rating to, calling him "well qualified."

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/aba_rates_supreme_court_nominee_neil_gorsuch_well_qualified

So, if the Democrats would have just voted for this guy, they would have prevented a far right candidate in the future?

Interesting.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2017-04-05, 12:32

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Yep.

And now, by not confirming a mainstream candidate in unprecedented obstructionism, the Democrats just gave Trump and the Rs the green light to nominate a far right judge in his second nomination he's somewhat likely to have.  Not saying he will, but he has that option now thanks to Chucky.

So, if the Democrats would have just voted for this guy, they would have prevented a far right candidate in the future?

Interesting.

Yep, because if you filibuster and extreme candidate, you get support.

Doing it to Gorsuch causes you to open the door for an extremist getting in with just 51 votes.

There was no reason to filibuster. Trying to figure out a positive here for tDems. Maybe you can help me out.
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-04-05, 12:43

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Interesting.

Yep, because if you filibuster and extreme candidate, you get support.

Doing it to Gorsuch causes you to open the door for an extremist getting in with just 51 votes.

There was no reason to filibuster. Trying to figure out a positive here for tDems. Maybe you can help me out.

Oh. So, by not filibustering now...they could have filibustered later and prevented a far right candidate. This all seems kind of hypothetical.

Couldn't (some) Republicans oppose a far right candidate without depending on the Democrats to lead them around?

Or is that implausible in your hypothetical dream land?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake on 2017-04-06, 09:17

The_Dude wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:So is there any possibility this guy ever sits on the Supreme Court or are Democrats just going to block the appointment for 4 years?

Yes, the democrats have zero control and they don't know what to do so you are seeing a full blown panic/meltdown.

The strategy of shutting down government and not showing up to work because your side lost doesn't work.

Gorsuch will be confirmed with or without the radical obstructionist on the left. The right confirmed Sotomayor and Kagan, but I guess the minority party who doesn't even have the WH thinks they can choose a scouts member lol

Obstructing the sitting party seems to be standard protocol. Republicans did it for 8 years and now Democrats will obstruct best they can for the duration of Trump. Republicans had a chance to vote on Garland but they obstructed for months and now they're seeing the consequences of doing so.
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2017-04-06, 09:45

Nah. Dems take it to a new level. Filibustering a well qualified mainstream Scotus nominee has never been done before.

Taking the longest time in history to confirm a POTUS cabinet. We are talking about things that have never happened in the history of politics in our country.

The senate Dems wouldn't even confirm a left winger. There is that much hate and anger with them over whatever.

If you want to talk Garland, that was a voter issue decided in the election. Dems would have e done the exact same thing with a last year lame duck R POTUS.

American public is mostly moderate and Dems have doubled down on unprecedented extremism. It's just not healthy.

The tea party/Rs started to obstruct Obama once it became clear Obama was going to govern as one of the biggest my way or the highway partisan styles in history. He told Rs to sit in the back, told people to get in the face and argue with Rs, made zero effort with Congress, passed Obamacare in the most cloak and dagger way possible, etc. Obama dug his own grave.

Trump is the opposite he's extending olive branches to the other side but instead of working together the Ds opted for unprecedented obstructionism.

Ok. And it's futile because they are the minority party.

So it's a lose lose for Dems. Lose the battle and get viewed as extreme.
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2017-04-06, 10:03

Is there seriously not a single Dem here who can admit they dont like the Gorsuch filibuster?

Seriously? Is there even 1 or are all of you too far gone into the group think brainwashing?

Any independent thinkers left in the Dem party?

You know, you can say something your party is doing is stupid. It's ok. You won't spontaneously combust.
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-04-06, 10:09

The_Dude wrote:Is there seriously not a single Dem here who can admit they dont like the Gorsuch filibuster?

Seriously? Is there even 1 or are all of you too far gone into the group think brainwashing?

You know, you can say something your party is doing is stupid. It's ok. You won't spontaneously combust.

Great post, Irony Boy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-04-06, 10:40

The_Dude wrote:
If you want to talk Garland, that was a voter issue decided in the election.

What do you mean by that?

American public is mostly moderate and Dems have doubled down on unprecedented extremism. It's just not healthy.

The tea party/Rs started to obstruct Obama once it became clear Obama was going to govern as one of the biggest my way or the highway partisan styles in history. He told Rs to sit in the back, told people to get in the face and argue with Rs, made zero effort with Congress, passed Obamacare in the most cloak and dagger way possible, etc. Obama dug his own grave.

Trump is the opposite he's extending olive branches to the other side but instead of working together the Ds opted for unprecedented obstructionism.

The fact that you actually believe this wholeheartedly is incomprehensible.
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-04-06, 10:41

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Is there seriously not a single Dem here who can admit they dont like the Gorsuch filibuster?

Great post, Irony Boy.

If it's a schtick it's funny. If he doesn't realize what he's like here I think it's even funnier. Imagine what goes on in his head.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-04-06, 10:43

I'm not bothered by the filibuster, but I do see it as pointless political posturing. I can scarcely imagine a scenario in which Gorsuch doesn't join the SCotUS.
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-04-06, 10:44

I do t mind either side following the rules laid out by our forefathers. Those guys were fucking smart. I do think if McConnell just put Garland up for the vote it would give the pubs a higher moral rock to stand on. No way was he passing a vote. I don't see why McConnell just didn't let it go.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-04-06, 11:21

As recently as 40-45 years ago we had enough bi-partisanship to have hearings that eventually forced Nxon to resgn.

Now we have one party so interested in power McConnell admits there were no "rules" he spoke of while blockng a hearing on Garland and he will change real rules to get Gorsuch on the bench.

Keep in mind this is the same bunch more interested in finding leakers than investigating Russian involvement in the last election.

I'm afraid we ain't seen nuthin' yet.

GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-04-06, 11:37

The_Dude wrote:Nah. Dems take it to a new level. Filibustering a well qualified mainstream Scotus nominee has never been done before.

Taking the longest time in history to confirm a POTUS cabinet. We are talking about things that have never happened in the history of politics in our country.

The senate Dems wouldn't even confirm a left winger. There is that much hate and anger with them over whatever.

If you want to talk Garland, that was a voter issue decided in the election. Dems would have e done the exact same thing with a last year lame duck R POTUS.

Ok. And it's futile because they are the minority party.

So it's a lose lose for Dems. Lose the battle and get viewed as extreme.

How many judicial appointments did the Republicans block while Obama was in office? Was that extreme? Or just politics?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-06, 13:18

Strange no one said a word about Tribalism. ^^

For those ignorant of history look up Estrada, the real key to starting all of this after Bork.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-04-06, 13:21

LooseGoose wrote:Strange no one said a word about Tribalism. ^^

For those ignorant of history look up Estrada, the real key to starting all of this after Bork.

You're the only one ever to use that term. No one else cares about your latest buzz word.

I like Gorsuch from what I've read. Roe v. Wade is never going away in case you were wondering.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-06, 14:13

And he thinks people actually believe his shit.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-04-06, 14:36

LooseGoose wrote:Strange no one said a word about Tribalism.    ^^

What buzzword did you use last year when Republicans were blocking judicial appointments?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on 2017-04-06, 14:43

So, as I predicted, Dems are simply incapable of saying that they fucked up 230 years of practice to appease a mentally deranged base detached from reality...
Folks, that's the current day Democratic Party. All time lows power wise, but they never do anything wrong...every loss is because of outside forces or the other side doing something wrong.
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-04-06, 14:46

The_Dude wrote:So, as I predicted, Dems are simply incapable of saying that they fucked up 230 years of practice to appease a mentally deranged base detached from reality...
Folks, that's the current day Democratic Party. All time lows power wise, but they never do anything wrong...every loss is because of outside forces or the other side doing something wrong.

What's up The Comradude?

Gonna link any more Russian-insider twitter stuff?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-04-06, 15:15

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:So, as I predicted, Dems are simply incapable of saying that they fucked up 230 years of practice to appease a mentally deranged base detached from reality...

What's up The Comradude?

Wanting to change the rules instead of the nominee will satisfy the ignorant. Especially the uninformed who cling to one issue. But when you cross this Rubican you can't go back.

Another oligarchical move that should frighten Americans but 30 million are too dumb to grasp what just happened.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-04-06, 15:33

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What's up The Comradude?

Wanting to change the rules instead of the nominee will satisfy the ignorant. Especially the uninformed who cling to one issue. But when you cross this Rubican you can't go back.

Another oligarchical move that should frighten Americans but 30 million are too dumb to grasp what just happened.

Very bad move and precedent being set by the GOP. Turnabout will be fair play when the Dems appoint the most liberal SC judge ever in 2021.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-04-06, 15:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

Very bad move and precedent being set by the GOP. Turnabout will be fair play when the Dems appoint the most liberal SC judge ever in 2021.

Michael Moore for SCOTUS 2021!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake on 2017-04-07, 11:21

Dude is becoming irrationally angry because Democrats aren't marching on Washington to tell Democratic leadership to cut it out.

I think the filibuster is being abused and has been abused for years now. To sit here and pretend it's unprecedented is just ignorant though. I don't really care if Gorsuch gets the seat or not and it seems like a foregone conclusion at this point.
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-07, 11:47

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What's up The Comradude?

Except the "rule" was never a rule. Congrats for swallowing Schumer's made up shit.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-07, 11:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Michael Moore for SCOTUS 2021!

Perfect. Run on that.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-07, 12:01

Done. America is a better place today.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2017-04-07, 12:03

LooseGoose wrote:Done. America is a better place today.

This is very short sighted for such a very old man.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-04-07, 15:58

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Done. America is a better place today.

This is very short sighted for such a very old man.

lol, nah. Thinking of my kids and my grandson who's been here all day. Justice Gorsuch will be there for 40+ years.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-12, 10:19

Gorsuch delivers his 1st opinion.

The world hasn't ended.

Liberals shocked.

Read it here

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2017-06-12, 11:05

As I'm sure you know, but prefer to be ignorant. It wasn't about Gorsuch. Pretty much everyone agreed he wasn't a terrible pick. It was about the way he was appointed.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-06-12, 11:55

The poster making the smarmy remark is the same poster who supported the GOP's refusal to schedule hearings for President Obama's nominee Garland and favored leaving the SCOTUS at 8 or fewer if Clinton had won in Nov '16. A faux conservative.

Gorsuch will be the pro business justice the GOP wanted and they got him. It's very possible we won't see any class action suits. Corporations and wealthy people want to drown individuals in paper work
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2017-06-12, 12:06

GRR Spartan wrote:The poster making the smarmy remark is the same poster who supported the GOP's refusal to schedule hearings for President Obama's nominee Garland and favored leaving the SCOTUS at 8 or fewer if Clinton had won in Nov '16. A faux conservative.

Gorsuch will be the pro business justice the GOP wanted and they got him. It's very possible we won't see any class action suits. Corporations and wealthy people want to drown individuals in paper work

It won't matter when the mobs storm the capital.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-27, 12:19

Bob? If I chipped in some gas $$ would you go give this person a hug??

Entry 13: Neil Gorsuch is everything liberals feared—and more.

Let him know we only need 2 more and then Alito will take Kennedy's place as the swing vote - to the right of Roberts.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum