Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

+18
Death Roe
xsanguine
steveschneider
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
InTenSity
AnomanderRake
Cameron
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
Robert J Sakimano
22 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 4 Empty Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by AnomanderRake Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:34 pm

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:Republicans control everything. Somehow not passing this is dems fault? People are idiots.

Huh?

What's the point in passing a piece of shit just to pass apiece of shit? What's the point of passing something with only R or D support like Obamacare was?

Isn't the point to actually pass a good bill with input from both sides?

Are you living in some sort of fantasy land where Republicans and Democrats work together to benefit the American people? Have you been living under a rock? The only time they ever agree on anything is when it's mutually beneficial to their corporate overlords in fucking us all over.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 4 Empty Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:41 pm

The_Dude wrote:So don't even try because Dems are petty? It might come to that but not in Trumps third month.

When you pass hyper partisan bills you pave the way for it to be undone when the other party inevitably regains control.

Wait. The Dems are petty?

So...Trump and Ryan are reaching out to the Democrats today after blaming them for not voting for a bill that never came up for a vote?

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 4 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:08 pm

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Huh?

What's the point in passing a piece of shit just to pass apiece of shit? What's the point of passing something with only R or D support like Obamacare was?

Isn't the point to actually pass a good bill with input from both sides?

I don't know.  Let's ask this guy...

The_Dude wrote:Congress trying to come up with a bi partisan healthcare bill.....The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 4 502811600

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 4 502811600

He just sets himself.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Why Democrats Have a Shot in a Georgia District Dominated by Republicans

In a special election, anything can happen.

“Anything” may already be happening in the special election in Georgia’s Sixth Congressional District, heralded as a key test of whether Democrats can capitalize on President Trump’s unpopularity.

Tom Price left the House seat to become Mr. Trump’s secretary of Health and Human Services, and we won’t know who will replace him until April 18 at the earliest. The district hasn’t voted for a Democrat in decades, but that could soon change.

Jon Ossoff, a Democrat, has fared well in recent polls and has raised an astonishing $3 million in only a few months. Mr. Trump struggled to victory in this district, a well-educated suburban area north of Atlanta. He won by just 1.5 percentage points, down from Mitt Romney’s 23-point win in 2012.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:12 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Why Democrats Have a Shot in a Georgia District Dominated by Republicans

In a special election, anything can happen.

“Anything” may already be happening in the special election in Georgia’s Sixth Congressional District, heralded as a key test of whether Democrats can capitalize on President Trump’s unpopularity.

Tom Price left the House seat to become Mr. Trump’s secretary of Health and Human Services, and we won’t know who will replace him until April 18 at the earliest. The district hasn’t voted for a Democrat in decades, but that could soon change.

Jon Ossoff, a Democrat, has fared well in recent polls and has raised an astonishing $3 million in only a few months. Mr. Trump struggled to victory in this district, a well-educated suburban area north of Atlanta. He won by just 1.5 percentage points, down from Mitt Romney’s 23-point win in 2012.

LooseGoose wrote:
I don't even know who is running but I'll say the R by 10+ points.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:45 pm

This could sting him a bit....

Alicia Smith‏ @Alicia_Smith19 1h1 hour ago
More
Ossoff Admits He Misrepresented National Security Credentials http://freebeacon.com/politics/ossoff-admits-he-misrepresented-national-security-credentials/ …
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Alternative credentials.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Someday I want to compare twitter feeds with goose. I think it would be an illuminating experience.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Someday I want to compare twitter feeds with goose. I think it would be an illuminating experience.

I wonder if he got this one...

CBS Evening News ✔ @CBSEveningNews
Intel chairman says Russia hired more than 1000 hackers to create fake, anti-Clinton news in key states, won by Trump.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Someday I want to compare twitter feeds with goose. I think it would be an illuminating experience.

You'd need to prepare your system for massive doses of unvarnished truth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:51 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

You'd need to prepare your system for massive doses of unvarnished truth.

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 4 1f610
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Intel chairman says Russia hired more than 1000 hackers to create fake, anti-Clinton news in key states, won by Trump.

These key states are also known as...red states.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:12 pm

How many people do you think get swayed by buzzfeed ads calling Hilary Satan?

Tons of fake news about Trump also. Well, that's President Trump to is all. :D
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:13 pm

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:34 pm

The_Dude wrote:How many people do you think get swayed by buzzfeed ads calling Hilary Satan?

Tons of fake news about Trump also. Well, that's President Trump to is all. :D

Honestly, kind of a lot. You gotta step back and remember that the people on that post on this board really are probably in like the top 10% of political awareness in the country just based on our education and interest. I know that sound stupid, and there are some easy jokes there, but it's true. Most of the country is voting on blind impulse that they often can't explain. You hammer into them that candidate A is awful and wants to murder puppies long enough then maybe they don't really think they are a puppy murderer, but they do think they are bad and won't vote for them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:34 am

NigelUno wrote:

Stay on topic please.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:50 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Stay on topic please.

Do we have a fainting emoji?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:35 pm

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/03/30/trump-wont-endorse-yet-in-georgia-special-election-but-a-top-ally-will/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:06 pm

GOP scrambles to head off special election disaster

So far, early voting estimates suggest Democratic turnout is outpacing Republican participation.

“The anxiety level is increasing, and it’s creeping higher every day,” said Todd Rehm, a Republican consultant in the state who’s not affiliated with any of the nearly dozen GOP candidates in the primary. “This race could be a perfect storm of higher than average Democratic turnout and below average Republican turnout. The early vote totals are chilling.”

Another national Republican strategist said there are “big fears” about Ossoff’s prospects of capturing the seat, which Price first won in 2004.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:52 am

Ossoff is making this easy now. Acknowledges he doesn't live in the district right now.

That's entirely legal but doesn't play well with the voters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:54 am

LooseGoose wrote:Ossoff is making this easy now. Acknowledges he doesn't live in the district right now.

That's entirely legal but doesn't play well with the voters.

He acknowledged that a long time ago. Try to keep up.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:19 am

Maybe the canary will be Kansas 4?

Pence joins effort to save 'safe' GOP seat from the Democrats

Vice President Mike Pence is recording a robocall for the Republican nominee in Tuesday's special House election in Kansas, a clear sign of concern that the Democrats could flip this solid GOP seat.

Sources told the Washington Examiner on Friday that Pence would record a call urging Republicans in Kansas' Wichita-area 4th district to get out and vote for state Treasurer Ron Estes, who is locked in a tight battle with Democrat James Thompson.

The White House political office, led by political director Bill Stepien, has joined what has become a party-wide effort to save a seat that President Trump won by nearly 30 points in November. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

"Ron's run a horrible campaign. Hasn't raised much money, his ads are abysmal — no energy," a Kansas Republican operative said, on condition of anonymity in order to speak candidly. "It's a low turnout special and weird things happen."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:20 pm

you guys excited??

tomorrow is the day where Georgia.. a deep blue state if there is one.. might elect a Republican, thereby issuing a resounding blow to Democrats across the country as one of the most liberal states in America lines up behind Trump.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:23 am

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 4 1542793333
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:32 am

NigelUno wrote:The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 4 1542793333
remember.. in a GOP-led effort to decrease lines at the precincts and encourage a huge voter turnout, all white people vote today.. everyone else votes tomorrow.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 4 1542793333
remember.. in a GOP-led effort to decrease lines at the precincts and encourage a huge voter turnout, all white people vote today.. everyone else votes tomorrow.

Sick of all these yards signs. I might round up a few and throw them in the trash tomorrow.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 am

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: remember.. in a GOP-led effort to decrease lines at the precincts and encourage a huge voter turnout, all white people vote today.. everyone else votes tomorrow.

Sick of all these yards signs.  I might round up a few and throw them in the trash tomorrow.  
if a republican can somehow shock the world and squeeze out a victory in Georgia, it will be worth it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:49 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Sick of all these yards signs.  I might round up a few and throw them in the trash tomorrow.  
if a republican can somehow shock the world and squeeze out a victory in Georgia, it will be worth it.

No R will win by 10+ today.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:51 am

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I don't even know anything about it other than what I've read in this thread.

I just know that republicans will undoubtedly rejoice in the show of support of the sexual predator's agenda when they win a seat in a deep blue state like Georgia.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:39 am

This isn't a test at all. Special election lol.

No one cares. Dems sure are squirming and grasping at straws though.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:49 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I don't even know anything about it other than what I've read in this thread.

I just know that republicans will undoubtedly rejoice in the show of support of the sexual predator's agenda when they win a seat in a deep blue state like Georgia.

It means nothing to me. could care less till 2018. I do know this, th emore the pubs keep saying "paid protesters" at these town halls, the more it reminds me of seeing 4 to 1 lawn signs last fall driving through Michigan and Wisconsin for Trump vs. Hills. Keep thinkng that they're "Paid protesters". This shit is real.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:53 am

America is turning into a fucking European Country.

Four voting machines stolen from Georgia. Don't know what it means but whatever. Shit's weid
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:11 am

the racist, bigoted sexual predator is playing with his Tweeter again..

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Republicans must get out today and VOTE in Georgia 6. Force runoff and easy win! Dem Ossoff will raise your taxes-very bad on crime & 2nd A.

a) I'm surprised that his supporters can read.
b) "raise your taxes" only applies to those who actually pay taxes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 am

In '02 Max Cleland, a Viet Nam vet who earned a Silver Star and Bronze star and Purple Heart while in combat was defeated by GOP nominee Saxby Chambliss who had student deferrments and the a medical deferrment for a football injury.  

The GOP/Chambliss campaign labeled Cleland as not protecting the Constitution running an ad featuring bin Laden and Saddam Hussein that was pulled after US Senator McCain joined protesting it.

The irony is the Koch Brothers and other outside groups spending millions to complain about outsiders helping the Democrat.  Given 21st century history this is minor league compared to the shot the GOP leveled with Cleland.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:23 am

GRR Spartan wrote:In '02 Max Cleland, a Viet Nam vet who earned a Silver Star and Bronze star and Purple Heart while in combat was defeated by GOP nominee Saxby Chambliss who had student deferrments and the a medical deferrment for a football injury.

The GOP/Chambliss campaign labeled Cleland as not protecting the Constitution running an ad featuring bin Laden and Saddam Hussein that was pulled after US Senator McCain joined protesting it.

The irony is the Koch Brothers and other outside groups spending millions to complain about outsiders helping the Democrat. Given 21st century history this is minor league compared to the shot the GOP presidential lled with Cleland.

My unscientific poll says there were just as many (if not more) anti-Ossoff ads. And there will be a lot more leading up to the runoff.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 am

GRR Spartan wrote:In '02 Max Cleland, a Viet Nam vet who earned a Silver Star and Bronze star and Purple Heart while in combat was defeated by GOP nominee Saxby Chambliss who had student deferrments and the a medical deferrment for a football injury.

The irony is the Koch Brothers and other outside groups spending millions to complain about outsiders helping the Democrat. Given 21st century history this is minor league compared to the shot the GOP presidential lled with Cleland.
yeah - republicans aren't big fans of veterans.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:19 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

yeah - republicans aren't big fans of veterans.

Most veterans and current military I know or have met are all Republicans.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 am

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah - republicans aren't big fans of veterans.

I think you missed their point.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:24 am

InTenSity wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I think you missed their point.
shocking turn of events, right. The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 am

The_Dude wrote:This isn't a test at all. Special election lol.

No one cares. Dems sure are squirming and grasping at straws though.
Yeah, you cucks!

This thread was started by a Dem... right?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next