tTurd is Pretty Much Unbearable

View previous topic View next topic Go down

tTurd is Pretty Much Unbearable

Post by SawGreen on 2017-06-04, 20:56

I seldom visit anymore. Jeremy Warmanoodle is really awesome, so on a drive by, I may check his stuff out.

But on the whole, the troll traffic is disturbing, the ads (I don't visit anything at CBS.com if I can avoid it because they share the same ads), and the idiocy is pretty extreme.

Yeah, I know, ad-block, yada-yada, not gonna reward it either way. BTW, I get some shit from this site that literally takes over my mobile device.

Still, I appreciate the somewhat limited dialog on this place. The legit to troll-asshole quotient is pretty low. Now that sports talk is allowed again, it's a nice spot to hang out.

Future votes to expand the clientele, should be selective and limited to those that seek a burger with Bobby Sak.
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: tTurd is Pretty Much Unbearable

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-04, 21:01

SawGreen wrote:I seldom visit anymore. Jeremy Warmanoodle is really awesome, so on a drive by, I may check his stuff out.

But on the whole, the troll traffic is disturbing, the ads (I don't visit anything at CBS.com if I can avoid it because they share the same ads), and the idiocy is pretty extreme.

Yeah, I know, ad-block, yada-yada, not gonna reward it either way. BTW, I get some shit from this site that literally takes over my mobile device.

Still, I appreciate the somewhat limited dialog on this place. The legit to troll-asshole quotient is pretty low. Now that sports talk is allowed again, it's a nice spot to hang out.

Future votes to expand the clientele, should be selective and limited to those that seek a burger with Bobby Sak.

You shouldn't get the popups on mobile anymore, at least if you're logged in. There was a bill that the site owner forgot to pay for a bit but it's taken care of now. If you still get them, let us know.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2017-06-04, 21:04

Troll city over there. Only really read the tiger thread and that is parrothead being a jack wagon
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver on 2017-06-04, 21:31

Funny this thread started today. I came over for the first time in a while as that place was getting a little unbearable. Lots of troll threads that take way to long to get locked. Also Rouge Leader has made a comeback under a new name, so that's always fun.
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-04, 21:34

You're probably not going to generate tooooo much conversation on this one just because most of us don't really go there anymore. I just like to give expectations.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-04, 21:45

True Travis. And yeah it's been quiet here, offseason and all. But we will post our asses off if there's discussion-worthy content.

Last edited by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-04, 21:45; edited 1 time in total

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-04, 21:45

aualum06 wrote:Troll city over there. Only really read the tiger thread and that is parrothead being a jack wagon
tpain may be a jackass but he's not nearly as hostile as Parrothead was. Not the same guy and that's scary.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2017-06-04, 21:48

Death Roe wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Troll city over there. Only really read the tiger thread and that is parrothead being a jack wagon
tpain may be a jackass but he's not nearly as hostile as Parrothead was. Not the same guy and that's scary.

I was fairly certain they were
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-06-04, 23:11

This might be the first time I've said this in... ever, but Travis is right. Quite a few of us don't even visit that site anymore. Of course, there's also a couple that post enough over there to cover the rest of us, so it evens out, I guess.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by FatFingers on 2017-06-05, 07:48

Duke Silver wrote:Funny this thread started today. I came over for the first time in a while as that place was getting a little unbearable. Lots of troll threads that take way to long to get locked. Also Rouge Leader has made a comeback under a new name, so that's always fun.

You come over to this board to complain about another poster from the old board
Hmmmmmm
FatFingers
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity on 2017-06-05, 19:04

Welcome Back Duke!

Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-05, 19:29

Welcome Back SRC!

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity on 2017-06-05, 19:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Welcome Back SRC!

lol

Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-06-05, 20:51

I got sucked in to a thread until I realized a several hundred word, well written post that was the first for a screenname has me thinking 247 might be assigning staff to post to drive traffic.

The bs gHost posts about his buddy is pretty pathetic.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-05, 20:53

Welcome back Travis!

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2017-06-05, 20:57

GRR Spartan wrote:I got sucked in to a thread until I realized a several hundred word, well written post that was the first for a screenname has me thinking 247 might be assigning staff to post to drive traffic.

Is there really a thread you haven't been sucked into?
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-06-05, 21:47

aualum06 wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I got sucked in to a thread until I realized a several hundred word, well written post that was the first for a screenname has me thinking 247 might be assigning staff to post to drive traffic.

Any thread you are the OP. Part of asshole avoidance
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2017-06-06, 06:56

GRR Spartan wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Any thread you are the OP. Part of asshole avoidance

Oooohhh burn lol
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-06, 08:52

All are welcome here. Like others have said, most of us don't keep up with TOB. Glad you're stopping by. Stick around. Don't go to tBin though. That place sucks.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum