Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craft beer

+62
Izzo Court
Rocinante
CORNER BLITZ
AvgMSUJoe
Banks2Mason
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Senior Dickfist
Da Mayor
Bill Cain
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
NigelUno
P Rob
GRR Spartan
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
AnomanderRake
CheesySpartan
y2kMgrad
SpartanInNH
Other Teams Pursuing That
Heat Miser
Triple Sparty
I.B. Fine
Herbie Green
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
89akerholic
19Spartan95
Fingercuffs
Spartanic
Dr Draymond
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
Green Note
SeeRockCity
Keith Stone
Spartan95
Cool Runnings
tKid
InTenSity
The Pantry
Townie
WhiteBoyHatcher
Phil McCrackin
TravelinMan
MiamiSpartan
By-Tor
Spartan_MJ
pulling69
Spartan Nachos
MSUgöat
Youngblood 96
Munn Field
GirbaudJeans
Cosmo_Kramer
I Still Hate Weber State
J T
bulldogg
Ass Dan
66 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Craft beer - Page 8 Empty Re: Craft beer

Post by Robert J Sakimano 23/03/18, 11:05 am

DWags wrote:Not going to read through  all of this, but has anyone ever been to the 7 monks tap room in GR?
I haven't.

I'm a loyalist to a fault when it comes to going to newer places. I find what I like and stick to them - I should probably start to branch out one of these days.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 23/03/18, 11:34 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Not going to read through  all of this, but has anyone ever been to the 7 monks tap room in GR?
I haven't.

I'm a loyalist to a fault when it comes to going to newer places. I find what I like and stick to them - I should probably start to branch out one of these days.

Nephews surprise 30th tomorrow. I wanted to know hotel proximity as much as anything. I’ll be drinking three fingers of vodka on the rocks. Unless they have Budweiser
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 23/03/18, 11:35 am

There’s a beer I drank often, then I noticed it dropped off for a little bit and then I saw it back on the shelf same price but in a 4 pack. What happened to the other two beers? I’m shocked I don’t see more beer lovers calling out the 4 pack.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 23/03/18, 12:34 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I haven't.

Nephews surprise 30th tomorrow. I wanted to know hotel proximity as much as anything. I’ll be drinking three fingers of vodka on the rocks. Unless they have Budweiser
yea, for me - any sort of 'get-togethers' like that usually require alcohol before, during and, sometimes, after.

spending Easter in the bible belt - Shocked  - already been invited to an aunt's house for Easter dinner - yikes. I'll have to get tanked before I get there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 23/03/18, 12:48 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

yea, for me - any sort of 'get-togethers' like that usually require alcohol before, during and, sometimes, after.

spending Easter in the bible belt - Shocked  - already been invited to an aunt's house for Easter dinner - yikes. I'll have to get tanked before I get there.

My nephew is pretty cool. My niece his sister is throwing this.  She's a PA on that side of the state, it's her brother blah blah.  Only problem is that the Niece married into a full fledged michigan grad, buy the season tickets guy.  I was at his tailgate this fall for the game.  I like the Nephew in law, but that sid has a bunch of wolverines.  I'm gonna be miserable Saturday as Michigan is beating FSU.   My daughter and I will have a hard time with the cheering there.  Oh well.   

Anyway, I found a hotel called the Grand River Hotel about 3 miles from it.  It looks fairly seedy.  I'll get drunk enough to just fall asleep, wife and kids will bring their cocoons to sleep in on top of the bed.   Meh.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 23/03/18, 12:50 pm

I've been to 7 monks in TC. Cool place.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 26/03/18, 04:16 pm

Not a huge Oberon guy but I stopped to get one at bdubs on the way home today bc I had a gift card. Pretty good. I’ll order two hearted over Oberon every time though
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 27/03/18, 07:22 am

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

My nephew is pretty cool. My niece his sister is throwing this.  She's a PA on that side of the state, it's her brother blah blah.  Only problem is that the Niece married into a full fledged michigan grad, buy the season tickets guy.  I was at his tailgate this fall for the game.  I like the Nephew in law, but that sid has a bunch of wolverines.  I'm gonna be miserable Saturday as Michigan is beating FSU.   My daughter and I will have a hard time with the cheering there.  Oh well.   

Anyway, I found a hotel called the Grand River Hotel about 3 miles from it.  It looks fairly seedy.  I'll get drunk enough to just fall asleep, wife and kids will bring their cocoons to sleep in on top of the bed.   Meh.
how'd it go??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 27/03/18, 08:07 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

how'd it go??

Hotel was actually not bad.  Right on the river.  7 monks had Hamms beer on tap, that was close enough.  Food was decent.   Enjoyed the night.  I'd go back.  Not for the beer.  i tried a couple sips of my daughters beer she was enjoying, don't remember the name, not my style .
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 27/03/18, 08:14 am

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
how'd it go??

Hotel was actually not bad.  Right on the river.  7 monks had Hamms beer on tap, that was close enough.  Food was decent.   Enjoyed the night.  I'd go back.  Not for the beer.  i tried a couple sips of my daughters beer she was enjoying, don't remember the name, not my style .
you're my kinda dude.

(not in a weird way..).

glad you had a good time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 16/04/18, 05:16 pm

Stopped at the corner store on the way home. Owner said he had two new beers for me to try. One was this

Bells Hopsoulution

The other was in a Founders box. Opened it to discover it was Backwoods Bastard. Stuff is usually released in the fall. Either Founders decided to brew another batch or they found some in the warehouse. Asked how much he wanted for a 4-pack...$24. Laughed at him because that's more than he charged for KBS.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 16/04/18, 05:48 pm

I just saw KBS at a local store for the first time, $24 for a 4 pack, is it worth it?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 16/04/18, 07:21 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:I just saw KBS at a local store for the first time, $24 for a 4 pack, is it worth it?

Yeah, it's worth it. You're not going to drink the 4 pack in one sitting so it will last a little while.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 16/04/18, 07:44 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:I just saw KBS at a local store for the first time, $24 for a 4 pack, is it worth it?
The KBS around here sold out probably a month ago. Sold for $8-10 a bottle. Your local store has probably been sitting on it to jack the price.

If you've never tried it, it's worth it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 16/04/18, 10:44 pm

Hopslam is overrated
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 16/04/18, 10:58 pm

The Pantry wrote:Stopped at the corner store on the way home.  Owner said he had two new beers for me to try.  One was this

Bells Hopsoulution

The other was in a Founders box.  Opened it to discover it was Backwoods Bastard.  Stuff is usually released in the fall.  Either Founders decided to brew another batch or they found some in the warehouse.  Asked how much he wanted for a 4-pack...$24.  Laughed at him because that's more than he charged for KBS.

I think I read that Founders decided they're going to start selling Backwards Bastard year round now. I picked up a case of Founders Solid Gold a couple days ago, which I think is their Budweiser. I don't know if I'd call it a craft beer, but it's pretty good for the price.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 17/04/18, 05:50 pm

Bill Cain wrote:Hopslam is overrated
At negative one, you're overrated.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 17/04/18, 05:55 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Stopped at the corner store on the way home.  Owner said he had two new beers for me to try.  One was this

Bells Hopsoulution

The other was in a Founders box.  Opened it to discover it was Backwoods Bastard.  Stuff is usually released in the fall.  Either Founders decided to brew another batch or they found some in the warehouse.  Asked how much he wanted for a 4-pack...$24.  Laughed at him because that's more than he charged for KBS.

I think I read that Founders decided they're going to start selling Backwards Bastard year round now. I picked up a case of Founders Solid Gold a couple days ago, which I think is their Budweiser. I don't know if I'd call it a craft beer, but it's pretty good for the price.
Stopped at the store again this evening. Owner adjusted the price of a 4-pack down from $23.99 to $16.99, which is far more reasonable. Bought an entire case last fall for $85.

Would be cool if Founders started selling it year round...price might come down some.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 17/04/18, 06:41 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Bill Cain wrote:Hopslam is overrated
At negative one, you're overrated.

Sipping on a hopslam right now. Confirmed not overrated
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 17/04/18, 06:52 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:
The Pantry wrote:At negative one, you're overrated.

Good thing you're drinking it now because it's nearing the end of its shelf life Craft beer - Page 8 969504605
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 17/04/18, 07:16 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

Good thing you're drinking it now because it's nearing the end of its shelf life Craft beer - Page 8 969504605

One more after this new one I just cracked :( might just go for it and drink it tonight. This stuff makes me feel really good Craft beer - Page 8 502811600
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 17/04/18, 07:24 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Good thing you're drinking it now because it's nearing the end of its shelf life Craft beer - Page 8 969504605

One more after this new one I just cracked :( might just go for it and drink it tonight. This stuff makes me feel really good Craft beer - Page 8 502811600
That happens with 10% ABVs

The Bells Hopsoulution I picked up last night is pretty good but not a Hopslam substitute. 8% and a little on the sweet side. It lists a 3 month shelf life along with the bottling date on the label.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 17/04/18, 07:27 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

That happens with 10% ABVs

The Bells Hopsoulution I picked up last night is pretty good but not a Hopslam substitute. 8% and a little on the sweet side. It lists a 3 month shelf life along with the bottling date on the label.

Hadn’t even heard about that before I opened this thread. I’ll have to check it out

Not that it really matters, but it seems lame that Hopslam came in cans this year. A bottle is cooler.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 17/04/18, 07:34 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:
The Pantry wrote:That happens with 10% ABVs

Hadn’t even heard about that before I opened this thread. I’ll have to check it out

Not that it really matters, but it seems lame that Hopslam came in cans this year. A bottle is cooler.
Hopslam has been in cans the last 2 or 3 years. Not sure why they switched from bottles. Maybe it cuts losses from shipping breakage.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/04/18, 11:10 pm

Had a few Miller Lites the other night. Craft beer was making me fat.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 24/04/18, 11:28 pm

I have a new favorite beer. M-43 is delicious.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 24/04/18, 11:57 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have a new favorite beer. M-43 is delicious.
meh. It's like a more murky Oberon
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 25/04/18, 01:01 am

The Pantry wrote:
meh. It's like a more murky Oberon

True, but you can't get it out of state and beer nerds have become aware of the M-43. I am going to bring a large quantity back to VA the next time I drive to MI and resell them for booku bucks. F you Uncle Sam!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 25/04/18, 09:36 am

My gf lives pretty close to Old Nation in Williamston. It's one of those beers where you take the first sip and you're like "I could drink 10 of these" .. then it fills you up after a pint. Fantastic beer though.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 25/04/18, 09:50 am

Yeah I don't know about drinking 10. I never seem to have more than a beer or two at a time these days. If I'm session drinking it's more often than not vodka.

It is good shit, though.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/04/18, 10:04 am

drove to North Carolina a few weeks back.. driving sucks. I'd fly to Meijer if I could.. but we drove.

anyway, the upside was I could bring back some illegal moonshine (which I did) and I grabbed a case of Yeungling. Yeah, it's very average beer, but because you can't buy it in Michigan, it was worth the space it took up in the back of the car.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 25/04/18, 10:32 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:drove to North Carolina a few weeks back.. driving sucks. I'd fly to Meijer if I could.. but we drove.

anyway, the upside was I could bring back some illegal moonshine (which I did) and I grabbed a case of Yeungling. Yeah, it's very average beer, but because you can't buy it in Michigan, it was worth the space it took up in the back of the car.

The best "normal" beer I've had, by far
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 25/04/18, 10:35 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah I don't know about drinking 10. I never seem to have more than a beer or two at a time these days. If I'm session drinking it's more often than not vodka.

It is good shit, though.

Are you mixing something with that vodka wbh
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/04/18, 10:37 am

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:drove to North Carolina a few weeks back.. driving sucks. I'd fly to Meijer if I could.. but we drove.

The best "normal" beer I've had, by far
I enjoy pounding a few of them. Like I said, if you could buy in Michigan, I'd pick some up periodically, but it would probably rank along the lines of a Labatt's or something for me.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 25/04/18, 10:40 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah I don't know about drinking 10. I never seem to have more than a beer or two at a time these days. If I'm session drinking it's more often than not vodka.

It is good shit, though.

Are you mixing something with that vodka wbh

No I just drink it out of the bottle.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 25/04/18, 10:42 am

Every time I'm back in Michigan I drop like eighty bucks on beer at Odies B10 and bring it home. The M43 was amazing. I really like the stuff I got out of Arcadia as well. I can't remember the name of the stuff, but it was probably just their basic IPA.

I like the Ann Arbor Brewing company beers as well. You guys are lucky, you live in a great beer state.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/04/18, 10:45 am

steveschneider wrote:Every time I'm back in Michigan I drop like eighty bucks on beer at Odies B10 and bring it home. The M43 was amazing. I really like the stuff I got out of Arcadia as well. I can't remember the name of the stuff, but it was probably just their basic IPA.

I like the Ann Arbor Brewing company beers as well. You guys are lucky, you live in a great beer state.
that reminds me.. I brought back an assortment of craft IPA's from Asheville for a buddy up here.. he's still working on them, but said he digs the ones he's tried.

I stick with the moonshine and cheap beers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 25/04/18, 10:53 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Every time I'm back in Michigan I drop like eighty bucks on beer at Odies B10 and bring it home. The M43 was amazing. I really like the stuff I got out of Arcadia as well. I can't remember the name of the stuff, but it was probably just their basic IPA.

that reminds me.. I brought back an assortment of craft IPA's from Asheville for a buddy up here.. he's still working on them, but said he digs the ones he's tried.

Yeah, these days I’m sticking to gin and occasionaly a miller lite or two. Attacking the beer gut and making progress.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 25/04/18, 11:04 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Green Man? Wicked Weed?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/04/18, 11:12 am

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: that reminds me.. I brought back an assortment of craft IPA's from Asheville for a buddy up here.. he's still working on them, but said he digs the ones he's tried.

Yeah, these days I’m sticking to gin and occasionaly a miller lite or two. Attacking the beer gut and making progress.
Craft beer - Page 8 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next