How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by NigelUno on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:43 am

LooseGoose wrote:Discussing meals that hadn't been eaten and discussions that hadn't occurred....sounds about right for MSNBC.

MSNBC Caught Faking "Live" Thanksgiving-Morning After Show

MSNBC has been caught faking the silliest piece of news. The network attempted to trick viewers that the hosts of “Morning Joe” were hard at work on Friday, airing a “live” morning after Thanksgiving show. In reality, the show was pre-recorded.

As reported by the Washington Post, Mika Brzezinski, cohost along side Joe Scarborough, opened the show with playful banter.

“Day after Thanksgiving! Hoo! I’m stuffed. I always cook the turkey with the guts in it !” said Brzezinski.
“Joe didn’t notice. He ate the bag,” joked co-host Willie Geist
“It was good! Well, you know, the game made up for it …How was your Thanksgiving?” Scarborough asked to guest Rick Tyler.
“Very successful,” said Tyler. “Although the conversations were interesting.”
“I bet!” responded Brzezinski.
The segment appeared to be copacetic, but something was off. In addition to the absence of the “Live” graphic that is typically at the bottom of the screen, the hosts were not covering the biggest story of the day; the terrorist attack on the Egyptian mosque.

So, how did the Post determine the charade? Well, a longtime viewer tipped them off.

Rolling Eyes
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:17 am

#TheWarOnThanksgiving
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:46 am

LooseGoose wrote:Discussing meals that hadn't been eaten and discussions that hadn't occurred....sounds about right for MSNBC.

MSNBC Caught Faking "Live" Thanksgiving-Morning After Show

MSNBC has been caught faking the silliest piece of news. The network attempted to trick viewers that the hosts of “Morning Joe” were hard at work on Friday, airing a “live” morning after Thanksgiving show. In reality, the show was pre-recorded.

As reported by the Washington Post, Mika Brzezinski, cohost along side Joe Scarborough, opened the show with playful banter.

“Day after Thanksgiving! Hoo! I’m stuffed. I always cook the turkey with the guts in it !” said Brzezinski.
“Joe didn’t notice. He ate the bag,” joked co-host Willie Geist
“It was good! Well, you know, the game made up for it …How was your Thanksgiving?” Scarborough asked to guest Rick Tyler.
“Very successful,” said Tyler. “Although the conversations were interesting.”
“I bet!” responded Brzezinski.
The segment appeared to be copacetic, but something was off. In addition to the absence of the “Live” graphic that is typically at the bottom of the screen, the hosts were not covering the biggest story of the day; the terrorist attack on the Egyptian mosque.

So, how did the Post determine the charade? Well, a longtime viewer tipped them off.
so your mainstream media article refers to ISIS attacking an Egyptian mosque and you're upset with the mainstream media?

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 am

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:51 am

FoxNews has over a decade of hosts perpetuating false stories from President Obama’s Kenyan birth to the created scandal of the murder of a DNC staffer and we’re going to get upset about not notifying an audience the show was tapped?

Bigger question was why MSNBC bothered to have regular programming instead of a holiday fare.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:39 pm

WaPo: Yeah, About CNN’s Big Trump Scoop … CBS: Hold Our Beer; Update: CNN Finally Corrects

Media outlets get highly offended when Donald Trump and his supporters use the term “fake news,” but maybe they should focus more on preventing themselves from providing examples. Earlier this morning, CNN published an “exclusive” report that the Trump campaign received an e-mail providing them with a key to Wikileak’s encrypted documents.

CNN becomes the third major media outlet in the past week to rush out a “scoop” before checking its information thoroughly. And as it was with ABC’s Brian Ross on Michael Flynn and Bloomberg on Deutsche Bank, the immediate impact of these false reports was to create suspicion about Trump and his motives without any evidence. Perhaps media outlets should slow down and exercise the benefits of the “layers of fact-checkers and editors” about which we’ve been told ad infinitum. At the very least, let’s get an explanation as to how that failed in this case and Bloomberg’s (ABC has at least responded in regard to Ross’s false report).

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:49 am

Funny how some take the Shit Happens approach when other cable news outlets put a (D) behind some GOP politician's names when they were involved with some unpleasant news or show crowd photos of other events while talking about attendance.

We get to choose our news.  What should we expect?  
Slanting "news" has been around at least since Hurst.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:17 am

Quick reminder that the mainstream media is responsible for getting the racist, bigoted sexual predator elected.

I wonder when they'll apologize?
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:34 pm

It's too bad Goose does not hold Fox news to the same standard, but Goose is happy swallowing those Fox turds.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/363990-fox-news-issues-correction-on-roy-moore-accuser-yearbook-forgery-headline

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Turtleneck wrote:It's too bad Goose does not hold Fox news to the same standard, but Goose is happy swallowing those Fox turds.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/363990-fox-news-issues-correction-on-roy-moore-accuser-yearbook-forgery-headline

folks pay attention to the mainstream media at their own peril.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:It's too bad Goose does not hold Fox news to the same standard, but Goose is happy swallowing those Fox turds.

folks pay attention to the mainstream media at their own peril.

I used to have to discipline and sometimes suspend kids. Hated it. When I had parents in my office with kids, sometimes the kids would tell a whopper and I mean they mize we’ll have said aliens possessed them. About 70% if parents would just tell their kid to shut up. 30-40 percent would not only believe the story but add too it and scream we’re unfair. I came to understand that some people are so passionate about their kids that psychologically they can’t do anything but believe the story. This is no different.
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Your accuracy level is at normal levels. I've not watched Fox News in any form or fashion in recent memory - possibly back to election night. Sorry to wreck your fantasy, congrats on being wrong again - it's your comfort zone after all.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:18 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:folks pay attention to the mainstream media at their own peril.

I used to have to discipline and sometimes suspend kids. Hated it. When I had parents in my office with kids, sometimes the kids would tell a whopper and I mean they mize we’ll have said aliens possessed them. About 70% if parents would just tell their kid to shut up. 30-40 percent would not only believe the story but add too it and scream we’re unfair. I came to understand that some people are so passionate about their kids that psychologically they can’t do anything but believe the story. This is no different.

Good story. Tell me more about my news viewing habits? Would you believe me if I swore on my dear departed grandmother's grave that I've not watched ANY news show, cable or broadcast on the TeeVee in at least 6 months and maybe up to a year? You're making a big mistake swallowing TN's fake shit.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:37 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Your accuracy level is at normal levels. I've not watched Fox News in any form or fashion in recent memory - possibly back to election night. Sorry to wreck your fantasy, congrats on being wrong again - it's your comfort zone after all.

I’m sorry goose but whether you like it or not, you get a lot of your news from Fox News. If you don’t watch fox but all of your sources at red state or hotair.blogosphere.org get their info from Fox... well guess what bud, the transitive property applies.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I’m sorry goose but whether you like it or not, you get a lot of your news from Fox News. If you don’t watch fox but all of your sources at red state or hotair.blogosphere.org get their info from Fox... well guess what bud, the transitive property applies.

So even though TN is wrong he's really right? LMAO, you need to be a journalist.

Don't read Red State much either, maybe once a month or so. I'd say Hot Air gets 10-20% of their material from Fox.....and plenty more from elsewhere. Meanwhile you guys are so proud to get your info from these places:

The U.S. Media Yesterday Suffered its Most Humiliating Debacle in Ages: Now Refuses All Transparency Over What Happened

FRIDAY WAS ONE of the most embarrassing days for the U.S. media in quite a long time. The humiliation orgy was kicked off by CNN, with MSNBC and CBS close behind, with countless pundits, commentators and operatives joining the party throughout the day. By the end of the day, it was clear that several of the nation’s largest and most influential news outlets had spread an explosive but completely false news story to millions of people, while refusing to provide any explanation of how it happened.

The more serious you think the Trump/Russia story is, the more dangerous you think it is when Trump attacks the U.S. media as “Fake News,” the more you should be disturbed by what happened here, the more transparency and accountability you should be demanding. If you’re someone who thinks Trump’s attacks on the media are dangerous, then you should be first in line objecting when they act recklessly and demand transparency and accountability from them. It is debacles like this – and the subsequent corporate efforts to obfuscate – that have made the U.S. media so disliked and that fuel and empower Trump’s attacks on them.

Third, this type of recklessness and falsity is now a clear and highly disturbing trend – one could say a constant – when it comes to reporting on Trump, Russia and WikiLeaks. I have spent a good part of the last year documenting the extraordinarily numerous, consequential and reckless stories that have been published – and then corrected, rescinded and retracted – by major media outlets when it comes to this story.

All media outlets, of course, will make mistakes. The Intercept certainly has made our share, as have all outlets. And it’s particularly natural, inevitable, for mistakes to be made on a highly complicated, opaque story like the question of the relationship between Trump and the Russians, and questions relating to how WikiLeaks obtained DNC and Podesta emails. That is all to be expected.

But what one should expect with journalistic “mistakes” is that they sometimes go in one direction, and other times go in the other direction. That’s exactly what has not happened here. Virtually every false story published goes only in one direction: to be as inflammatory and damaging as possible on the Trump/Russia story and about Russia particularly. At some point, once “mistakes” all start going in the same direction, toward advancing the same agenda, they cease looking like mistakes.

No matter your views on those political controversies, no matter how much you hate Trump or regard Russia as a grave villain and threat to our cherished democracy and freedoms, it has to be acknowledged that when the U.S. media is spewing constant false news about all of this, that, too, is a grave threat to our democracy and cherished freedom.

So numerous are the false stories about Russia and Trump over the last year that I literally cannot list them all. Just consider the ones from the last week alone, as enumerated by the New York Times yesterday in its news report on CNN’s embarrassment:

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Want a clue where I get my links? HEre are two.....you'll note very little Fox linkage there:

https://www.memeorandum.com/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:47 pm

I’m not commenting on Turtleneck goose. I’ve said this to you when you went on one of these “but but I don’t watch Fox” rants before.

Don’t you link to the daily caller a lot too? A site founded by fuckin Tucker Carlson? Totally separate thing tho.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:48 pm

For a guy that does not watch Fox News, Goose seems to often parrot Fox News talking heads.

I don’t know what you do and do not watch, Goose. I am just pointing out the similarities, and the fact that your comfort zone is just repeating what other’s say as to avoid minimal independent thinking.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m not commenting on Turtleneck goose. I’ve said this to you when you went on one of these “but but I don’t watch Fox” rants before.

Don’t you link to the daily caller a lot too? A site founded by fuckin Tucker Carlson? Totally separate thing tho.

In the past, he has often linked to Gateway Pundit, which is one of the top domains pushed by Russian bots on Twitter.

It just gets old having tSwill’s premier consumer of fake news tell everybody else they “swallowing turds.”

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Maybe we should all just settle and watch some real news sources

https://twitter.com/timrunshismouth/status/939398055610191872

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Turns out it gets a lot longer for those of you interested in real truth

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:folks pay attention to the mainstream media at their own peril.

America is a very stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:33 am

THIS IS CNN: CNN Walks Back Jeff Sessions-Russia Bombshell.

In May, CNN reported that Sessions had failed to disclose meetings he had with the Russian ambassador when he was a senator. Justice Department officials told CNN that Sessions had not listed those meetings on a security clearance form, even though the form says to list “any contact” with the “foreign government” or its “representatives” in the past seven years.

CNN framed the non-disclosures as more evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump team, writing, “He has come under withering criticism from Democrats following revelations that he did not disclose the same contacts with Kislyak during his Senate confirmation hearings earlier this year.”

At the time, Sessions said he was told by the FBI not to list meetings “connected with his Senate activities,” but CNN’s legal expert denied those claims.

“A legal expert who regularly assists officials in filling out the form disagrees with the Justice Department’s explanation, suggesting that Sessions should have disclosed the meetings,” CNN asserted.

The CNN report led to breathless coverage by the rest of the legacy media, who painted the non-disclosures as a Trump official trying to hide problematic meetings with the Russians.

However, CNN admitted early Monday that FBI emails prove that Sessions’ explanation for the non-disclosures is accurate.

We’re going to need a new 24-hour news network just to keep up with CNN’s botched reporting.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/283121/

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

"Despite thousands of hours wasted and many millions of dollars spent, the Democrats have been unable to show any collusion with Russia - so now they are moving on to the false accusations and fabricated stories of women who I don’t know and/or have never met. FAKE NEWS!"

Goose? He has met these women, so that's a lie.

Are you going to call for him to apologize?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:18 pm

At least she corrected herself....but a lot fewer people were interested enough in the truth to retweet....

neontaster  @neontaster
20h20 hours ago
More
Outrage tweet: 15,000 RTs
Correct tweet: 280 RTs

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:49 pm

LooseGoose wrote:At least she corrected herself....but a lot fewer people were interested enough in the truth to retweet....

neontaster  @neontaster
20h20 hours ago
More

Didn't Trump tweet the same thing?  Even before he tweeted condolences to the victims?

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:01 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:At least she corrected herself....but a lot fewer people were interested enough in the truth to retweet....

neontaster  @neontaster
20h20 hours ago
More

Didn't Trump tweet the same thing?  Even before he tweeted condolences to the victims?
Ssshhhhhhhhhh

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:41 pm

The feed was cut and pasted to this sight may not have covered Trump's response for whatever reason.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Absolute click bait fakery by Newsweek - sad to see a once respected magazine do this shit.

Partial truth misleading headline. All fodder for the lemmings.
============

Newsweek‏Verified account @Newsweek
More
Melania Trump orders removal of the near-200-year-old tree from the White House bit.ly 2pGeATF

===========

The historic Jackson magnolia has been on the south facade of the White House since the 1800s—making it the oldest on the grounds. But Tuesday, Melania Trump reportedly made the decision to have it removed after tree specialists determined “the overall architecture and structure of the tree is greatly compromised,” the report stated, according to CNN.

CNN obtained documents from specialists at the United States National Arboretum, which determined the magnolia tree must be removed. The tree is “completely dependent on artificial support,” the document read.

The document said, “Without the extensive cabling system, the tree would have fallen years ago. Presently, and very concerning, the cabling system is failing on the east trunk, as a cable has pulled through the very thin layer of wood that remains. It is difficult to predict when and how many more will fail.”

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:45 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Absolute click bait fakery by Newsweek - sad to see a once respected magazine do this shit.

Partial truth misleading headline.   All fodder for the lemmings.
============

More
Melania Trump orders removal of the near-200-year-old tree from the White House  http://bit.ly/2pGeATF

===========

The historic Jackson magnolia has been on the south facade of the White House since the 1800s—making it the oldest on the grounds. But Tuesday, Melania Trump reportedly made the decision to have it removed after tree specialists determined “the overall architecture and structure of the tree is greatly compromised,” the report stated, according to CNN.

CNN obtained documents from specialists at the United States National Arboretum, which determined the magnolia tree must be removed. The tree is “completely dependent on artificial support,” the document read.

The document said, “Without the extensive cabling system, the tree would have fallen years ago. Presently, and very concerning, the cabling system is failing on the east trunk, as a cable has pulled through the very thin layer of wood that remains. It is difficult to predict when and how many more will fail.”

You're the biggest lemming here, asshole.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:09 pm

Case study of “What aboutism”
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:50 am

Did Melly T order the tree removed or not?
She did.
Not partial truth. Truthful.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:59 am

“The headline doesn’t tell the whole story what terrible people you fucking liberals are!”

*resumes support of birther president who lies 100 times a day*

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:04 am

LooseGoose wrote:Absolute click bait fakery by Newsweek - sad to see a once respected magazine do this shit.

Partial truth misleading headline. All fodder for the lemmings.
============

More
Melania Trump orders removal of the near-200-year-old tree from the White House bit.ly 2pGeATF

===========

Are you aware that about 97% of every link to post here is clickbait fakery? It's kind of important that you know this.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:49 am

tGreenWay wrote:Did Melly T order the tree removed or not?
She did.
Not partial truth. Truthful.

Yeah I don't get it. Of all the potentially misleading headlines, this is the one that has Goose's panties in a bunch?
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:15 am

GRR Spartan wrote:FoxNews has over a decade of hosts perpetuating false stories from President Obama’s Kenyan birth to the created scandal of the murder of a DNC staffer and we’re going to get upset about not notifying an audience the show was tapped?

Bigger question was why MSNBC bothered to have regular programming instead of a holiday fare.

Fox has run so many bogus stories and false commentary it's way off the spectrum for reasonable journalism and falls somewhere around Infowars.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:32 am

I have to agree with Goose on the Magnolia tree story. If you are only a headline reader, which a lot of stupid people are, many msm outlets used some iteration of "Melania makes decision to remove historic tree from the WH lawn." It makes it sound like Cruella Deville was like "I can't see macy's from here! Cut that fucking tree down." There is so much actual horrible things happening in the WH, the legitimate media (almost no links Goose ever provides) should have to use click-bait headlines. It was dumb.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:37 am

Rocinante wrote:I have to agree with Goose on the Magnolia tree story.  If you are only a headline reader, which a lot of stupid people are, many msm outlets used some iteration of "Melania makes decision to remove historic tree from the WH lawn." It makes it sound like Cruella Deville was like "I can't see macy's from here!  Cut that fucking tree down."  There is so much actual horrible things happening in the WH, the legitimate media (almost no links Goose ever provides) should have to use click-bait headlines.  It was dumb.
I think you’re not understanding why other people are saying “who gives a shit.” 

It’s because no one gives a shit. Not just here. Not the bin. In fact, the bin is the only reason I’m even aware of this harrowing tree story. It’s not like there are people out there running around talking about this shit. No one cares. So it’s either that people actually do read the article (your penchant for underestimating people is now famously noted) or just no one cares. He’s just trying to drum up some drama while ignoring the blatant lies he swallows every day about things that actually matter.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:43 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I have to agree with Goose on the Magnolia tree story.  If you are only a headline reader, which a lot of stupid people are, many msm outlets used some iteration of "Melania makes decision to remove historic tree from the WH lawn." It makes it sound like Cruella Deville was like "I can't see macy's from here!  Cut that fucking tree down."  There is so much actual horrible things happening in the WH, the legitimate media (almost no links Goose ever provides) should have to use click-bait headlines.  It was dumb.
I think you’re not understanding why other people are saying “who gives a shit.” 

It’s because no one gives a shit. Not just here. Not the bin. In fact, the bin is the only reason I’m even aware of this harrowing tree story. It’s not like there are people out there running around talking about this shit. No one cares. So it’s either that people actually do read the article (your penchant for underestimating people is now famously noted) or just no one cares. He’s just trying to drum up some drama while ignoring the blatant lies he swallows every day about things that actually matter.

I saw it prior to seeing it here, Travis. I do not follow many right wing news outlets, but if I noticed the biased headline, I guarantee they did. Logic dictates that there are people on the fence about believing the "fake news" bullshit the president tweets. This kind of thing is a perfect example of something that fuels his fire. Regardless of how unimportant the actual story is, news outlets made the headline partisan. They can't afford to do that.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum