Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+26
PSUfan28
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
NigelUno
Bob Lee Swagger
Rocinante
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
30 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 3 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-24, 18:15

Manchester United have completed the elusive Shitty Treble (Community Shield, EFL Cup, and Europa League)! But, hey, I'll take it. It's a major European trophy, and the only trophy we'd never won. And it was a special moment of joy in light of the attack in Manchester on Monday.

For those that love numbers, 2 days after the 22nd, on which 22 people in Manchester were killed, Manchester United won 2-0, with the 2nd goal coming from #22.

Somewhere, Antineoplastons is going crazy trying to figure out how to make those numbers 3's and 33's.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 3 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-24, 18:36

That game against Dortmund was still way more awesome. (Non soccer fans it was sorta like um msu 2015 except dantonio used to coach um in this scenario.) way better Europa league memories over here.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-24, 18:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That game against Dortmund was still way more awesome. (Non soccer fans it was sorta like um msu 2015 except dantonio used to coach um in this scenario.) way better Europa league memories over here.
First you celebrate 4th place, now you're saying that winning a semi-final and losing in the final is better than winning the final?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-24, 19:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That game against Dortmund was still way more awesome. (Non soccer fans it was sorta like um msu 2015 except dantonio used to coach um in this scenario.) way better Europa league memories over here.
First you celebrate 4th place, now you're saying that winning a semi-final and losing in the final is better than winning the final?

It was a quarter final tighten up
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-25, 01:21

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Travis has always had a loser's mentality. Even if he's the first car in the office lot, he'll park in the fourth space.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-25, 01:40

[quote="tGreenWay"]
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Travis has always had a loser's mentality. Even if he's the first car in the office lot, he'll park in the fourth space. [/quote

Well I'd certainly rather park in fourth than sixth like Miami would.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-25, 02:36

[quote="Travis of the Cosmos"]
tGreenWay wrote:

Travis has always had a loser's mentality. Even if he's the first car in the office lot, he'll park in the fourth space. [/quote

Why would you even say that? Jeez, Travis, that's just mean.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-25, 13:02

tGreenWay wrote:

Better to park in the 6th spot in a Porche, than the 4th spot in a Hyundai.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-25, 14:32

[quote="MiamiSpartan"]
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

If you're waiting for a witty comeback from Travis, keep waiting, because it will never come, even if he responds.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-25, 15:56

[quote="MiamiSpartan"]

Hyundai is really overstating the situation greenway. Lexus probably would more apt. Just so you know. Miami is being a drama queen about it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-25, 16:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Hyundai is really overstating the situation greenway. Lexus probably would more apt. Just so you know. Miami is being a drama queen about it.

Read much, dopey? I didn't say you drove a Hyundai, Miami did.
Frankly, I'm shocked you even have enough money for bus fare.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-25, 16:28

[quote="tGreenWay"]

Read much, dopey? I didn't say you drove a Hyundai, Miami did.
Frankly, I'm shocked you even have enough money for bus fare.

I was just explaining the situation to the only other person reading this thread idiot. My quest to get you to be a soccer fan will be successful.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-25, 16:58

MiamiSpartan wrote:

If calling it Lexus makes you feel better, sure. The point remains.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-25, 16:59

tGreenWay wrote:

I was just explaining the situation to the only other person reading this thread idiot. My quest to get you to be a soccer fan will be successful.

I know you are, but what am I?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-25, 17:03

[quote="MiamiSpartan"]

It does. Suggesting being fourth is a beaten down Hyundai is just ridiculous. You're in a better position no doubt, I'll concede that. But you don't have to be outrageous about it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-25, 17:10

[quote="MiamiSpartan"]

What Travis meant to say is he has a Lexus license plate holder.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-25, 18:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:

It does. Suggesting being fourth is a beaten down Hyundai is just ridiculous. You're in a better position no doubt, I'll concede that. But you don't have to be outrageous about it.
I never said beaten down. Hyundai's are decent, at least on par with Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Mazda, Nissan, etc. I felt that Mercedes or BMW would be too close to a Porche (and some could argue better). Honestly, Lexus is a fair fit, but it just didn't pop in my mind. Higher end than average, but not spectacular.

FWIW, in this car analogy, while United may be a Porche, it's still a porche with a lot of problems that fails to run from time to time.

I think I'm over-thinking this.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Lee Swagger 2017-05-25, 19:10

Any of you guys watching the U20 World Cup? The US came from 2-0 down and 3-2 down to draw 3-3 with Ecuador on Monday. Josh Sargent had the first two and Luca de la Torre scored in the 90+3. This morning Sargent scored again in a 1-0 win against Senegal, who reached the semi-finals in 2015. The Baby NAts play their final group stage game on Sunday at 4:50a. The games are being shown on FS1 and FS2 live from Korea.
Bob Lee Swagger
Bob Lee Swagger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-25, 20:24

We should all sit on the porche and talk about brisket.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Lee Swagger 2017-05-25, 20:27

tGreenWay wrote:We should all sit on the porche and talk about brisket.

How would I go about cooking brisket on a George Foreman, asking for a friend named Sean? He said its possible, his Crystal Ball told him so, buts he's not sure how.
Bob Lee Swagger
Bob Lee Swagger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-25, 20:29

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:Any of you guys watching the U20 World Cup? The US came from 2-0 down and 3-2 down to draw 3-3 with Ecuador on Monday. Josh Sargent had the first two and Luca de la Torre scored in the 90+3. This morning Sargent scored again in a 1-0 win against Senegal, who reached the semi-finals in 2015. The Baby NAts play their final group stage game on Sunday at 4:50a. The games are being shown on FS1 and FS2 live from Korea.
I saw the last 5 min of the Ecuador game, but haven't been getting up to watch them. Maybe I will DVR Sunday's game if I remember.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-25, 20:30

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:Any of you guys watching the U20 World Cup? The US came from 2-0 down and 3-2 down to draw 3-3 with Ecuador on Monday. Josh Sargent had the first two and Luca de la Torre scored in the 90+3. This morning Sargent scored again in a 1-0 win against Senegal, who reached the semi-finals in 2015. The Baby NAts play their final group stage game on Sunday at 4:50a. The games are being shown on FS1 and FS2 live from Korea.

Oh look....someone that wants to talk about soccer in the soccer thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-26, 12:36

LooseGoose wrote:

FWIW, the car discussion was a soccer discussion...cars were the metaphors.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-26, 13:30

LooseGoose wrote:

I know, it's kinda sad. Travis makes sad threads. Sad!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-26, 13:46

MiamiSpartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Wait what?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-26, 16:25

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Wait what?

Sad!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Lee Swagger 2017-05-28, 07:14

Well the Baby Nats won their group with a 1-1 draw against Saudi Arabia. Brooks Lennon put away a rebound from a Luca de la Torre shot in the 40th to give the US the lead. Then Cameron Carter-Vickers picked up a 2nd yellow in the 45th, both of his yellows were complete garbage calls. The Saudi's scored off a corner in the 74th. The US will now play New Zealand on Thursday at 6:50a on FS1. 3 players will be missing though, CCV because of his red card along with Aaron Herrera and Derrick Jones through yellow card accumulation.
Bob Lee Swagger
Bob Lee Swagger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-28, 20:57

Went to a soccer game today. Peed in a trough. I bet those catch on everywhere.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-28, 21:03

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:Well the Baby Nats won their group with a 1-1 draw against Saudi Arabia. Brooks Lennon put away a rebound from a Luca de la Torre shot in the 40th to give the US the lead. Then Cameron Carter-Vickers picked up a 2nd yellow in the 45th, both of his yellows were complete garbage calls. The Saudi's scored off a corner in the 74th. The US will now play New Zealand on Thursday at 6:50a on FS1. 3 players will be missing though, CCV because of his red card along with Aaron Herrera and Derrick Jones through yellow card accumulation.
One of the cool things about the U20 and other young tournaments are that it involves countries that are necer very good at the senior level (Vietnam, Vanuatu, etc.). You even get no names like New Zealand, Zambia, and England advancing or even winning their groups. I mean, can you imagine seeing that in a regular World Cup?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-28, 21:11

Did you have fun at the game nigel
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Lee Swagger 2017-05-28, 22:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:One of the cool things about the U20 and other young tournaments are that it involves countries that are necer very good at the senior level (Vietnam, Vanuatu, etc.). You even get no names like New Zealand, Zambia, and England advancing or even winning their groups. I mean, can you imagine seeing that in a regular World Cup?

If anyone gets the chance to go to the u20 World Cup, do it, because you never know who you'll see. I went in 2007 when it was in Canada. We saw the US v Brazil and Argentina v North Korea. Here are some of the guys we saw...

Sergio Romero - GK, Argentina
Sergio Aguero - F, Argentina
Angel Di Maria - M, Argentina
Michael Bradley - M, USA
Jozy Altidore - F, USA
Freddy Adu - M, USA...he actually captained the US
Marcelo - D, Brazil
Alexandre Pato - F, Brazil
Willian - M, Brazil
Luiz Adriano - F, Brazil

David Luiz was on the Brazilian team but DNP'd the game we went to.

My brother went to the US Round of 16 and Quarterfinal matches against Uruguay and Austria. He saw...

Edison Cavani - F, Uruguay
Luis Suarez - F, Uruguay

Spain and Mexico also had some guys that turned out pretty good; Pique, Mata, Chicharito, Gio dos Santos
Bob Lee Swagger
Bob Lee Swagger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-29, 16:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Did you have fun at the game nigel

United scored 3 goals in 7 minutes or so. Lots of flopping.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Lee Swagger 2017-06-01, 08:56

The Baby Nats just put on a show in the 2nd half against New Zealand. It was 1-0 at the half then they decided to put up a five spot in the final 45 minutes. Six goals, six different goalscorers. They're on the quarterfinals on Sunday against Venezuela at 1:50a on FS1. Just a few hours after the Sr National team plays a friendly against...Venezuela in Utah.
Bob Lee Swagger
Bob Lee Swagger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-06-01, 12:04

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:One of the cool things about the U20 and other young tournaments are that it involves countries that are necer very good at the senior level (Vietnam, Vanuatu, etc.). You even get no names like New Zealand, Zambia, and England advancing or even winning their groups. I mean, can you imagine seeing that in a regular World Cup?

If anyone gets the chance to go to the u20 World Cup, do it, because you never know who you'll see. I went in 2007 when it was in Canada. We saw the US v Brazil and Argentina v North Korea. Here are some of the guys we saw...

Sergio Romero - GK, Argentina
Sergio Aguero - F, Argentina
Angel Di Maria - M, Argentina
Michael Bradley - M, USA
Jozy Altidore - F, USA
Freddy Adu - M, USA...he actually captained the US
Marcelo - D, Brazil
Alexandre Pato - F, Brazil
Willian - M, Brazil
Luiz Adriano - F, Brazil

David Luiz was on the Brazilian team but DNP'd the game we went to.

My brother went to the US Round of 16 and Quarterfinal matches against Uruguay and Austria. He saw...

Edison Cavani - F, Uruguay
Luis Suarez - F, Uruguay

Spain and Mexico also had some guys that turned out pretty good; Pique, Mata, Chicharito, Gio dos Santos
The core of the Chile team that just won back to back Copa America titles (The "golden generation" of Chilean soccer) were in that 2007 tournament, too, and won 3rd place. Alexis Sanchez, Arturo Vidal, Gary Medel, Mauricio Isla. Sanchez and Vidal especially shone bright in that tournament, and my man-crush on Vidal started then. Watched a lot of that tournament on TV with my FIL (who was Chilean).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-06-01, 12:54

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:The Baby Nats just put on a show in the 2nd half against New Zealand. It was 1-0 at the half then they decided to put up a five spot in the final 45 minutes. Six goals, six different goalscorers. They're on the quarterfinals on Sunday against Venezuela at 1:50a on FS1. Just a few hours after the Sr National team plays a friendly against...Venezuela in Utah.
Ugh, 1:50am. This tournament is a good reminder of how much it sucked to watch the 2002 WC.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-03, 14:45

If you're not rooting for Juventus and my boy Gigi right now then you're a monster
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-03, 14:47

So here's a question though.

These european competitions are 2 legs all the way through, then they get to the final and it's just one neutral site game. That doesn't make sense to me.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-06-03, 16:22

Heh guys. Soccer huh? Alright. Welp, see you later.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-03, 16:46

Nordic wrote:Heh guys. Soccer huh? Alright. Welp, see you later.

Thank you for your contribution to a thread with soccer in the title.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-03, 16:53

I have a question about soccer, Travis:
Why did Real Madrid name itself after the US seismic zone in Missouri and neighboring states?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next