Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion

+5
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Rocinante
Death Roe
P Rob
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion Empty Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion

Post by Death Roe Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 14:36

Kenny G has been playing a note for the last few minutes. Stugotz read the ESPN news throughout a nice sax solo. Fucking hilarious.

Carry on.

Love,

Death Roe

Last edited by Death Roe on Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 17:09; edited 2 times in total
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion Empty Re: Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion

Post by Death Roe Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 14:41

He's playing a small note for 10 minutes, then hanging up and talking to them tomorrow. Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion Empty Re: Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion

Post by P Rob Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 15:06

Kenny G? ESPN radio?

yawn.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 15:08

P Rob wrote:Kenny G? ESPN radio?

yawn.

You don't get the show.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 16:22

Death Roe wrote:
P Rob wrote:Kenny G? ESPN radio?

yawn.

You don't get the show.

No. I don't. ESPN radio is the Wal-Mart of sports talk.

Would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 14 Feb 2017 - 14:46

I did hear it! LeBatard and Bomani are the only thing that ESPN has going for it anymore.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue 14 Feb 2017 - 14:48

I actually emailed Cote something and he responded. That was awesome. I'm sure that helped feed his big ego Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue 14 Feb 2017 - 14:50

Holy shit Stugotz right now
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 14 Feb 2017 - 15:00

Have you ever listened to the local hour? They actually talk about sports. It's weird.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue 14 Feb 2017 - 15:23

I listen because I can't stand Mike and Mike. I pray to GOD Stu doesn't jump ship.

The difference between the local and national broadcast is incredibly large. They talk Heat basketball more than anything else.

Cote was great today, they got him with the hard network out at least twice. His own son set him up for the last one, too. Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion 502811600

That Stugotz reservation call was fucking hilarious
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 14:18

Roc. We're getting another day of Greg Cote tomorrow.

Stu is doing Mike and Mike tomorrow, further fueling the rumors of him leaving.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 14:23

It would be dumb for him to leave. The only thing that makes his shtick worthwhile is the interplay between him and Dan. He would suck on his own.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 14:26

Rocinante wrote:It would be dumb for him to leave. The only thing that makes his shtick worthwhile is the interplay between him and Dan. He would suck on his own.

He's so... normal, on Mike and Mike. It's unnerving to listen to.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 30 Mar 2017 - 13:39

Yesterday's show was great. The argument about the best wrestling name ever had me rolling. And I agree Gorilla Monsoon is the best. Followed by about 20 names before you get to the stupid ass undertaker.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu 30 Mar 2017 - 13:44

Rocinante wrote:Yesterday's show was great. The argument about the best wrestling name ever had me rolling. And I agree Gorilla Monsoon is the best. Followed by about 20 names before you get to the stupid ass undertaker.

When Cote said "Haystack Calhoun" during their interview with Ric Flair, I spit out my drink laughing so hard. That man is a damn treasure.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 30 Mar 2017 - 13:50

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu 30 Mar 2017 - 13:52

Gorilla Monsoon is great, Stone Cold Steve Austin is second best.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Mar 2017 - 14:18

Rocinante wrote:

There are times I've wanted to use Haystack's horseshoe on you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 30 Mar 2017 - 14:40

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

That just means I'm winning.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu 30 Mar 2017 - 14:44

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

That just means I'm winning.

BBWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 17 May 2017 - 14:20

Did you hear his rant about people complaining that espn is liberal?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 17 May 2017 - 15:23

Yeah, he did it yesterday, too.

Both times, Stu was silent. Cote said like one sentence during the rant yesterday.

I don't like the penalty box for Cote. Let Cote be the Showkiller he is meant to be.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 17 May 2017 - 17:13

Stugots doesn't want to piss of his redneck fans.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 17 May 2017 - 17:13

Sometimes Cote can be really bad though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 17 May 2017 - 17:29

Rocinante wrote:Sometimes Cote can be really bad though.

That's when he's the best, though. I agree he can be awful sometimes, but the change of pace from Monday, Wed thru Friday is great on Tuesdays.

What do you think of the show coming in January with Bomani and Pablo?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 17 May 2017 - 17:30

I haven't heard the show since they left the local station and moved to mid mornings or whatever time they're on now. I thought they lost quite a bit moving to ESPN and ESPN reigned in a lot of their funnier shit. Is Roy still on the show?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 17 May 2017 - 17:31

Roc, this is GOAT (lel) Cote right here. I pissed myself laughing at this when I heard the segment.

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 17 May 2017 - 17:33

InTenSity wrote:I haven't heard the show since they left the local station and moved to mid mornings or whatever time they're on now. I thought they lost quite a bit moving to ESPN and ESPN reigned in a lot of their funnier shit. Is Roy still on the show?

They're still on 790 The Ticket, they dual-broadcast. Local hour from 9-10am, national 10a-1p.

The show has been fantastic the last few weeks, last week was sheer hilarity every day.

Roy is on still as an EP, Mike has taken the reins since Hoch left a few years ago. Mike is doing a killer job. Roy is quiet, but his contributions are gold.

I wish he'd bring back Roy's Top Ten.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 17 May 2017 - 17:43

Death Roe wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I haven't heard the show since they left the local station and moved to mid mornings or whatever time they're on now. I thought they lost quite a bit moving to ESPN and ESPN reigned in a lot of their funnier shit. Is Roy still on the show?

They're still on 790 The Ticket, they dual-broadcast. Local hour from 9-10am, national 10a-1p.

The show has been fantastic the last few weeks, last week was sheer hilarity every day.

Roy is on still as an EP, Mike has taken the reins since Hoch left a few years ago. Mike is doing a killer job. Roy is quiet, but his contributions are gold.

I wish he'd bring back Roy's Top Ten.
Douche or no Douche was gold as well. Hoch brought a lot of good idea's to the table. I'm not sure how he's doing at his new gig, I think he's on in the afternoons. They might still be local, but I can only listen either early morning or during the drive home. I haven't turned the ticket on since they moved time slots. I always thought the interviews Dan did were great, though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 17 May 2017 - 17:45

They still do Douche/No Douche, just one every few weeks.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 17 May 2017 - 18:12

I don't know how I feel about Cote. I love his back in my day stuff, yes, but he takes a bit that's working so well and kills it so badly. It's funny because they run with it, but it's kind of annoying because now he does it on purpose as much as he can.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:39

Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion Q8Oqd_OaOOA45O1tI24IaRe6KMuCHzfyW6FyKnF_Aak
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:49

Roc and Roe, hoochie koo!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Lee Swagger Thu 25 May 2017 - 20:54

Death Roe wrote:Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion Q8Oqd_OaOOA45O1tI24IaRe6KMuCHzfyW6FyKnF_Aak

Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion 1966794946 Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Thread - aka Roc and Roe discussion 1966794946 That's great. He said yesterday during the last hour he wanted that done but I missed the show today.
Bob Lee Swagger
Bob Lee Swagger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu 25 May 2017 - 21:30

The show has been on fire the last few weeks. Everyone has been at their best, even Cote.

Pablo sucks, but he was less sucky on Wednesday.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Lee Swagger Thu 25 May 2017 - 21:35

Death Roe wrote:The show has been on fire the last few weeks. Everyone has been at their best, even Cote.

The Stugotz Mother's Day restaurant reservations bit was cringeworthy and the voicemail he left for Boog Schambi about not being able to make it to his benefit was just as awkward. Stogotz makes the show because of his cringeworthiness, imo.
Bob Lee Swagger
Bob Lee Swagger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu 25 May 2017 - 21:42

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:
Death Roe wrote:The show has been on fire the last few weeks. Everyone has been at their best, even Cote.

The Stugotz Mother's Day restaurant reservations bit was cringeworthy and the voicemail he left for Boog Schambi about not being able to make it to his benefit was just as awkward. Stogotz makes the show because of his cringeworthiness, imo.

I thought the MD call was bad, but I wasn't a fan of him dodging out on Boog's charity. He didn't come off like regular Stugotz, he came off like a complete asshole.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 14 Jun 2017 - 16:25

Roc, we're getting Stu Finebaum on Greg Cote Tuesday. Next week we also get Joe Harper back in for STU LIES II.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 19 Jun 2017 - 10:09

Bump for Roc and myself.

Jon Stewart will be on at 10:15am.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 19 Jun 2017 - 12:58

"It's an important conversation and I'm glad somebody's having it"

Fuckin Stugots
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next