The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by DWags on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 10:47

NigelUno wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Dems will lose this race.

Democrats will never be able to outspend republicans.  If that's the game they're going to play, they will lose and the money always wins.  The republican party has gone all wonky alt-right, libertarianesque, might-makes-right.  The rich love this.  It's the natural extension of corportions are people and money is speech (Citizen's United).  I see it in my state everywhere.  If the center right doesn't forcefully take back the party, it will continue to be what it is now which is a core of ultra-rich who use their money to fool people into thinking they actually represent their interests, but more importantly, set up straw men like individual liberty, terrorism, and immigration to keep the average joe voting R.  The Democrats are essentially republicans of the 1980s with a few more liberal social policies.  What do they have to really differentiate themselves?  That's why they hammer on race and gender rights.  It's all they have.  They are scared of the Sanders populist message even though it's the only thing that can save them.

Democrats are losers and they still haven't figured it out.

Ummmm...Democrats will (most likely) lose the runoff because it's a Republican district. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I think they missed thier best chance last night. However, I really believe this is not a one time thing or something that will lose momentum. I didn't trust the polls last fall because of what I saw with my own eyes. I laugh at the fools who are saying these twon halls are being paid for by the democratic party. Something is happening.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 10:57

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Ummmm...Democrats will (most likely) lose the runoff because it's a Republican district. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I think they missed thier best chance last night. However, I really believe this is not a one time thing or something that will lose momentum. I didn't trust the polls last fall because of what I saw with my own eyes. I laugh at the fools who are saying these twon halls are being paid for by the democratic party. Something is happening.

The only way a Democrat would win this district would be with low turnout. Maybe in June everyone will be at the beach.

But, in general, I think voter turnout will increase in 2018 (and 2020)...which is a good thing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 11:13

This will be another Golly Gee we made it close in June. The 4 other Democrats on the ballot got about 1% . Extrapolating into June if every Democratic voter votes again and same for Republican shows up the GOP wins in June 52-48%

GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 11:30

Good to see $10 million spent there supporting a carpetbagger that couldn't win. Now that $$ can't be used in winnable races.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 11:34

LooseGoose wrote:Good to see $10 million spent there supporting a carpetbagger that couldn't win.    Now that $$ can't be used in winnable races.
that a Democrat couldn't win a seat in Georgia speaks volumes and is an unequivocal referendum on the popularity of the sexual predator that is sweeping the nation..

#MAGA #BuildTheWall #LoveJesus
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 11:50

LooseGoose wrote:Good to see $10 million spent there supporting a carpetbagger that couldn't win. Now that $$ can't be used in winnable races.

How much was spent on anti-Ossoff ads?

Couldn't that money have been used elsewhere?

You've jumped all over on this. You said the R would win by 10, then you tried to float the idea Ossoff could win. Maybe you should tell both parties how to better spend their money.

How much do you think Republicans will spend on anti-Ossoff ads leading into the June runoff? More than the $4 million they already spent?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:02

Funny to hear complaints about carpetbaggers while the GOP dumped millions in out of state money miles into the race too.

GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:04

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Good to see $10 million spent there supporting a carpetbagger that couldn't win. Now that $$ can't be used in winnable races.

You've jumped all over on this. You said the R would win by 10, then you tried to float the idea Ossoff could win. Maybe you should tell both parties how to better spend their money.

How much do you think Republicans will spend on anti-Ossoff ads leading into the June runoff? More than the $4 million they already spent?

The R still will win by 10 you nimrod try to keep things straight in your addled brain. I've never changed my original prediction. I'm allowed to discuss other possibilities. Most people understand that, it seems to be beyond your comprehension.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:05

The repudiation of Trump is beginning.

I'm seeing experts say that if Ossoff can get the same turnout the second time he will win.

Osoff overperformed and I'm seeing polls that Ted Cruz would lose his seat if the election were today.

Makes sense, the approval rating of congress and Trump are both in the dumps and the enthusiasm on the left is real.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:08

Price won in 2016 (roughly) 62-38%.

Those %'s seem to have changed a little.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:09

Ossoff doesn't have a prayer now. Don't delude yourself. His one and only shot was last night. He's a carpetbagger with no real world experience. Google Ned Lamont sometime, the past great hope of the Dems.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:10

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

And the democrats can't see it. The establishment will fracture the movement because they fear losing control more than they want popular support.

The Democrats are lost.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:10

steveschneider wrote:The repudiation of Trump is beginning.

I'm seeing experts say that if Ossoff can get the same turnout the second time he will win.

Osoff overperformed and I'm seeing polls that Ted Cruz would lose his seat if the election were today.

Makes sense, the approval rating of congress and Trump are both in the dumps and the enthusiasm on the left is real.

The same turnout won't help. Ossoff can only win with more Democratic voters and/or less Republican voters.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:11

NigelUno wrote:Price won in 2016 (roughly) 62-38%.

Duh. An incumbent running against an opponent with no $$ and little to no support from the National party in a Presidential year.
And you're going to compare that against an overfunded candidate with the National party and nationwide activists focused on this one seat in a special election. No shit the #'s would change. One thing didn't. The Dems are still the losers.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:12

LooseGoose wrote:Ossoff doesn't have a prayer now. Don't delude yourself. His one and only shot was last night. He's a carpetbagger with no real world experience. Google Ned Lamont sometime, the past great hope of the Dems.

Ummm...aren't you the guy that was floating the idea he could win?

Were you deluding yourself?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:19

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Ossoff doesn't have a prayer now.  Don't delude yourself.  His one and only shot was last night.  He's a carpetbagger with no real world experience.  Google Ned Lamont sometime, the past great hope of the Dems.

Ummm...aren't you the guy that was floating the idea he could win?

Were you deluding yourself?  

the title of the thread and the entire theme was that this is a "test".. to see if a progressive state like Georgia could put a dent in the armor of the sexual predator.

which.. is why I've been mocking the whole idea since the inception of the thread. I'm glad the day I've been waiting on is finally here

next up, the white supremacists will gather today to discuss the future of their organization.. it's a real chance for Democrats to put a dent into the armor of the sexual predator.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:19; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:19

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Price won in 2016 (roughly) 62-38%.

Duh. An incumbent running against an opponent with no $$ and little to no support from the National party in a Presidential year.
And you're going to compare that against an overfunded candidate with the National party and nationwide activists focused on this one seat in a special election. No shit the #'s would change. One thing didn't. The Dems are still the losers.

Aren't you the guy that started this thread? And now you're going to talk about other people who were focused on this election?

You don't think the Republicans poured a ton of money into this campaign? And will continue to do that? You floated the idea Ossoff would win...now you've come to the conclusion he never had a chance?

Seriously. You're cracking me up.

If Ossoff had won yesterday, you'd be gloating about how you were "right".

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:23

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Aren't you the guy that started this thread? And now you're going to talk about other people who were focused on this election?

You don't think the Republicans poured a ton of money into this campaign? And will continue to do that? You floated the idea Ossoff would win...now you've come to the conclusion he never had a chance?

Nah, my prediction was the unknown R by 10. I guess using your logic that would make me right if the unknown D won.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:24

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Nah, my prediction was the unknown R by 10. I guess using your logic that would make me right if the unknown D won.

hey Goosechev.. can you provide us with some insight on the progressive movement in Alabama and how capturing a congressional seat might be a referendum on the sexual predator?

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:53

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:The repudiation of Trump is beginning.

The same turnout won't help. Ossoff can only win with more Democratic voters and/or less Republican voters.

Next runoff will be close

92,390 votes for Ossoff

92,590 votes for the 4 GOP candidates combined.

If all the dumb ass Bernie Bros that wasted their vote on other candidates fall in line his total will go up.

Lets be real Ossoff demolished the field yesterday.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:54

LooseGoose wrote:Ossoff doesn't have a prayer now. Don't delude yourself. His one and only shot was last night. He's a carpetbagger with no real world experience. Google Ned Lamont sometime, the past great hope of the Dems.

Yep, hes toast.

Dems did everything in their power to buy a seat with outside money and a carpetbagger and failed, again.

I like it was framed as a referendum on Trump by the desperate democrats....uhh Trump is still in his first 100 days as potus, and literally just won the big referendum called a national election a few months ago.

The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:03

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The same turnout won't help.  Ossoff can only win with more Democratic voters and/or less Republican voters.  

92,390 votes for Ossoff

If all the dumb ass Bernie Bros that wasted their vote on other candidates fall in line his total will go up.

the knuckle-draggin' republican will win by at last 8%.

and the deplorables will rejoice as rednecks are shocked to find out that a progressive state like Georgia backs a republican.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:05; edited 2 times in total
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:03

LooseGoose wrote:Ossoff doesn't have a prayer now.  Don't delude yourself.  His one and only shot was last night.  He's a carpetbagger with no real world experience.  Google Ned Lamont sometime, the past great hope of the Dems.

You were the only one who gave this guy a "chance". I'm sorry your gotcha thread was ruined.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

92,390 votes for Ossoff

and the deplorables will rejoice as rednecks are shocked to find out that a progressive state like Georgia backs a republican.

Agreed. The "out of touch, living in denial and another district Democrat" has no chance.
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:17

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Huh. Could have sworn you were the guy talking about how funny things happen in special elections...and bringing up demographics...

So, if Ossoff had won...you wouldn't be gloating about how you were "right" and the guy who lives in the district was wrong?

Sounds like you're deluding yourself again...

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:21

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

92,390 votes for Ossoff

There were more than 4 GOP candidates though. Ossoff's numbers might go up a little. Handel should gain all of the Republican votes. He may have demolished the field yesterday, but it didn't matter. The Republican candidates were parochial in nature (specific to different cities) and split the vote. Now, they'll all vote for Handel. The only way Ossoff wins is with incredibly low voter turnout. And contrary to the fake news/opinions of some on the board, the Republicans did (and will) pour money into this election.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:37

To all Democrats who pumped in millions of unprecedented money into a GA congressional race:

The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:40

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Agreed. The "out of touch, living in denial and another district Democrat" has no chance.
yep - a progressive Democrat doesn't win in Georgia.. the only person shocked is Goosechev.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:50

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The R still will win by 10 you nimrod try to keep things straight in your addled brain. I've never changed my original prediction. I'm allowed to discuss other possibilities. Most people understand that, it seems to be beyond your comprehension.

You never changed your original prediction that the R would win by 10 on April 18th?

Seems like you just did...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:57

LooseGoose wrote:I'd never want to contradict our oracle of the South......but...golly gee...

For the first time, Democratic hopes of picking off this seat, once occupied by Senator Johnny Isakson, and before that by Newt Gingrich, are beginning to look like something more than wishful thinking. With the first round of the “jungle primary” fast approaching on April 18, Democratic candidate (and former congressional staffer) Jon Ossoff is no longer just an incredibly well-funded neophyte likely to make a runoff against the survivor of an internecine battle between Republicans. He’s now clearly competitive in the runoff as well as the first round.

According to a new survey from Georgia-based Opinion Savvy, Ossoff has the support of 40 percent of likely first-round voters, with Republican front-runner Karen Handel at 20 percent; would-be Trump-clone Bob Gray and State Senator Judson Hill at 10 percent; and former state senator Dan Moody at 8 percent.

More importantly, Opinion Savvy had these numbers for voters screened for likely participation in a near-certain June runoff: Ossoff leading Handel 42/41; Ossoff leading Gray 44/42; and Ossoff tied with Hill at 44 percent.

Democrat Jon Ossoff Is Gaining Ground in Georgia Special Election to Replace Tom Price

Hmmm...Goose pimping Ossoff's chances...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 14:02

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I'd never want to contradict our oracle of the South......but...golly gee...

Democrat Jon Ossoff Is Gaining Ground in Georgia Special Election to Replace Tom Price

So Goose links a story saying that there is a near certain runoff coming, and just today he said that he has no chance in the runoff. I gotta ask, what was the point of this thread?
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 14:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So Goose links a story saying that there is a near certain runoff coming, and just today he said that he has no chance in the runoff. I gotta ask, what was the point of this thread?
so that Goosechev could spend a month or so lowering expectations of a republican winning in (gasp) Georgia.. and then when the republican wins in (gasp) Georgia he can act as though it's a nationwide movement in support of the sexual predator.

and also it's been fun to mock.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 14:24

The_Dude wrote:To all Democrats who pumped in millions of unprecedented money into a GA congressional race:

Maybe Handel (R) would have won if Moody (R) didn't run attack ads against her and spend $2 million. I wonder if he gets a refund?

Maybe Ossoff can use those ads...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 14:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

so that Goosechev could spend a month or so lowering expectations of a republican winning in (gasp) Georgia.. and then when the republican wins in (gasp) Georgia he can act as though it's a nationwide movement in support of the sexual predator.

Sorry for your heartbreak. I know how Dems love their carpetbaggers. Hills, RFK, Ossoff....oops he lost.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 14:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Sorry for your heartbreak. I know how Dems love their carpetbaggers. Hills, RFK, Ossoff....oops he lost.

Ossoff lost? So...who won?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 14:34

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Sorry for your heartbreak.  I know how Dems love their carpetbaggers.  Hills, RFK, Ossoff....oops he lost.

What in the fuck are you talking about? No one here loves this Ossoff guy. Everyone here has been saying he has no chance except for you. Repeatedly. For weeks. How delusional are you?

Also, did you mention Bobby Kennedy? Seriously, what the flying fuck man? You make no sense.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 15:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Sorry for your heartbreak.  I know how Dems love their carpetbaggers.  Hills, RFK, Ossoff....oops he lost.

What in the fuck are you talking about? No one here loves this Ossoff guy. Everyone here has been saying he has no chance except for you. Repeatedly. For weeks. How delusional are you?

Also, did you mention Bobby Kennedy? Seriously, what the flying fuck man? You make no sense.

Yes, I did. Sorry for your shallow knowledge of history.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 19:58

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

So you're not going to explain yourself? I don't know why I even asked. You constantly make shit up. And when you get called out on it you make silly non sequetor comments.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 20:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So you're not going to explain yourself? I don't know why I even asked. You constantly make shit up. And when you get called out on it you make silly non sequetor comments.

Bobby Kennedy lived in New York for over two decades. His family maintained houses there and their businesses were based there. His family is perceived to be a Massachusetts family. So, he was accused of being a carpetbagger. Ironically John was accused of the same thing when he ran in Massachusetts. It's used by angry people who see kennedy's as democratic powerhouses. They were wrong then and they're pathetic now.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 20:33

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Bobby Kennedy lived in New York for over two decades. His family maintained houses there and their businesses were based there. His family is perceived to be a Massachusetts family. So, he was accused of being a carpetbagger. Ironically John was accused of the same thing when he ran in Massachusetts. It's used by angry people who see kennedy's as democratic powerhouses. They were wrong then and they're pathetic now.

Links with Data? A breakdown of where he lived? Spout it, now back it.

Bullshit.

He hadn't lived in NY for over 30 years when he ran there. He didn't live there when he was nominated. He in 3rd grade and 10 years old when he left NY and didn't live there for a good portion of that 10 years. Go read wiki and you can learn that much. So there's your link.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum