Guaranteed Basic Income

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Guaranteed Basic Income

Post by y2kMgrad on 2018-01-11, 22:51

kingstonlake wrote:Unfortunately this is where capitalism sucks. Providers of needs will look at that basic income as disposable income Verizon and their ilk will increase fees and make people choose their services over another basic necessity. You will see price increases across the board on a lot of things.

The cynic in me say this would probably happen. Let's say the govt starts giving everybody $20k/year on top of whatever you already make working. All of a sudden people have more money to spend, increasing demand of most products, and henceforth the price, eventually making the 20k worth far less.
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-11, 23:38

y2kMgrad wrote:I'm all for it. When do I start getting my checks?

You do not qualify

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2018-01-12, 14:55

y2kMgrad wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Unfortunately this is where capitalism sucks. Providers of needs will look at that basic income as disposable income Verizon and their ilk will increase fees and make people choose their services over another basic necessity. You will see price increases across the board on a lot of things.

The cynic in me say this would probably happen. Let's say the govt starts giving everybody $20k/year on top of whatever you already make working. All of a sudden people have more money to spend, increasing demand of most products, and henceforth the price, eventually making the 20k worth far less.

I can't see it, virtually unlimited government subsidies haven't affected college tuition or medical costs, at all.
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum