Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So long Chris Cornell, passed away after playing in Detroit

+12
SawGreen
Floyd Robertson
P Rob
steveschneider
The Pantry
DWags
InTenSity
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
pulling69
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So long Chris Cornell, passed away after playing in Detroit Empty So long Chris Cornell, passed away after playing in Detroit

Post by pulling69 2017-05-18, 05:05

Thank You....

pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So long Chris Cornell, passed away after playing in Detroit Empty Re: So long Chris Cornell, passed away after playing in Detroit

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-05-18, 06:51

Sucks.

I'm pretty sure he fell on black days and it's an OD
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So long Chris Cornell, passed away after playing in Detroit Empty Re: So long Chris Cornell, passed away after playing in Detroit

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-18, 07:22

great front man with a vocal range not seen or heard too much in rock-n-roll.. a friend of ours was at the show last night... probably strange news for her to wake up to.

sucks. RIP.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-18, 07:59

Had a friend at the show last night too.

This is a bummer.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-18, 08:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Had a friend at the show last night too.

This is a bummer.
probably a really strange emotion..

according to the person that posted this on YouTube, it was the 2nd to last song of the show last night:

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-05-18, 08:08

Looking California. Feeling dead.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-05-18, 09:09

Damn. RIP.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-18, 09:10

RIP

52. Damn.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-05-18, 09:23

Suspected suicide. Too bad. RIP
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-18, 09:32

The Pantry wrote:Suspected suicide. Too bad. RIP

Wow. I expected that some of that shitty elephant heroin got him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-18, 10:10

Matt Norlander‏Verified account @MattNorlander 56m56 minutes ago
More
The big Seattle four:

Soundgarden
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Damn. PJ is now the only one with a frontman still alive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-05-18, 10:50

Damn, I loved their music back in the day. Watched the video up above, looks like they put on an amazing show.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-18, 10:52

he was one handsome dude, too..

So long Chris Cornell, passed away after playing in Detroit A701ce2791fa28148fdf07b4e4aeab18
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-18, 11:22

Watch Video From Chris Cornell’s Final Soundgarden Show

Hours before his shocking death, Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell delivered his final show with the band — and closed out the set with a performance that, in retrospect, feels like an awful bit of foreshadowing.

Soundgarden’s 19-song set list at the Fox Theatre in Detroit last night closed out with “Slaves & Bulldozers,” a cut from 1991’s Badmotorfinger that includes the refrain “So bleed your heart out / There’s no more rides for free / Bleed your heart out / I said, ‘What’s in it for me? / What’s in it for me?’” Underscoring those lyrics was the performance’s interpolation of Led Zeppelin‘s “In My Time of Dying” — a segue they’d used before, but proved a particularly poignant way to close out this show.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-05-18, 12:14

:(
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-05-18, 13:52

Crap.

The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP 10m10 minutes ago
BREAKING: Medical examiner determines Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell committed suicide by hanging in Detroit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-18, 14:22

So long Chris Cornell, passed away after playing in Detroit 1362440668
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-18, 15:32

Proof that the grass isn't always greener.

I find it amazing that those with so much seemingly on their side choose this course.

RIP, at least his demons are gone now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-05-18, 15:36

Kinda wonder with the news saying he was found on the floor if it was accidental.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-05-18, 19:15

SawGreen wrote:Kinda wonder with the news saying he was found on the floor if it was accidental.
Yeah. Don't get that part of the story, either.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-05-19, 00:16

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-19, 00:23

Just posted on the freep: Something was clearly off with Cornell's performance last night:
"I feel bad for the next city."
http://on.freep.com/2rvK6QV
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2017-05-19, 01:07

tGreenWay wrote:Just posted on the freep: Something was clearly off with Cornell's performance last night:
"I feel bad for the next city."
http://on.freep.com/2rvK6QV

He was referencing the crowd at the next show not living up the the crowd in Detroit. People are reading way to much into some of this....Yeah he played a tag from a song that talks about death, they have played that bit at most of the shows this tour.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-19, 10:56

His wife says he was slurring his words on their phone call after the show and that he might have taken too much anxiety meds? Not sure how that makes you hang yourself but anyway...
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-19, 11:19

Dave Grohl is still rocking too. Seems to be in a pretty good place as far as I can tell from that Sonic Highway doc he did on HBO a few years back.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-19, 12:54

Family says prescription drug might have contributed to Chris Cornell's suicide
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-19, 13:17

Perhaps more detail than you want....
Police report: Cornell told wife, ‘I am just tired’
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-05-19, 13:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Dave Grohl is still rocking too. Seems to be in a pretty good place as far as I can tell from that Sonic Highway doc he did on HBO a few years back.
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Grohl has never struck me as a tortured soul. More like a guy who loves music of all kinds and understands what it means to himself and others. I think he'll be around for a long while.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2017-05-19, 14:59

SawGreen wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Grohl has never struck me as a tortured soul. More like a guy who loves music of all kinds and understands what it means to himself and others. I think he'll be around for a long while.

Yep, Dave has had his problems with drugs and some heavy boozing but now he just drinks a more normal amount. He knows first hand what drugs does to people, hell he came as close as you could get to breaking up the Foo Fighters when Taylor Hawkins refused to go into rehab years ago.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 13:33

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-20, 17:29

gHost Spartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:His wife says he was slurring his words on their phone call after the show and that he might have taken too much anxiety meds? Not sure how that makes you hang yourself but anyway...

All these people are trying to rationalize an incredibly cowardly, selfish decision/act by him committing suicide. What makes it surprising is that he's in his 50s - Kurt killed himself at the height of his popularity, in his 20s; some of the other grunge frontmen didn't last much longer and, as was noted, I think people were shocked that Scott Weiland lasted as long as he did.

But anyway, dude obviously suffered from the most serious mental health issues. No one will ever know why he decided to end his life at that moment, instead of seeking help, or how many times he almost hung or shot himself in the head, but didn't. Still, pretty fucked up and selfish to leave your family and band the way he did. Fuck him.

Sure, I'll get flamed for this but these guys are cowards. Presumably he had a lot more resources to deal with this. Who knows, maybe he did and it just wasn't working, I don't know.

Who's left from that era? Eddie Vedder and Billy Corgan? Keep in mind I'm not suggesting that Smashing Pumpkins were grunge, I'm merely talking about the biggest bands from that era.

It's funny because you look at the competing alternative genre from that time period, Britpop, and all those dudes are doing fine. Not one suicide or overdose. The music was much happier and better, too.

That's two completely different types of people with different upbringings in different parts of the world. Success, as a variable, doesn't play the role I think you think it plays or should play. These people are different than you or I.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-11, 16:06

911 calls released from the night of Chris Cornell's death in Detroit

DETROIT (WXYZ) - New audio obtained by 7 Action News reveals the moment an MGM Grand employee called police after rocker Chris Cornell was found dead inside a Detroit hotel room.

According to a police report, bodyguard Martin Kirsten kicked a hotel door open inside MGM Grand and found Cornell with a red exercise band around his neck. The rocker was already unresponsive, the report added.

Maybe it's just me, but that 911 operator seems like it's just another day, another emergency call.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-11, 17:28

Report, 911 call add details about Cornell’s death

Complete with hotel room pics....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-20, 14:30

What is it with these guys?

TMZ‏Verified account @TMZ
Follow
More
#BREAKING: Chester Bennington of Linkin Park has committed suicide. RIP
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-07-20, 15:29

LooseGoose wrote:What is it with these guys?

Follow
More

I just don't get it. I'll never understand it. Senseless.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-20, 15:31

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Follow
More

6 kids.....so unfair to them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-20, 15:33

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Follow
More

So rumors of your demise were wrong again.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-15, 07:06

Chris Cornell widow rips probe year after Detroit death
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-10, 12:40

Chris Cornell Special

An upcoming episode of TV series Autopsy: the Last Hours of … will explore the theory that Chris Cornell suffered a head injury before his death in May 2017. The show will be aired on the Reelz network on Sunday.

The Soundgarden frontman's death was ruled a suicide, but his widow Vicky Cornell has continued to insist that he’d never have taken his own life. She believes prescription medication with known side-effects disrupted his state of mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-11-26, 07:15

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

No 4-bin
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next