Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

+18
Death Roe
xsanguine
steveschneider
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
InTenSity
AnomanderRake
Cameron
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
Robert J Sakimano
22 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 10 Empty Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by NigelUno Wed 21 Jun 2017 - 12:33

GRR Spartan wrote:Price won GA-6 by a 31% margin in a district that's been a GOP stronghold since Gingrich won the seat in '78.

The result looks like the GOP lost support of 27% who voted for Price but its a bigger margin than Trump had in the district.

Probably would have helped if Ossoff had actually lived in the district for a decade and the GOP had a candidate the locals knew and had won a state wide race for Sec of State. The Democrats brought a new knife to a gun fight.

My dog could have run as a Republican and won the district.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 10 Empty Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by NigelUno Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 0:42

Was Alabama a test?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 0:49

NigelUno wrote:Was Alabama a test?

Of humanity. Yet 68%of the good white folk down there voted for a pedophile because he wasn’t a democrat. That stat scares the hell out of me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 2:00

I will feel better about the state of this country when someone like LG can just say straight up that Trump is an insecure fucking imbecile unfit to hold public office, regardless of which party he pretends to rep. When that happens I'll know we're over the hurdle.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 2:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I will feel better about the state of this country when someone like LG can just say straight up that Trump is an insecure fucking imbecile unfit to hold public office, regardless of which party he pretends to rep. When that happens I'll know we're over the hurdle.

So you would have preferred more Americans had compromised their principles and voted for the crooked imbecile that advocated policies that they vehemently disagreed with?

Trump did not happen in a vacuum. Just as any other R would have won in AL on Tuesday, nearly any other Dem would have beaten Trump. The Rs nominated Moore, the Dems nominated Hills - both were culpable of political malpractice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 7:07

Knuckle- draggin' deplorables are gonna knuckle-drag.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 10:05

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I will feel better about the state of this country when someone like LG can just say straight up that Trump is an insecure fucking imbecile unfit to hold public office, regardless of which party he pretends to rep. When that happens I'll know we're over the hurdle.

So you would have preferred more Americans had compromised their principles and voted for the crooked imbecile that advocated policies that they vehemently disagreed with?

Trump did not happen in a vacuum. Just as any other R would have won in AL on Tuesday, nearly any other Dem would have beaten Trump. The Rs nominated Moore, the Dems nominated Hills - both were culpable of political malpractice.

You now support a guy you called an "asshole" (among other things). Not sure you should be talking about anyone compromising their principles.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 10:08

This makes me think of the season where the Lions went 0-16. They won all the preseason games and then lost all the games that really mattered. Trump is Rod Marinelli.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 18:07

LooseGoose wrote:

I agree with the substance of this post, but I can't help but point out that this is classic whataboutism, and also not really responsive to WBH's post. He wasn't hoping for incisive, expert election analysis from you. He was hoping for a concession that Trump is unfit to hold office. You have conclusively failed WBH in that regard.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 18:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This makes me think of the season where the Lions went 0-16. They won all the preseason games and then lost all the games that really mattered. Trump is Rod Marinelli.

That is deeply unkind to Rod Marinelli. Maybe he deserves it, I dunno. I'm a Packers fan not a Lions fan, so it's not for me to say.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 18:29

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I agree with the substance of this post, but I can't help but point out that this is classic whataboutism, and also not really responsive to WBH's post. He wasn't hoping for incisive, expert election analysis from you. He was hoping for a concession that Trump is unfit to hold office. You have conclusively failed WBH in that regard.

This. Goose's vote in the general is old news,, but does Goose think Donnie is fit to hold the office now. That's what WBH asked and that's what Goose did not answer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 18:31

tGreenWay wrote:
Cameron wrote:

This. Goose's vote in the general is old news,, but does Goose think Donnie is fit to hold the office now. That's what WBH asked and that's what Goose did not answer.

Goose will probably never admit that. I'm guessing he thinks Trump is a dumpster fire, but admitting that he is one is conceding points from his team. No way he will ever do that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 18:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Goose will probably never admit that. I'm guessing he thinks Trump is a dumpster fire, but admitting that he is one is conceding points from his team. No way he will ever do that.

Refusal to admit being wrong is one of Donnie's strongest traits. Goose, don't be like Don.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 0:50

LooseGoose wrote:

Yeah I mean Cameron pretty much nailed it. I didn't say I wanted "reasonable" conservatives to admit that Hillary would have been a better choice. I don't think I mentioned her name at all.

Is anyone on your team capable of stating the obvious? No caveats. State the obvious.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 1:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Trump did not happen in a vacuum.   Just as any other R would have won in AL on Tuesday, nearly any other Dem would have beaten Trump.  The Rs nominated Moore, the Dems nominated Hills - both were culpable of political malpractice.  

Yeah I mean Cameron pretty much nailed it. I didn't say I wanted "reasonable" conservatives to admit that Hillary would have been a better choice. I don't think I mentioned her name at all.

Is anyone on your team capable of stating the obvious? No caveats. State the obvious.

Whataboutism is real WBH.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 1:59

I'm not trying to attack anyone. Or prove whataboutism. I just would like to see if we're at a point yet where a guy like Goose can admit the truth about the fraud who somehow, inexplicably is the President. No Politicians are all. No Hill woulda. No Barack was. Just this guy. Worst human ever. Admit it. It's ok.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:35

You expect the same poster who recently went full Randall Terry abortion meat grinder to defend our current President without having to flip the subject?

Trump is everything I feared and more and I suspect others are seeing things the same way.

The only hope is enough women are still outraged by the self-admitted "pussy grabber" they show up in 2018 and show every Trump supporting incumbent the door.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 21:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not trying to attack anyone. Or prove whataboutism. I just would like to see if we're at a point yet where a guy like Goose can admit the truth about the fraud who somehow, inexplicably is the President. No Politicians are all. No Hill woulda. No Barack was. Just this guy. Worst human ever. Admit it. It's ok.

Admit the truth? I said he was a puke from day 1.

The point is that Hills is/was a bigger puke.

That's not "whataboutism", that was the reality of the choice presented to Americans.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 21:08

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not trying to attack anyone. Or prove whataboutism. I just would like to see if we're at a point yet where a guy like Goose can admit the truth about the fraud who somehow, inexplicably is the President. No Politicians are all. No Hill woulda. No Barack was. Just this guy. Worst human ever. Admit it. It's ok.

That's not "whataboutism", that was the reality of the choice presented to Americans.

And now you unequivocally support him but are too cowardly to own it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 21:21

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

And now you unequivocally support him but are too cowardly to own it.

Typical untrue horseshit from you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 21:29

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 10 Giphy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 21:36

Good, for once I made is simple enough for you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 22:41

LooseGoose wrote:

That is only the point to delusional idiots who live in the past and want to relitigate 2016. Surely, you aren't that stupid.

And that is whataboutism, because nobody was debating whether or not Hillary would have been better. The discussion was about how bad Trump is, and you then posted drivel amounting to "what about Hillary?"

If you don't like the "whataboutism" label, you have as an alternative "rhetorical cowardice." Do you prefer that?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 2:24

Yeah I mean I can see what you're saying Goose. I do respect that occasionally will break character and address questions, because I do want to understand. I honestly don't get a lot of the Trump-ism rationale. I mean I can read things about it (and I try to vet the sources for bi-partisan-ness) but I would rather talk to people and hear it from the horse's mouth.

However, at this point it's not really about Hillary. And while I have my own personal opinion of what one should do when faced with the choice we were faced with last November and in the primaries before that, it's kind of irrelevant to where we are today.

I hate to call out another poster, but let's look at Floyd, the 2017 PotY. Floyd has been on record as being basically a loyal Republican but also recognizing how terrible Trump is. That makes sense to me. Because basically everything that comes out of the guys fingers and mouth is reprehensible if you're a human with a shred of decency.

I've tried to convey this to you before, and I know that you know it. This is not the "fake news" influencing ME (can't speak to others, but many of us are educated and can form our own opinions and don't watch MSNBC/CNN/FOX/Whatever). These are opinions we can easily form on our own based off of the things the man says and does.

When he expresses that we need to build a wall to keep Mexicans out who commit crimes in our country, that is reckless to me. When he tries to ban immigrants from certain countries, that is unfair and reckless to me (and my family). When he plays to the alt-right and plays the very fine people card that is completely absurd. I could go on and on. You know these things. Yet you make excuses for them and shoot down concerns as 'libs overreacting'.

You don't have to do that. You can remain true to your conservative principles while still acknowledging that he's reckless, careless, does not understand how to play the game, and is putting us all at risk. You might say the lefties are over-exaggerating the risk, but that's speculative at best. This is unprecedented. There is a lot of risk here and it's because this guy is everything we said he was above - an ego maniacal narcissist who has no idea what he's doing or how to play politics.

I hope it will blow over, you hope it will blow over, we all hope it will blow over - but it's different, and it's a little unnerving.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 3:00

The sage from Mio has said he's okay with Trump so long as he keeps appointing people like Gorsich to the SCOTUS.  He was okay with Mitch McConnell and other Republicans leaving the SCOTUS at 8 members or less if Hillary Clinton had won the election for 4 or more years if that's what it took to get a Republican in The White House.  A true conservative by Mio metrics.

Like Trump Goose doesn't want anyone to forget about Hillary and seems to think the election is still ongoing.

Trump won the Electoral College.  That's all that counts.  He's the President.

What about doesn't mean shit because Hillary Clinton is 70 year old author/speaker and most importantly defeated Presidential candidate.  She has no Presidential power to appoint Federal Judges to life time terms, no power to Secretaries of Federal Departments, no power to appoint chairs of Federal commissions, no veto power and can't use Air Force One for official travel. Why is that?  

SHE"S NOT THE FREAKIN' PRESIDENT. SHE LOST THE GOD DAMN ELECTION IN NOV 2016.

Now we have a President who supports Putin, doesn't think China is manipulating currency and thinks Erdogan's errosion of press freedom in Turkey is a good thing.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 9:49

Is there a test today?

Republicans pouring a lot of money into Pennsylvania.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 9:54

NigelUno wrote:Is there a test today?

Republicans pouring a lot of money into Pennsylvania.
if the Democrat can overcome the negativity from the mainstream media.. Republicans have been working consistently to make it difficult to vote. So we'll see.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 22:18

Two things are certain: if the knuckle dragger wins, it'll be because of the racist, bigoted sexual predator.

If the knuckle dragger loses, it'll be because he failed to embrace the racist, bigoted sexual predator's message.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 1:00

Celebrate America!! The Democrat party is coming to it's senses. They nominated a ProLife, ProGun, pro blue collar worker candidate. One that refused to attack Trump and promised to not vote for Pelosi.

More of these please.....they were once known as Blue Dog Dems and were the kind of people that you could negotiate legislation with.

Looks like he won, but he at least tied....that should tell the National Party something....but it won't.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 1:01

Come to think of it....those things darned near make Lamb one of Bob's celebrated knuckledraggers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 6:28

LooseGoose wrote:Come to think of it....those things darned near make Lamb one of Bob's celebrated knuckledraggers.
Goose is sad again.

Don't worry Goose, there is still time for the racist, bigoted sexual predator's boyfriend to show up for the recount and give the election to the 'pro life' knuckle-dragger. The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 10 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 8:08

Goose is literally saying “democrats should pay lip service to pro life issues but literally never do anything about it just like my favorite republicans” lol ok genius. Here’s Lamb’s stance “Lamb also says that while he is personally pro-life, he would not cast a vote for a 20-week abortion ban.”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 8:14

Meh, another seat closer to controlling committees. Take the government back from the zealots. Blue dog, dead dog, whatever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 8:55

DWags wrote:Meh, another seat closer to controlling committees. Take the government back from the zealots. Blue dog, dead dog, whatever.
but the nerve of a congressman representing the values of his/her district! The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 10 502811600

but, yeah, one vote closer to impeachment of the racist, bigoted sexual predator. That makes republicans sad.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 8:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Goose is literally saying “democrats should pay lip service to pro life issues but literally never do anything about it just like my favorite republicans” lol ok genius. Here’s Lamb’s stance “Lamb also says that while he is personally pro-life, he would not cast a vote for a 20-week abortion ban.”
yeah..

but his victory in a district that went to the racist, bigoted sexual predator by 20 points MUST be minimized by republicans.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 8:56

Goose is shook. Trump is decimating the Republican base. Impeachment is looking more and more likely after midterms.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 9:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose is shook. Trump is decimating the Republican base. Impeachment is looking more and more likely after midterms.
we'll see.

I think Democrats will definitely pick up some seats. With gerrymandering, the disenfranchisement of minority voters, Russian interference, mainstream media, etc - it will be difficult to win the majority.

I hope I'm wrong.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 9:14

wow - it's almost as if someone here at tSwill had predicted this..

Rachael Bade
‏Verified account @rachaelmbade

I spoke to a bunch of House Rs at the vote tonight abt what it means for their majority in the mid-terms if they lose tonight. A lot of them were pretty dismissive. Call it denial, call it spin, but Rs are def gonna try to downplay this race tomorrow, per my sourcing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 12:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose is shook. Trump is decimating the Republican base. Impeachment is looking more and more likely after midterms.

Yes, I am. I'm appalled that people in here are putting tribe over principal. Bob is actually happy over a knuckledragger getting elected.

They're cheering the probable election of a guy that opposes banning those scary looking "assault" rifles.

What the Dems did was nominate a Republican calling himself a Dem. As I said above, I'm good with that. The Rep should do the same thing in some districts. It would make for more affable politics and less divisiveness and I'm all for that. Either way. More love, less hate. Try it guys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 12:18

LooseGoose wrote:

Yes, I am. I'm appalled that people in here are putting tribe over principal. Bob is actually happy over a knuckledragger getting elected.

They're cheering the probable election of a guy that opposes banning those scary looking "assault" rifles.

What the Dems did was nominate a Republican calling himself a Dem. As I said above, I'm good with that. The Rep should do the same thing in some districts. It would make for more affable politics and less divisiveness and I'm all for that. Either way. More love, less hate. Try it guys.

All I care about is that he he votes yes to impeach Trump. How about that for single issue politics?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next