Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

+18
Death Roe
xsanguine
steveschneider
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
InTenSity
AnomanderRake
Cameron
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
Robert J Sakimano
22 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 Empty Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by DWags Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I am a registered voter.  I don't need to listen to a podcast about my district.  I can just go outside, look around, and see if there's a storm brewing.  I'll let you know in about 10-20 minutes.  Looks like a sunny, no clouds in the sky, Republican day just by glancing out the windows.  

They talk about other stuff too nigel. Don't be a meanie.

Do they talk about MSU sports at all?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 Empty Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:45 am

Someone reset this for me. So a Georgia congressional district that has consistently voted Republican will be a referendum on Trump? If it goes Democrat yeah, I suppose. I don't think it will though, will it? Or am I missing something.

Also, the Goose's of the world will probably use this vote as proof that America loves Trump or something assuming it goes the way it's supposed to.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Someone reset this for me. So a Georgia congressional district that has consistently voted Republican will be a referendum on Trump? If it goes Democrat yeah, I suppose. I don't think it will though, will it? Or am I missing something.

Also, the Goose's of the world will probably use this vote as proof that America loves Trump or something assuming it goes the way it's supposed to.
I don't know about you, but I will be very, very surprised if a district in Georgia goes republican.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:50 am

Here's my district update...

Just saw one of these walking around the neighborhood.  Draw your own conclusions.  

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 9k=
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:36 am

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

They talk about other stuff too nigel. Don't be a meanie.

Do they talk about MSU sports at all?

Nah. It's really really good though dwags. Id implore anyone to give it a listen.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:36 am

I'd never want to contradict our oracle of the South......but...golly gee...

For the first time, Democratic hopes of picking off this seat, once occupied by Senator Johnny Isakson, and before that by Newt Gingrich, are beginning to look like something more than wishful thinking. With the first round of the “jungle primary” fast approaching on April 18, Democratic candidate (and former congressional staffer) Jon Ossoff is no longer just an incredibly well-funded neophyte likely to make a runoff against the survivor of an internecine battle between Republicans. He’s now clearly competitive in the runoff as well as the first round.

According to a new survey from Georgia-based Opinion Savvy, Ossoff has the support of 40 percent of likely first-round voters, with Republican front-runner Karen Handel at 20 percent; would-be Trump-clone Bob Gray and State Senator Judson Hill at 10 percent; and former state senator Dan Moody at 8 percent.

More importantly, Opinion Savvy had these numbers for voters screened for likely participation in a near-certain June runoff: Ossoff leading Handel 42/41; Ossoff leading Gray 44/42; and Ossoff tied with Hill at 44 percent.

Democrat Jon Ossoff Is Gaining Ground in Georgia Special Election to Replace Tom Price
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:07 am

LooseGoose wrote:I'd never want to contradict our oracle of the South......but...golly gee...

For the first time, Democratic hopes of picking off this seat, once occupied by Senator Johnny Isakson, and before that by Newt Gingrich, are beginning to look like something more than wishful thinking. With the first round of the “jungle primary” fast approaching on April 18, Democratic candidate (and former congressional staffer) Jon Ossoff is no longer just an incredibly well-funded neophyte likely to make a runoff against the survivor of an internecine battle between Republicans. He’s now clearly competitive in the runoff as well as the first round.

According to a new survey from Georgia-based Opinion Savvy, Ossoff has the support of 40 percent of likely first-round voters, with Republican front-runner Karen Handel at 20 percent; would-be Trump-clone Bob Gray and State Senator Judson Hill at 10 percent; and former state senator Dan Moody at 8 percent.

More importantly, Opinion Savvy had these numbers for voters screened for likely participation in a near-certain June runoff: Ossoff leading Handel 42/41; Ossoff leading Gray 44/42; and Ossoff tied with Hill at 44 percent.

Democrat Jon Ossoff Is Gaining Ground in Georgia Special Election to Replace Tom Price

Seems like a great poll.

So, the current leader for the Republicans (by double) will get less votes than the #2 and the #3 Republican in the runoff?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Georgia Dems normally raise $10,000 for this House seat. This April they’ll have $3 million.

The anti-Trump resistance movement is about to get its first big electoral test.

More than 7,000 people have already volunteered for Ossoff’s campaign, and he has raised more than $3 million — unprecedented numbers for the congressional district.

The April 18 special election in Georgia’s Sixth Congressional District is Democrats’ first chance to eat into Republicans’ House majority — and potentially preview the 2018 midterm elections. “Normally, a Democrat running for Price’s seat would be lucky to raise $10,000 to $20,000,” says Phil Lunney, legislative liaison for the Fulton County Democrats. “There’s been nothing like it here, at least in the 21st century.”

But the race, held in a deeply conservative district long dominated by Republicans, will also be a test of something equally vital — whether the grassroots anti-Trump activism can be translated into electoral success. Ossoff’s race is offering a test-run for whether the outpouring of energy in the streets can be harnessed by the Democratic Party, or if it will prove beyond the grasp of its politicians.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Yard signs for this election are outnumbering Presidential yard signs about 1000/1.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:13 pm

NigelUno wrote:Yard signs for this election are outnumbering Presidential yard signs about 1000/1.

Remember when GA was possibly in play then Trump won in a landslide?

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:20 pm

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Yard signs for this election are outnumbering Presidential yard signs about 1000/1.

Remember when GA was possibly in play then Trump won in a landslide?

You thought Georgia was in play?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Nate Cohn‏Verified account @Nate_Cohn

More
Dems 60, Rep 28 in Day 1 of in-person early voting in GA-6.
The 2016 electorate was D 23, R 46.
(partisanship based on last primary vote)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:01 am

Yeah, I don't care about any of this. Have fun propping this up as a huge win for whichever side wins.  The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 55953254
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:10 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Yeah, I don't care about any of this. Have fun propping this up as a huge win for whichever side wins.  The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 55953254
something tells me that whatever happens (after the republican is elected), Goosechev and his friends in the mainstream media will spin it as a referendum on the popularity of the sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:15 am

Alyssa Milano Is Literally Driving Voters to the Polls for Georgia’s Special Election

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:39 am

NigelUno wrote:Alyssa Milano Is Literally Driving Voters to the Polls for Georgia’s Special Election

*when the republican wins in {gasp} Georgia*

"poor 'ol librul dems called in their Hollywood elite and still couldn't defeat the republican wave sweeping the nation"..

sincerely,

deplorables
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 am

Let me get this straight (after having read the thread but zero of the links shared): there is an election in Georgia in a place that always goes R; Goose predicts an R to win by ten; he also shares many links suggesting that the results of this election will have implications on the wider political climate of the nation, yet he seems unwilling to defend that notion when it is questioned (yet he keeps posting links). Strange behavior.

My takeaway is that if an R wins > no story, if a D wins > referendum. No win scenario for Goose, no wonder he's cranky.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:51 am

Cameron wrote:Let me get this straight (after having read the thread but zero of the links shared): there is an election in Georgia in a place that always goes R; Goose predicts an R to win by ten; he also shares many links suggesting that the results of this election will have implications on the wider political climate of the nation, yet he seems unwilling to defend that notion when it is questioned (yet he keeps posting links). Strange behavior.

My takeaway is that if an R wins > no story, if a D wins > referendum. No win scenario for Goose, no wonder he's cranky.

Pretty accurate. And the Dem running has apparently received an outrageous funding spike for this election relative to previous elections.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:53 am

Cameron wrote:Let me get this straight (after having read the thread but zero of the links shared): there is an election in Georgia in a place that always goes R; Goose predicts an R to win by ten; he also shares many links suggesting that the results of this election will have implications on the wider political climate of the nation, yet he seems unwilling to defend that notion when it is questioned (yet he keeps posting links). Strange behavior.

he's also provided us a lot of mainstream media articles ... The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600 The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:58 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Alyssa Milano Is Literally Driving Voters to the Polls for Georgia’s Special Election

"poor 'ol librul dems called in their Hollywood elite and still couldn't defeat the republican wave sweeping the nation"..

sincerely,

deplorables

The Democrat could win. Depends on how many illegal votes there are.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:09 am

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

sincerely,

deplorables

The Democrat could win. Depends on how many illegal votes there are.
meh - only if the activist judges assert themselves and put a stain on the democratic process.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm not cranky. I'm posting links because I like following politics and this is the most interesting race out there right now. Plus it's fun pointing out that our correspondent on the ground didn't know his ass when he said there was no chance this would be competitive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:17 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm not cranky. I'm posting links because I like following politics and this is the most interesting race out there right now. Plus it's fun pointing out that our correspondent on the ground didn't know his ass when he said there was no chance this would be competitive.

Huh.

Pretty sure you said the R would win by 10 points on April 18th.

That's not going to happen.

I don't think I said it wouldn't be competitive. I said it wouldn't be significant (no matter which side won).

I never said the R would win by 10 points. You said that. One could argue that you said it wouldn't be competitive (by saying the R would win by 10 points), right?

Ossoff might win if the Republicans are too lazy to vote in the run off. If the Democrats were smart, they should have made every one drop out of the race except Ossoff.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:03 pm

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm not cranky.   I'm posting links because I like following politics and this is the most interesting race out there right now.   Plus it's fun pointing out that our correspondent on the ground didn't know his ass when he said there was no chance this would be competitive.

Huh.  

Pretty sure you said the R would win by 10 points on April 18th.

That's not going to happen.

I don't think I said it wouldn't be competitive.  I said it wouldn't be significant (no matter which side won).

I never said the R would win by 10 points.  You said that.  One could argue that you said it wouldn't be competitive (by saying the R would win by 10 points), right?

Ossoff might win if the Republicans are too lazy to vote in the run off.  If the Democrats were smart, they should have made every one drop out of the race except Ossoff.  

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Conversely, if the Republicans were smart, they wouldn't have 11 people running.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:11 pm

NigelUno wrote:Conversely, if the Republicans were smart, they wouldn't have 11 people running.  

Think about how fucking dumb Republicans are...and then realize they own both chambers of Congress and the White House....The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:16 pm

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Conversely, if the Republicans were smart, they wouldn't have 11 people running.  

Think about how fucking dumb Republicans are...and then realize they own both chambers of Congress and the White House....The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600

Yeah. Weird how they couldn't repeal Obamacare on Day One, eh?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:34 pm

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Well, people with a brain know that healthcare is a giant clusterfuck and it was stupid to try and repeal it so soon especially without a well thought out plan to replace it with.

They should have just let obamacare simmer in its own shit for a few more years. Dems still own it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:43 pm

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yeah.  Weird how they couldn't repeal Obamacare on Day One, eh?

Well, people with a brain know that healthcare is a giant clusterfuck and it was stupid to try and repeal it so soon especially without a well thought out plan to replace it with.

They should have just let obamacare simmer in its own shit for a few more years.  Dems still own it.

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600 No. That's like saying Mike Illitch still owns the Tigers and Red Wings.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 pm

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

They should have just let obamacare simmer in its own shit for a few more years. Dems still own it.

Huh. Why did they vote to repeal it before then?

And how long did they have to come up with a plan? 7 years? So soon? The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:25 pm

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

And how long did they have to come up with a plan? 7 years? So soon? The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600
as I mentioned in another thread, it was easy when used as red meat to be thrown at racist knuckle-draggers during election season..

truth be told, Obamacare is very effective and insures millions who otherwise wouldn't have access to affordable healthcare. Not quite as easy to appease the racist knuckle-draggers when reality is introduced into the equation.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:35 pm

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Congress trying to come up with a bi partisan healthcare bill....The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:09 pm

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Congress trying to come up with a bi partisan healthcare bill....The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600

Bi-partisan?

Didn't you just mention Republican control of Congress and The White House?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:27 pm

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Bi-partisan?

Didn't you just mention Republican control of Congress and The White House?

So being in control of Congress means you should just pass a law similarly to how the Dems did with Obamacare? In the most cloak and dagger, partisan way possible?

That's why Obamacare is crumbling. When you have to engage in hyper partisan politics to pass a huge bill like this, it's doomed to fail. There were several GOP physicians who were in the House t the time and Obama/Dems didn't even ask a single one of them for any input on their monstrous healthcare bill.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Republicans control everything. Somehow not passing this is dems fault? People are idiots.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:09 pm

DWags wrote:Republicans control everything. Somehow not passing this is dems fault? People are idiots.
and deplorable.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Republicans control everything. Somehow not passing this is dems fault? People are idiots.
and deplorable.

There are baskets full of them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Huh?

What's the point in passing a piece of shit just to pass apiece of shit? What's the point of passing something with only R or D support like Obamacare was?

Isn't the point to actually pass a good bill with input from both sides?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:23 pm

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:Republicans control everything.  Somehow not passing this is dems fault? People are idiots.

Huh?

What's the point in passing a piece of shit just to pass apiece of shit? What's the point of passing something with only R or D support like Obamacare was?

Isn't the point to actually pass a good bill with input from both sides?

I don't know.  Let's ask this guy...

The_Dude wrote:Congress trying to come up with a bi partisan healthcare bill.....The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 3 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:27 pm

So don't even try because Dems are petty? It might come to that but not in Trumps third month.

When you pass hyper partisan bills you pave the way for it to be undone when the other party inevitably regains control.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next