Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CNN producer detained in Atlanta files lawsuit against immigration order

2 posters

Go down

CNN producer detained in Atlanta files lawsuit against immigration order  Empty CNN producer detained in Atlanta files lawsuit against immigration order

Post by NigelUno Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 2:18

CNN producer detained in Atlanta files lawsuit against immigration order

"A CNN editor and producer who was detained Sunday at Atlanta's airport has filed a federal lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's immigration order.  Mohammed Tawfeeq is an Iraqi national who has been a permanent legal resident of the United States since 2013.  As an editor, Tawfeeq frequently travels to the Middle East as part of his reporting duties, the lawsuit states.

Tawfeeq was detained Sunday at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, where he was subjected to additional screening that delayed his entry into the United States.

Defendants used Trump's recent executive order to unlawfully detain Tawfeeq, who is a legal permanent resident of the U.S., an immigrant from Iraq, an award-winning Middle Eastern journalist and the current manager of CNN's International Desk, the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit, filed against the U.S. departments of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection and other federal agencies, seeks a declaration of Tawfeeq’s rights under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

The suits states that applying this executive order to lawful permanent residents or green card holders returning after a brief trip abroad violates the Immigration and Nationality Act, the Administrative Procedure Act and the U.S. Constitution.

“The executive order has greatly increased the uncertainty involved in current and future international travel for returning lawful permanent residents like Mr. Tawfeeq,” the lawsuit states."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

CNN producer detained in Atlanta files lawsuit against immigration order  Empty Re: CNN producer detained in Atlanta files lawsuit against immigration order

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 10:13

NigelUno wrote:CNN producer detained in Atlanta files lawsuit against immigration order

"A CNN editor and producer who was detained Sunday at Atlanta's airport has filed a federal lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's immigration order.  Mohammed Tawfeeq is an Iraqi national who has been a permanent legal resident of the United States since 2013.  As an editor, Tawfeeq frequently travels to the Middle East as part of his reporting duties, the lawsuit states.

Tawfeeq was detained Sunday at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, where he was subjected to additional screening that delayed his entry into the United States.

Defendants used Trump's recent executive order to unlawfully detain Tawfeeq, who is a legal permanent resident of the U.S., an immigrant from Iraq, an award-winning Middle Eastern journalist and the current manager of CNN's International Desk, the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit, filed against the U.S. departments of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection and other federal agencies, seeks a declaration of Tawfeeq’s rights under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

The suits states that applying this executive order to lawful permanent residents or green card holders returning after a brief trip abroad violates the Immigration and Nationality Act, the Administrative Procedure Act and the U.S. Constitution.

“The executive order has greatly increased the uncertainty involved in current and future international travel for returning lawful permanent residents like Mr. Tawfeeq,” the lawsuit states."
he sounds awfully brown.

I'm sure this will get the sexual predator and his fellow deplorable's full attention.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

CNN producer detained in Atlanta files lawsuit against immigration order  Empty Re: CNN producer detained in Atlanta files lawsuit against immigration order

Post by NigelUno Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 12:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:CNN producer detained in Atlanta files lawsuit against immigration order

he sounds awfully brown.

I'm sure this will get the sexual predator and his fellow deplorable's full attention.

Maybe Trump will apologize for the total shit show.

Probably not though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 17:37

Antineoplastons wrote:

Damn, if "Additional screenings" = grounds to sue on the act of being "illegally obtained" then Lionel Hutz probably is sporting some serious woodrow right about now

Did you mean illegally detained? (Although I don't think those words were used either)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 19:44

Antineoplastons wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Did you mean illegally detained? (Although I don't think those words were used either)

Yes, thank you. Editing it now

I don't think he's suing because of additional screenings. I think he's suing because he thinks (as a legal resident of the US) that he was unlawfully detained.

I'm guessing in the zeal to pass some sort of (new) immigration policy that it wasn't effectively communicated what exactly the policy was. If he's a frequent business traveler, I'm guessing he would like to know what the exact policy is (and if he will be subject to additional screenings and/or possibly being detained every time he re-enters the US), as would any other legal resident of the US (from those countries).

In other words, the shit show needs to get their shit together.

See you in court!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 18:38

Antineoplastons wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I don't think he's suing because of additional screenings.  I think he's suing because he thinks (as a legal resident of the US) that he was unlawfully detained.  

I'm guessing in the zeal to pass some sort of (new) immigration policy that it wasn't effectively communicated what exactly the policy was.  If he's a frequent business traveler, I'm guessing he would like to know what the exact policy is (and if he will be subject to additional screenings and/or possibly being detained every time he re-enters the US), as would any other legal resident of the US (from those countries).  

In other words, the shit show needs to get their shit together.  

See you in court!

I just read the part of the story you quoted which pretty clearly says he was picked for additional screenings and he's suing for being illegally detained.  Additional screenings are pretty commonplace with the pervs at the TSA regardless of  the color of your skin, gender, age, etc...

I agree it's a dumb thing to do and is merely a CIA psy-op in order to divide and conquer....but in theory, if it's due to keep Americans safe from imminent danger then why wouldn't/shouldn't it be implemented right away?

I don't think he was subjected to additional screenings by TSA...like he had to walk through the metal detector again or get patted down.

Pretty sure he was detained by Customs and Border Patrol. If the policy is to detain legal residents of the US, the legality of that is being questioned.

Has the exact policy even been defined yet?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down