Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+26
PSUfan28
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
NigelUno
Bob Lee Swagger
Rocinante
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
30 posters

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 12:47

Soccer things are starting to happen you guys
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by MattyFresh 2017-08-11, 14:26

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 276803595

Arsenal vs Leicester
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 14:33

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 Tenor
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-12, 09:21

Alexi Lalas the Cranbrook grad just laid into US Soccer.   I think it's recent

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-14, 17:54

DWags wrote:Alexi Lalas the Cranbrook grad just laid into US Soccer.   I think it's recent

good, unacceptable how shit we are
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2017-09-14, 19:14

MattyFresh wrote:
DWags wrote:Alexi Lalas the Cranbrook grad just laid into US Soccer.   I think it's recent

I'm guessing we are pretty bad right now? I played soccer for 20+ years, until the old knees went to shit, but I really only watch tWorld Cup.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-14, 19:18

Senior Dickfist wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

I'm guessing we are pretty bad right now? I played soccer for 20+ years, until the old knees went to shit, but I really only watch tWorld Cup.

Lalas' point is pretty straight forward and I've heard him talk about it more. This generation has been spoon fed, given tons of money, the best training, etc. etc. Yet we have gotten worse? Basically our team is a bunch of pussy footed, tattooed millionaires. This team in my opinion has the least conviction I've ever seen in a US side.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-14, 19:37

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 502811600 I like that guy. Get off my lawn.

When is their next match? I want to yell at something.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-14, 20:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 502811600 I like that guy. Get off my lawn.

When is their next match? I want to yell at something.

Fri, Oct 06 7:35 PM on ESPN

USA vs Panama

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifier
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-14, 20:37

Spurs had a nice win yesterday otpt
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-14, 20:49

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Spurs had a nice win yesterday otpt

Liverpool blew the game for us Travis Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 4177874726
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-14, 20:51

MattyFresh wrote:

Liverpool blew the game for us Travis Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 4177874726
Lovern is sweet. He's so great. I'm verrrrry happy that he did not get replaced. Veeeerrrrrrrryyyyyy happppppyyyyyyyy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-14, 21:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Lovern is sweet. He's so great. I'm verrrrry happy that he did not get replaced. Veeeerrrrrrrryyyyyy happppppyyyyyyyy.

I agree sooooooooooo much
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-14, 21:16

Burnley on Saturday...

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 Giphy
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-14, 21:21

MattyFresh wrote:Burnley on Saturday...

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 Giphy
No mane tho and all he did was ninja kick a guy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-14, 21:33

Tell me they play again this weekend so I can watch and gamble!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-14, 21:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Tell me they play again this weekend so I can watch and gamble!
They do! 

Saturday at 1230 (EST the one true time) against Swansea City.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-09-14, 23:41

Hi Travis Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 1362440668

How is astronaut school going?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-15, 07:55

Nordic wrote:Hi Travis Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 1362440668

How is astronaut school going?
Yesterday I was in a rocket and it was all like "pppssshhhhhhhkkkkkllklpewwwwww!"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 12:16

Matty the game wasn't on my tv what the fuck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-16, 12:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Matty the game wasn't on my tv what the fuck

Yeah I had to watch some shit stream while I was running every anti malware program in the world. NBC is selling this "GOLD" package to watch 150 matches that won't be on.... 50 bucks.... not happening. Hopefully most of the Reds game are on NBCSN or affiliates not on that compooter channel. Recap of the game. Liverpool had the ball the whole game sans 10 minutes. Bad defense by that giant numb skull Klavan costs us 1. Salah is good and scored a couple minutes later. Burnley than put everyone on defense and we couldn't score. Solanke came on as a sub late and hit the crossbar and should've scored. We had a lot of chances but only could manage a draw.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 12:26

I love me some Salah.

And yeah, while it's annoying as fuck and I hate it- that seems like the best way to play against Liverpool as a smaller club. Just sit back, play defense and accept your draw.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-16, 13:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I love me some Salah.

And yeah, while it's annoying as fuck and I hate it- that seems like the best way to play against Liverpool as a smaller club. Just sit back, play defense and accept your draw.
Yup, that's how the smaller clubs play against all of the top 6-7 teams. If you can't break them down, you will get lots of draws. And I say that as someone whose team had 15 fucking draws last year because we couldn't break anyone down.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-16, 13:58

Miami is an inter city jibber Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 1853518006
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 14:00

I haven't gotten to the point where I can hate people about rivalries yet. I understand that I am supposed to hate Man U and Everton fans. But I don't yet. I don't want to force it. I want their shittiness to shine through on its own. No doubt it will.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 14:02

And yeah, those small clubs are guaranteed one counter attack goal against us since we don't even try defense. All they have to do is make sure we don't get 2-3 and they're good.

Man city is gonna win the league though so whatever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-16, 14:06

I am the same way space man Trav but I've tried to relate Liverpool to MSU I guess, scUM and ManU (very similar acronyms...) Everton to Central Michigan or Indiana.

edit: and yes Man City look very effing good, my hope was de jesus and aguero wouldn't find their rhythm together... they did.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 14:08

I try not to make those college comparisons because it's hard to ignore the "was really great in the 70s and 80s and still thinks they're great but settles for draws against Burnley at home now"

It's just not the same sport.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 14:09

Air Force has a game on their hands against Michigan.

Wait what
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-16, 14:12

MattyFresh wrote:Miami is an inter city jibber Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 1853518006
I'm not sure what this means. I wasn't taking a shot at Liverpool whatsoever.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-16, 14:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:Miami is an inter city jibber Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 1853518006
I'm not sure what this means. I wasn't taking a shot at Liverpool whatsoever.

they're a man united firm(hooligans) and I didn't think you were nor was I
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-16, 14:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I try not to make those college comparisons because it's hard to ignore the "was really great in the 70s and 80s and still thinks they're great but settles for draws against Burnley at home now"

Weren't you making the comparisons to college in this or the not soccer thread just a couple of weeks ago? You don't try very hard.

But yeah, Liverpool shares the living off glories from decades ago thing with UM, not too mention the crazy ass coach that the media loves to suck off.

United are more like tOSU, even if it's been more like the Luke Fickell OSU the last few years. But still has the "brand ". Also United has an arrogant prick as coach.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 14:22

Matty. Tighten up.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 Yellow-card-referee_160zctwmkfww013bdwtvq8ufx1
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 14:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I try not to make those college comparisons because it's hard to ignore the "was really great in the 70s and 80s and still thinks they're great but settles for draws against Burnley at home now"

Weren't you making the comparisons to college in this or the not soccer thread just a couple of weeks ago?  You don't try very hard.

But yeah, Liverpool shares the living off glories from decades ago thing with UM, not too mention the crazy ass coach that the media loves to suck off.

United are more like tOSU, even if it's been more like the Luke Fickell OSU the last few years.  But still has the "brand ".  Also United has an arrogant prick as coach.
I don't think I was. Maybe. But I don't think so. It might have been forced. 

Anyway.... I don't think klopp is like harbaugh at all. Klopp is actually likable. The decades ago thing is a fair comparison at this point. I hope they change it. 

mourinho though. I've never seen a more unlikeable piece of shit. Maybe a good soccer coach. But fuck, that guy sucks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-16, 14:28

BTW, before you guys start handing City the trophy, look at them last season. Won their first 10 games in all comps. Pep was ruling the PL, the papers said. Didn't happen as the season went on. Maybe it will be different this year, maybe not. But so far, they're behind last season.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 14:31

That's true. Miami is right. There is still hope that a team that gives up 179 goals can win.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-16, 14:35

You're right about City, watch Arsenal turn that shit show around or something more weird. League could be more wide open with the Big 6 all in European league too.... but hey ManU spends truck loads and rinho just complains and is smug while making excuses like Baugh.  I mean Liverpool did win the CL in 05..... I think ManU won it with SAF two years later... so big time international is similar.  Klopp is just a great guy, he's energetic, happy and gives good hugs lol.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-16, 14:38

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Weren't you making the comparisons to college in this or the not soccer thread just a couple of weeks ago?  You don't try very hard.

United are more like tOSU, even if it's been more like the Luke Fickell OSU the last few years.  But still has the "brand ".  Also United has an arrogant prick as coach.

Anyway.... I don't think klopp is like harbaugh at all. Klopp is actually likable. The decades ago thing is a fair comparison at this point. I hope they change it. 

mourinho though. I've never seen a more unlikeable piece of shit. Maybe a good soccer coach. But fuck, that guy sucks.
When OTPT was asking about which team to support, you (or someone) compared several PL teams to B10 teams. Could have sworn it was you.

UM fans think Harbaugh is likeable, too. Just sayin'.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 14:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:

When OTPT was asking about which team to support, you (or someone) compared several PL teams to B10 teams.  Could have sworn it was you.

UM fans think Harbaugh is likeable, too.  Just sayin'.
Oh. That might have been me. I think it was actually. But I was totally bullshitting just trying to get a non soccer fan to be a soccer fan. That's something we can all circle around. Bring in the idiots who don't appreciate the sport.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 14:54

Klopp is not harbaugh. Sorry.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 6 EhcIxRb
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next