Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mich DEMOCRATIC state rep caught driving drunk again, then kills himself

+3
GRR Spartan
CheesySpartan
tGreenWay
7 posters

Go down

Mich DEMOCRATIC state rep caught driving drunk again, then kills himself Empty Mich DEMOCRATIC state rep caught driving drunk again, then kills himself

Post by tGreenWay 5/9/2017, 3:05 pm

Wow.

http://on.freep.com/2pZYuT3

Last edited by tGreenWay on 5/9/2017, 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Mich DEMOCRATIC state rep caught driving drunk again, then kills himself Empty Re: Mich DEMOCRATIC state rep caught driving drunk again, then kills himself

Post by CheesySpartan 5/9/2017, 3:10 pm

I need to up my game and go for "super drunk" when I drink going forward. No driving though.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Mich DEMOCRATIC state rep caught driving drunk again, then kills himself Empty Re: Mich DEMOCRATIC state rep caught driving drunk again, then kills himself

Post by GRR Spartan 5/9/2017, 3:36 pm

I guess it would be different if the state rep was a member of the GOP?

Its tragic that Mr. Kivela who was in his last term as state rep due to term limits thought his second arrest for DUI could be solved with suicide.

My former state rep Bob Genetski got caught driving drunk once but after his divorce he's back on the public dole as Allegan County Clerk @ $74,300 per year in an elected office that isn't term limited
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 5/9/2017, 3:44 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:I guess it would be different if the state rep was a member of the GOP?

Its tragic that Mr. Kivela who was in his last term as state rep due to term limits thought his second arrest for DUI could be solved with suicide.

My former state rep Bob Genetski got caught driving drunk once but after his divorce he's back on the public dole as Allegan County Clerk @ $74,300 per year in an elected office that isn't term limited

No question in my mind that even county/municipal elected officials should be term limited.

The previous public works commish in Macomb County was a guy named Anthony V. Marrocco.  He held that position for 24 years until Candice Miller ousted him last fall.

Nobody grows up wanting to be public works commissioner for life.  You only hold that job for that long because the salary is enough to supplement whatever else your taking in kickbacks and bribes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/9/2017, 4:52 pm

You accusing me of bias in my thread title, GRR? He was a Democratic state rep. Where's the rub? If he'd been a Republican state rep, I'd've inserted that into the headline. Not everything is a political conspiracy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 5/9/2017, 5:06 pm

Why wasn't it state rep?

You put the label on it.
Genetski got his life straightened out.
Kivela was in his last term and was former mayor of Marquette who won in '16 very comfortably.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 5/9/2017, 5:09 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Mich DEMOCRATIC state rep caught driving drunk again, then kills himself 4e9eca5fc6bed3d79adcf306a0f226bb_drugs-meme-dementia_225-225
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/9/2017, 5:38 pm

Suicide is so tragic. I feel for this guy's family, such a waste. Seems that the owner of "bearingarms.com" a pretty influential gun blog killed himself too in the last 24 hours. Left a wife and 2 kids. I can't think of what would prompt me to do that to my family. The comments about him in some quarters are exceedingly nasty. People are unable to separate the politics from the humanity anymore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/9/2017, 6:18 pm

Fixed it for you, GRR.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 5/9/2017, 7:56 pm

Cameron the cowardly pussy checks in.
Are you a brave asshole face to face or just here?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 5/9/2017, 8:16 pm

Tragic all around. Best to his family who now have to be twice as strong for each other.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 5/9/2017, 9:25 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Cameron the cowardly pussy checks in.
Are you a brave asshole face to face or just here?

Mich DEMOCRATIC state rep caught driving drunk again, then kills himself 502811600 Must have touched a nerve.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 5/10/2017, 7:21 am

Neutral

Last edited by NigelUno on 5/10/2017, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/10/2017, 10:35 am

Oh, noes, Nigel doesn't approve. Mich DEMOCRATIC state rep caught driving drunk again, then kills himself 4198636888
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 5/10/2017, 10:47 am

Neutral

Last edited by NigelUno on 5/10/2017, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 5/10/2017, 1:16 pm

Someone bump the Nigel being weird thread or post the NL east standings, please.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/10/2017, 1:25 pm

I guess if anyone knows childish, it's Nigel.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down