Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-06-14, 11:18

Great, here comes the death penalty.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Nordic on 2017-06-14, 11:24

Sounds like some didn't like Blackwell very much.

Interesting that he was still running (or owning/profiting) the SMSB camps. I wondered if he was still allowed to do so. Seems like the NCAA would said 'no' to that.

This may not go well for recruiting in Detroit. Coaches showing up at SMSB camps might get awkward.
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-14, 11:26

I thought SMSB was no more with the new camp rules?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2017-06-14, 13:21

Nordic wrote:Sounds like some didn't like Blackwell very much.

Interesting that he was still running (or owning/profiting) the SMSB camps. I wondered if he was still allowed to do so. Seems like the NCAA would said 'no' to that.

This may not go well for recruiting in Detroit. Coaches showing up at SMSB camps might get awkward.
I'm not sure if that's a bad thing.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-14, 13:27

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:Sounds like some didn't like Blackwell very much.

I'm not sure if that's a bad thing.

Agreed.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-06-14, 14:41

I'll say it again, over here. Fuck Detroit. Don't need it. If these coaches are upset at the way MSU handled this stuff, then screw them and hope the kids they mentor get better guidance. don't need Detroit, never have.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-06-14, 16:02

If PSL coaches are pissed off because CMD didn't cover Corley or Vance collective asses on a sexual assault charge what's the bar?
Manslaughter? Murder?

It looks more like there are some PSL coaches looking for a reason to shift towards aa for any number of reason$.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-14, 16:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:Great, here comes the death penalty.

Gulp.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-06-14, 16:35

A character like Blackwell is damned near a gift wrapped package to the NCAA if the NCAA wanted to limit their scope of investigation to Blackwell's time at MSU.

The NCAA can't do anything about Blackwell running his camps.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-15, 07:47

So the special family atmosphere was actually some shady guy from Detroit.
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-06-15, 07:56

DWags wrote:I'll say it again, over here. Fuck Detroit. Don't need it. If these coaches are upset at the way MSU handled this stuff, then screw them and hope the kids they mentor get better guidance. don't need Detroit, never have.

I think some people were upset, and I think that was reflected in Joel Ferguson's statement (innocent until proven guilty).

Dantonio is loyal (some people would say to a fault). For him to do what he did speaks volumes. There is plenty of talent to fill a roster to worry about anyone that is upset with how he handled this situation.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-15, 08:29

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:I'll say it again, over here.  Fuck Detroit.  Don't need it.  If these coaches are upset at the way MSU handled this stuff, then screw them and hope the kids they mentor get better guidance.  don't need Detroit, never have.  

I think some people were upset, and I think that was reflected in Joel Ferguson's statement (innocent until proven guilty).  

Dantonio is loyal (some people would say to a fault).  For him to do what he did speaks volumes.  There is plenty of talent to fill a roster to worry about anyone that is upset with how he handled this situation.

Are you trying to take an ethical high ground on this because Dantonio fired a guy that was interfering with a rape investigation?
It doesnt sound like this was the first time Blackwell's ethics came under question.
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-06-15, 08:52

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Dantonio is loyal (some people would say to a fault).  For him to do what he did speaks volumes.  There is plenty of talent to fill a roster to worry about anyone that is upset with how he handled this situation.

Are you trying to take an ethical high ground on this because Dantonio fired a guy that was interfering with a rape investigation?
It doesnt sound like this was the first time Blackwell's ethics came under question.

Do you sometimes just argue to argue?

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-06-15, 09:27

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I thought what I said was pretty clear. Is there a reason you need it explained to you?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-15, 10:28

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Do you sometimes just argue to argue?  

Sometimes
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-15, 10:32

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I thought what I said was pretty clear.  Is there a reason you need it explained to you?  

Because I either have no idea what you are talking about and/or you are not making sense.  What people were upset?  About Blackwell losing his job?  Is that what he did that speaks volumes? Firing him?
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-06-15, 10:34

Rolling Eyes
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-15, 10:50

NigelUno wrote:Rolling Eyes

Great discussion
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-15, 11:20

Nigel doesn't like it when people pepper him with questions. He can dish it, but he can't take it well.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-06-15, 13:24

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Rolling Eyes

Great discussion

+1
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger on 2017-06-15, 19:59

So what's the rumor we're supposed to be worried about.

- Christopher Hitchens
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-06-16, 01:19

Rodeo Burger wrote:So what's the rumor we're supposed to be worried about.

Hmmm, is there something new we're supposed to know about? Because I'm just about at the end of my rope with all the shit that's happened in the past year, and certain I'm not alone.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum