2017 NBA Playoffs

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-08, 09:30

Death Roe wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Cleveland deserved to win that game.  That shot by KD was just cold blooded and unfair.

Silver is probably meeting with LeBron today to make sure this doesn't happen Friday night.

Honestly, I'm surprised he doesn't just give up. He gets a triple double in 3 quarters the game before and gets blown out. Now Irving scores 37 and they still lose on some ridiculous shot. What else can they do? Have to repeat those kinds of performances and hope GS runs out of "luck"
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-08, 09:32

I think LeBron has run out of gas. I know its a cliche but he can't hang with this Warriors team for 4 quarters. He was not good at all in the 4th last night. Did he even make a shot?

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2017-06-08, 10:19

Herbie Green wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Silver is probably meeting with LeBron today to make sure this doesn't happen Friday night.

Honestly, I'm surprised he doesn't just give up. He gets a triple double in 3 quarters the game before and gets blown out. Now Irving scores 37 and they still lose on some ridiculous shot. What else can they do? Have to repeat those kinds of performances and hope GS runs out of "luck"

Golden State just has more of everything. Without Durant I think we'd see a repeat and rinse of last years finals. Cavs would probably tie it up at home and we'd have a dramatic series.

Though we were treated to a good game last night, overall Durant going to Golden State has made the NBA a weak product.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-08, 10:24

steveschneider wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Golden State just has more of everything. Without Durant I think we'd see a repeat and rinse of last years finals. Cavs would probably tie it up at home and we'd have a dramatic series.

Though we were treated to a good game last night, overall Durant going to Golden State has made the NBA a weak product.

If the Pistons draft Kennard this is all moot.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-06-08, 10:47

LeBron to San Antonio? Rumblings that he could leave Cleveland after his contract is up (though most rumors I've heard mention LA, I think I'm the only non-Spurs fan even thinking about LeBron in San Antonio). If he teamed up with Kawhi, they'd have a legitimate shot at taking down GS. Throw in the Popovich factor and they might even be favored. I'm sure it would require lots of roster moves for the Spurs to free up the space (and possibly/probably LeBron giving them a significant discount), but if all LeBron cares about is catching/passing Jordan in rings, that's his best bet in my eyes.
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-08, 10:49

Cameron wrote: but if all LeBron cares about is catching/passing Jordan in rings, that's his best bet in my eyes.

Celtics. Pieces in place + assets in hand. Direct ticket to Finals. Better option than SA.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-06-08, 10:53

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote: but if all LeBron cares about is catching/passing Jordan in rings, that's his best bet in my eyes.

Celtics. Pieces in place + assets in hand. Direct ticket to Finals. Better option than SA.

That's another good one. Stevens is probably the second best coach in the league. LeBron has a history with the Celtics, though, and I'm pretty sure he still hates them even though the KG/Pierce/Rondo group is all gone. But they don't have a second top 10 player for him there, at least not yet. If he were to go to San Antonio, they'd have two of the best three players in the entire league.
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2017-06-08, 11:03

I think I saw a few weeks ago that Olynck might leave Boston. He'd be a good pickup on Cleveland.

I think staying in Cleveland is also a good option for Lebron, they just need to beef up the role players and depth.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-06-08, 11:08

steveschneider wrote:I think I saw a few weeks ago that Olynck might leave Boston.

I think staying in Cleveland is also a good option for Lebron, they just need to beef up the role players and depth.

Cleveland has kind of gone all in. I'm no cap/roster construction expert, but I don't think they have a lot of flexibility. As I recall, Tristan Thompson got a big contract not too long ago, and now they can barely keep him on the floor against the team they know is gonna be in their way for the foreseeable future.
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2017-06-08, 11:15

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I think I saw a few weeks ago that Olynck might leave Boston.

Cleveland has kind of gone all in. I'm no cap/roster construction expert, but I don't think they have a lot of flexibility. As I recall, Tristan Thompson got a big contract not too long ago, and now they can barely keep him on the floor against the team they know is gonna be in their way for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I have no idea about cap and flex either. If Jefferson retires that would free up enough room for about 2/3rds of Olynk's salary.

Also, Korver's contract is up so that would free up 5 mill. Also this day and age who knows what star will take a massive pay cut to join a potential championship team.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-09, 12:14

Rasheed Wallace says 2004 Pistons would ‘run through’ 2017 Warriors
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-06-09, 12:29

Sheed. Apparently he doesn't realize that GS has the second best defense in the league this year. I'm not saying the 2004 Pistons couldn't make GS work for their buckets, but they'd struggle to get their own buckets on the other end. They'd be lucky to take this GS team to 6, and even that's probably generous on my part.
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-09, 18:55

Cameron wrote: Sheed. Apparently he doesn't realize that GS has the second best defense in the league this year. I'm not saying the 2004 Pistons couldn't make GS work for their buckets, but they'd struggle to get their own buckets on the other end. They'd be lucky to take this GS team to 6, and even that's probably generous on my part.
I hope someone mentions that article to Chauncey in the pregame tonight. Would like to hear his thoughts.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2017-06-09, 19:59

This GS team is the similar but opposite of those Pistons. So great because they are an actual team not just a collection of individuals. The pistons were better defensively, but GS offense is so much better that they would get the edge
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-09, 21:15

This Cavs team would sweep the Pistons
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-09, 21:23

Cameron wrote: Sheed. Apparently he doesn't realize that GS has the second best defense in the league this year. I'm not saying the 2004 Pistons couldn't make GS work for their buckets, but they'd struggle to get their own buckets on the other end. They'd be lucky to take this GS team to 6, and even that's probably generous on my part.

The only thing I'll say in his defense is that golden state would have to not miss a shot because they aren't going to get a single rebound in the entire series. Literally 0.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-06-09, 21:37

Herbie Green wrote:This Cavs team would sweep the Pistons

Agreed, but then again the Pistons didn't make the playoffs.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2017-06-09, 21:46

NBA wants game 5
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-06-09, 21:46

So much bullshit

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2017-06-09, 21:47

This is gross
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-09, 21:48

Day Day is gonna get tossed if he keeps talking shit to the refs.

Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-09, 21:49

Hopefully Draymond wont do something stupid
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-06-09, 21:53

Holy shit. They mentioned points in a quarter record. I have to imagine that's the free throws in a quarter record too.

I'll laugh and laugh and laugh if the Warriors still win this tonight. If they call the whole game like this, though, half of the Warriors will be fouled out by half time.
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-06-09, 21:54

Herbie Green wrote:Hopefully Draymond wont do something stupid
I'm calling for the warriors to take a shot at the jaws of the Cavs if this reffing continues.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2017-06-09, 21:55

Herbie Green wrote:Hopefully Draymond wont do something stupid

Cavs look like they are trying to bait the hot headed Green into doing something stupid. If he can resist punching a player in the nuts I do think they can come back and win this.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-09, 21:56

Seems Shumpert is the main instigator/actor.
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-09, 21:57

Dubs are getting abused down low, can't buy a call.

Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-09, 21:59

Missed backcourt

Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-06-09, 22:00

The fix looks to be in.
NBA is looking a lot more like WWE
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-09, 22:01

Curry can't hit a shot to save his life. Needs to get hot, Klay and Durant are doing their parts so far.

Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-09, 22:03

Cameron wrote:Holy shit. They mentioned points in a quarter record. I have to imagine that's the free throws in a quarter record too.

I'll laugh and laugh and laugh if the Warriors still win this tonight. If they call the whole game like this, though, half of the Warriors will be fouled out by half time.
Yeah, this looks fixed. A four game finals is not good for the NBA. Or, maybe Sheed was right.

Durant just hit a runner and1.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-09, 22:19

Irving is playing great. Lebron is looking tired.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-09, 22:22

Death Roe wrote:Day Day is gonna get tossed if he keeps talking shit to the refs.

Is it just me or do we have a special bond now?
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-09, 22:26

Herbie Green wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Day Day is gonna get tossed if he keeps talking shit to the refs.

Is it just me or do we have a special bond now?

I can dig it.

Damn, 82 points, NBA Finals record for a half. Cavs could hit 150 easily.

Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-09, 22:28

I mean whaddayagonnado? They're completely unconscious.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-09, 22:29

Durant is kicking ass... Chef needs to get his shit together. They can still win this game.

Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-06-09, 22:29

The awesome part is Cleveland losing by 1 point.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-06-09, 22:30

Hard to stop a team when they are hitting ridiculous shots and getting a foul call on half their misses. I still think GS is a coin flip to win.
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-09, 22:31

Crazy 1st half. Durant is deadly and might bring GS back.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2017-06-09, 22:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I mean whaddayagonnado? They're completely unconscious.

Yep, and playing really good d. Curry hasn't had many good looks.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum