tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread

Post by The Pantry on 2019-11-21, 23:01

Go ahead and deny. Only fooling yourselves.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread

Post by Cameron on 2019-11-21, 23:10

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  - Page 8 2Q==
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2019-11-21, 23:46

You know a teacher is good when your kid comes home and tells you how much they learned that day, without mentioning politics.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2019-11-22, 08:16

Here's the deal. We all are dicks at some point. Lord knows I am. One time my business partner was bitching about his ex-wife and his two estranged kids. We were traveling from Detroit to Ludington. I mean it was about 2 hours how they've wronged him. I finally said "Larry, did you ever think maybe you're just a dick?" He laughed and said, "I've been trying to convince you for the last couple of hours I wasn't". We've all said and say things that just make other people shake their heads. I'm sure I'm doing that right now. I just don't want to get so stubborn in life that I think I just know I"m right about everything and fuck you if you don't believe me. Told my wife when I hit 55 I was going to try to be less stubborn not more stubborn. It's hard not to be a dick. You have to guard against it pretty much every day. Hell, I think I'm being a dick right now. I'll read this later to see what I think after a cup of coffee.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2019-11-22, 08:51

100% spot on Dwags. I'm a Dutch stubborn dick. Which I work on (and fail) every day.

Pantry is being a special kinda douche here though.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2019-11-22, 19:09

Nordic wrote:100% spot on Dwags. I'm a Dutch stubborn dick. Which I work on (and fail) every day.

Douche?  Maybe.  Pretty certain anyone posting on this board with teaching credentials and/or a teaching spouse would take offense at my thoughts.  

Why Are Teachers Mostly Liberal?

99.2% Finnish. 0.8% Inuit/Eskimo
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2019-11-22, 19:17

Mods, please move this shit to tBin.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2019-11-22, 19:24

Cameron wrote:Mods, please move this shit to tBin.
Everything's fine on the main board with you lefty's until getting called out.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2019-11-22, 19:42

The Pantry wrote:
Nordic wrote:100% spot on Dwags. I'm a Dutch stubborn dick. Which I work on (and fail) every day.

Douche?  Maybe.  Pretty certain anyone posting on this board with teaching credentials and/or a teaching spouse would take offense at my thoughts.  

Why Are Teachers Mostly Liberal?

99.2% Finnish. 0.8% Inuit/Eskimo

Meh
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2019-11-22, 19:50

The Pantry wrote:
Cameron wrote:Mods, please move this shit to tBin.

I'm happy to discuss everything everywhere, it's been tSwill's conservative contingent that has historically pitched the biggest fit about politics on the main board. I didn't consider the teacher stuff overtly political until your last post. If you want to get political, I'm probably gonna wanna give you both barrels, and I know you'll bitch about that, so I was trying to be proactive.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2019-11-22, 20:04

Cameron wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

I'm happy to discuss everything everywhere, it's been tSwill's conservative contingent that has historically pitched the biggest fit about politics on the main board. I didn't consider the teacher stuff overtly political until your last post. If you want to get political, I'm probably gonna wanna give you both barrels, and I know you'll bitch about that, so I was trying to be proactive.
Consider the board yours now and get serious.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-11-22, 20:13

Today I learned that @Maryland basketball games if you are picked to make a free throw a three pointer and a half court shot and do so you get a measly $500
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-11-22, 20:21

I also learned something about a liberal water heater who use to be a google teacher and Pantry seems really upset about it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2019-11-22, 22:02

kingstonlake wrote:I also learned something about a liberal water heater who use to be a google teacher and Pantry seems really upset about it.

lol! tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  - Page 8 1486952199
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2019-11-22, 22:05

kingstonlake wrote:I also learned something about a liberal water heater who use to be a google teacher and Pantry seems really upset about it.
The multitude of angry posters from the other side never ceases to amaze me. Sorta weird we all graduated from the same university.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-11-22, 22:43

The Pantry wrote:
The multitude of angry posters from the other side never ceases to amaze me. Sorta weird we all graduated from the same university.

It’s all relative
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2019-11-25, 09:57

TIL that giving Day or Thorne a series in the Rutgers game would have immeasurable benefits on the 2020 season.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-02-12, 17:56

Today I learned that GreenWays eats mayo right out of the jar.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-02-12, 18:04

Turtleneck wrote:Today I learned that GreenWays eats mayo right out of the jar.

Well, it’s not going to hop in my mouth on its own, now is it? And putting it with other foods dulls the flavor and slows down eating it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-12, 19:11

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Today I learned that GreenWays eats mayo right out of the jar.

Well, it’s not going to hop in my mouth on its own, now is it? And putting it with other foods dulls the flavor and slows down eating it.

Have you thought of a straw?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-02-12, 19:39

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Have you thought of a straw?

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  - Page 8 1401550746
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-02-18, 18:52

Today I noticed there was a bunch of banana candy in a basket at work and was like “I don’t think I like banana candy but it’s been a long time since I tried it.”

I still don’t like banana candy.

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  - Page 8 1401550746
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum