Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dating person with chronic health condition?

+21
JEK
Big Ten Referee
Larry Kazamias
Bonerland
SawGreen
GirbaudJeans
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Rocinante
Rodeo Burger
tMolson
Robert J Sakimano
Izzo Court
Fat Guy on Couch
steveschneider
tTy
Jake from State Farm
InTenSity
AMwood
Cym Jim
Marc Summers
25 posters

Go down

Dating person with chronic health condition? Empty Dating person with chronic health condition?

Post by Marc Summers 2014-06-04, 14:52

Does anyone have experience here?

I've been dating this girl(no pics) for a couple months now, and things are getting reasonably serious. She has seemed a bit fidgety at times, and I finally asked her what was wrong. She informed me that she has Lupus, and after some googling this appears to be a condition that can result in premature death and a variety of other symptoms which lower the quality of life.

Should I cut things off with her? I understand that if I was married to her I'd have to deal with it, but I still have the choice to get away from it.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Dating person with chronic health condition? Empty Re: Dating person with chronic health condition?

Post by Cym Jim 2014-06-04, 14:57

Just tell her you have AIDS and put the ball in her court.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dating person with chronic health condition? Empty Re: Dating person with chronic health condition?

Post by AMwood 2014-06-04, 15:00

tell her you don't believe in the baby jesus. see how that goes.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-06-04, 15:00

How much money does her family have? Maybe you hit the jackpot.  geek
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-06-04, 15:01

I've got a friend that's had lupus for twenty some years now. He's batshit crazy but he's still alive.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-06-04, 15:01

I would cut it off now.

My cousin has been dating a woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer prior to them dating. She died this morning. He is devastated.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-06-04, 15:02

Have a friend that is dating someone with cystic fibrosis. They both seem very happy, but the one with cystic fibrosis does not have a very long life expectancy.

I think in the end stay informed, know what you are getting into and if you are happy then stick with it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-06-04, 15:02

it depends. does she have really nice titties?
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-06-04, 15:07

AMwood wrote:it depends. does she have really nice titties?

and life insurance?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-06-04, 15:09

Marc Summers wrote:Does anyone have experience here?

I've been dating this girl(no pics) for a couple months now, and things are getting reasonably serious. She has seemed a bit fidgety at times, and I finally asked her what was wrong. She informed me that she has Lupus

She really wanted to tell you she preferred anal but defaulted to the Lupus story when you seemed squeamish.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fat Guy on Couch 2014-06-04, 15:28

demand anal. If she accepts, keep her around until she croaks. If she says no, walk away.
Fat Guy on Couch
Fat Guy on Couch
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-06-04, 15:38

She's probably just using you for your extra kidney. Sleep with one eye open.

Last edited by Izzo Court on 2014-06-04, 15:54; edited 1 time in total
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-04, 15:40

god, I love this place..  Dating person with chronic health condition? 1966794946 
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tMolson 2014-06-04, 15:50

Can't help you.  I married a woman who is healthy and if anything ever happened to her, I'd never marry again because ALL women are nuts because all I want is some peace and quite.
tMolson
tMolson
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-06-04, 15:51

I have no idea what lupus is. But the lieutenant on The Shield got it, and she kept up her quest to take down Vic Mackey. Hard to say if she was tired from the disease, or just overwhelmed by the magnitude of the shenanigans perpetrated by the Strike Team. I also saw her on an episode of Leverage, she looked fine to me.

Spoiler Alert:
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-04, 15:58

1). Lupis is just a nice diagnosis for insane.

2). As AMwood will tell you, crazy chicks be wild in the sack.

3). Really good sex for a few years is better than mediocre sex for life.

4). Before too long you will dump her nutzo ass anyway.

The answer is

Dating person with chronic health condition? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLfjMNbsGsBJ_jbGynabuB1WdTNu5Gr7x_83cpEyXBoUZkJ6iXBA

...go for it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-06-04, 16:04

Rocinante wrote:1). Lupis is just a nice diagnosis for insane.

2). As AMwood will tell you, crazy chicks be wild in the sack.

3). Really good sex for a few years is better than mediocre sex for life.

4). Before too long you will dump her nutzo ass anyway.

The answer is

Dating person with chronic health condition? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLfjMNbsGsBJ_jbGynabuB1WdTNu5Gr7x_83cpEyXBoUZkJ6iXBA

...go for it.

this is spot on. that's why i take on the crazies. the thing fizzles out in 2-4 years though because of the cray cray. but he can just go to a local lupus support group and find the next one.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-06-04, 18:57

There is nothing funny about Lupus, Nucky.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-04, 18:59

duffy munn wrote:There is nothing funny about Lupus, Nucky.

There's pretty much something funny about everything.

Hell, everything about you is (unintentionally) funny.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-06-04, 19:01

Rocinante wrote:

There's pretty much something funny about everything.

Hell, everything about you is (unintentionally) funny.

My sister has suffered from this awful disease for 25 years. There is no cure and it's incredibly painful. Fucking asshole.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-04, 21:14

duffy munn wrote:

My sister has suffered from this awful disease for 25 years. There is no cure and it's incredibly painful. Fucking asshole.

AIDS sucks too. But there are a lot of funny AIDS jokes. Lighten up Frances. My mother died of terrible painful cancer. We all gots problems.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-06-04, 21:20

I once dated a woman with man-hands.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2014-06-04, 21:30

I dated a girl who was afflicted with fucking asshole syndrome. It was incredibly tough. Day after day there was something else I had to go through with her. It took is toll and in the end I decided it was best to let her go.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-06-04, 21:31

I am trying to ponder this as if I were 20 (or 30) years younger.  It's a toughy.  I'd say continue until the decision makes itself.

Dating person with chronic health condition? 51N1MV5V7PL._SY300_
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonerland 2014-06-04, 21:35

Everyone dies of something. So don't let this stop you. No one lives forever. Just have fun and see what happens.
Bonerland
Bonerland
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-06-04, 21:40

Bonerland wrote:Everyone dies of something.  So don't let this stop you. No one lives forever. Just have fun and see what happens.
Married a woman who had thyroid cancer in college.  Never thought twice about it.  

3 months after our 2nd son was born I was diagnosed with Lymphoma, despite being the healthiest person everyone knew.  Shit happens.  If it's real then that's more rare than the disease.
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-06-04, 23:00

Rocinante wrote:

. My mother died of terrible painful cancer..

That's hilarious.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-06-04, 23:03

This is a serious question. I'm not going to google it because, **** that.

I don't know jack fucking shit about lupis, other than it was once part of a punchline in a Mitch Hedberg joke.... Does Lupis = you will go nuts? And if so, is that where the phrase "you have gone loopy" comes from?

OK, that was two questions, sorry... I will hang up and listen.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee 2014-06-04, 23:43

Can she get medical marijuana? That is your answer.
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-06-04, 23:47

Nucky, you always seem to have a new "girlfriend" for the purposes of these threads.

Your story writing really should be a lot tighter by now.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-06-05, 06:26

Big Ten Referee wrote:Can she get medical marijuana? That is your answer.

I can get medical grade marijuana free from a couple of different sources. There is no way that would ever be a determining factor for anything.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-06-05, 07:16

I dated a chick that got the flu once.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee 2014-06-05, 10:23

Marc Summers wrote:

I can get medical grade marijuana free from a couple of different sources. There is no way that would ever be a determining factor for anything.

Dats cuase u gay!
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-06-05, 10:34

Bonerland wrote:Everyone dies of something. So don't let this stop you. No one lives forever. Just have fun and see what happens.

Evabody gotta die sometime.
-Sgt. Barnes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-06-05, 16:00

AMwood wrote:

this is spot on. that's why i take on the crazies. the thing fizzles out in 2-4 years though because of the cray cray. but he can just go to a local lupus support group and find the next one.
Careful with the crazies, scars from stab wounds never fully go away.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-06-05, 17:18

ROtown Sparty wrote:
Careful with the crazies, scars from stab wounds never fully go away.

It actually improves the odds with the next nutty one. It shows her you can handle the lunacy. War wounds, as it were.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Donjuanmc 2014-06-05, 17:26

tTy wrote:This is a serious question. I'm not going to google it because, **** that.

I don't know jack fucking shit about lupis, other than it was once part of a punchline in a Mitch Hedberg joke.... Does Lupis = you will go nuts? And if so, is that where the phrase "you have gone loopy" comes from?

OK, that was two questions, sorry... I will hang up and listen.

I was wondering the same thing. I read the first sentence from webmd, " Nine out of ten people who have lupus are women.", so I'm pretty sure lupus is a nice way of saying "you're nuts bitch"
Donjuanmc
Donjuanmc
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-06-05, 20:22

Donjuanmc wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I read the first sentence from webmd, " Nine out of ten people who have lupus are women.", so I'm pretty sure lupus is a nice way of saying "you're nuts bitch"

Damn this shit is funny.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Nachos 2014-06-06, 00:09

Dating person with chronic health condition? Wpid-house-its-not-lupus-its-never-lupus
Spartan Nachos
Spartan Nachos
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down