tSleep Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: tSleep Thread

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2017-09-15, 10:10

I can comfortable sleep in any position without it being a problem.  On this particular model, the hose attaches to the mask at the top of your head and the air flows through the mask to your nose.  If you're sleeping on your side, you cut off air flow on one side, but it's not an issue since the air still flows through the other side of the mask at the same constant pressure.

http://www.thecpapshop.com/respironics-dreamwear-nasal-cpap-mask-1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20-%20All%20Products&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxJ-htq6n1gIVk4uzCh0PuAJMEAkYASABEgKK-PD_BwE
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-09-15, 18:21

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Have slept pretty well most of my life.  A few stress induced bouts with insomnia along the way.  Worst was during the divorce...got a prescription for Ambien.  Would knock me out fairly quick but I'd wake up maybe 4 hours later despite the stuff supposedly being time release.  Hated the shit because it made me feel dizzy when I got out of bed...have not taken it since.

Have not been sleeping well in a few months despite buying a new pillow, which is really comfortable.  Mattress is great.  Started wondering what else would help and looked online this morning, when it hit me.  Have a fan in the room I haven't turned on since maybe Thanksgiving.  The fan is kind of loud even on its lowest setting but pretty sure I'm missing the noise it creates.  Going to try turning it back on tonight.  While online noticed sound conditioners (white noise) and read some reviews. Anyone here use one?  Recommendation?

Also read about developing a pre-bedtime regimen...a schedule of do's and don'ts.  Realized my schedule is erratic.  Need to work on that.  Anyone have getting to sleep rituals?

In general, what helps make you get the best sleep?  

@Greenway...sorry, everything I read suggested naps were not advisable unless limited to 20-30 minutes

Glad to hear you're ok. I've lived with AFib for decades, it sucks at times but so far it hasn't killed me. They've tried to get me to use a CPAP but I can't stand anything like that so I've refused. I don't wear any rings, bracelets, necklaces so there's no way I'm sleeping with that rig on.

I sleep like a baby between pisses by using playlists on my tablet. I'm normally out by song #2 and rarely wake again.
Company VP told me yesterday his dad was AFib for years...died of prostate cancer last year. Cardiologist said many have it for years. Sounds like the main risk it poses is developing blood clots but that can be controlled with medication.

This is actually my 2nd bout with it. Went to the doc for something unrelated back in Feb. Did an EKG while I was there and told me to go to the hospital (ended up getting a cardioversion then too). Was weird because I had no noticeable symptoms. This time I knew something was wrong. That I noticed it immediately upon waking is making me think sleep apnea caused it. Will probably have a sleep study done and guessing I will end up trying a CPAP. Like said before a couple co-workers love them. Say they wake up feeling much more rested than without one.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2017-09-15, 18:36

Pantry, just get the study. I you do have sleep apnea, you need to get it taken care of. As you note, it will benefit you more than just the feeling of an increased level of being rested, which is huge by itself.

I've spoken to people who have a much worse condition than I do, but if you stop breathing for 10 seconds or more 4 times per hour, you have sleep apnea. I stopped breathing for 10 seconds or more 47 times per hour.
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-09-15, 19:03

Senior Dickfist wrote:Pantry, just get the study. I you do have sleep apnea, you need to get it taken care of. As you note, it will benefit you more than just the feeling of an increased level of being rested, which is huge by itself.

I've spoken to people who have a much worse condition than I do, but if you stop breathing for 10 seconds or more 4 times per hour, you have sleep apnea. I stopped breathing for 10 seconds or more 47 times per hour.
Going to my cardiologist in a couple weeks. The way he was talking in the hospital pretty sure he will green light the sleep study.

One of my co-workers said he stopped breathing for up to 30 seconds during his study.

To be honest, I'm kind of excited about having a study. Might help explain a lot of things.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2017-09-15, 19:12

Best of luck! If you'd like to know what to expect of the actual study process, please let me know.
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-09-15, 19:33

Senior Dickfist wrote:Pantry, just get the study.  I you do have sleep apnea, you need to get it taken care of.  As you note, it will benefit you more than just the feeling of an increased level of being rested, which is huge by itself.

I've spoken to people who have a much worse condition than I do, but if you stop breathing for 10 seconds or more 4 times per hour, you have sleep apnea.  I stopped breathing for 10 seconds or more 47 times per hour.

I don't think I breathe at all between "Dance with Me" and "Hold your Head up".....

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-09-15, 20:30

Senior Dickfist wrote:Best of luck! If you'd like to know what to expect of the actual study process, please let me know.
From what I've been told there are a shitload of contact patches and wires (similar to an EKG, just way more of them) connected to a quick disconnect block you unhook and take with you if you have to pee. Supposedly the rooms are very sleep conducive, including TV which is part of my normal sleep routine on a timer. Hope the beds are better than hospital beds...they suck.

Please fill in anything I missed. Can I bring my favorite goose down pillow?
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-09-15, 22:02

P - they let me do the sleep study at home. I'm not sure why. There were wires and it plugged into something but it wasn't that complicated. I had an appointment the day of where they showed me how to do everything and let me take the equipment home with me. It wirelessly communicated the results.

I don't really remember what I had to wear on my face, but I want to say it was something because I remember doing something that would hopefully fudge the results in my favor. And it was also a golf league night and I got pretty drunk on purpose, figuring that would only help my cause.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-09-15, 22:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:P - they let me do the sleep study at home. I'm not sure why. There were wires and it plugged into something but it wasn't that complicated. I had an appointment the day of where they showed me how to do everything and let me take the equipment home with me. It wirelessly communicated the results.

I don't really remember what I had to wear on my face, but I want to say it was something because I remember doing something that would hopefully fudge the results in my favor. And it was also a golf league night and I got pretty drunk on purpose, figuring that would only help my cause.
What were you trying to manipulate to your favor?
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-09-15, 22:20

I didn't think I really had sleep apnea but I wanted to try the machine to see if it helped me sleep better.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-09-15, 22:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I didn't think I really had sleep apnea but I wanted to try the machine to see if it helped me sleep better.
One of the happy CPAP guys at work said his wife (now ex) punched him in his sleep for both his snoring and sometimes thinking he stopped breathing.

Kids are all out of the house but use to bag on me for my snoring, hearing it across the hallway. I have no frame of reference now and look forward to a straight-on sleep study.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2017-09-16, 02:38

The Pantry wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:Best of luck! If you'd like to know what to expect of the actual study process, please let me know.
From what I've been told there are a shitload of contact patches and wires (similar to an EKG, just way more of them) connected to a quick disconnect block you unhook and take with you if you have to pee. Supposedly the rooms are very sleep conducive, including TV which is part of my normal sleep routine on a timer. Hope the beds are better than hospital beds...they suck.

Please fill in anything I missed. Can I bring my favorite goose down pillow?

Definitely a ton of wires. My bed was as bad as a hospital bed because, well, it was a hospital bed. That's sort of the reason I brought it up. See if you have options on where you take the study.
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum