Football rumors (Merged)

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Cameron on 2017-06-06, 11:34

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:After we'd sorta been led to believe that it was more on 1 player than the other two......this is grim....up to 15 years in prison for Corley and Vance. What a waste of lives and potential while having a severe negative impact on the girl's life. Waste, waste, waste.....sad all around.

Michigan State football players sexually assaulted woman in bathroom, police say

At this point, I couldn't possibly care about the players involved - they chose their path. Little children understand that "no means no." Lock them up.

That article makes them all seem both evil and dumb. How stupid do you have to be to positively identify your victim?
avatar
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3174
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 28
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Jethro Bodeen on 2017-06-06, 11:38

Cameron wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

At this point, I couldn't possibly care about the players involved - they chose their path. Little children understand that "no means no." Lock them up.

That article makes them all seem both evil and dumb. How stupid do you have to be to positively identify your victim?

How stupid? As stupid as they obviously are. Fools.
avatar
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Posts : 637
Join date : 2014-05-06
Location : In a van by the river.

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by CaptainSlow33 on 2017-06-06, 11:41

Cameron wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

At this point, I couldn't possibly care about the players involved - they chose their path. Little children understand that "no means no." Lock them up.

That article makes them all seem both evil and dumb. How stupid do you have to be to positively identify your victim?

It takes a special type of stupid to not only do what they did, but also to keep the video that they took on their phones. I really wish I could say that I feel bad that they threw their lives away, but each one of them willingly put themselves into that situation, all while the girl was asking them to stop. I hope they get the maximum sentence and that prison isn't kind to them.
avatar
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Posts : 126
Join date : 2017-01-12
Location : Southeast Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Nordic on 2017-06-06, 11:42

SeeRockCity wrote:
Nordic wrote:

To be clear, I'm taliking about the leadership of the staff as a whole. Not their ability to draw up X and Os.

It is Giant Moose tactic to use this as reason to 'reevaluate' things (when they have history of doing things the right way, including during this recent mess) because you don't like the way Snyder coaches special teams or Warner calls plays. Moron is probably not the right word...being dishonest with yourself and the reason you want changes is more appropriate.

I guess I can't really tell if we agree.  I think so?  Maybe you took offense to the throw away "fuck Snyder" line that was just a callback to earlier threads about the coaching staff?  I think I'm basically saying the same thing as you are on this topic.

I more responding to Steve (which you originally agreed with but evolved from there)
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5917
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Nordic on 2017-06-06, 11:58

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
Cameron wrote:

That article makes them all seem both evil and dumb. How stupid do you have to be to positively identify your victim?

It takes a special type of stupid to not only do what they did, but also to keep the video that they took on their phones.  I really wish I could say that I feel bad that they threw their lives away, but each one of them willingly put themselves into that situation, all while the girl was asking them to stop.  I hope they get the maximum sentence and that prison isn't kind to them.

Obviously we need to hear the other side of the story.  But regardless, WTF are these dudes doing? First they tried to lie. Then they don't even know her name but have to pick her out from a photo? I get college one night stands, but having sex with a girl you don't know in the bathroom, who has likely had sex with others, even if consensual is absurd.  WTF is wrong with people. Have some goddamn respect for others and yourself.

Corley and Vance were both interviewed in early February. Both originally denied having sexual contact at the party, before later admitting to receiving oral sex from the alleged victim, according to Davis' testimony. Both said they didn't know the victim but positively identified her from a photo.
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5917
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Nordic on 2017-06-06, 12:11

Excellent article by Couch posted in the recruiting thread, but it ties into what we are talking about here.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2017/06/06/msu-football-sexual-assault-couch-column/369649001/

Couch wrote:
...It all looks really bad for MSU’s football program.

What has to be determined, though, is whether the optics of this week and these past few months point to something true and damning about the state of MSU’s program and Dantonio’s ability to lead it?

Or did these situations happen despite the culture inside the football building and not, in some way, because of it?


We’re about to learn a ton about MSU’s leadership — from President Lou Anna Simon all the way down to the 14 remaining players from its 2016 class. And, of course, about Dantonio and his staff.

Heads shouldn’t roll for the sake of appearances. That’s weak leadership.

Heads should roll if MSU's leaders have lost faith in Dantonio. I’m told MSU isn’t close to that point, that Dantonio has the collective support of the board, despite recent grumbling. Dantonio left Monday’s board meeting with a “vote of confidence,” a perilous phrase in the world of college athletics. However, a legitimate one for now.

Monday’s meeting was a chance for Dantonio to explain his program — the discipline structure, organization, etc. — to board members who are less familiar with the inner workings of a major college football program.

Three of the eight board members are former MSU football players. One of those, George Perles, is a former head coach and athletic director.

The administration and board members should ask themselves this: If MSU had gone 9-3 last season, instead of 3-9, and if Larry Nassar didn’t exist, would they feel the same way about the overall condition of the football program?

Nassar is facing 28 criminal charges and seven lawsuits involving sexual assault claims from at least 95 women and girls. That situation heightens everything.

It shares common denominators with the football cases — sexual assault and MSU —but Mark Dantonio isn't one of them....
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5917
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by DWags on 2017-06-06, 12:17

"Monday’s meeting was a chance for Dantonio to explain his program — the discipline structure, organization, etc. — to board members who are less familiar with the inner workings of a major college football program."

This is what I was saying yesterday. Board members have the absolute right to ask Dantonio questions regarding his program. It's frankly their duty to if they are not informed like other board members. I would have questions about WHAT APPEARS to be the wheels falling off. Not that they are, but I'd have questions regarding the appearance. Sounds like they asked and liked the answers.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20079
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-06, 12:30

PC is on BTN if you want to watch it.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14567
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-06, 12:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:PC is on BTN if you want to watch it.

I think CoachD has been very solid up there.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30267
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 96
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-06, 12:56

Coach D is killing it.

My faith in him is definitely reaffirmed.

_________________
SHOCKULAR:
Where to start?
I mean, the first thing with pea soup is the texture, okay?
I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8036
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by DWags on 2017-06-06, 13:51

http://video.btn.com/complete-michigan-state-football-press-conference

Presser

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20079
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by SeeRockCity on 2017-06-06, 14:11

DWags wrote:http://video.btn.com/complete-michigan-state-football-press-conference

Presser

Idiots. Sounds like they went right from the Title IX class talking about not raping women to raping women. Wonder if they had time to shower first.

_________________
I don't even post here anymore.
avatar
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Posts : 3758
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Atlanta, GA

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2017-06-06, 14:47

A lot of people calling them "stupid" or "idiots". No. I mean, yeah, they are, but being drunk and still driving home is stupid and idiotic. Getting in a fight at a bar is stupid and idiotic. Calling these guys stupid and idiotic is being wayyyyyy to fucking nice to them.

These guys are flat out fucking assholes, dickheads, pieces of shit. Rape is a crime of violence, not passion. It's not "Oh, I'm horny, I need some pussy or a bj". It's about power and forcing someone to bend to your will. How can you fucking do that in a situation like that? God dammit, I can't even imagine how big of a turn off it would be to have a girl crying and saying, "No, please stop!" But these pieces of shit got off on that, and kept going. And King fucking recorded it. Fucking evil monsters, the whole bunch of them.
avatar
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2035
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by SeeRockCity on 2017-06-06, 15:33

MiamiSpartan wrote:A lot of people calling them "stupid" or "idiots". No. I mean, yeah, they are, but being drunk and still driving home is stupid and idiotic. Getting in a fight at a bar is stupid and idiotic. Calling these guys stupid and idiotic is being wayyyyyy to fucking nice to them.

These guys are flat out fucking assholes, dickheads, pieces of shit. Rape is a crime of violence, not passion. It's not "Oh, I'm horny, I need some pussy or a bj". It's about power and forcing someone to bend to your will. How can you fucking do that in a situation like that? God dammit, I can't even imagine how big of a turn off it would be to have a girl crying and saying, "No, please stop!" But these pieces of shit got off on that, and kept going. And King fucking recorded it. Fucking evil monsters, the whole bunch of them.

I think that is implied. Most people are saying that in addition to being all those things, they are also stupid.

_________________
I don't even post here anymore.
avatar
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Posts : 3758
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Atlanta, GA

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2017-06-06, 16:31

SeeRockCity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:A lot of people calling them "stupid" or "idiots". No. I mean, yeah, they are, but being drunk and still driving home is stupid and idiotic. Getting in a fight at a bar is stupid and idiotic. Calling these guys stupid and idiotic is being wayyyyyy to fucking nice to them.

These guys are flat out fucking assholes, dickheads, pieces of shit. Rape is a crime of violence, not passion. It's not "Oh, I'm horny, I need some pussy or a bj". It's about power and forcing someone to bend to your will. How can you fucking do that in a situation like that? God dammit, I can't even imagine how big of a turn off it would be to have a girl crying and saying, "No, please stop!" But these pieces of shit got off on that, and kept going. And King fucking recorded it. Fucking evil monsters, the whole bunch of them.

I think that is implied. Most people are saying that in addition to being all those things, they are also stupid.
Oh, I know. I didn't mean that there's anyone that doesn't think that they're assholes. Just that calling them stupid feels so tame.
avatar
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2035
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-06-06, 16:51

So many people immediately pouncing on these guys as monsters. Maybe they are, but maybe they aren't. I learned a long time ago the police and prosecutors have a tendency to overstate things. Therefore, until it's determined to be factual and truthful, I'm going to wait for the trials so I can hear from all sides before making up my mind. I'm sorry to learn I'm in the minority here.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18106
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Cameron on 2017-06-06, 17:25

tGreenWay wrote:So many people immediately pouncing on these guys as monsters. Maybe they are, but maybe they aren't. I learned a long time ago the police and prosecutors have a tendency to overstate things. Therefore, until it's determined to be factual and truthful, I'm going to wait for the trials so I can hear from all sides before making up my mind. I'm sorry to learn I'm in the minority here.

Under different circumstances I might agree with you, but being that there is video of the incident and charges are being brought and they've been kicked off the team... I feel that the totality of what we know warrants jumping to some conclusions.
avatar
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3174
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 28
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-06, 17:27

What an asswipe Seidel is if you read his column from last night about MSU hiding and Dantonio sneaking out the backdoor.
Well today they pressed charges and released the names and here is Dantonio standing up like a man and taking questions
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 4858
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-06, 17:33

Herbie Green wrote:What an asswipe Seidel is if you read his column from last night about MSU hiding and Dantonio sneaking out the backdoor.
Well today they pressed charges and released the names and here is Dantonio standing up like a man and taking questions

I read it and didn't link it because it was a cheap shot. I don't mind criticism but there's a line between being critical, demanding excellence and throwing cheap shots because you can.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30267
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 96
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by steveschneider on 2017-06-06, 17:36

http://www.freep.com/videos/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2017/06/06/takeaways-msus-news-conference-sexual-assault-charges/102554410/

Fucking amateur hour. Watch the start of the video, that shit should be on the cutting room floor.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10656
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-06, 17:38

Pretty low bond....

Michigan State's Demetric Vance arraigned on sexual assault charge

Vance arrived in court with several family members and and a bishop from his church. All declined to comment following the hearing.

His preliminary examination hearing was set for 9 a.m. June 22, and a probable cause conference is scheduled for 1 p.m. June 15.

The prosecution asked for a $50,000 bond, but Vance's attorney said Vance has no interest in fleeing or contacting the alleged victim and plans to fully fight the charge. Judge Richard Ball set bond at 10 percent of $10,000 and ordered no contact between Vance and the alleged victim.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30267
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 96
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-06-06, 17:40

Wetzel: It's up to Mark Dantonio to right Michigan State ship after vile sexual assault scandal

It probably shouldn’t be notable that by all accounts Michigan State handled these allegations and the criminal investigation into them properly and without interference. This is college football though, where cover-up scandals are all too common.

Dantonio and athletic director Mark Hollis let the police do their job, suspending, but not naming, the players. It came at a cost – unable to offer much of a comment, the specter of the scandal hovered over the program, which never helps recruiting. Dantonio spent months almost underground, unable to do any promotion for the program. The Spartans, who take pride in never backing down, were forced to, at least temporarily.

All this came at a time when chief rivals Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame were racing around assembling talented recruiting classes.

Once the charges were filed, the three players were dismissed. Finally, the coach and athletic director spoke out. This appears to be the un-Baylor approach. For that, Spartan fans can be pleased.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11876
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Dendrobates on 2017-06-06, 18:27

After reading what happened and the fact the 3 guys are being charged, I hope they fucking rot. Rape is a disgusting thing to do to someone. They all know that is wrong and should pay.

I hope the victim gets the help that she needs.
avatar
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1108
Join date : 2014-04-20
Age : 31
Location : Metro Detroit

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2017-06-06, 18:27

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:So many people immediately pouncing on these guys as monsters. Maybe they are, but maybe they aren't. I learned a long time ago the police and prosecutors have a tendency to overstate things. Therefore, until it's determined to be factual and truthful, I'm going to wait for the trials so I can hear from all sides before making up my mind. I'm sorry to learn I'm in the minority here.

Under different circumstances I might agree with you, but being that there is video of the incident and charges are being brought and they've been kicked off the team... I feel that the totality of what we know warrants jumping to some conclusions.
Exactly. I try to be in the "let's see how it plays out before jumping to conclusions" camp, but to me it says a lot that in the Court of Dantonio, they committed a terrible infraction. He knows what happened. It is likely he saw the texts, saw the video, and maybe even heard it straight from the players' mouths. I don't think he booted them because of the charges, but rather was waiting for the charges (their names being made public) so that he could do what he's wanted to do for nearly 5 months. When you look at Dantonio's history of letting things play out through the system, giving second chances, etc., I think it says volumes about their guilt in this that he booted them immediately upon their names becoming public.
avatar
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2035
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by kingstonlake on 2017-06-06, 18:34

These three are obviously dumb as fuck and low life scum. My question is, with video evidence, why so long to file charges. Is it a case of the video making it difficult to win a verdict. is there something in it that leaves some sort of prosecutorial doubt in the case. Maybe I'm over thinking it.
avatar
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4926
Join date : 2014-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by MSU addict on 2017-06-06, 19:43

First off, I believe if they have done what is alleged - let them rot.

That said, unless I hear an account from someone who actually saw the video, I am not giving it much weight.  I don't understand why everyone is going off the deep end about "video evidence."  It may be may be quite damning, but it may actually help exonerate them.  

It seems to be trying the case in the court of public opinion.  If that video evidence was so damning - why the fuck does it take four months for charges to be brought?  Why does it the case have to be sent back to the police for more investigation if they had video that left little doubt as to what happened.  How long did it take them to charge Auston Robertson, a week?

Unfortunately in the end, I have a feeling this is still going to be a "they said - she said" case.
avatar
MSU addict
Spartiate

Posts : 334
Join date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-06, 19:50

I'm not trying to stop you guys from talking about it, but who cares at this point. Innocent, guilty, varying degrees - no longer our concern. Coach D made the decision to move on without him, he deemed the evidence to be enough that they should not be part of the program. Only concern left here is for the victim.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14567
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by MSU addict on 2017-06-06, 19:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Under different circumstances I might agree with you, but being that there is video of the incident and charges are being brought and they've been kicked off the team... I feel that the totality of what we know warrants jumping to some conclusions.
Exactly. I try to be in the "let's see how it plays out before jumping to conclusions" camp, but to me it says a lot that in the Court of Dantonio, they committed a terrible infraction. He knows what happened. It is likely he saw the texts, saw the video, and maybe even heard it straight from the players' mouths. I don't think he booted them because of the charges, but rather was waiting for the charges (their names being made public) so that he could do what he's wanted to do for nearly 5 months. When you look at Dantonio's history of letting things play out through the system, giving second chances, etc., I think it says volumes about their guilt in this that he booted them immediately upon their names becoming public.
I disagree. From what I know of the Jones Day report they said that Dantonio did not and should not have, conducted any sort of investigation once he became aware of an alleged crime.

Yes, Dantonio kicked them off the team. He had no choice but to do so. Can you imagine the hue and cry that would have occurred if he had not? Can you imagine the cloud hanging over the program if he did not?

He had no choice in the matter what so ever.
avatar
MSU addict
Spartiate

Posts : 334
Join date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-06, 20:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not trying to stop you guys from talking about it, but who cares at this point. Innocent, guilty, varying degrees - no longer our concern. Coach D made the decision to move on without him, he deemed the evidence to be enough that they should not be part of the program. Only concern left here is for the victim.

Yeah, as far as I am concerned this case is closed as a MSU fan. I suppose though we will have to read every twist and turn of the legal process for months under the headline of MSU sports.
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 4858
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Wally Fairway on 2017-06-06, 21:06

MSU addict wrote:First off, I believe if they have done what is alleged - let them rot.

That said, unless I hear an account from someone who actually saw the video, I am not giving it much weight.  I don't understand why everyone is going off the deep end about "video evidence."  It may be may be quite damning, but it may actually help exonerate them.  

It seems to be trying the case in the court of public opinion.  If that video evidence was so damning - why the fuck does it take four months for charges to be brought?  Why does it the case have to be sent back to the police for more investigation if they had video that left little doubt as to what happened.  How long did it take them to charge Auston Robertson, a week?

Unfortunately in the end, I have a feeling this is still going to be a "they said - she said" case.

What I'm most interested in at this point is - If there is video evidence and as most people are jumping to a guilty conclusion, why in the hell did it take the prosecutor 4 months to decide to press charges?
Something really just doesn't quite seem right, I'm all in for if they raped her then rot. And I have no problem with cutting them loose from the program and the school for being in that situation...but I'll wait to see what happens in court.
I'm hoping that they don't take a plea, if they really think they are innocent. But that will barely make the news, which is right. Because if they were not MSU football players they would be like the other 100 cases heard every month in Ingham county - for drugs, drunk driving, homicide, CSC, etc that we never hear about.

_________________
Games are won in 3 places:
- the film room
- the training room
- the Swill
avatar
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by steveschneider on 2017-06-06, 21:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not trying to stop you guys from talking about it, but who cares at this point. Innocent, guilty, varying degrees - no longer our concern. Coach D made the decision to move on without him, he deemed the evidence to be enough that they should not be part of the program. Only concern left here is for the victim.

I'm with you not really much more to say at this juncture. Time to just let the whole thing play out.

All of our questions will be answered in due time.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10656
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-06-06, 22:59

Wally Fairway wrote:
MSU addict wrote:First off, I believe if they have done what is alleged - let them rot.

That said, unless I hear an account from someone who actually saw the video, I am not giving it much weight.  I don't understand why everyone is going off the deep end about "video evidence."  It may be may be quite damning, but it may actually help exonerate them.  

It seems to be trying the case in the court of public opinion.  If that video evidence was so damning - why the fuck does it take four months for charges to be brought?  Why does it the case have to be sent back to the police for more investigation if they had video that left little doubt as to what happened.  How long did it take them to charge Auston Robertson, a week?

Unfortunately in the end, I have a feeling this is still going to be a "they said - she said" case.

What I'm most interested in at this point is - If there is video evidence and as most people are jumping to a guilty conclusion, why in the hell did it take the prosecutor 4 months to decide to press charges?
Something really just doesn't quite seem right, I'm all in for if they raped her then rot. And I have no problem with cutting them loose from the program and the school for being in that situation...but I'll wait to see what happens in court.
I'm hoping that they don't take a plea, if they really think they are innocent. But that will barely make the news, which is right. Because if they were not MSU football players they would be like the other 100 cases heard every month in Ingham county - for drugs, drunk driving, homicide, CSC, etc that we never hear about.

The existence of a video doesn't necessarily prove or disprove anything - we simply do not know the content of the video; but the video potentially can bolster or mitigate some of the allegations. Remember, the prosecution has to be able to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt; it's better to be cautious, interview all of the witnesses, collecting other evidence, getting search warrants for the phones, etc. There's a lot more involved than simply taking a few statements and watching a video. On TV they wrap this shit up in an hour but not in real life, a lot depends on the evidence.

To respond to Green Way, I kind of agree with you but I see Corley and Vance more as incredibly intoxicated opportunists than violent rapists. Good people can commit horrendous crimes. As an attorney, I feel strongly about due process of law and being innocent until proven guilty (see Duke Lax). But I gotta admit that it looks bad for these kids. Tragic all around, so many lives ruined for what, nothing.

My guess is that at least two if not all of them will be imprisoned within the next year.
avatar
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Posts : 4502
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : ARIZONA

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-06, 23:23


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30267
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 96
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-06, 23:26

Was just about to post that LG. Just finished watching. Not a huge Mike V fan. Decidedly neutral. That is a must watch, however. Very fair and on point.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14567
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-06, 23:30

Follow up, debate between Wojo and Valenti. Listening now so no comment.

http://nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d1/dF/d3/dF/dY/1F3FY_3.MP3?show=The%20Valenti%20Show&category=Sports%20%26%20Recreation&callsign=WXYTFM&market=Detroit&awCollectionId=891&awEpisodeId=787357&listeningSessionID=591f4677749142a3_1584182_nXlZaJlJ__0000000HRL6

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14567
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-06, 23:39

I didn't read Wojo's article but I didn't think anything he said there in that clip was unfair. Basic point = Culture has eroded due to signing higher ranked kids with questionable character and assuming the culture would take care of itself when instead the kids became the culture. Spot on, actually. Other factors involved for sure, but that was certainly part of it. A big part.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14567
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-06-07, 06:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I didn't read Wojo's article but I didn't think anything he said there in that clip was unfair. Basic point = Culture has eroded due to signing higher ranked kids with questionable character and assuming the culture would take care of itself when instead the kids became the culture. Spot on, actually. Other factors involved for sure, but that was certainly part of it. A big part.

Who? Robertson? Wasn't he the only one with a questionable character? And, come on, don't all schools do the same thing? There are tons of kids out there with questionable character who end up doing great in college. Look at Honey Badger - he dropped out of college and was a huge question mark going into the NFL and now he's doing great. You cannot predict anyone's behavior or how they'll respond. Even good kids can do heinous things.
avatar
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Posts : 4502
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : ARIZONA

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by NigelUno on 2017-06-07, 06:53

gHost Spartan wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

What I'm most interested in at this point is - If there is video evidence and as most people are jumping to a guilty conclusion, why in the hell did it take the prosecutor 4 months to decide to press charges?
Something really just doesn't quite seem right, I'm all in for if they raped her then rot. And I have no problem with cutting them loose from the program and the school for being in that situation...but I'll wait to see what happens in court.
I'm hoping that they don't take a plea, if they really think they are innocent. But that will barely make the news, which is right. Because if they were not MSU football players they would be like the other 100 cases heard every month in Ingham county - for drugs, drunk driving, homicide, CSC, etc that we never hear about.

The existence of a video doesn't necessarily prove or disprove anything - we simply do not know the content of the video; but the video potentially can bolster or mitigate some of the allegations. Remember, the prosecution has to be able to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt; it's better to be cautious, interview all of the witnesses, collecting other evidence, getting search warrants for the phones, etc. There's a lot more involved than simply taking a few statements and watching a video. On TV they wrap this shit up in an hour but not in real life, a lot depends on the evidence.

To respond to Green Way, I kind of agree with you but I see Corley and Vance more as incredibly intoxicated opportunists than violent rapists. Good people can commit horrendous crimes. As an attorney, I feel strongly about due process of law and being innocent until proven guilty (see Duke Lax). But I gotta admit that it looks bad for these kids. Tragic all around, so many lives ruined for what, nothing.

My guess is that at least two if not all of them will be imprisoned within the next year.

I didn't read or listen to all the links...is there video of all 3? Or just King?
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18056
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-07, 09:05

Matt Charboneau‏ @mattcharboneau 1m1 minute ago
More
Donnie Corley has been arraigned in 54B District Court this morning. Josh King should be here shortly for his arraignment

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30267
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 96
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-07, 10:06

Matt Charboneau‏ @mattcharboneau 5m5 minutes ago
More
King arraignment complete. Attorney said video on his phone will show the incident was consensual

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30267
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 96
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum