Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can anyone pretend this is normal?

+8
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
DWags
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How can anyone pretend this is normal? Empty How can anyone pretend this is normal?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-12, 10:26

It's all a media creation they tell themselves perhaps?

How can anyone pretend this is normal? Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How can anyone pretend this is normal? Empty Re: How can anyone pretend this is normal?

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-12, 10:32

I just posted it in the Comey thread but if you get a chance read this Washington Post article with survey data. As long as the base is so wildly approving of the president, republicans won't do anything substantive. And they approve of him because they get their information from the propaganda arm of the white house.

wapo link
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How can anyone pretend this is normal? Empty Re: How can anyone pretend this is normal?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 10:37

Rocinante wrote:I just posted it in the Comey thread but if you get a chance read this Washington Post article with survey data. As long as the base is so wildly approving of the president, republicans won't do anything substantive. And they approve of him because they get their information from the propaganda arm of the white house.

wapo link
this.

and you also have to remember that the deplorables who spent 8 years having to endure a smart, educated, respectful black president conduct himself with integrity has created a level of seething hatred for America that they're willing to tolerate most anything as it begins to crumble.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-12, 10:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I just posted it in the Comey thread but if you get a chance read this Washington Post article with survey data. As long as the base is so wildly approving of the president, republicans won't do anything substantive. And they approve of him because they get their information from the propaganda arm of the white house.

wapo link
this.

and you also have to remember that the deplorables who spent 8 years having to endure a smart, educated, respectful black president conduct himself with integrity has created a level of seething hatred for America that they're willing to tolerate most anything as it begins to crumble.

This is a bit over the top but there's definitely something there.

Will read the WaPo a bit later. Thanks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 10:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this.

This is a bit over the top but there's definitely something there.

Will read the WaPo a bit later. Thanks.
if you sit back and remember how the right reacted to Barack Obama and how they now react to the sexual predator, I don't see it as "over the top" at all - their total hatred and disgust for a country that could elect a black man has fueled their tolerance for the current administration.. they are willing to overlook anything in order to watch that country burn.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-12, 10:58

Republicans are complicit in turning our country into an authoritarian oligarchy. Unless there is a major shift in the GOP's mindset stunts like Comey's firing and McConnell holding up a Supreme Court nomination are going be seen as minor league in decade.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-12, 11:03

I'm all for the entertainment, but it's getting a bit weird. President Pence might have to really step up and be a statesman. Hopefully he renounces his past efforts of praying gay away and moves on when he takes over.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-05-12, 11:12

I actually don't think Trump is going to make it. Guy is completely off the rails, and his approval is dropping among uneducated white guys.

He's black mailing Comey over twitter today is completely out of bounds. Screw the Trump voter/supporters, it's time to protect our country from the damage this buffoon will cause.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-12, 11:20

steveschneider wrote:I actually don't think Trump is going to make it. Guy is completely off the rails, and his approval is dropping among uneducated white guys.

He's black mailing Comey over twitter today is completely out of bounds. Screw the Trump voter/supporters, it's time to protect our country from the damage this buffoon will cause.

How will you do this? Armed insurrection? Impeachment of an R President with R's controlling the House and Senate? Or did you have something else in mind?

Keep consoling yourself that the dumbasses are catching on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-12, 11:32

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I actually don't think Trump is going to make it. Guy is completely off the rails, and his approval is dropping among uneducated white guys.

How will you do this?  Armed insurrection?   Impeachment of an R President with R's controlling the House and Senate?  Or did you have something else in mind?

well if they've weren't craven cowards....

But they are, so you're right.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-12, 11:34

And this isn't normal...Leftists working hard everywhere to suppress speech from any other viewpoint.

Matthew Watkins‏Verified account @MWatkinsTrib
Breaking: Texas Southern U confirms it has cancelled its commencement speech by Sen @JohnCornyn . There had been calls to protest @ the HBCU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-05-12, 11:34

LooseGoose wrote:

How will you do this? Armed insurrection? Impeachment of an R President with R's controlling the House and Senate? Or did you have something else in mind?

Nope, he'll go down legally and by the book. Sad.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-12, 11:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How will you do this?  Armed insurrection?   Impeachment of an R President with R's controlling the House and Senate?  Or did you have something else in mind?

lol, yes they could impeach Trump and put a REAL conservative in his place. IF this happens and I give it a 50/50 that Pence does become President somehow - within a month EVERY Leftist will hate Pence with the same fury that they hate Trump. It's what they do. As Bob talks of Right wing Hate he ignores all the hate spewing from the left.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-05-12, 11:36

LooseGoose wrote:And this isn't normal...Leftists working hard everywhere to suppress speech from any other viewpoint.

Breaking: Texas Southern U confirms it has cancelled its commencement speech by Sen @JohnCornyn . There had been calls to protest @ the HBCU

Alert the Red Team the orange messiah is in crisis, send out the right winger silenced on a campus tweets.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-12, 11:39

LooseGoose wrote:

lol, yes they could impeach Trump and put a REAL conservative in his place.   IF this happens and I give it a 50/50 that Pence does become President somehow - within a month EVERY Leftist will hate Pence with the same fury that they hate Trump.   It's what they do.   As Bob talks of Right wing Hate  he ignores all the hate spewing from the left.
If it makes you feel better, I super hate Pence already and think he is the very definition of a monster. But I'm pretty sure he's at least competent enough to not get all of us killed. So that's a plus. Plus he wouldn't have been an elected president, and by the time any of this hypothetical actually happens we'd be pretty darn close to 2018 so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have a chance to do most of his worst maniacally insane ideas.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-12, 11:46

LooseGoose wrote:And this isn't normal...Leftists working hard everywhere to suppress speech from any other viewpoint.

Picking a different commencement speaker is suppressing his free speech?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-12, 11:50

LooseGoose wrote:

lol, yes they could impeach Trump and put a REAL conservative in his place. IF this happens and I give it a 50/50 that Pence does become President somehow - within a month EVERY Leftist will hate Pence with the same fury that they hate Trump. It's what they do. As Bob talks of Right wing Hate he ignores all the hate spewing from the left.

I hate him and what he stands for now. Taking choices away from women, praying gay away, destroying any semblance of health care for millions of people. But my side lost. I have to eat it for 3 1/2 years. His side won. That's America. But for the love of god, at least we'll sleep at night knowing we don't have a lunatic in chatge
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-12, 11:52

LooseGoose wrote:

Trump is a con man and a buffoon. The "hate" for Trump is a recognition that he's a con man and a buffoon. Surely, someone who called him an "asshole" understands that. This isn't a purely left vs. right political issue. You know that...you just won't admit it...any more.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-12, 11:55

LooseGoose wrote:

lol, yes they could impeach Trump and put a REAL conservative in his place.   IF this happens and I give it a 50/50 that Pence does become President somehow - within a month EVERY Leftist will hate Pence with the same fury that they hate Trump.   It's what they do.   As Bob talks of Right wing Hate  he ignores all the hate spewing from the left.
If it makes you feel better, I super hate Pence already and think he is the very definition of a monster. But I'm pretty sure he's at least competent enough to not get all of us killed. So that's a plus. Plus he wouldn't have been an elected president, and by the time any of this hypothetical actually happens we'd be pretty darn close to 2018 so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have a chance to do most of his worst maniacally insane ideas.

Well stupid minds think alike. Wrote mine without reading yours.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 12:00

NigelUno wrote:

for the republican snowflakes?

absolutely.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-12, 12:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

absolutely.

Goose left out the part about Texas Southern inviting him back to speak to students in the future.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-12, 12:15

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

absolutely.

Goose left out the part about Texas Southern inviting him back to speak to students in the future.

I loved the Devos speech last week. WTF did they think would happen when they let a blatant racist speak at a predominantly black college?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-05-12, 12:27

LooseGoose wrote:

Pence >>>> Trump

Yes, he's a fundamentalist christian nut but at least he'll uphold a level of normalcy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-12, 12:46

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I hate him and what he stands for now. Taking choices away from women, praying gay away, destroying any semblance of health care for millions of people.  But my side lost. I have to eat it for 3 1/2 years. His side won.  That's America. But for the love of god, at least we'll sleep at night knowing we don't have a lunatic in chatge

I realize that Trump is a buffoon.   But for any honest person to say the Dem reaction to his election is abnormal tells me they're uninformed or kidding themselves.   Think I'm full of shit?  OK, I'll provide you with some history - if you dispute it, look it up.   If you want to call me a liar then I'll provide you a link and wait for an apology.

The Democrat playbook has been to delegitimize the election of any R President.   Think back to 2000.   Gore was so much smarter than Bush, so much more qualified than Bush.   The media convinced many of that including most if not all of you and you still believe it today.  

Strangely the educational facts tell a different story - it'll be interesting to see degreed people here argue that all that means nothing.   But the facts are that George W. Bush had a higher undergraduate GPA than Gore.   Bush also earned an MBA from Harvard.   Gore dropped out of 2 different post graduate programs and never obtained an advanced degree.

And never forget that Gore invented the internet.....ooops...well that sounds like something Trump would say.

But carrying on from the the media did all they could to help Gore over the finish line.   They dumped an old DUI of Bush's on the weekend before the election.   They called Florida before the polls were closed in the panhandle thus suppressing the GOP vote there.

After the election and in the 16 years since the Dems have done everything they can to plant doubt over who won the election.  This in spite of EVERY count and recount done by ANY organization has ALWAYS shown bush to have won Florida.  Yet we still hear how the Supreme Court "gave" Bush the election.  It's bullshit and they know it.

And now?  With Trump?   Again, I realize that Trump is a buffoon.  I've said here many times.   I've hoped his advisers would steer him along and he'd do OK.   So far he's not made any hugely wrong decisions that affect the country.  Maybe that will remain the case, maybe it won't.   I don't know.   But I seethe with anger every time I hear this "Russian" shit because I know it's a fucking replay of Florida.   It's spoiled little brat Dems not being able to admit they lost.  Because of that that're willing to sow every seed of discord they can.  They're willing to tear this country apart so they can somehow score a "win".

And all of you go along and support them in that.   Fine.   Just remember the old saw about reaping the whirlwind.   Trump's election was a peaceable whirlwind, I hope it's the only one.

Tell me how this would have been played if the parties were reversed????
Police: Woman followed then threatened Congressman David Kustoff
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 12:53

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I hate him and what he stands for now. Taking choices away from women, praying gay away, destroying any semblance of health care for millions of people.  But my side lost. I have to eat it for 3 1/2 years. His side won.  That's America. But for the love of god, at least we'll sleep at night knowing we don't have a lunatic in chatge

I realize that Trump is a buffoon.   But for any honest person to say the Dem reaction to his election is abnormal tells me they're uninformed or kidding themselves.   Think I'm full of shit?  OK, I'll provide you with some history - if you dispute it, look it up.   If you want to call me a liar then I'll provide you a link and wait for an apology.

The Democrat playbook has been to delegitimize the election of any R President.   Think back to 2000.   Gore was so much smarter than Bush, so much more qualified than Bush.   The media convinced many of that including most if not all of you and you still believe it today.  

Strangely the educational facts tell a different story - it'll be interesting to see degreed people here argue that all that means nothing.   But the facts are that George W. Bush had a higher undergraduate GPA than Gore.   Bush also earned an MBA from Harvard.   Gore dropped out of 2 different post graduate programs and never obtained an advanced degree.

And never forget that Gore invented the internet.....ooops...well that sounds like something Trump would say.

But carrying on from the the media did all they could to help Gore over the finish line.   They dumped an old DUI of Bush's on the weekend before the election.   They called Florida before the polls were closed in the panhandle thus suppressing the GOP vote there.

After the election and in the 16 years since the Dems have done everything they can to plant doubt over who won the election.  This in spite of EVERY count and recount done by ANY organization has ALWAYS shown bush to have won Florida.  Yet we still hear how the Supreme Court "gave" Bush the election.  It's bullshit and they know it.

And now?  With Trump?   Again, I realize that Trump is a buffoon.  I've said here many times.   I've hoped his advisers would steer him along and he'd do OK.   So far he's not made any hugely wrong decisions that affect the country.  Maybe that will remain the case, maybe it won't.   I don't know.   But I seethe with anger every time I hear this "Russian" shit because I know it's a fucking replay of Florida.   It's spoiled little brat Dems not being able to admit they lost.  Because of that that're willing to sow every seed of discord they can.  They're willing to tear this country apart so they can somehow score a "win".

And all of you go along and support them in that.   Fine.   Just remember the old saw about reaping the whirlwind.   Trump's election was a peaceable whirlwind, I hope it's the only one.

while you're strolling down memory lane, could you please submit a lengthy story about how republicans treated Barack Obama with nothing but class and respect at every turn?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 12:54

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

oh - and, no offense, because you know I dig you.. but you're really coming across like a fragile little snowflake when someone says something you don't like about your president.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-12, 13:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

while you're strolling down memory lane, could you please submit a lengthy story about how republicans treated Barack Obama with nothing but class and respect at every turn?

They impeached Clinton. But goose doesn't mind.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 13:04

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:while you're strolling down memory lane, could you please submit a lengthy story about how republicans treated Barack Obama with nothing but class and respect at every turn?

They impeached Clinton. But goose doesn't mind.
yeah he left that part out.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-12, 13:04

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Now that you covered all of the deflection talking points, care to get back on topic?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 13:04

oh - and this would be a good time to bring up that night when Hillary Clinton killed 4 brave Americans in Benghazi with her email server.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 13:14

Fox News Host Attacks Barack Obama For Putting Mustard On His Burger

Fox News host Sean Hannity said "man of the people" Obama ordered a "fancy burger" with a "very special condiment" and ran the caption "President Poupon."

How can anyone pretend this is normal? Hqdefault

How can anyone pretend this is normal? 1550444538
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-05-12, 13:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

oh - and, no offense, because you know I dig you.. but you're really coming across like a fragile little snowflake when someone says something you don't like about your president.

Bob using one of his favorite buzzwords "snowflake" in an attempt to have a healthy debate. Rolling Eyes
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 13:23

GOP Congressman Outraged That Barack Obama Wore a Tan Suit

Summer suits, according to Rep. King, are not appropriate garb for talking about terrorism or ISIS, and especially when the President says he doesn’t have a strategy to deal with the resurgence of terrorism.

“For him to walk out — I’m not trying to be trivial here — in a light suit, light tan suit, saying that first he wants to talk about what most Americans care about the revision of second quarter numbers on the economy,” he seethed.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 13:24

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh - and, no offense, because you know I dig you.. but you're really coming across like a fragile little snowflake when someone says something you don't like about your president.

Bob using one of his favorite buzzwords "snowflake" in an attempt to have a healthy debate. Rolling Eyes
I'm sorry that you're upset about me using the word "snowflake".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-12, 13:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:GOP Congressman Outraged That Barack Obama Wore a Tan Suit

Summer suits, according to Rep. King, are not appropriate garb for talking about terrorism or ISIS, and especially when the President says he doesn’t have a strategy to deal with the resurgence of terrorism.

“For him to walk out — I’m not trying to be trivial here — in a light suit, light tan suit, saying that first he wants to talk about what most Americans care about the revision of second quarter numbers on the economy,” he seethed.

I believe that was a signal between the colored boy and Muslim terrorists that all was well. Summer suits have many uses.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-12, 13:33

Don't forget how Barack and Michelle were terrorists because they bumped fists.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 13:34

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:GOP Congressman Outraged That Barack Obama Wore a Tan Suit

I believe that was a signal between the colored boy and Muslim terrorists that all was well. Summer suits have many uses.
it's a good thing the GOP never disparaged a Democrat.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-12, 13:35

And don't forget how Dems claimed Barack is gay and Michelle really a dude.
Oh wait...
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-12, 13:55

I'll take Pence. Don't give two fucks if I differ from him on issues. Where do I sign him up?

I'm sure the left would have issues with Pence. But if anyone thinks it would reach this decibel level they are kidding themselves. There's a reason it has reached this decibel level, and unfortunately many of us realize it's only going to get louder because the buffoon will continue to buffoon.

Trump is well beyond the D vs. R battle at this point. He's a danger to all of us.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-12, 13:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'll take Pence. Don't give two fucks if I differ from him on issues. Where do I sign him up?

I'm sure the left would have issues with Pence. But if anyone thinks it would reach this decibel level they are kidding themselves. There's a reason it has reached this decibel level, and unfortunately many of us realize it's only going to get louder because the buffoon will continue to buffoon.

Trump is well beyond the D vs. R battle at this point. He's a danger to all of us.
I'll take Pence - religious kooks are fun to mock....

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next