Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donald Trump takes shot at Colin Kaepernick's free-agent status

+16
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
msugolfguy
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
NigelUno
20 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Donald Trump takes shot at Colin Kaepernick's free-agent status Empty Donald Trump takes shot at Colin Kaepernick's free-agent status

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-21, 09:50

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18964343/donald-trump-takes-shot-colin-kaepernick-free-agent-status

"President Donald Trump reignited his feud with Colin Kaepernick, taking credit for the fact that the quarterback has not signed with a team since opting out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers three weeks ago."

Maybe spend less time at campaign rallies and less time golfing and less time lying, and more time with the important stuff?

Thanks.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump takes shot at Colin Kaepernick's free-agent status Empty Re: Donald Trump takes shot at Colin Kaepernick's free-agent status

Post by DWags 2017-03-21, 09:54

Saw that this morning. It plays to his base. That black boy, maybe muslim, agitator won't stand for the God Graced National Anthem!!! Now, the owners are following Trump cause they dont' want a mean tweet from him. They won't take C.K.,cause he's unamerican. Then the crowd goes crazy. God Bless those people who stand for the Anthem! True Christians and Patriots.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump takes shot at Colin Kaepernick's free-agent status Empty Re: Donald Trump takes shot at Colin Kaepernick's free-agent status

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-21, 09:55

the sexual predator will do anything under the sun to distract America away from the contempt he has for America and his treasonous actions with Russia.

and, of course, most Americans will take the bait.. because most Americans are pretty dumb.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-21, 09:55

DWags wrote:Saw that this morning.  It plays to his base.   That black boy, maybe muslim, agitator won't stand for the God Graced National Anthem!!!   Now, the owners are following Trump cause they dont' want a mean tweet from him.   They won't take C.K.,cause he's unamerican.  Then the crowd goes crazy.  God Bless those people who stand for the Anthem!  True Christians and Patriots.  
f**k the muthaf**king brown people

John 18:2

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-21, 10:47

More sleight of hand or political 3 Card Monte

He says that in Louisville while his daughter quietly gets security clearance and an office in the west wing of the White House while still running her company that has shipped 50 tons of clothing from China since the Nov. election.

Warning: This will be called FAKE NEWS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/first-daughter-ivanka-trump-gets-west-wing-office/2017/03/20/4a3b47b0-0db9-11e7-aa57-2ca1b05c41b8_story.html?utm_term=.98fff3adeffd

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ivanka-trump-china-clothing-import-donald-father-buy-american-a7626471.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-22, 07:57

while the sexual predator continues to demonize brown people to appeal to his racist, knuckle-dragging base, Kaepernick, like a great American, donates to Meals On Wheels.

Colin Kaepernick has donated $50,000 to Meals on Wheels, according to NFL Network, a day after the free agent quarterback was publicly ripped by President Donald Trump for remaining unsigned.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-23, 09:03

He called him a son of a bitch last night and said he should be fired.

Honestly, I hope every single player takes a knee tomorrow. 

He's also tweeting about Curry this morning. This is all such a crazy fuckin shitshow
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-23, 09:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:He called him a son of a bitch last night and said he should be fired.

He's also tweeting about Curry this morning. This is all such a crazy fuckin shitshow

Curry should show up now. And then walk out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-23, 09:23

Honestly curry and the rest of them should have kept their mouth shut then stood him up. This'll do though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-23, 09:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:He called him a son of a bitch last night and said he should be fired.

Trump called Curry that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-23, 09:27

DWags wrote:

Trump called Curry that?
No, he "rescinded" his invitation to the White House the day after curry said that he wasn't going.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-23, 09:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

Trump called Curry that?
No, he "rescinded" his invitation to the White House the day after curry said that he wasn't going.

I guess I'm upset with myself for being surprised Trump did that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-23, 09:34

DWags wrote:

I guess I'm upset with myself for being surprised Trump did that.
I should have been clearer that it was Kaepernick he called a son of a bitch at a rally last night. It's hard to keep up with which African American athlete he's upset at at any given time
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-23, 12:27

Odd watching the patriot who found a doctor who successfully discovered bone spurs so his student deferment went to 4 F medical being so critical of a silent protest.

Never mind POTUS has a hard time remembering which foot.

War wimps are almost always the most critical of those who dare to disagree.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-23, 13:07

GRR Spartan wrote:Odd watching the patriot who found a doctor who successfully discovered bone spurs so his student deferment went to 4 F medical being so critical of a silent protest.

Never mind POTUS has a hard time remembering which foot.

War wimps are almost always the most critical of those who dare to disagree.

I can't imagine how frustrating that is for someone who actually did what our government told him to do to listen to a dodger who has become a super patriot. Ted Nugent thrown in there too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-23, 15:32

Entire Warriors team skipping the customary trip to the WH or Trump is a baby and uninvited them or something I have no idea what is going on here or in this country.

Donald Trump takes shot at Colin Kaepernick's free-agent status DKboNGbVoAADMT4
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-23, 16:30

At least Trump was sincere when he said he wanted to unify the country. Cavs and Warriors are united. James calls the president a "bum."

LeBron James‏Verified account @KingJames 5h5 hours ago
U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-23, 16:31

I would also like to point out that our patriotic president, way back in the summer of 2015, attacked John McCain's service record and mocked his time as a POW. So all he is doing here is getting the gullible deplorables riled up. Kaepernick is red meat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-23, 17:59

Steven Ross, Jed York and Mara all issuing statements today taking Trump to task. Good for them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-24, 01:16

Turtleneck wrote:I would also like to point out that our patriotic president, way back in the summer of 2015, attacked John McCain's service record and mocked his time as a POW. So all he is doing here is getting the gullible deplorables riled up. Kaepernick is red meat.
They fucking LOVE that shit though. It's totally insane to me how someone taking a knee destroys their world.

Note- can we really discuss if taking a knee actually is "disrespectful?" Honestly- it isn't: it's non conforming to be sure. But non conformity doesn't equate disrespect. Spitting on the flag is disrespect. Burning it is disrespect. Taking a knee is not. If we all bent the knee for trump you think he'd take that as being disrespectful? Did your wives think it was disrespectful when you proposed? It's just not.

Anyway fuck all of those people that think taking a knee is a big problem. Fuck them. I want every single player to take a knee tomorrow.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-24, 08:05

Turtleneck wrote:I would also like to point out that our patriotic president, way back in the summer of 2015, attacked John McCain's service record and mocked his time as a POW. So all he is doing here is getting the gullible deplorables riled up. Kaepernick is red meat.
They fucking LOVE that shit though. It's totally insane to me how someone taking a knee destroys their world.

Note- can we really discuss if taking a knee actually is "disrespectful?" Honestly- it isn't: it's non conforming to be sure. But non conformity doesn't equate disrespect. Spitting on the flag is disrespect. Burning it is disrespect. Taking a knee is not. If we all bent the knee for trump you think he'd take that as being disrespectful? Did your wives think it was disrespectful when you proposed? It's just not.

Anyway fuck all of those people that think taking a knee is a big problem. Fuck them. I want every single player to take a knee tomorrow.

I go back and forth on the knee thing. But not now. Everyone one of them take a knee. I would applaud it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-24, 09:32

If a majority of players kneel during the anthem watch the owners do nothing.

They didn't get to be billionaires by throwing money away. They suspend players like the former USFL football franchisee suggests they won't have enogh players to field a team and their TV revenue stream will be hurt.

Nothing is forcing fans to buy tickets. Notice Trump saved his rant for a state with no NFL franchise.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-09-24, 12:41

Steelers are staying in the locker room. +1 to the Steelers.

It's not right vs. left anymore. It's you're either for diversity and equality or you're not. There is no middle ground here. Trump has made it clear which side he and his supporters are on. What's more important to Americans? Diversity and Equality or taxes and abortion?

I'm so disappointed in people.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-24, 12:43

I'd like to see this every games first snap: The QB reaches over the line of scrimmage and hands the ball to the nose tackle and they all take a knee. The other team takes over on offense and they do the same. Both teams make their statement and you play football. No advantage for either side.

Show America that citizens run this country. Not the government or some ass wipe bigot. Show Trump he has no power. He has no voice and doesn't speak for anyone but himself.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-09-24, 12:54

Donald Trump takes shot at Colin Kaepernick's free-agent status 502811600 Donald Trump takes shot at Colin Kaepernick's free-agent status 502811600

Chase Mitchell
@ChaseMit
Dating me is considered a great honor for a supermodel. Kate Upton is hesitating, therefore invitation is withdrawn!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-09-24, 12:59

Tomlin and 3 coaches at mid field. Andrew Villanueva stands in the tunnel, rest of Steelers stay in locker room.

Villanueva was in Afghanistan fwiw.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-24, 13:37

Sec of Treasury Mnuchin was on ABC saying players are employees and can protest on their own time.

Trump's America.
Let your employer dictate your patriotism or lose your job.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-24, 13:42

It is a 100% completely unsurprising development that the fox network didn't show any of the players kneeling during the anthem. Whatever it takes to wash what is actually going on in the world from their viewers snowflake eyes.

Glad the singer didn't give them a choice at the end. That was great.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-24, 13:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It is a 100% completely unsurprising development that the fox network didn't show any of the players kneeling during the anthem. Whatever it takes to wash what is actually going on in the world from their viewers snowflake eyes.

Glad the singer didn't give them a choice at the end. That was great.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/352151-singer-takes-knee-after-singing-national-anthem-in-detroit
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-24, 15:48

Yeah, in most cases, kneeling is a sign of reverence, humility, and devotion.

Obviously, this movement isn't intended that way, and everyone knows it, but protest does not equal disrespect, let alone hatred.

The worst is that Trump now seems to think that the locking arms is the NFL supporting him, and a show of unity for the anthem, ignoring the fact that more players than ever knelt, and those that stood, locked arms with those that knelt, supporting them. And most owners, including big Trump doners, are supporting the players.

I can't figure out if he's really this delusional or if he is just trying to delude his followers that cling to his every word.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-24, 16:00

Can someone remind me what Trump's comments were on tebow excercizing his religious freedoms on company time were?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-24, 16:51

Trump is being Trump.

He's getting his ass kicked in the court of public opinion. Same logic he used regarding crowd size at the inauguration.

If every team kneeled, put their fists in the and extended a middle finger, Trump would say they're telling him he's #1.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-24, 17:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Yeah, in most cases, kneeling is a sign of reverence, humility, and devotion.

Obviously, this movement isn't intended that way, and everyone knows it, but protest does not equal disrespect, let alone hatred.

The worst is that Trump now seems to think that the locking arms is the NFL supporting him, and a show of unity for the anthem, ignoring the fact that more players than ever knelt, and those that stood, locked arms with those that knelt, supporting them. And most owners, including big Trump doners, are supporting the players.  

I can't figure out if he's really this delusional or if he is just trying to delude his followers that cling to his every word.
Yeah I mean obviously it isn't meant as sign of reverence.... but, the best way I've seen it put is- "is a hunger strike done as a sign of disrespect toward food?" No. The two have nothing to do with each other.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-09-24, 18:48

That analogy makes sense. I think it's fair to state that the anthem means different things to different people. It does not mean military/troops to me.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-09-24, 18:50

What does the cross mean to you?

To me it does not mean my lord and savior Jesus Christ. I respect those who do take it for that meaning but it means very little to me.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-09-24, 18:58

GRR Spartan wrote:Sec of Treasury Mnuchin was on ABC saying players are employees and can protest on their own time.

Trump's America.

Actually he kind of has a point to a degree. I mean I would count anything before and after the game a part of the job. I am sure though if they did something outside of the game they would get the old "focus on football/working out. People thst dont agree would just move the goalposts.

Then I of course remember that the owners get insane tax breaks and subsidies so guess what, the players can do whatever the fuck they want. I'll consider those fields "public land".
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-09-24, 19:33

msugolfguy wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Sec of Treasury Mnuchin was on ABC saying players are employees and can protest on their own time.

Trump's America.

Actually he kind of has a point to a degree. I mean I would count anything before and after the game a part of the job. I am sure though if they did something outside of the game they would get the old "focus on football/working out. People thst dont agree would just move the goalposts.

Then I of course remember that the owners get insane tax breaks and subsidies so guess what, the players can do whatever the fuck they want. I'll consider those fields "public land".

I don't really agree with this only because it's a weird ritual that has zero to do with the game or their employment. I will plead ignorant because I've never read a contract but do players' contracts state that the National Anthem ceremony is part of their employment?

Again, to compare it to religion if it somehow became commonplace and honored acknowledged tradition to have the teams meet at midfield and say an Our Father prayer do the Muslim/Jewish players have to recite the prayer?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-24, 20:20

You folks who might be lawyers, does your firm require the staff and partners all stand for the national anthem before starting the work day?

If you are working for the state of MI or MSU , are you required to stand for the anthem every day you work?

What about your factory or office?

A bigger issue is a President trying to muscle his way into setting policy into a business that has minimal importance to the nation while we have seen multiple hurricanes devastate two states and a dictator threatening our country and our allies with nuclear weapons.

He's doing what authoritarians do to consolidate power.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-09-24, 20:29

Watching SNF. Fucked up times man.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-09-24, 20:31

Collinsworth...smart guy. On point. Good message.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next