Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football rumors (Merged)

+50
Duke Silver
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Murphy Green
Bob Lee Swagger
CORNER BLITZ
Henry Steele
The_Dude
whipcatlicks
By-Tor
Townie
Rocinante
Loose Stools
goodbar
Herbie Green
Clarett's Folly
Banacek
Nordic
General Grant
CampbellHall
Izzo Court
xsanguine
Cameron
Jethro Bodeen
duffy munn
Death Roe
SawGreen
Vlad
tanfan!
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Stoops21
Floyd Robertson
AnomanderRake
pulling69
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
MattyFresh
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
CheesySpartan
Steve81
Watch Out Pylon!
CaptainSlow33
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
SeeRockCity
54 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 19 Empty Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-06-07, 11:49

MSU addict wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Exactly. I try to be in the "let's see how it plays out before jumping to conclusions" camp, but to me it says a lot that in the Court of Dantonio, they committed a terrible infraction. He knows what happened. It is likely he saw the texts, saw the video, and maybe even heard it straight from the players' mouths. I don't think he booted them because of the charges, but rather was waiting for the charges (their names being made public) so that he could do what he's wanted to do for nearly 5 months. When you look at Dantonio's history of letting things play out through the system, giving second chances, etc., I think it says volumes about their guilt in this that he booted them immediately upon their names becoming public.
I disagree. From what I know of the Jones Day report they said that Dantonio did not and should not have, conducted any sort of investigation once he became aware of an alleged crime.

Yes, Dantonio kicked them off the team. He had no choice but to do so. Can you imagine the hue and cry that would have occurred if he had not? Can you imagine the cloud hanging over the program if he did not?

He had no choice in the matter what so ever.
When I said the "Court of Dantonio", I was being metaphorical, not indicating that he actually investigated it. But he was alerted to it by another player. We also know a 4th player, who was not involved, was included on a group text with the 3 where they discussed the incident. There's probably a good chance that the 4th player told Dantonio. My point is that Dantonio knew enough about what happened to know that these guys did this shit, to at least an extent. I don't think he booted them just for PR sake. He absolutely had a choice to not kick them off the team at this point. He could have left them as suspended, while letting the legal process play itself out. That's usually his M.O. I have no doubt that he knows they did some awful shit, and that's why they're gone, regardless of the legal outcome.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-06-07, 11:51

MSU addict wrote:
Cameron wrote:Maybe that will be the case, but I can't imagine the police/prosecutor haven't seen the video, and I can't imagine they'd have brought charges if they thought it would sink their case. But police and prosecutors don't always act in good faith, so maybe.

And regardless, wasn't the creation of the video itself a crime?
I am of the opinion that if it was particularly damning it would not have taken four months to charge.

It seems to me more about trying the case in the court of public opinion (which I disdain).  Most everyone here jumped off the deep end when it they said they had "video evidence."

He was also charged with capturing an image of an unclothed person without consent.  Which again may be more about bringing multiple charges for a potential plea than anything else.

In the end, I believe these will unfortunately be "he said - she said" cases.

I don't know what you meant by unfortunate, but it is unfortunate because these cases are often so hard to prove and get convictions, which doesn't necessarily mean they proven innocent.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-07, 12:04

It appears that MD knew he wanted to get rid of these guys from jump street and was just waiting for the charges to be filed. Assuming he knows what happened, I'm completely fine with people jumping to conclusions, because he's proven to be nothing but an honorable dude.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-07, 12:06

What really sucks is that Blackwell, who was, by all accounts a great asset to recruiting went and fucked himself in the ass over this. disappointed as hell he didn't have more integrity.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-06-07, 12:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:
MSU addict wrote:I disagree. From what I know of the Jones Day report they said that Dantonio did not and should not have, conducted any sort of investigation once he became aware of an alleged crime.

Yes, Dantonio kicked them off the team. He had no choice but to do so. Can you imagine the hue and cry that would have occurred if he had not? Can you imagine the cloud hanging over the program if he did not?

He had no choice in the matter what so ever.
When I said the "Court of Dantonio", I was being metaphorical, not indicating that he actually investigated it. But he was alerted to it by another player. We also know a 4th player, who was not involved, was included on a group text with the 3 where they discussed the incident. There's probably a good chance that the 4th player told Dantonio. My point is that Dantonio knew enough about what happened to know that these guys did this shit, to at least an extent. I don't think he booted them just for PR sake. He absolutely had a choice to not kick them off the team at this point. He could have left them as suspended, while letting the legal process play itself out. That's usually his M.O. I have no doubt that he knows they did some awful shit, and that's why they're gone, regardless of the legal outcome.
Again I will disagree. Dantonio did what was right for the program, that is his job. Even if he feels they were innocent, his only real course of action is to kick them off the team.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-06-07, 12:38

Well this is a strange twist:

Auston Robertson reported claims against three MSU players, trustee says

Mitch Lyons, a Michigan State trustee from Rockford, said on The Huge Show on Tuesday on WBBL-FM in Grand Rapids that Robertson referenced the alleged assault during a January meeting with Dantonio.

Robertson was later kicked off the team after for a separate alleged sexual assault case.

"When Auston Robertson came into his office for a regularly weekly meeting, Coach D asked him the regular questions he typically asks him, and then he became a little emotional and didn't even go into details," Lyons said during an appearance on the show Tuesday afternoon. "He alluded to the fact that something happened, and Coach D had a sense that it involved some sort of sexual allegation, and he immediately said 'Don't say anything more.'"

That alleged incident eventually led to sexual assault charges against Donnie Corley, Josh King and Demetric Vance, filed this week by the Ingham County Prosecutor.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-06-07, 12:44

First off, why is the trustee talking about who talked? Second. WTF?!?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-07, 12:45

MSU addict wrote:Well this is a strange twist:

Mitch Lyons, a Michigan State trustee from Rockford, said on The Huge Show on Tuesday on WBBL-FM in Grand Rapids that Robertson referenced the alleged assault during a January meeting with Dantonio.

Robertson was later kicked off the team after for a separate alleged sexual assault case.

"When Auston Robertson came into his office for a regularly weekly meeting, Coach D asked him the regular questions he typically asks him, and then he became a little emotional and didn't even go into details," Lyons said during an appearance on the show Tuesday afternoon. "He alluded to the fact that something happened, and Coach D had a sense that it involved some sort of sexual allegation, and he immediately said 'Don't say anything more.'"

That alleged incident eventually led to sexual assault charges against Donnie Corley, Josh King and Demetric Vance, filed this week by the Ingham County Prosecutor.

The version of events offered by Lyons mirrors that detailed by the Jones Day report, an external law firm investigation commissioned by Michigan State to investigate whether Michigan State staff members complied with school policy in regards to the alleged incident.

That report, released this week, stated that an unnamed player became emotional during a January meeting with Dantonio, and said "I had to get her out of there. She is my friend."

Wow....and then he got into what he's accused of.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-07, 12:45

I kind of have a problem with Lyons breaking that news to the media, let alone on Huge's show.

Trustees should not be dealing with the media at all, IMHO.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-06-07, 12:45

What the fuck? He had enough sense to know that what other people did was completely wrong but none for himself.

Just crazy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-06-07, 13:02

steveschneider wrote:

What the fuck? He had enough sense to know that what other people did was completely wrong but none for himself.

Just crazy.

Yes, this. WTF man?

Can someone refresh me what happened with Robertson? Or do we not yet know the details?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-06-07, 13:25

Dendrobates wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Just crazy.

Yes, this. WTF man?

Can someone refresh me what happened with Robertson? Or do we not yet know the details?
I think he was the one who gave one of the other players girlfriends a ride home, along with his girlfriend, offered to take her to her apartment. Assaulted her, then drove his GF home. I think. Either way, he was arrested within a few days and kicked off the team. This is about a month or so after the other allegations were already out there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-06-07, 13:41

And how did Robertson know? I can't help but wonder if he was the 4th guy in this group text where the others discussed it. If so, that leads to some very awful questions. I mean, out of 4 guys in a certain text group, and they all are currently charged with sexual assault. Just a really random coincidence that they're all pieces of shit? Or was this particular group about some fucked up shit that they were all into?

Even if he wasn't the 4th guy in the group text, how did he know about this? Maybe he was at the party, but then others would know, too. Did the police report mentioning testimony from others at this party? I didn't think that it did, but I could be wrong. So if he wasn't part of the group text, did they come up to him and say, "Yo dude, we just had to tell someone, and we know that you like to force your power over girls, so we figured you'll be cool with this...."
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-06-07, 14:23

So three guys rape dude #1's friend
Dude #1 revenge rapes one of the three dude's girlfriends?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-06-07, 14:40

SeeRockCity wrote:So three guys rape dude #1's friend
Allegedly Reshke GF.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-07, 14:52

InTenSity wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:So three guys rape dude #1's friend
Allegedly Reshke GF.

I'm not sure that Reschke's GF wasn't a separate thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-06-07, 15:13

I had heard it was the gf of a fellow DL from Illinois/Chicago. That would narrow it down to King, Panasiuk and R. Williams. By the context of the information I did not believe it to be King when I first heard the info.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-06-07, 15:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I had heard it was the gf of a fellow DL from Illinois/Chicago. That would narrow it down to King, Panasiuk and R. Williams. By the context of the information I did not believe it to be King when I first heard the info.
Seeing how we like rumors around here, I have seen some speculation that Roberston was set up for dropping the dime on his teammates, and that would play well with your rumor.

One some level it makes perfect sense as Roberston was on this ice based on his previous conduct and would almost be presumed guilty.

This shits crazier than a James Comey hearing.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-06-07, 15:28

MSU addict wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I had heard it was the gf of a fellow DL from Illinois/Chicago. That would narrow it down to King, Panasiuk and R. Williams. By the context of the information I did not believe it to be King when I first heard the info.
Seeing how we like rumors around here, I have seen some speculation that Roberston was set up for dropping the dime on his teammates, and that would play well with your rumor.

One some level it makes perfect sense as Roberston was on this ice based on his previous conduct and would almost be presumed guilty.
If he was setup, I can't even begin to imagine. Lets play the what if game. Lets say this was all a setup, and in 6 months from now it turns out that Robertson is innocent of everything and had been going through his probation and turning his life around. Do you allow him back on the team, especially if he never touched anyone?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-07, 15:28

MSU addict wrote:

Harns is being rightfully taken to task for floating the speculation on Twitter.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-06-07, 15:34

InTenSity wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Seeing how we like rumors around here, I have seen some speculation that Roberston was set up for dropping the dime on his teammates, and that would play well with your rumor.

If he was setup, I can't even begin to imagine. Lets play the what if game. Lets say this was all a setup, and in 6 months from now it turns out that Robertson is innocent of everything and had been going through his probation and turning his life around. Do you allow him back on the team, especially if he never touched anyone?

In the unlikely event that he was set up, I can't see why not. If you get kicked off the team for something, and then later it is proven that you didn't actually do that something, reinstatement is the logical conclusion.

But it seems pretty far-fetched.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-06-07, 15:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Harns is being rightfully taken to task for floating the speculation on Twitter.
The setup thing sounds pretty absurd. First, it assumes that the girl that King/Corely/Vance raped didn't (or wouldn't) go to the cops. As if the only reason they were in hot water was because Robertson told Dantonio. Uhh, there was an actual victim here.

Then, they would need a girl to claim to be raped....in order to help three other rapists get back at Robertson. So basically they'd need to get a girl who is ok with supporting rapists...and willing to risk getting in trouble herself (criminally and/or civilly) in doing so.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-07, 15:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

The setup thing sounds pretty absurd.  First, it assumes that the girl that King/Corely/Vance raped didn't (or wouldn't) go to the cops.  As if the only reason they were in hot water was because Robertson told Dantonio.  Uhh, there was an actual victim here.

Then, they would need a girl to claim to be raped....in order to help three other rapists get back at Robertson.  So basically they'd need to get a girl who is ok with supporting rapists...and willing to risk getting in trouble herself (criminally and/or civilly) in doing so.

Yeah, when you think it through and put it like this, it's where the speculation should end.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-06-07, 16:12

I don't think the setup angle is legitimate but I can see why people are coming up with some far fetched conspiracies.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-06-07, 16:49

Mosallam steps into the frey to condemn Lyons. Good for him.

https://twitter.com/Bmosallam63/status/872527089337065473

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 19 DBvWwh9UMAI544i
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-06-07, 17:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Mosallam steps into the frey to condemn Lyons. Good for him.

Yeah, this has done nothing but create wild speculation and dragged more peoples names into this mess.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-06-07, 17:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't think the setup angle is legitimate but I can see why people are coming up with some far fetched conspiracies.
I agree that it is unlikely, but when you mentioned his accuser may be the girlfriend of a DL from Chicago (and possibly King's) to me that takes it out of the realm of the absurd.

Also if I am reading today's developments correctly Robertson told Dantonio 1/16 (a Monday).  I believe the police report was filed on 1/17.  If that is true - the police report was likely filed after the victim was contacted by police (based on Dantonio's report) inquiring if a crime had been committed.  Which also probably makes it less absurd.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-06-07, 17:44

It seems the girl that Robertson allegedly assaulted is/was R. Williams gf. That was my original suspicion based on what I heard but it was confirmed by someone on another board today.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-07, 17:55

Let's say all the shit is true about set up and revenge. Then they couldn't be kicked off campus fast enough. Get these soap opera fuckers out. Buh bye
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-07, 18:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Mosallam steps into the frey to condemn Lyons. Good for him.

Dang. 2 former players going at it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-07, 19:59

Mark Dantonio response to sex-assault scandal an example in post-Baylor era

By now, every time something this ugly occurs on a college campus everyone who cares about college athletics should be as mad as hell and unwilling to take it anymore. Nonetheless, when a big-time coach as respected as Dantonio backs up his words of outrage with strong action, it resonates.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2017-06-08, 00:49

NigelUno wrote:

Dang.  2 former players going at it.

What else has Lyons said/done? I've never heard of anything. Football rumors (Merged) - Page 19 2599972566
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-08, 01:42

Jethro Bodeen wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Dang.  2 former players going at it.

What else has Lyons said/done? I've never heard of anything. Football rumors (Merged) - Page 19 2599972566

I'm curious about that one, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-08, 07:23

Maybe this...

Michigan State trustee apologizes for controversial tweet on travel ban
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-06-08, 08:19

Mossallem?

I met that dude a couple years ago.
 Never would have guessed he was a trustee.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-06-08, 08:45

Herbie Green wrote:Mossallem?

I knew him when he was a student. Word never have thought in a million years he be on BOT some day.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-06-08, 09:00

duffy munn wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Mossallem?

I knew him when he was a student. Word never have thought in a million years he be on BOT some day.

Isn't he like 175 pounds now? I remember I found that remarkable for a former offensive lineman. I would have guessed he was an insurance salesman or something
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-08, 09:06

Mosallam from Dearborn took exception to Lyon's comments now twice.

Lyons hasn't figured out there are things you know because you are an MSU Trustee and can't say because se certain things are to be kept confidential/need to know.

Bill Simonson aka Huge is a jock sniffer. First he brought Lyons on his show as an "MSU insider". The he got Lyons to advertise his financial services company on WBBL and The Huge Show.

Lyons got loose lips with his buddy.

Good news is if Lyons wants to continue on the BOT he needs to win re-election in Nov 2018. I won't be voting for him like I did in 2010.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-06-08, 09:11

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Isn't he like 175 pounds now? I remember I found that remarkable for a former offensive lineman. I would have guessed he was an insurance salesman or something

Yeah he's much slimmer now. He actually is a Financial Advisor for AXA in his day job so you weren't far off.

RE: Lyons, I really wish they would take the BoT/BoR/etc for Universities off of the party ticket. That's how these fools get elected. That and name recognition, which is why we have GP and probably to an extent JF, though I think he probably got a lot of votes on the straight Dem ticket. Different topic I guess. Bottom line is the BoT has a few chairs that could use an upgrade.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2017-06-08, 09:11

GRR Spartan wrote:Mosallam from Dearborn took exception to Lyon's comments now twice.

Lyons hasn't figured out there are things you know because you are an MSU Trustee and can't say because se certain things are to be kept confidential/need to know.

Bill Simonson aka Huge is a jock sniffer. First he brought Lyons on his show as an "MSU insider". The he got Lyons to advertise his financial services company on WBBL and The Huge Show.

Lyons got loose lips with his buddy.

Good news is if Lyons wants to continue on the BOT he needs to win re-election in Nov 2018. I won't be voting for him like I did in 2010.

I agree he messed-up by revealing that info. Not good
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next