Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out

+2
AnomanderRake
DWags
6 posters

Go down

Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out Empty Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out

Post by DWags 2017-04-03, 07:23

If the pubs say no sc judge should be appointed during an election year, why not put Garland up for an up or down vote?

Let senators vote. WHen a fillibuster happens, don't act like you didn't pull bullshit with Garland.
Todd makes an ass of McConnell
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out Empty Re: Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-04-03, 07:56

It's kind of funny how much power pieces of shit like this guy have in our country.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out Empty Re: Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out

Post by Guest 2017-04-03, 10:15

DWags wrote:If the pubs say no sc judge should be appointed during an election year, why not put Garland up for an up or down vote?

Let senators vote. WHen a fillibuster happens, don't act like you didn't pull bullshit with Garland.

We're on the same side here. I'm praying for a filibuster so the republicans nuke it. It'll make replacing RBG or Breyer with a good solid conservative so much easier.

Garland got played with by Obama and the Dems, they knew there would be no vote. It sucks when the R's follow the D's rules and the D's whine about it. Biden and Schumer are on the record supporting what the R's did.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-03, 10:52

I'm gonna ignore the prescripted responses and the obviousness of the fact that goose didn't click on that link.

Can we talk about lifetime appointments? I think it might be something that needs to be considered at some point. That was an idea back when you got sick when you were 50 and they gave you some whiskey and a piece of chicken and if that didn't cure you then you died. It's a little different now. Partisan Hackery aside, balance of courts and shit like that aside... should Supreme Court seats really be for life anymore? I tend to think a fixed (though lengthy) term might be more logical.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-03, 11:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm gonna ignore the prescripted responses and the obviousness of the fact that goose didn't click on that link.

Can we talk about lifetime appointments? I think it might be something that needs to be considered at some point. That was an idea back when you got sick when you were 50 and they gave you some whiskey and a piece of chicken and if that didn't cure you then you died. It's a little different now. Partisan Hackery aside, balance of courts and shit like that aside... should Supreme Court seats really be for life anymore? I tend to think a fixed (though lengthy) term might be more logical.

Nah, I like the idea of all the justices retiring and Trump replacing them all with Survivor contestants.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-03, 11:27

That would be the same Judge Garland who Republicans talked about voting on if HRC would have won in November.

Then others supported letting the SCOTUS go to 7-6 or who knows how few until the next Republican President could nominate because we all now know the GOP is the only party capable of nominating judges to the highest court.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-03, 11:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm gonna ignore the prescripted responses and the obviousness of the fact that goose didn't click on that link.

Nah, I like the idea of all the justices retiring and Trump replacing them all with Survivor contestants.
I'd prefer the bachelor.

But really, how about every two years a seat is up for replacement. So, each one gets a lengthy 18 year term. Each president would nominate 2-4 depending on their own term (not enough for a majority all on their own.) im just making this up on the fly here but that seems to make more sense to me than this lifetime appointment stuff
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-03, 11:33

I like the idea but I'd say two decades retirement or impeachment which ever comes first. Also, if they are activist judges with an ideology, and face it, these fights are always about that(, this guy is going to be activist) how do we know they won't push it their last couple of years.

(I chose two decades because that's about a generation)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-04-03, 12:17

Democrats would have done the EXCAT same thing. Lame ducks potus in last year = sorry, charlie.

You are revving up your fake outrage over something your party does and would have done without question 100% of the time.

Want some cheese with that whine?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-04-03, 12:22

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:If the pubs say no sc judge should be appointed during an election year, why not put Garland up for an up or down vote?

We're on the same side here. I'm praying for a filibuster so the republicans nuke it. It'll make replacing RBG or Breyer with a good solid conservative so much easier.

Garland got played with by Obama and the Dems, they knew there would be no vote. It sucks when the R's follow the D's rules and the D's whine about it. Biden and Schumer are on the record supporting what the R's did.

Whining is all the left has left. Their party has been gutted and they have no power except to temporarily say 'no'.

Not only will Gorsuch get through, it's almost a guarantee Trump will have a second SCOTUS appointment just in his first term.

In al likelihood, we are living in the time that will be considered when the 'West' was saved from self hating, anti white liberals.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-04-03, 12:25

Sorry if I can't take paid DNC shills who run their stories by Democrat party operatives before they push talking points.

Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out 1966794946

Last edited by The_Dude on 2017-04-03, 12:26; edited 1 time in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-04-03, 12:26

AnomanderRake wrote:It's kind of funny how much power pieces of shit like this guy have in our country.

Harry Reid was the biggest piece of shit in modern history in the Senate, and you own him. He's a democrat.

I'm sure you railed on and on about him. When Harry Reid quits breathing air, it will be a great day for America!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-03, 12:46

I would like to just remind everyone that it's between 12-3, the same time that Rush's show airs, so it's time for the dudes blitz of riled up hackery
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-03, 13:06

It's possible President Pence would be making the next nomination.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-03, 13:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Can we talk about lifetime appointments? I think it might be something that needs to be considered at some point.

Funny you should mention this. Can you name the last Justices appointed by a Dem to RETIRE from the Supreme Court?

(waiting)

Byron White in 1993. Appointed in 1962 by John Kennedy.

The R's in contrast have 3 living retirees. Now tell me which judges hang around too long?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-03, 13:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Can we talk about lifetime appointments? I think it might be something that needs to be considered at some point.

Funny you should mention this.   Can you name the last Justices appointed by a Dem to RETIRE from the Supreme Court?

(waiting)

Byron White in 1993.   Appointed in 1962 by John Kennedy.

The R's in contrast have 3 living retirees.   Now tell me which judges hang around too long?
OMG FOR FUCKS SAKE GOOSE FUCK YOU. SERIOUSLY.

I really would like to have if lifetime appointments makes any sense in the modern era. It has absolutely nothing to do with R or D. If you want to have a conversation about that without inserting R or D, cool. Otherwise, fuck off.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-04-03, 13:48

The_Dude wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:It's kind of funny how much power pieces of shit like this guy have in our country.

Harry Reid was the biggest piece of shit in modern history in the Senate, and you own him. He's a democrat.

I'm sure you railed on and on about him. When Harry Reid quits breathing air, it will be a great day for America!

I don't like Harry Reid. I'm only a Democrat by default because we get two choices and the Republican platform doesn't seem to be based in reality. Do you ever post a rational thought on this board?
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-03, 13:49

LooseGoose wrote:

Funny you should mention this. Can you name the last Justices appointed by a Dem to RETIRE from the Supreme Court?

(waiting)

The R's in contrast have 3 living retirees. Now tell me which judges hang around too long?

American Hamas.

To try to have a discussion with you is fucking useless on this board. Sorry goose. Jmo

I thought it was a solid attempt Travis
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-03, 13:54

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

(waiting)

American Hamas.

To try to have a discussion with you is fucking useless on this board. Sorry goose. Jmo

You think when enough people tell Goose this he would evaluate his posting style. Maybe today will be that day. Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-03, 14:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Funny you should mention this.   Can you name the last Justices appointed by a Dem to RETIRE from the Supreme Court?

(waiting)

Byron White in 1993.   Appointed in 1962 by John Kennedy.

The R's in contrast have 3 living retirees.   Now tell me which judges hang around too long?
OMG FOR FUCKS SAKE GOOSE FUCK YOU. SERIOUSLY.

I really would like to have if lifetime appointments makes any sense in the modern era. It has absolutely nothing to do with R or D. If you want to have a conversation about that without inserting R or D, cool. Otherwise, fuck off.

Sorry that it upsets you to learn that Judges named by the party you support don't have the sense to retire. Discovering that they're partisan hacks trying to hold onto their seats for their party must be discouraging for you.

I was just reading earlier today that the historic pace of Supreme Court nominations has been 49 per 100 years. With the current habit of naming younger justices and longer lifespans the forecast is that the pace will drop to 25 per 100 years.

In today's world I doubt either party would support that idea - though if Ginsberg/Breyer were to get replaced by solid conservatives I'm sure the Dems would come around.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-03, 14:26

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

American Hamas.

You think when enough people tell Goose this he would evaluate his posting style. Maybe today will be that day. Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out 502811600

lol, the only thing that offends people here is that I'm not in lockstep with the rest of you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-03, 14:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

American Hamas.

No. And if he did it would be some dig against the left in there.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-03, 14:30

I will formally apologize for posting here that the last Supreme Court Justice nominated by a Democrat that retired was appointed 55 years ago.

I'm sorry that it offends you to have it pointed out once again your party believes in doing as they say, not as they do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-03, 14:32

Chuck Todd turns McConnell inside out 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-03, 14:41

LooseGoose wrote:I will formally apologize for posting here that the last Supreme Court Justice nominated by a Democrat that retired was appointed 55 years ago.

I'm sorry that it offends you to have it pointed out once again your party believes in doing as they say, not as they do.

Yet you don't like owning up to posting your being in favor of a SCOTUS shrinking to 7 or 6 or 5 members had Hillary Clinton been elected.

We get it. You favor any nominee named by a President with an (R) behind their name providing you are sure the nominee would vote to ban abortion.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-03, 14:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

lol, the only thing that offends people here is that I'm not in lockstep with the rest of you.

I'm quite sure I'm more conservative than a lot of the people that post here, but whatever you think. No one is ever going to make you see the light.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-03, 14:43

LooseGoose wrote:I will formally apologize for posting here that the last Supreme Court Justice nominated by a Democrat that retired was appointed 55 years ago.

It offends me that you are a completely useless hack who can't have a conversation, when even told that we weren't talking about parties (which you conveniently edited out,) without talking about parties. I mean, even when you tried to address the question at hand a couple of posts up, you went straight to "oh I don't think either party would support it." I don't give a fuck about what the R or the D would support. I want to know what you think, without the R telling you. Why should we still have lifetime appointments these days when the rule wasn't expecting people to be living to 90?

And by the way... 3 vs 1? That your grand point that needs to be discussed? Come on man. Ask the warriors and Indians how much that means. Come on.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-04-03, 15:50

Do as I say not as I do is pretty much the motto for the Democratic party.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-04-03, 15:51

GRR Spartan wrote:

Yet you don't like owning up to posting your being in favor of a SCOTUS shrinking to 7 or 6 or 5 members had Hillary Clinton been elected.

We get it. You favor any nominee named by a President with an (R) behind their name providing you are sure the nominee would vote to ban abortion.

Good thing you and Wags and the rest of the liberal nutjobs are not partisan at all, right?

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down