Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+26
PSUfan28
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
NigelUno
Bob Lee Swagger
Rocinante
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
30 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Empty Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:08

Travis?

Last edited by MattyFresh on 2018-01-22, 14:37; edited 2 times in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:09

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:10

I was just going to turn the NCAA tournament thread into a soccer thread. But this will do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:11

well i just want to make you happy.

Liverpool.

USA.

winning.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:11

I'm happy when the us is winning at soccer. I'm happy now.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:12

you think Klopp can lure any Dortmund players? like for real for real?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:14

horse shit shit from a horse, horrible call
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:14

We'll see... pulisic isn't going to happen, aubeutermaysjsjdyang (look I don't know how to spell it) won't either prolly. They might even up with gotze after all, which seems like a waste of money but who am I to question things.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:16

yeah Pulisic tbh is worth more than BD will get paid and they ain't no none of them dummies.  AuddyBangYang is going away from Klopp. Not a fan of Gotze, why can't we target a LB or CB of world class quality?

We is Liverpool
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:21

MattyFresh wrote:yeah Pulisic tbh is worth more than BD will get paid and they ain't no none of them dummies.  AuddyBangYang is going away from Klopp. Not a fan of Gotze, why can't we target a LB or CB of world class quality?

We is Liverpool

this is anti message board etiquette of me after offering sort of an opinion but I'm still understanding how transfer markets work exactly. Im starting to get it. You see, my story is that after the 2014 World Cup I wanted to continue loving soccer instead of forgetting for 4 years. As a first generation Italian, I was very happy that one team got rid of the asshole that bit a guy and signed balotelli.

I now know that that was a very very very very stupid opinion. But that's how I found myself supporting Liverpool. Also I'm just saying that I'm still sorta learning. At least with transfer rumors. I'm not reliable as I can't decipher bullshit from real yet.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:22

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:23

Woooooooooo!!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:25

friend of mine was a big soccer player, I watched a lot of matches with him in my teen years and liked Steven Gerrard for some reason (2002ish... i was 15). I guess his story of playing for his hometown team and being the captain hit me real deep. Researched the team more and fell in love. I gained about 5 Stevie G jerseys till about 2006 and now have about 12 Liverpool jerseys.

You'll never walk alone.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:28

This game is going well
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:29

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 8MX7l
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:32

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 928956354d6509fb4086358aa619c74e
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:34

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 0Jex5
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:43

Halftime!!!

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 1409742621-magic-mike-2-filming-cosmopolitan
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:48

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 94a9b544fe19c86f1f9ab269a523fea0
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:51

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 635845810299388503-1862356298_donaldcelebrate
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:52

I'm just kidding I don't think he cares
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm just kidding I don't think he cares
he wants no soccer just fake wrestling and NFL, well preferably XFL
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-24, 23:59

MAGA
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-25, 00:01

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 1f633
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-25, 00:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:MAGA
Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) I3IfafU
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-25, 02:40

I was hoping this thread would reinvigorate the passionate contempt Turtleneck holds for soccer enough to revive him from his winter slumber. Maybe Travis can dump some cold water down into the pit and wake up his ass.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-04-08, 15:04

US, Canada and Mexico to make joint Soccer announcement on Monday, most likely will be bidding for World Cup.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-04-08, 15:05

MattyFresh wrote:US, Canada and Mexico to make joint Soccer announcement on Monday, most likely will be bidding for World Cup.
so thats a three-headed bid to host the 2026 World Cup.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-08, 19:29

This is so stupid. For smaller countries like when S. Korea and Japan jointly hosted it, or when Switzerland and Austria (?) jointly hosted the Euros, fine. But the US has enough quality facilities to host an entire World Cup in each timezone, let alone in the whole country, even with the expanded number of teams.

Just seems like the US thinks the world doesn't want to give the Americans another WC, so we are trying to tie in other countries.

Not to mention one of the complaints in 94 was that the various games were so spread out making it difficult for fans to follow their team around. So let's make it even more expansive. As much as I'd love for the US to host another WC, this is a lame attempt.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-09, 14:16

MiamiSpartan wrote:This is so stupid. For smaller countries like when S. Korea and Japan jointly hosted it, or when Switzerland and Austria (?) jointly hosted the Euros, fine. But the US has enough quality facilities to host an entire World Cup in each timezone, let alone in the whole country, even with the expanded number of teams.

Just seems like the US thinks the world doesn't want to give the Americans another WC, so we are trying to tie in other countries.

Not to mention one of the complaints in 94 was that the various games were so spread out making it difficult for fans to follow their team around. So let's make it even more expansive. As much as I'd love for the US to host another WC, this is a lame attempt.

This makes some sense.........

Grant Wahl‏Verified account @GrantWahl 19m19 minutes ago
To be clear why USA not bidding alone to host WC26: FIFA wants to know 100% that fans/players of, say, Iran (regular WC team) will be let in
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-09, 14:51

LooseGoose wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:This is so stupid. For smaller countries like when S. Korea and Japan jointly hosted it, or when Switzerland and Austria (?) jointly hosted the Euros, fine. But the US has enough quality facilities to host an entire World Cup in each timezone, let alone in the whole country, even with the expanded number of teams.

Grant Wahl‏Verified account @GrantWahl 19m19 minutes ago
To be clear why USA not bidding alone to host WC26: FIFA wants to know 100% that fans/players of, say, Iran (regular WC team) will be let in

THE HAGUE - Netherlands
14:50 ET

•FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE•

Soccer has surpassed music as the universal language.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-10, 14:45

LooseGoose wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:This is so stupid.  For smaller countries like when S. Korea and Japan jointly hosted it, or when Switzerland and Austria (?) jointly hosted the Euros, fine.  But the US has enough quality facilities to host an entire World Cup in each timezone, let alone in the whole country, even with the expanded number of teams.  

Not to mention one of the complaints in 94 was that the various games were so spread out making it difficult for fans to follow their team around.  So let's make it even more expansive.  As much as I'd love for the US to host another WC, this is a lame attempt.

Grant Wahl‏Verified account @GrantWahl  19m19 minutes ago
That's not likely the actual reason... apparently 60 of the 80 games would be in the US, including everything from the quarterfinals on. So if one of those teams made it there (not likely but I wouldn't be too comfortable with that big of a hole in their plan if I were in charge) they'd have a problem. 

I think the whole thing is kinda stupid, but whatever. Id be fine with it just to get some exposure here, decent game times, and to have coverage jammed down greenways throat.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-10, 16:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Grant Wahl‏Verified account @GrantWahl  19m19 minutes ago
That's not likely the actual reason... apparently 60 of the 80 games would be in the US, including everything from the quarterfinals on. So if one of those teams made it there (not likely but I wouldn't be too comfortable with that big of a hole in their plan if I were in charge) they'd have a problem. 

I think the whole thing is kinda stupid, but whatever. Id be fine with it just to get some exposure here, decent game times, and to have coverage jammed down greenways throat.
No doubt, it's a special thing having it in your country.  Seeing all of the games at the Silverdome in 94, including the US, was one of the best sports experiences of my life.  And it will drive the haters up the wall, just as it did back then.  Win-win.

I'm just selfish and don't want to share it.  Especially not with Mexico (our biggest soccer rivals), and with Canada ( who could never qualify for a World Cup on their own).

Edit:  BTW, game times likely wouldn't be any different than they are when the WC is in Europe (or when it was in South Africa).  There were no evening games in 94, as they had to make it watchable for Europe.  Last time in Brazil, they had games a little later than in the US in 94, but few if any carried over into Prime Time, IIRC. That's the middle of the night in Europe, and FIFA needs the cheddar from those TV contracts.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-03, 12:27

Who is excited about soccer at Comerica Park this summer???

I mean, I'm gonna go. It'll be neat. I didn't go to either of the games in Ann Arbor for obvious reasons. (Mostly because I went to tigers games those nights instead. This is much more convenient.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-05-03, 12:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Who is excited about soccer at Comerica Park this summer???

I mean, I'm gonna go. It'll be neat. I didn't go to either of the games in Ann Arbor for obvious reasons. (Mostly because I went to tigers games those nights instead. This is much more convenient.)

Sorry, Travis, but I can get a good nap at home.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-03, 12:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Who is excited about soccer at Comerica Park this summer???

Sorry, Travis, but I can get a good nap at home.
I'm sorry that you don't like sports
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-03, 13:06

No offense, but that seems like an awful venue to watch a soccer game, as it would at any baseball stadium. Kind of like when they put football games in baseball stadiums and you have areas where it's 30 yards + between the sideline and the first row of seats. But I guess it's not unlike some national team stadiums which are multi-purpose, and are used for track and field (which really puts the fans far away, especially on the ends). I always thought those kind of suck for the high level of games that are sometimes played there.

So check the layout of the field before buying tickets, as there are going to be some really shitty seats that would otherwise be good for Tigers games.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-03, 13:13

MiamiSpartan wrote:

No offense, but that seems like an awful venue to watch a soccer game, as it would at any baseball stadium.  Kind of like when they put football games in baseball stadiums and you have areas where it's 30 yards + between the sideline and the first row of seats.  But I guess it's not unlike some national team stadiums which are multi-purpose, and are used for track and field (which really puts the fans far away, especially on the ends).  I always thought those kind of suck for the high level of games that are sometimes played there.

So check the layout of the field before buying tickets, as there are going to be some really shitty seats that would otherwise be good for Tigers games.  
I'm highly offended.

Not really though... it'll just be fun to go to a game. Without an MLS team that's not really an option at all. I'm sure wherever I sit it wont be that great, since I won't pay out the nose for it. Though, some of the standing room spots might be okay. Here's the layout...

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Img_2311
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-05-03, 13:14

Charge your phone. Disgusting.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-03, 13:15

Death Roe wrote:Charge your phone. Disgusting.
Check the time. We're already back up to 47%. No worries.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next