Craft beer

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by InTenSity on 2015-01-07, 14:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:as if I needed another reason to want to go to HopCat, this thread gets bumped..

Bob, I had a 17th Anniversary beer from He'Brew, it is called Jewbilation 17th Anniversary. It had 17 malts, 17 hops and 17% ABV. It wasn't that great IMO, just wasn't what I was expecting. I thought I'd share that with you. The Pibbers have been ok, but after 2 I get a headache.

_________________
Finally! Back to the Future!
avatar
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10371
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2015-01-07, 14:59

InTenSity wrote:
Bob, I had a 17th Anniversary beer from He'Brew, it is called Jewbilation 17th Anniversary. It had 17 malts, 17 hops and 17% ABV. It wasn't that great IMO, just wasn't what I was expecting. I thought I'd share that with you. The Pibbers have been ok, but after 2 I get a headache.


thanks, man - I was at Zoobies the other night. Not sure if you're familiar with it but it's sort of this place where a bunch of yuppies hang out at and pretend that they're edgy..

anyway - I only went because a buddy of mine wanted to go there.. and he's sort of a yuppie who likes to hang out there and pretend that he's edgy. I had one beer and then found myself down at The Unicorn with a PBR and a shot of Jack..

to each their own, I guess.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21664
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Chitown_Badger on 2015-01-07, 18:57

Picked up some central waters brewers reserve bourbon barrel stout (good shit) and founders curmudgeon when I was home over the holidays. May crack one of those for the game tonight.

Central Waters
avatar
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 537
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2015-01-08, 07:22

Drank my one bottle of Black Note Stout the other night and followed it with a KBS. I'll take the Black Note any time over a KBS, although they are both really good.

_________________
I'm wearing khaki
avatar
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1670
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by The Pantry on 2015-03-21, 13:22

Just picked up a bottle of KBS (thanks again WBH!). Love stouts but have never tried this one. Hoping it is not as sweet as Bell's Expedition.

It's currently at room temp which I think is too warm. Putting it in the garage which is around 55°

Anyone have a suggested temp to enjoy this $10 beer?
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Ass Dan on 2015-03-21, 13:39

The Pantry wrote:Just picked up a bottle of KBS (thanks again WBH!). Love stouts but have never tried this one. Hoping it is not as sweet as Bell's Expedition.

It's currently at room temp which I think is too warm. Putting it in the garage which is around 55°

Anyone have a suggested temp to enjoy this $10 beer?

45 degrees is ideal. I'd chill a glass in the freezer and dump a room temp beer in the glass and wait two minutes. That'll get you the results you're looking for
avatar
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3229
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 25
Location : Canton, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Herbie Green on 2015-03-21, 13:56

The Pantry wrote:Just picked up a bottle of KBS (thanks again WBH!). Love stouts but have never tried this one. Hoping it is not as sweet as Bell's Expedition.

It's currently at room temp which I think is too warm. Putting it in the garage which is around 55°

Anyone have a suggested temp to enjoy this $10 beer?

If you paid $10 for a beer you might as well just shove it up your ass
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 4855
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Ass Dan on 2015-03-21, 13:57

Herbie Green wrote:

If you paid $10 for a beer you might as well just shove it up your ass

Shut your stupid fucking mouth you idiot
avatar
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3229
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 25
Location : Canton, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by GirbaudJeans on 2015-03-21, 14:02

Ass Dan wrote:

45 degrees is ideal. I'd chill a glass in the freezer and dump a room temp beer in the glass and wait two minutes. That'll get you the results you're looking for

Not for an imperial stout. You are good at 55.
avatar
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 270
Join date : 2014-04-24
Age : 40
Location : Austin, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by The Pantry on 2015-03-24, 16:21

The KBS was spectacular.  Surprisingly not boozy for 11.2 ABV.  No where near as sweet as Expedition.  Very subtle coffee, chocolate, and vanilla tones.

Went back to the store and talked them into selling me one more.  Going to save it to celebrate getting to the F4.

Saw an email from Holiday Market.  They were selling for $5.49 a bottle, limit 2, first come first serve last Thursday.  Have heard rumor it is selling for $30/bottle in AA.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by InTenSity on 2015-03-24, 16:34

I can find Founders Breakfast Stout in Miami, but I'm assuming that is not KBS. I'm not a big stout drinker, but would be willing to try it, is it worth it?

_________________
Finally! Back to the Future!
avatar
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10371
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by The Pantry on 2015-03-24, 16:39

Worth $10 a bottle? No. But it is very good and worth a try.

Saw some guy selling a 4-pack of 2011 online for $70. 2011 was supposed to be a really good batch.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by GirbaudJeans on 2015-03-24, 16:45

The Pantry wrote:Worth $10 a bottle? No. But it is very good and worth a try.

Saw some guy selling a 4-pack of 2011 online for $70. 2011 was supposed to be a really good batch.

That's just stupid. I like this beer much more fresh than with any age on it. The coffee is what makes this beer awesome.
avatar
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 270
Join date : 2014-04-24
Age : 40
Location : Austin, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Triple Sparty on 2015-03-24, 17:01

Is "craft" beer for guys like purses and shoes for women?
avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by GirbaudJeans on 2015-03-24, 17:32

Triple Sparty wrote:Is "craft" beer for guys like purses and shoes for women?

No, neither of those get you drunk.
avatar
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 270
Join date : 2014-04-24
Age : 40
Location : Austin, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by I.B. Fine on 2015-03-24, 17:46

Triple Sparty wrote:Is "craft" beer for guys like purses and shoes for women?

You sound like a guy that enjoys a nice cold Natty Lite with your Domino's pizza.

It's a question of quality vs quantity, I'd rather have a couple flavorful beers than a 12 pack of piss. You tell me how that relates to shoes and purses.
avatar
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2260
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : Namaste, Bitches

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Ass Dan on 2015-03-24, 21:55

Triple Sparty wrote:Is "craft" beer for guys like purses and shoes for women?

Are you insinuating that you're tougher than us for drinking throw up juice?
avatar
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3229
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 25
Location : Canton, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Triple Sparty on 2015-03-24, 22:46

I.B. Fine wrote:

You sound like a guy that enjoys a nice cold Natty Lite with your Domino's pizza.

It's a question of quality vs quantity, I'd rather have a couple flavorful beers than a 12 pack of piss. You tell me how that relates to shoes and purses.

Actually, I don't mix beer and 'za. Too filling.
avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Triple Sparty on 2015-03-24, 22:51

Ass Dan wrote:

Are you insinuating that you're tougher than us for drinking throw up juice?

No. I'm sure you could kick my ass. But that's okay; I don't need a thermometer to drink my beer. I drink it anywhere from ice cold to piss warm.
avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Ass Dan on 2015-03-24, 22:52

Triple Sparty wrote:

No. I'm sure you could kick my ass. But that's okay; I don't need a thermometer to drink my beer. I drink it anywhere from ice cold to piss warm.

Well that's gross. It's last to admit that beer isn't good sometimes.
avatar
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3229
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 25
Location : Canton, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Heat Miser on 2015-03-24, 23:00

InTenSity wrote:I can find Founders Breakfast Stout in Miami, but I'm assuming that is not KBS. I'm not a big stout drinker, but would be willing to try it, is it worth it?

Have you tried Wynwood brewery yet? Pretty good stuff. I hear the owner is from Michigan. Hope he's not a SCummer.
avatar
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Posts : 4256
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2015-05-26, 12:05

Wow, my Publix is now carrying Founders IPA! Over the last few months my Publix has really upped it's craft beer selection. Not great, but good for them, and if I don't feel like driving 7-10 miles to a Total Wine, I can actually get a couple of decent six packs there now.
avatar
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2033
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by InTenSity on 2015-05-26, 12:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:Wow, my Publix is now carrying Founders IPA! Over the last few months my Publix has really upped it's craft beer selection. Not great, but good for them, and if I don't feel like driving 7-10 miles to a Total Wine, I can actually get a couple of decent six packs there now.
The bigger stores have decent selections, the smaller stores are limited.

_________________
Finally! Back to the Future!
avatar
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10371
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2015-05-26, 22:51

Two hearted hitting the spot
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20178
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Ass Dan on 2015-05-27, 07:19

Brewery just opened up in Canton, went to check it out the other day. It was okay, no food, six different beers and not a terribly knowledgeable staff. We'll see if it stays in business, I suspect not though.
avatar
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3229
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 25
Location : Canton, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by The Pantry on 2015-06-18, 17:53

Trying Griffin Claw Grand Trunk (Bohemian Pilsner, Czech style) for the first time. Pretty good and nice change of pace from the mostly IPA track I've been on.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by The Pantry on 2016-02-24, 19:04

Had never tried this before last night



Not a fan. At least it was named correctly.

Really like their Maximus, though
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by SpartanInNH on 2016-02-24, 19:24

Mmmmmmmmm.

Bright Idea ON TAP!
German Helles style Ale
5.0%ABV 19 IBU 4SRM
In an effort to create a super refreshing crisp lager-like ale, Aleman had the Bright Idea to re-invent one of the most popular German lager styles into a clean, innovative cold fermented thirst quenching ale. Edison said, “To have a great Idea, have a lot of them”. As a lawn mowing companion or a compliment to the end of a hard day trying to make things work, kick back relax and let Aleman be your guide to a few Bright Ideas!

Canterbury AleWorks | What's on Tap?
avatar
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3664
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : The Heart of the Matter

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-03-12, 06:36

Caves of beer: How brewers age Founders KBS

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30233
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 96
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by The Pantry on 2016-03-15, 18:27

LooseGoose wrote:Caves of beer: How brewers age Founders KBS
Checked the link. High school kids could write the article and produce the vid better than the Freep tools.

Local beer store guy said he's getting his KBS shipment next week.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by By-Tor on 2016-03-16, 10:44

I've been downing Ballast Point's Grapefruit Sculpin like no one's business recently.
avatar
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 945
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2016-07-19, 21:52

I'm not this guy but starting to like IPAs and Girbaud had me try a few that were excellent this weekend. Dripa, from that brewery in Warren. And Short's Cat's Pajamas, which is a double IPA with some kinda orange flavoring that I dig.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14561
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-07-19, 21:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not this guy but starting to like IPAs and Girbaud had me try a few that were excellent this weekend. Dripa, from that brewery in Warren. And Short's Cat's Pajamas, which is a double IPA with some kinda orange flavoring that I dig.

WBH!? Nice I love it!
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20178
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-07-19, 22:11

Fucking craft beers - if you're paying over $0.45 a beer you're getting robbed.



_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30233
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 96
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-07-19, 22:13

LooseGoose wrote:Fucking craft beers - if you're paying over $0.45 a beer you're getting robbed.





Fucking $6 for a pint most places. Probably more - depending on location. Got a old dive bar with some pinball/shuffleboard/foosball/other arcade games that has $2 coors and other cheap shit like a block away from me. No food. Love that place.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20178
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by The Pantry on 2016-07-19, 22:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not this guy but starting to like IPAs and Girbaud had me try a few that were excellent this weekend. Dripa, from that brewery in Warren. And Short's Cat's Pajamas, which is a double IPA with some kinda orange flavoring that I dig.
Does this mean I won't be able to pick up your Hopslam allotment at the corner store next Jan/Feb?
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2016-07-19, 23:08

Hopslam was what made me realize I kinda like hoppy, IPA beers. So yeah I'll be hoping to land some next year.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14561
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by y2kMgrad on 2016-07-19, 23:32

Didn't read the whole thread but last week I picked up a 4 pack of Founders reDANKulous from Meijer. It was pretty delicious.
avatar
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 748
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2016-07-20, 00:30

y2kMgrad wrote:Didn't read the whole thread but last week I picked up a 4 pack of Founders reDANKulous from Meijer. It was pretty delicious.

I miss Founders. With that said, there are a shit ton of options out here as well. I still have a lot of brewery hopping to do.

Although, I miss Bell's Two Hearted the most. Parents brought a shit ton out here when they visited.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20178
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Craft beer

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2016-07-20, 00:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:Didn't read the whole thread but last week I picked up a 4 pack of Founders reDANKulous from Meijer. It was pretty delicious.

I miss Founders. With that said, there are a shit ton of options out here as well. I still have a lot of brewery hopping to do.

Although, I miss Bell's Two Hearted the most. Parents brought a shit ton out here when they visited.

I'm starting to try to get away from drinking piss beer all the time. Grabbed some Founders Centenniel IPA last weekend and enjoyed it..that stuff will put you on your ass too. Similar to Two Hearted.  Still a total rookie when it comes to this stuff though..anyone have a 6 pack recommendation?

_________________
Camarón que se duerme, se lo lleva la corriente
avatar
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3649
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 23
Location : EL

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum