Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..

+10
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
xsanguine
Cameron
DWags
Rocinante
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 04, 2017 9:08 am

oh - and for those of you who are sad about how the sexual predator is being treated by comedians.. take advice from your hero:

Sexual Predator wrote: we have to stop with political correctness

okay.. now back to being upset at a comedian.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..

Post by I.B. Fine Thu May 04, 2017 9:23 am

steveschneider wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Maybe so,  but it was a low class move by Colbert, regardless of political persuasion. Maybe I'm too old, but if this is acceptable as 'entertainment' these days, so be it, I know how to change a channel and I've never found Colbert overwhelmingly entertaining, anyway.
He seems to have taken the bitterness of Letterman and ratcheted it up a few notches into the hateful range.

These days? This isn't exactly a new trend. Comedians have been using the blue material for decades dating all the way back to Lenny Bruce. Part of the art form is to offend, I respect your choice to turn the channel but lets get a grip.
Yes, 'blue' comedy has been around forever, but not by the host of a nationally syndicated TV program on a major network, no matter the time of day it's on.
The networks have historically wanted to appeal to as many viewers as possible (commercial revenue?), hence offend as few as possible. Colbert offended a lot of his audience and not just Trump supporters. In other words, it wasn't just poor taste, it was bad business.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu May 04, 2017 9:30 am

I.B. Fine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

These days? This isn't exactly a new trend. Comedians have been using the blue material for decades dating all the way back to Lenny Bruce. Part of the art form is to offend, I respect your choice to turn the channel but lets get a grip.
Yes, 'blue' comedy has been around forever, but not by the host of a nationally syndicated TV program on a major network, no matter the time of day it's on.
The networks have historically wanted to appeal to as many viewers as possible (commercial revenue?), hence offend as few as possible. Colbert offended a lot of his audience and not just Trump supporters.

Do you honestly think many Trump supporters watch Colbert? Maybe some do for some good old fashioned hate watching. But what he said will just draw more people in to see what awful thing he says next. (See Trump getting elected: 2016)
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 04, 2017 9:38 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:
The networks have historically wanted to appeal to as many viewers as possible (commercial revenue?), hence offend as few as possible. Colbert offended a lot of his audience and not just Trump supporters.

Do you honestly think many Trump supporters watch Colbert? Maybe some do for some good old fashioned hate watching. But what he said will just draw more people in to see what awful thing he says next. (See Trump getting elected: 2016)
I think that fragile right wing snowflakes started watching more Colbert since they started boycotting Broadway musicals.

they have more free time on their hands since they're not getting dressed up and trying to find a cab to Manhattan.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu May 04, 2017 9:58 am

I.B. Fine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The networks have historically wanted to appeal to as many viewers as possible (commercial revenue?), hence offend as few as possible. Colbert offended a lot of his audience and not just Trump supporters. In other words, it wasn't just poor taste, it was bad business.

I'm guessing viewers go up. You're saying the opposite?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 10:19 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I'm sure all of you would be here supporting Hannity or Rush calling Obama a cock holster for Putin.
I agree that Hannity and Rush are definitely comedians and not legit news sources.

They're definitely entertainment for those that like that sort of thing. Kinda like WWE.

But good effort at a burn, it seems your allies liked it.

And once again I'll point out that you would spend the rest of your life trying to find ANYWHERE that I EVER called Rush or Hannity "legit news sources" - I'm now getting used to all the shit you people convince yourself I said that I didn't.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 04, 2017 10:21 am

LooseGoose wrote:
I agree that Hannity and Rush are definitely comedians and not legit news sources.

They're definitely entertainment for those that like that sort of thing. Kinda like WWE.

And once again I'll point out that you would spend the rest of your life trying to find ANYWHERE that I EVER called Rush or Hannity "legit news sources" - I'm now getting used to all the shit you people convince yourself I said that I didn't.
serious moment - it does kinda surprise me that you're upset at a comedian for mocking your president.

you don't strike me as the snowflake type.

(I mean that in a good way).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 04, 2017 10:21 am

I.B. Fine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I grew up watching Johnny Carson religiously, he told tons of dirty jokes. Lots of innuendo and part of his schtick was being a horn dog. This is nothing new.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu May 04, 2017 10:23 am

IB's repeating the FoxNews mantra.  

Colbert's ratings have increased at the expense of The Tonight Show and those increases weren't because Trump supporters and "conservatives" were flocking  to CBS after their evening news.

Trouble with IB's gloomy prediction is the people protesting don't watch Colbert and advertisers aren't going to bail on CBS because they want Survior and CSI and Madam Secretary viewers.  

Does IB and other outraged connies tell their wives to stop watching their favorite CBS shows because of what a guy said after they go to bed?

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Thu May 04, 2017 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 04, 2017 10:26 am

GRR Spartan wrote:IB's repeating the FoxNews mantra.  

Colbert's ratings have increased at the expense of The Tonight Show and those increases weren't because Trump supporters and "conservatives" were flocking  to CBS after their evening news.

Trouble with IB's gloomy prediction is the people protesting don't watch Colbert and advertisers aren't going to bail on CBS because they want Survior and CSI and Madam Secretary viewers.  

Does IB and other outraged connies going to tell their wives to stop watching their favorite CBS shows because of what a guy said after they go to bed?
I'm serious dude - you keep it up, you're gonna make the right wing snowflakes sad.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu May 04, 2017 10:30 am

LooseGoose wrote:

They're definitely entertainment for those that like that sort of thing.   Kinda like WWE.

And once again I'll point out that you would spend the rest of your life trying to find ANYWHERE that I EVER called Rush or Hannity "legit news sources" -  I'm now getting used to all the shit you people convince yourself I said that I didn't.
All I'm pointing out is that they aren't the same thing at all dipshit. Keep playing drama queen though. Good job.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 10:45 am

LooseGoose wrote:

They're definitely entertainment for those that like that sort of thing.   Kinda like WWE.

And once again I'll point out that you would spend the rest of your life trying to find ANYWHERE that I EVER called Rush or Hannity "legit news sources" -  I'm now getting used to all the shit you people convince yourself I said that I didn't.
All I'm pointing out is that they aren't the same thing at all dipshit. Keep playing drama queen though. Good job.

I think I love you more than you love me. I'll work to change that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 04, 2017 11:01 am

for all of you proud anti-PC right wing patriots... who are suddenly fragile snowflakes who {gasp} can't stand some of the {sniffle} language floating around out there by comedians...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu May 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Gay dudes aren't the only one's that suck dicks. Whores do too.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 04, 2017 1:28 pm

Rocinante wrote:Gay dudes aren't the only one's that suck dicks. Whores do too.  
and.. the sexual predator sucks Putin's..

ya know, metaphorically... though.. who knows.. maybe in privately, as well?   Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 2599972566

(sorry if this upsets the right wing snowflakes).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu May 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Rocinante wrote:Gay dudes aren't the only one's that suck dicks. Whores do too.

Like I said, there getting your dick sucked or sucking someone's dick, (between two consenting adults who gaf? ). Then, there are cocksuckers. Most cocksuckers I know don't even suck dick.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu May 04, 2017 2:05 pm

Does IB and other outraged connies tell their wives to stop watching their favorite CBS shows because of what a guy said after they go to bed?

I think we should proclaim you the new Fishhead for all the red herrings you throw around.
I pretty clearly said "Colbert offended a lot of his audience and not just Trump supporters". Believe it or not, there are people that take offense at calling the President a cocksucker, regardless of party affiliation.
I also don't presume people are as vapid as you, most are able to discriminate between one performer's unsavory opinion and an entirely different show, albeit on the same network.

As for this helping his ratings, I'll put that in the same category as "That idiot Trump has no chance of beating Hillary" prediction.

By the way, my wife does watch Madame Secretary and I've told her I think it is remarkably bad writing, almost on par with her other favorite, Hawaii 5-0 (cartoon-like), but she still watches, her choice, though I don't think she likes Colbert.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 04, 2017 2:10 pm

bump for the fragile right wing snowflakes (who, during the campaign, were sick of a PC culture) who hold a comedian to a higher moral standard than their "christian" president who brags about sexually assaulting women.

Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu May 04, 2017 3:04 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:

I think we should proclaim you the new Fishhead for all the red herrings you throw around.
I pretty clearly said "Colbert offended a lot of his audience and not just Trump supporters". Believe it or not, there are people that take offense at calling the President a cocksucker, regardless of party affiliation.
I also don't presume people are as vapid as you, most are able to discriminate between one performer's unsavory opinion and an entirely different show, albeit on the same network.

As for this helping his ratings, I'll put that in the same category as "That idiot Trump has no chance of beating Hillary" prediction.

By the way, my wife does watch Madame Secretary and I've told her I think it is remarkably bad writing, almost on par with her other favorite, Hawaii 5-0 (cartoon-like), but she still watches, her choice, though I don't think she likes Colbert.

It's not that I don't believe you but was there a survey or something done to figure out who was offended and if they were his regular audience? I assume people, who are sincere and reside on both sides of the isle do get offended by stuff like that. But you seem like you've read a survey or something. I'm just curious.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu May 04, 2017 3:31 pm

I assume people, who are sincere and reside on both sides of the isle do get offended by stuff like that.
If I called you a cock sucking loser, you'd think, justifiably, I was a giant asshole. But I offended only you, so that's OK then?
How many people are you allowed to offend before it becomes a problem? especially in a business where you are paid by how many people you continue to bring back night after night?
This attitude that either you hate Trump or you are an idiot seems to be very pervasive among a loud minority. I'd suggest that attitude is what defeated Hillary and there is, in fact, a significant middle ground of people that didn't like either, just didn't like Hillary more, and they take affront to being presumed to be idiots.

(I don't think you or anyone here is a cock sucking loser, that was just an analogy Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 969504605 )

Last edited by I.B. Fine on Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

reminder that right wing snowflakes hold a comedian to a higher moral standard than they hold their president.

Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 4:14 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You and Wags need to get a VR mask with that loaded so you can have it on constant repeat.

I don't enjoy watching someone denigrate women, it's too bad you do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu May 04, 2017 4:26 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You and Wags need to get a VR mask with that loaded so you can have it on constant repeat.

I don't enjoy watching someone denigrate women, it's too bad you do.

I hear christians live it so much that they'd vote someone president. Oh, and they also don't give a shit about raped beaten pregnant women. I hear being raped and beaten might be considered a pre existing condition Great stuff.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu May 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Just to make sure I'm up to speed, were talking about a comedian offending the President or people who voted him for on national TV, right? The same guy who got into a back and forth with Marco Rubio in a nationally televised Republican debate for the right to represent the party in a run for the right to be the leader of the free world, about the size of their penis? Correct?

But we're mad at the comedian, Colbert. right?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu May 04, 2017 4:46 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Just to make sure I'm up to speed, were talking about a comedian offending the President or people who voted him for on national TV, right? The same guy who got into a back and forth with Marco Rubio in a nationally televised Republican debate for the right to represent the party in a run for the right to be the leader of the free world, about the size of their penis? Correct?

It offends the snowflakes all of the sudden.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu May 04, 2017 4:50 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Just to make sure I'm up to speed, were talking about a comedian offending the President or people who voted him for on national TV, right? The same guy who got into a back and forth with Marco Rubio in a nationally televised Republican debate for the right to represent the party in a run for the right to be the leader of the free world, about the size of their penis? Correct?

We must hold late night comedians to a higher standard than our president apparently.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu May 04, 2017 4:55 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

We must hold late night comedians to a higher standard than our president apparently.

You know something? Now that I think about it, I actually do hold them to a higher standard than I do that asshat. Yikes.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu May 04, 2017 8:13 pm

Snowflakes and war wimp internet tough guys.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu May 04, 2017 10:02 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Snowflakes and war wimp internet tough guys.

You're the toughest of all of us. You big stud, you. Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 1837765953

Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 C-_v0QmUwAAjrB1
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu May 04, 2017 11:16 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Doubt it, he said it post 11pm and the joke was edited out with a good hard beep.

There are the usual social justice warriors whining about his joke but this is really about repubs hurt feelings and they are acting like Berkeley students.

Maybe so,  but it was a low class move by Colbert, regardless of political persuasion. Maybe I'm too old, but if this is acceptable as 'entertainment' these days, so be it, I know how to change a channel and I've never found Colbert overwhelmingly entertaining, anyway.
He seems to have taken the bitterness of Letterman and ratcheted it up a few notches into the hateful range.

Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 502811600 You are a pussy. "Low class," please. As if such a thing even exists in Donald Trump's America. Toughen up, buttercup.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri May 05, 2017 7:45 am

Cameron wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 502811600 You are a pussy. "Low class," please. As if such a thing even exists in Donald Trump's America. Toughen up, buttercup.
gonna be a long 4 years for the fragile republican snowflakes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri May 05, 2017 9:49 am

Call'em like I see'em Man.

The same assholes wringing their hands about Colbert had no compuntion about pulling the lever for a guy who shrugged off pussy grabbing and talked about penis size on a debate stage.

The same assholes who cheer military intervention if they are on the sidelines.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 05, 2017 10:06 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Call'em like I see'em Man.

The same assholes wringing their hands about Colbert had no compuntion about pulling the lever for a guy who shrugged off pussy grabbing and talked about penis size on a debate stage.

The same assholes who cheer military intervention if they are on the sidelines.

I remember your scorching takes on Obama intervening in Libya, Syria, Yemen and Somalia. Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 1966794946 Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 1966794946 Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 1966794946 Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 1966794946 Don't be a hypocrite.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri May 05, 2017 10:44 am

But Obama

I had no problems with Obama's use of UMA's to kill people in Gulf states and Africa. If we will kill people we deem to be terrorists better to do it with minimal US casualties.. I'm pro life. My life not theirs.

If you were there I wouldn't cry about an American dying because if you want to be in an active shooting war you put yourself at risk.

Keep pimpin' the authoritarian oligarch American elected to the Presidency.

He's your pussy grabber.  Maybe the old pervert needs to grab your granddaughter's pussy for you to wake up to what kind of mind we have in The White House.  But then maybe sexual assualt is acceptable if the person ends abortion in your world.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri May 05, 2017 10:55 am

GRR Spartan wrote:But Obama

I had no problems with Obama's use of UMA's to kill people in Gulf states and Africa. If we will kill people we deem to be terrorists better to do it with minimal US casualties.. I'm pro life. My life not theirs.

If you were there I wouldn't cry about an American dying because if you want to be in an active shooting war you put yourself at risk.

Keep pimpin' the authoritarian oligarch American elected to the Presidency.

He's your pussy grabber.  Maybe the old pervert needs to grab your granddaughter's pussy for you to wake up to what kind of mind we have in The White House.  But then maybe sexual assualt is acceptable if the person ends abortion in your world.
ya have to admit, it's pretty funny.. as much as they hated the colored boy in the White House - you can tell that republicans feel so inadequate to the point of wanting to be him, that they attempt to correlate the sexual predator with every little success that President Obama enjoyed on a daily basis.

it's funny.. yet sad.

the sexual predator - no matter how hard he tries - will never - ever - be the man with a respectful love of America and the definition of integrity that Barack Obama has in his pinky finger.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri May 05, 2017 12:21 pm

GRR Spartan wrote: I'm pro life. My life not theirs.

Racist.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri May 12, 2017 8:33 am

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/11/media/stephen-colbert-trump-no-talent-comment/

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri May 12, 2017 10:52 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/11/media/stephen-colbert-trump-no-talent-comment/

Well Worth Your Time: Stephen Colbert Last Night..  - Page 2 502811600

on the upside, it's hard for the snowflake president to sexually assault women if he's consumed with watching late-night television.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 12, 2017 11:22 am

I liked how his audience cheered Comey getting fired....until they were instructed that was now the inappropriate reaction....that we had always been at war with Oceania.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next