Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by NigelUno on Wed 24 May - 20:46

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 24 May - 21:11

Stealing yard signs... lol that takes me back to when I worked for the Republican Party for 3 years.

Except on both sides. Dogs this shit happens a lot. I was paid by republicans to go to random districts I had never been to before to campaign for guys I've never heard of (I usually claimed I was a family friend.) sometimes dems stole our yard signs. One favorite day in Jackson I followed a democrat who wasn't knocking on doors, but just dropping lit in door handles. Took all of his lit and put in my own. Fucking idiot never noticed. Was working for a guy named Rick Baxter in 2004 or 2006 if you feel like verifying.... anyway, point is that politics is dirty as shit and don't let anyone claim their side is better about it.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 24 May - 21:19

In a way it's what makes the whole "oh those are just paid protesters from other districts" thing so hilarious to me from the GOP. I was literally paid to go to random districts to campaign by them. The GOP. Almost every swing district in the state at the time. It's so crazy to me that they complain about that now.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 24 May - 21:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Stealing yard signs... lol that takes me back to when I worked for the Republican Party for 3 years.

Except on both sides. Dogs this shit happens a lot. I was paid by republicans to go to random districts I had never been to before to campaign for guys I've never heard of (I usually claimed I was a family friend.) sometimes dems stole our yard signs. One favorite day in Jackson I followed a democrat who wasn't knocking on doors, but just dropping lit in door handles. Took all of his lit and put in my own. Fucking idiot never noticed. Was working for a guy named Rick Baxter in 2004 or 2006 if you feel like verifying.... anyway, point is that politics is dirty as shit and don't let anyone claim their side is better about it.

I have noticed signs popping up and disappearing. Mostly on (somewhat) public land.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 24 May - 21:49

NigelUno wrote:

I have noticed signs popping up and disappearing. Mostly on (somewhat) public land.

Yeah, that'll certainly happen.

As an aside, my job started in May in 04 and 06. Mind you, we (the house republican campaign committee who covered my paychecks) weren't campaigning against a democrat for the first three or so months, we were working against unfavored republican primary challengers. You know, that whole "the party fixes shit" story. Both sides do it. It's all bullshit.

I'm not sure why I chose this thread to point all of this stuff out, as it would often be applicable, other than to tell you that maybe I'll bring all of this stuff up again later.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Fri 2 Jun - 20:49

GA-06 special election still a dead heat with 18 days to go

Democrats have dumped a large fortune into winning this special election, and so far it does not appear to have had much impact. In most polling for the race, Ossoff fails to hit 50% despite his large advantage in resources. In an R+8 district it’s not a bad performance, but it’s also a district where Donald Trump only edged Hillary Clinton by a single point, 48-47. If Republicans are vulnerable here, Ossoff certainly isn’t closing the sale on a switch, at least thus far.

His bases of support in this poll may also be an issue. He does best with younger voters, leading Handel 59-37 among voters under 40, but those are also the voters who tend not to show up in elections. That may be especially true in special elections, which might mean that Ossoff’s election-day strength could be overestimated here. Still, Handel’s not progressing much either despite having mostly unified the GOP vote after beating ten other Republicans; Ossoff’s getting twice as many crossover votes as Handel in this survey, 14.2% of Republicans against 7.1% of Democrats going to Handel.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Fri 2 Jun - 22:36

LooseGoose wrote:GA-06 special election still a dead heat with 18 days to go

Democrats have dumped a large fortune into winning this special election, and so far it does not appear to have had much impact. In most polling for the race, Ossoff fails to hit 50% despite his large advantage in resources. In an R+8 district it’s not a bad performance, but it’s also a district where Donald Trump only edged Hillary Clinton by a single point, 48-47. If Republicans are vulnerable here, Ossoff certainly isn’t closing the sale on a switch, at least thus far.

His bases of support in this poll may also be an issue. He does best with younger voters, leading Handel 59-37 among voters under 40, but those are also the voters who tend not to show up in elections. That may be especially true in special elections, which might mean that Ossoff’s election-day strength could be overestimated here. Still, Handel’s not progressing much either despite having mostly unified the GOP vote after beating ten other Republicans; Ossoff’s getting twice as many crossover votes as Handel in this survey, 14.2% of Republicans against 7.1% of Democrats going to Handel.

Any reason you left out the fact that Handel didn't hit 50% either, and is behind Ossoff in that poll?

Or that Republicans have spent a large fortune as well?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Fri 2 Jun - 23:16

Don't go messin' with Goosechev's narrative that the Democrats are the only party relying on outside money.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Sat 3 Jun - 7:23

NigelUno wrote:

Any reason you left out the fact that Handel didn't hit 50% either, and is behind Ossoff in that poll?

Yes. It's called fair use.

Also it doesn't hurt to make lazy fucks click on a link to get the full story.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Sat 3 Jun - 10:56

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Given the "story" you linked and what I asked you, your response makes no sense.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Sat 3 Jun - 12:05

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Given the "story" you linked and what I asked you, your response makes no sense.

Welcome to 95.47% of your thoughts.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Sat 3 Jun - 15:12

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Welcome to 95.47% of your thoughts.

So, we agree your post made no sense.

Thanks.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Tue 6 Jun - 9:19

Byron York: In Georgia trench warfare, Dems want to 'stick it to Trump'

DUNWOODY, Ga. — The special election to replace Republican Tom Price in Georgia's Atlanta-area 6th Congressional District has become a contemporary politics version of World War I, with both sides dug into fixed positions, both pouring people and money into the effort — it will be by far the most expensive House race in history — and no one holding much hope the results will settle anything.

Insiders now estimate that by June 20, Election Day, the campaigns and groups supporting Republican Karen Handel and Democrat Jon Ossoff will have spent about $40 million here — nearly doubling the previous record for the most costly House race. All agree that much spending for a single House seat is crazy, but they've sunk so much into the race they'll be damned if they'll let the other guy take the prize now.

"It's sort of the political equivalent of a bidding war for a company that's gotten completely out of hand, in which the symbolic value of the acquisition has exceeded its underlying value — and I think now there's no way to turn it off," said Ralph Reed, the longtime conservative activist who lives near the district and whose group, Faith and Freedom Coalition, is one of those pouring money into the race. Of the three special elections to fill seats held by House Republicans who left to join the Trump administration, in Kansas, Montana and here, the GOP has already won two. Democrats anxious to show they can ride Trump's unpopularity to victory have one chance left. "Kansas is over, Montana is over," noted Reed. "This is it."

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Tue 6 Jun - 14:22

Once it was certain there would be a runoff after Ossoff failed to win over 50% the Democrats chances of winning went down exponentially.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 7 Jun - 10:57

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 7 Jun - 11:22

My favorite part of that debate was when Handel asked him who he was voting for in the special election. Silence.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 7 Jun - 11:29

LooseGoose wrote:My favorite part of that debate was when Handel asked him who he was voting for in the special election. Silence.

You watched it?

Who are you voting for?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Wed 7 Jun - 11:52

Goosechev is for any GOP candidate that further cements one party authoritarian rule that bans abortion.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Thu 8 Jun - 19:07

Byron York‏Verified account @ByronYork 10m10 minutes ago
More
RT @nate_cohn: Ossoff 50, Handel 47 http://wsbtv.com/news/local/new

(((Harry Enten)))‏Verified account @ForecasterEnten 13m13 minutes ago
More
Ossoff has now led in 9 of 12 runoff polls. Handel in just 2. His avg. lead has climbed from 0.5 to 2.5.

(((Harry Enten)))‏Verified account @ForecasterEnten 12m12 minutes ago
More
Replying to @ForecasterEnten
I'll also note his average percentage is getting near 50%. Much better shape than for the primary when was averaging low to mid 40s.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Fri 9 Jun - 10:23

AJC poll: Ossoff opens lead over Handel in Georgia’s 6th

An Atlanta Journal-Constitution poll released Friday shows Democrat Jon Ossoff has a 7-point edge over Republican Karen Handel in the nationally-watched race to represent Georgia’s 6th District.

The poll of likely voters has Ossoff leading Handel by a 51-44 margin ahead of the June 20 runoff. About 5 percent of voters are undecided. The margin of error is 4 percentage points.

Handel may be the Martha Coakley of Georgia.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Mon 12 Jun - 8:06

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Mon 12 Jun - 8:35

Handel’s relationship with Trump has changed over time. She often avoided discussing the president ahead of the first round of voting on April 18, but she’s since embraced him and Vice President Mike Pence, who fundraised for her in Cobb on Friday.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Mon 12 Jun - 8:41

Hi Nigel,

1) when the fuck are they going to have this election already? What takes so long? By the time they get to congress they're gonna have to turn around and start campaigning again.
2) I don't know a whole lot about that district but I get the impression that bikers for trump might be a bit counter productive to their goal.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Mon 12 Jun - 8:49

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hi Nigel,

1) when the fuck are they going to have this election already? What takes so long? By the time they get to congress they're gonna have to turn around and start campaigning again.
2) I don't know a whole lot about that district but I get the impression that bikers for trump might be a bit counter productive to their goal.

June 20th.

No one got 50% the first time, so they are having a run off with the lady who wears boat shoes and the guy who doesn't live in the district.

Bikers for Trump would fit in well in some areas of the state, not sure about this district (although there are a few bars where they would be popular).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Mon 12 Jun - 8:56

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hi Nigel,

June 20th.

No one got 50% the first time, so they are having a run off with the lady who wears boat shoes and the guy who doesn't live in the district.

Bikers for Trump would fit in well in some areas of the state, not sure about this district (although there are a few bars where they would be popular).

I know that about the run off, but why is the election like a decade after the first vote? Shouldn't a couple of weeks suffice?

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Mon 12 Jun - 9:08

NigelUno wrote:

June 20th.

I know that about the run off, but why is the election like a decade after the first vote? Shouldn't a couple of weeks suffice?

Bikers for Trump were busy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Mon 12 Jun - 11:02

Almost a Must-Win for Democrats in Georgia 6

STUART ROTHENBERGJUNE 12, 2017 · 9:30 AM EDT
Democratic strategists may hate the idea that they must win the June 20 special election in Georgia’s 6th District, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

Jon Ossoff’s defeat would not tell us what will happen seventeen months from now in the 2018 midterms any more than Republican Tim Burns’ defeat in a 2010 Pennsylvania special election presaged that year’s midterm outcome nationally. And it probably wouldn’t impact Democratic recruiting much or dry up fund raising for very long.

But a Democratic loss would have a significant impact on the political narrative of the summer and early fall, right up to November’s gubernatorial contests in New Jersey and Virginia. And another special election defeat, in an upscale district that did not embrace Donald Trump the way districts in Kansas and Montana did, would lead to another round of finger-pointing and self-flagellation by Democrats still consumed by their 2016 defeat.

Maybe most important, a win by Republican Karen Handel would deny Democrats and anti-Trump Independents something that they very much need: a sign of progress, an optimistic outcome that would energize the president’s opponents and prove to President Trump’s critics that he is a liability.

Right now, the stars seem to be aligning for Ossoff, so a Handel victory would be a punch in the gut for critics of the president.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Mon 12 Jun - 11:49

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on Mon 12 Jun - 11:54

NigelUno wrote:

?

???

??????????????????????????????????

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Fri 16 Jun - 14:24

On top of all the TV ads, radio ads, mail, targeted internet ads, and yard signs...I actually got a text yesterday asking me if I would be voting early.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Mon 19 Jun - 9:19

Hey nigel you guys gonna vote at some point or are you gonna cock around for awhile longer?

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Mon 19 Jun - 9:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey nigel you guys gonna vote at some point or are you gonna cock around for awhile longer?

One more day. Then the long nightmare will be over.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Mon 19 Jun - 9:48

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey nigel you guys gonna vote at some point or are you gonna cock around for awhile longer?

One more day. Then the long nightmare will be over.

It's about fuckin time nigel. #thefirsttest

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Mon 19 Jun - 9:50

Is the republican going to win? I'm betting the republican wins.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Mon 19 Jun - 9:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is the republican going to win? I'm betting the republican wins.

Local TV, radio, newspaper, yard sign, billboard, Google/Youtube/facebook and direct mail companies are the big winners.

The actual race appears to be close, if you believe in polls.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Mon 19 Jun - 10:51

Georgia Sixth: Ossoff, Handel condemn TV ad that ties Democrats to Scalise shooting

The ad, funded by a little-known group called the Principled PAC, opens with sounds of gunshots and footage of U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise being wheeled away on a stretcher after he and other members of the Republican congressional baseball team were ambushed by a lone gunman while practicing in a Washington suburb.

The ad urges Republicans to “stop” Ossoff and claims that the “unhinged left is endorsing and applauding shooting Republicans.”

“When will it stop?” a narrator asks. “It won’t if Jon Ossoff wins on Tuesday, because the same unhinged leftists cheering last week’s shooting are all backing Jon Ossoff. And if he wins, they win.”

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Mon 19 Jun - 10:54

If i were in charge down there I would ban those people responsible for that ad. That's just not right. A solid banning should show them that that kind of behavior can't be tolerated. Maybe for like two weeks, or 24 hours, I don't know. But they definitely need to be banned.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Mon 19 Jun - 11:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If i were in charge down there I would ban those people responsible for that ad. That's just not right. A solid banning should show them that that kind of behavior can't be tolerated. Maybe for like two weeks, or 24 hours, I don't know. But they definitely need to be banned.

I would say the person that bans the people responsible should apologize to them for being a biased snowflake.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Mon 19 Jun - 22:10

Final WSB-TV poll: Ossoff and Handel deadlocked in Georgia’s 6th

Only one-tenth of a percentage point separated the two rivals in the poll conducted by Landmark Communications, which has both hovering at 49 percent. Just 2 percent of voters are undecided and the margin of error is 4.4 percent.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Mon 19 Jun - 22:41

I Googled "first test gif" looking for something clever but I found this instead so now you get to see it too

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: