Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the 2nd Electoral test - May 25th - Montana

+8
Rocinante
Cameron
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

the 2nd Electoral test - May 25th - Montana - Page 3 Empty Re: the 2nd Electoral test - May 25th - Montana

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-26, 08:24

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I bet he won big with "christians"....the 2nd Electoral test - May 25th - Montana - Page 3 1494614055

I think he won big with his 'attack the media' stance.
yeah - in a surprise to nobody, fragile snowflakes really fall for that one..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

the 2nd Electoral test - May 25th - Montana - Page 3 Empty Re: the 2nd Electoral test - May 25th - Montana

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-26, 08:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think he won big with his 'attack the media' stance.
yeah - in a surprise to nobody, fragile snowflakes really fall for that one..

His apology is kind of an admission of guilt. Wonder how that will play out in court.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-26, 08:48

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah - in a surprise to nobody, fragile snowflakes really fall for that one..

His apology is kind of an admission of guilt. Wonder how that will play out in court.
not sure.. but I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-26, 09:13

LooseGoose wrote:Alexis Levinson‏Verified account @alexis_levinson 4h4 hours ago
More
At polling place in Bozeman, haven't found anyone yet who changed their mind bc of last night's events. #MTAL

Given that Montana voted overwhelmingly for Trump in Nov 16, it appears there are more folks in Montana who don't have an issue with physical altercations with the media.

The same group that got Gianforte to Congress are the same who saw nothing wrong with candidate Trump putting all reporters in an area and encouraged supporters to harass them at his events.

The fact several posters here think what Gianforte did was acceptable makes me think we are several steps closer to Putin style democracy than i thought.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-26, 09:17

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Alexis Levinson‏Verified account @alexis_levinson 4h4 hours ago
More
At polling place in Bozeman, haven't found anyone yet who changed their mind bc of last night's events. #MTAL

Given that Montana voted overwhelmingly for Trump in Nov 16, it appears there are more folks in Montana who don't have an issue with physical altercations with the media.

The same group that got Gianforte to Congress are the same who saw nothing wrong with candidate Trump putting all reporters in an area and encouraged supporters to harass them at his events.

The fact several posters here think what Gianforte did was acceptable makes me think we are several steps closer to Putin style democracy than i thought.
anyone who thought the knuckle-draggers of Montana weren't going to vote for some right wing snowflake hasn't been paying attention.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-26, 09:26

There used to be a guy here who posted about free speech suppression. Is he still around?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-26, 09:27

Republican Voters in MT, and I suspect elsewhere, are still more frightened of the specter of Democrats taking over confess again than they are turned off by brutish behavior. Remember, this guy lost the governorship of MT just last year. Other than his propensity for violence, this guy is a real piece of work. So they didn't want him here, but send him to Washington where he can probably do more damage. Fucking people. I tell ya.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-26, 10:11

Rocinante wrote:Republican Voters in MT, and I suspect elsewhere, are still more frightened of the specter of Democrats taking over confess again than they are turned off by brutish behavior. Remember, this guy lost the governorship of MT just last year. Other than his propensity for violence, this guy is a real piece of work. So they didn't want him here, but send him to Washington where he can probably do more damage. Fucking people. I tell ya.

Today he is a hero who stood up to the media. He's a thug. A thug with a billion dollars so that make it okay. The same people and many others but a similar thug into The White House in Nov '16.

The difference is the thug in The White House has had a private security team doing his intimidation for decades. Gianforte is still learning the ropes.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-26, 10:17

GRR Spartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Republican Voters in MT, and I suspect elsewhere, are still more frightened of the specter of Democrats taking over confess again than they are turned off by brutish behavior. Remember, this guy lost the governorship of MT just last year. Other than his propensity for violence, this guy is a real piece of work. So they didn't want him here, but send him to Washington where he can probably do more damage. Fucking people. I tell ya.

Today he is a hero who stood up to the media. He's a thug. A thug with a billion dollars so that make it okay. The same people and many others but a similar thug into The White House in Nov '16.

The difference is the thug in The White House has had a private security team doing his intimidation for decades. Gianforte is still learning the ropes.
remember - the same people who cheer right wing violence have their fragile feelings hurt when graduates peacefully protest at graduation.

the 2nd Electoral test - May 25th - Montana - Page 3 1494614055

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-26, 11:03

I'll always remember the MTAL campaign for exposing the hypocrisy of Liberals and Dems RE:Fox News.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-26, 11:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

remember - the same people who cheer right wing violence have their fragile feelings hurt when graduates peacefully protest at graduation.

Comfortably Smug‏ @ComfortablySmug 5h5 hours ago
More
Stat of the day:
Over the 20 past years, 100% of congressional candidates who have bodyslammed a journalist have been elected.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-26, 11:54

LooseGoose wrote:I'll always remember the MTAL campaign for exposing the hypocrisy of Liberals and Dems RE:Fox News.

The fact that it was reporters from Fox is the reason it was compelling, Goose. Stop being a fucking troll.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-26, 12:27

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:remember - the same people who cheer right wing violence have their fragile feelings hurt when graduates peacefully protest at graduation.

Comfortably Smug‏ @ComfortablySmug  5h5 hours ago
More
Stat of the day:
Over the 20 past years, 100% of congressional candidates who have bodyslammed a journalist have been elected.
wow - that guy has an impressive, nuanced insight into right wing snowflake hate, anger and violence.

if only I could view knuckle-draggers with such clarity.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-05-26, 14:50

Lol, and Goose is the one poster leading the charge to ban "trolls"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-26, 18:11

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I'll always remember the MTAL campaign for exposing the hypocrisy of Liberals and Dems RE:Fox News.

The fact that it was reporters from Fox is the reason it was compelling, Goose. Stop being a fucking troll.

Compelling how? Because you perceived them to be on "your" side and therefore were truthtellers? So they're only inveterate liars when they espouse a philosophy you disagree with? Isn't that comfy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-26, 18:27

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Compelling how? Because you perceived them to be on "your" side and therefore were truthtellers? So they're only inveterate liars when they espouse a philosophy you disagree with? Isn't that comfy.

No, dumbass, because they were compelled, against the nature of the network they work for, to issue a statement almost immediate describing, in detail what they had seen. It wasn't hyperbolous, and didn't use leading language which is completely not like Fox at all. Wait. Do you think they are lying?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-26, 18:47

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

If Roc's "side" was the truth...yeah, they were on his side.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-08, 10:06

the 2nd Electoral test - May 25th - Montana - Page 3 DBw0x5HU0AApUsx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-08, 10:19

Admitting guilt might not play out well.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-08, 10:22

NigelUno wrote:Admitting guilt might not play out well.  
dude, with all due respect,  our president admitted to sexually assaulting women.. the christians don't care - in fact, they encourage it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-08, 10:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Admitting guilt might not play out well.  
dude, with all due respect,  our president admitted to sexually assaulting women.. the christians don't care - in fact, they encourage it.

Well, in this case, I think the guy is just trying to avoid an assault charge. It might work, but admitting guilt seems risky.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-06-08, 10:42

LooseGoose wrote:the 2nd Electoral test - May 25th - Montana - Page 3 DBw0x5HU0AApUsx

Nice letter. Kind of flies in the face of everything you personally have said about the incident since it occurred.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-08, 10:44

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Well, in this case, I think the guy is just trying to avoid an assault charge. It might work, but admitting guilt seems risky.
if convicted of assault, it'll probably earn him a promotion within the republican party.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-08, 11:17

Cameron wrote:Nice letter. Kind of flies in the face of everything you personally have said about the incident since it occurred.

Just keep in mind who posted the letter here.   I try to be fair and balanced, just that some of the lefties here have no idea of where the center in America really is.   Luckily I have my fingers on the pulse of this country and can help them along.

Plus I watch a lot of Westerns so I know right from wrong.

Oh...and Andy Griffith.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-08, 12:16

The letter is a plea agreement between him and the journalist. A 50K payment to an organization that protects journalists is coming with it. It's an insincere apology, but what apology is sincere? Rarely. He'll get probation and our congress will get a guy who uses fists not words and law. Welp. Merica
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-08, 12:21

So if someone knocks you down while doing their job that includes asking questions you don't like a letter of apology is sufficient?

I'll remember that next time I have the urge to knock someone on their ass and put my hands on their neck if they have the bad luck of asking my something I don't like.

A billionaire bully in Congress that made a contribution and wrote a letter of apology that his legal team probably wrote up.

Goosechev continues to show his true colors.  Now its lefties like folks who disagree with his idea of the American government. That includes endorsing a GOP majority Senate deny a sitting President hearings on a Supreme Court Justice for nearly 5 years maybe longer so a GOP President can make the nomination.

Living up in Mio we have a poster who is now the arbitor of knowledge and "lefties" are what?  Less than Americans?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-06-08, 13:04

GRR Spartan wrote:So if someone knocks you down while doing their job that includes asking questions you don't like a letter of apology is sufficient?

Don't forget the sizable charitable donation.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-18, 11:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

It's stuff like this that makes people ignore you. Did you read the account from the reporters that were there? They were scared and it was pretty brutal.

If someone came into my office, interrupted a meeting about to begin and shoved a phone in my face they could hope to get off with a body slam. Some of these Brit reporters only understand force.

GOP rep misled investigators on reporter's assault: report
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/361003-gop-rep-misled-investigators-on-reporters-assault-report?amp
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3