Oh, Michigan

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Article Re: Oh, Michigan

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-04-11, 15:42

Michigan woman calls 911 to help kill spider

I hope more of this story surfaces because the details in the link are a thinly spun web information.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-04-11, 15:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:Michigan woman calls 911 to help kill spider

I hope more of this story surfaces because the details in the link are a thinly spun web information.
this story has legs.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2018-04-14, 19:37

think i saw a thread on this somewhere but can't find it now so I'll post it here

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/13/michigan-man-charged-shooting-teen-who-knocked-door-ask-directions/516576002/

Everyone calling the shooter racist...it was 100000% his wife yelling and causing a scene who is probably the racist one and homeboy was trying to placate his wife
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-14, 19:41

CORNER BLITZ wrote:think i saw a thread on this somewhere but can't find it now so I'll post it here

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/13/michigan-man-charged-shooting-teen-who-knocked-door-ask-directions/516576002/

Everyone calling the shooter racist...it was 100000% his wife yelling and causing a scene who is probably the racist one and homeboy was trying to placate his wife

Possibly. But incredibly stupid to shoot at someone running away.

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2018-04-14, 19:54

not saying he's not an idiot and going to jail
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-04-14, 19:56

CORNER BLITZ wrote:think i saw a thread on this somewhere but can't find it now so I'll post it here

I’m not sure how many husbands and wives you know but it’s probably both....

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-14, 23:53

And yet they want equal pay.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-04-15, 14:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

this story has legs.

Haven’t seen anything more about this. Someone must’ve killed the story.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2018-04-16, 12:52

CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-04-16, 12:57

Might as well have named it Kaboom!!!
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-04-16, 13:53

Someone needs a hug.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-05-09, 15:10

Situations like these are interesting AF to me. Mods, I have no desire to see this discussion devolve into a Swill-style verbal war, so if things get testy, feel free to move, lock or delete it.

https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/2018/05/08/residents-outraged-neighbors-sign-habit/589190002/

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly on 2018-05-09, 16:36

tGreenWay wrote:Situations like these are interesting AF to me. Mods, I have no desire to see this discussion devolve into a Swill-style verbal war, so if things get testy, feel free to move, lock or delete it.

https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/2018/05/08/residents-outraged-neighbors-sign-habit/589190002/

Crazy-ass homeowner wrote:
"Someone from the city was here and they gave me the code," he said. "My signs can't be over four feet tall or more than four square feet. This one here (he touches one close to his porch) is 47 inches — one inch below code."

Well, I gotta hand it to him he knows how to make his unique brand of crazy compatible with the ordinances of the local municipality.
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-05-09, 16:55

tGreenWay wrote:Situations like these are interesting AF to me. Mods, I have no desire to see this discussion devolve into a Swill-style verbal war, so if things get testy, feel free to move, lock or delete it.

Simple for me, you either believe in free speech or you don't.

Hate speech is made up shit to control others and limit their speech. If you don't like what someone is saying walk away and ostracize them, don't imprison them.

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-05-09, 17:26

LooseGoose wrote:

Hate speech is made up shit to control others and limit their speech. If you don't like what someone is saying walk away and ostracize them, don't imprison them.

I agree with you, but I do feel an enormous amount of sympathy for the other homeowners. The comment about his signs being hate speech was ridiculous. The person who made it is either just that dumb or made the comment as a way to support an argument to have the signs removed. Either way, the guys is nuts and those poor people probably really will have a much more difficult time selling their properties.

Edit: I should clarify that I agree the comment about this being hate speech is ridonkulous, but I disagree with your premise that all hate speech is made up to silence others.
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-05-09, 20:25

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I agree with you, but I do feel an enormous amount of sympathy for the other homeowners. The comment about his signs being hate speech was ridiculous. The person who made it is either just that dumb or made the comment as a way to support an argument to have the signs removed. Either way, the guys is nuts and those poor people probably really will have a much more difficult time selling their properties.

Edit: I should clarify that I agree the comment about this being hate speech is ridonkulous, but I disagree with your premise that all hate speech is made up to silence others.

I agree that there is hateful speech. My issue is with criminalizing speech, which is what the various hate speech laws are intended to do. When you criminalize something you are attempting to suppress/stop it....thus my statement about the term being used to silence others.

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-05-09, 20:34

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I agree that there is hateful speech. My issue is with criminalizing speech, which is what the various hate speech laws are intended to do. When you criminalize something you are attempting to suppress/stop it....thus my statement about the term being used to silence others.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-05-09, 20:37

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What about speech that incites violence or dehumanizes a group of people so that violence against them is less likely to be abhorrent? There is no line?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-05-09, 20:39

What if someone shouted “he has a gun!!” and people start scattering and one gets hit by a car. Does that person have no responsibility?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-05-09, 20:39

All freedoms have limits in a society. We decide where that limit is.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-05-09, 20:40

And no, I don’t think this person’s signs cross any lines. But the fact that she’s an elected official is pretty hilarious.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-05-09, 20:42

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-05-09, 20:45

Rocinante wrote:What if someone shouted “he has a gun!!” and people start scattering and one gets hit by a car. Does that person have no responsibility?

I don't think that falls into hate speech.   It's much closer to the "Fire" in a crowded theater example of dangerous speech.   That's been out there as a crime since Schenk vs US in 1919.  Do we need to add more crimes?

Bump - I guess Schenk was overturned long ago. I didn't know that.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-using-the-fire-in-a-crowded-theater-quote/264449/

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2018-05-09, 20:49; edited 1 time in total

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-05-09, 20:47

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

What about speech that incites violence or dehumanizes a group of people so that violence against them is less likely to be abhorrent? There is no line?

Again, if a prosecutor wants to try that under a "dangerous speech" prosecution, I say go for it - BUT the line has to be drawn toward allowing most speech.

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-05-09, 20:47

Rocinante wrote:And no, I don’t think this person’s signs cross any lines. But the fact that she’s an elected official is pretty hilarious.

They're both idiots.

But idiocy is not a crime.

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad on 2018-05-14, 22:01

y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by loogoldham on 2018-05-18, 03:22

https://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/most-popular-sex-toys?utm_term=.cgw2DrOeX#.hwplXkK09

Most popular sex toys by state ....

dildo, dildo, dildo, etc. ....// ...

MI: Fleshlight ...

dildo, dildo, dildo ...
loogoldham
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-05-18, 07:13

loogoldham wrote:https://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/most-popular-sex-toys?utm_term=.cgw2DrOeX#.hwplXkK09

dildo, dildo, dildo ...

You didn't scroll far enough to see Rhode Island and D.C., eh?

Also, TIL: I'm way out of touch about the state of the sex toy offerings.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by loogoldham on 2018-05-20, 23:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:
loogoldham wrote:https://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/most-popular-sex-toys?utm_term=.cgw2DrOeX#.hwplXkK09

dildo, dildo, dildo ...

You didn't scroll far enough to see Rhode Island and D.C., eh?

Also, TIL: I'm way out of touch about the state of the sex toy offerings.

what if those two states got together!!
loogoldham
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum