Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+26
PSUfan28
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
NigelUno
Bob Lee Swagger
Rocinante
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
30 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-03, 14:06

HOOLIGANS!!!! Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 4198636888 Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-03, 14:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
No offense, but that seems like an awful venue to watch a soccer game, as it would at any baseball stadium.  Kind of like when they put football games in baseball stadiums and you have areas where it's 30 yards + between the sideline and the first row of seats.  But I guess it's not unlike some national team stadiums which are multi-purpose, and are used for track and field (which really puts the fans far away, especially on the ends).  I always thought those kind of suck for the high level of games that are sometimes played there.

So check the layout of the field before buying tickets, as there are going to be some really shitty seats that would otherwise be good for Tigers games.  
I'm highly offended.

Not really though... it'll just be fun to go to a game. Without an MLS team that's not really an option at all. I'm sure wherever I sit it wont be that great, since I won't pay out the nose for it. Though, some of the standing room spots might be okay. Here's the layout...

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Img_2311
I hear ya, I don't have an MLS team yet either (though it is getting close), but I am fortunate that we get a good amount of friendlies coming through here, and the Dolphins stadium is pretty good for soccer.

Roma and PSG aren't going to be the biggest draws, so tickets might not be that bad. While the El Clasico tickets are outrageously high, the Juve-PSG game taking place a few days prior to El Clasico down here started at around $45 for lower level. Looks like seats behind either goal will be pretty good at Comerica. Just don't get tickets out in the right field seats....unless maybe if they set up seats actually IN right field.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-03, 14:27

For a lot of Tigers games I just get cheap tickets and stand behind the seats in left field, on the concourse where all the statues are. Might have to get there a little early, but that's no big deal. They said tickets start at $25, but I haven't seen anything more detailed than that
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-03, 14:33

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I'm highly offended.

Not really though... it'll just be fun to go to a game. Without an MLS team that's not really an option at all. I'm sure wherever I sit it wont be that great, since I won't pay out the nose for it. Though, some of the standing room spots might be okay. Here's the layout...

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Img_2311
I hear ya, I don't have an MLS team yet either (though it is getting close), but I am fortunate that we get a good amount of friendlies coming through here, and the Dolphins stadium is pretty good for soccer.

Roma and PSG aren't going to be the biggest draws, so tickets might not be that bad. While the El Clasico tickets are outrageously high, the Juve-PSG game taking place a few days prior to El Clasico down here started at around $45 for lower level. Looks like seats behind either goal will be pretty good at Comerica. Just don't get tickets out in the right field seats....unless maybe if they set up seats actually IN right field.

Seems like the sightlines near the field would be dogshit. Kinda like the Ford Field Final Four (alliteration!!!) set up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-03, 17:15

I had already figured that the El Clasico game can go fuck itself, with $500+ face value for the cheap seats.  But now even more reason that they can go fuck themselves:

Desmond Howard‏Verified account @DesmondHoward

Honored to be #ElClasicoMiami ambassador for the epic @realmadrid vs @FCBarcelona match 7.29.2017Miami @HardRockStadium

And no, I don't follow this dipshit, I follow the ICC tournament for updates, and they retreated it. To be fair, they retweeted Draymond a few weeks ago saying he was looking forward to El Clasico. And other celebs, too. It's become an annoying thing, and it's so fucking obvious that they are paying these celebs to tweet that they're going, as almost everyone says the same thing (except for Douchmond's crap about being an ambassador). I mean, seriously, if you're a multi-millionaire celeb and actually give a shit about watching a game like this, it's not like you can't jet off to Madrid or Barcelona to watch one that matters. Well, except for NBA and NHL players, whose seasons overlap with the La Liga season.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-03, 17:19

I read yesterday that Victor Martinez was seriously bummed when he found out they'd be playing in Kansas City while the comerica park game is being played. But I'm sure he doesn't have a problem going there himself in January. When his knees work well enough to get to the airport at least.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-09, 10:13

Ended up with seats in the third row behind the first baseline goal. $45. Not too bad. I'm not sure how well I'll see, but it's mostly about the experience so that's fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-09, 10:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Ended up with seats in the third row behind the first baseline goal. $45. Not too bad. I'm not sure how well I'll see, but it's mostly about the experience so that's fine.

Is Detroit getting a professional kickball team Travis?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-09, 10:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Ended up with seats in the third row behind the first baseline goal. $45. Not too bad. I'm not sure how well I'll see, but it's mostly about the experience so that's fine.

Is Detroit getting a professional kickball team Travis?
I really hope so pylon. I'd definitely get some tickets.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-09, 10:35

Eliminate offsides in Soccer and they will get plus 1/3rd more viewers.

I'm just trying to fix the game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-09, 10:42

DWags wrote:Eliminate offsides in Soccer and they will get plus 1/3rd more viewers.

I think we've had this talk before dwags.

No, they wouldn't because the game wouldn't be good anymore. Do you like watching the corner kicks? Cause that's all the game would be, 100% of the time. Without offsides, why would the defense ever do anything other than have 4 7 foot tall guys standing around in the box? They'd never bother playing up at all. So then the offense would have some players up there waiting also. Then eventually a midfielder would throw a lob up there hoping they get their head on the ball. You're thinking it would open up the game, but it might actually further slow it down.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-09, 11:08

DWags wrote:Eliminate offsides in Soccer and they will get plus 1/3rd more viewers.

No, they wouldn't because the game wouldn't be good anymore. Do you like watching the corner kicks? Cause that's all the game would be, 100% of the time. Without offsides, why would the defense ever do anything other than have 4 7 foot tall guys standing around in the box? They'd never bother playing up at all. So then the offense would have some players up there waiting also. Then eventually a midfielder would throw a lob up there hoping they get their head on the ball. You're thinking it would open up the game, but it might actually further slow it down.

Well I'm not watching the game unless the eliminate offsides. And you can't make me. So there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-09, 11:20

DWags wrote:

Well I'm not watching the game unless the eliminate offsides.  And you can't make me. So there.
Fine, different strokes and all that, but getting rid of offsides is a really stupid idea. You can just not like the game. It's an option.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-09, 11:43

DWags wrote:

Well I'm not watching the game unless the eliminate offsides.  And you can't make me. So there.
Fine, different strokes and all that, but getting rid of offsides is a really stupid idea. You can just not like the game. It's an option.

What about someone who isn't really into soccer? Can we make it more like rugby? I have no clue what is going on in that sport either, but it seems like something I could get into.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-09, 12:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

What about someone who isn't really into soccer? Can we make it more like rugby? I have no clue what is going on in that sport either, but it seems like something I could get into.
Or you could, you know, just watch Rugby, rather than make soccer more like Rugby.

It's really ok to not like a sport. It's not like this country has a lack of other sports to watch.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-11, 11:36

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 E7cUOAE
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-19, 16:44

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 AiiU77e
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-19, 16:46

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 502811600
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-21, 09:27

You guys I'm so nervous. Games start at 10. I'll keep you updated.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-21, 09:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys I'm so nervous. Games start at 10. I'll keep you updated.

Enjoy the game TOC! Bloody Mary?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-21, 09:31

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys I'm so nervous. Games start at 10. I'll keep you updated.

Enjoy the game TOC! Bloody Mary?

Yessir. It'll either transform into celebratory whiskey or sad whiskey around noon
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-21, 10:13

0-0 12 minutes in you guys. Arsenal is winning though. That's not good, but who wants to back in anyway.

Current mood

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Img_2411
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-21, 10:39

39 minutes, 0-0. Arsenal is up 2-0 now.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Tenor
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-21, 10:46

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-21, 10:51

Okay it's halftime friends.

Liverpool 1-0
Arsenal 2-0 but they're down to 10 men

Things are looking good. 45 more minutes. No one panic. FUCK. Stop panicking! Calm down!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-21, 11:09

2-0!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-21, 11:17

3-0

Current mood

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 O6xAODN
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-21, 11:19

I love you Travis and would like to support you. Unfortunately as a red blooded American male I have to refrain from any soccer activities that don't involve the USA smacking small nations around.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-21, 11:22

LooseGoose wrote:I love you Travis and would like to support you. Unfortunately as a red blooded American male I have to refrain from any soccer activities that don't involve the USA smacking small nations around.

That's okay. I think it's sad that more people don't get into it since it really is pretty awesome once you do, but hey, to each his own.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-21, 12:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:3-0

Current mood

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 O6xAODN

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-22, 13:54

Current mood

Celebrating 4th place?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-22, 14:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Current mood

Celebrating 4th place?

Second time in 8 years, 8th last year and probably a year ahead of schedule... yeah, why not?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-22, 14:09

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-22, 14:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Celebrating 4th place?

Second time in 8 years, 8th last year and probably a year ahead of schedule... yeah, why not?
A year ahead of schedule, or almost back on schedule? You were a slip away from the title just 3 years ago.

Demand excellence, brah.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-22, 15:03

MiamiSpartan wrote:

A year ahead of schedule, or almost back on schedule? You were a slip away from the title just 3 years ago.

Demand excellence, brah.

Yeah but then a guy bit a guy and everything went awry
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-22, 15:13

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Demand excellence, brah.

Yeah but then a racist cannibal bit a guy and everything went awry
FIFY Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 3003718628
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-22, 16:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Yeah but then a racist cannibal bit a guy and everything went awry
FIFY Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 3003718628

Well, here's the thing, getting rid of him is why I adopted Liverpool in the first place, so yeah. I'm down with that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-22, 17:07

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Well, here's the thing, getting rid of him is why I adopted Liverpool in the first place, so yeah. I'm down with that.
So you embraced mediocrity. See I can twist it any which way.

Just have a little bantz with ya, old chap! (I don't really talk like that, it just sounded very English)
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-22, 17:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:

So you embraced mediocrity. See I can twist it any which way.

Just have a little bantz with ya, old chap! (I don't really talk like that, it just sounded very English)

Actually, it's kinda funny. I always watched the World Cup and wanted to use 2014 to pick a club team. Being a us and Italy fan, I eliminated Liverpool when the guy bit a guy. Then they sold the guy. Then they signed balotelli. I fell in love. It did not work out. I stuck with it though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-22, 17:58

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next