Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting at congressional softball practice

+16
WhiteBoyHatcher
Toe
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
SeeRockCity
steveschneider
Rocinante
BleacherSwill
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
DWags
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shooting at congressional softball practice  Empty Shooting at congressional softball practice

Post by DWags 2017-06-14, 07:56

Breaking on CNN
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Shooting at congressional softball practice  Empty Re: Shooting at congressional softball practice

Post by DWags 2017-06-14, 08:00

Majority whip Steve Scalice(sp)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Shooting at congressional softball practice  Empty Re: Shooting at congressional softball practice

Post by Guest 2017-06-14, 08:01

Seems that Majority Whip Steve Scalise has been shot in the hip and is going to be OK.   One of his staffers shot in the chest.   Security shot the shooter......all according to Sen Mike Lee
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-14, 08:06

ABC live stream if you're at work and need a stream.

http://abcnews.go.com/live/video/special-live-3?cid=HP_LB_THUMB
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-14, 08:08

Well, this isn't good.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-14, 08:14

Yep. But what sucks is that I'm not shocked anymore.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-14, 08:19

Jebus, Mo Brooks stating that 50-100 shots were fired.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-14, 08:22

DWags wrote:Yep. But what sucks is that I'm not shocked anymore.

Nor am I.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-14, 08:42

Michigan Representative OK As Shots Fired At Members Of Congress

“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover. We were inside the backstop and if we didn’t have that cover by a brave person who stood up and took a shot themselves, we would not have gotten out of there and every one of us would have been hit — every single one of us,” said Bishop. “He was coming around the fence line and he was looking for all of us who had found cover in different spots. But if we didn’t have return fire right there, he would have come up to each one of us and shot us point-blank.”

Bishop was uninjured. General Jack Bergman, who represents northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula, and John Moolenaar, from Midland, were also at the practice; both uninjured. Democratic members of Congress were practicing at a different field, miles away.

“Two of our staff was hit, Steve Scalise was hit on second base, I watched him get hit and I couldn’t do anything to help him. We tried to get him off as fast as we could but this guy was relentless with his fire,” he said. “One of our staffers got hit in the chest and I pray for him, I just don’t know what the outcome is going to be. This is a tragic situation and frankly, it’s changed everything as I know it forever.”

A suspect, who received at least one gunshot, is believed to be in custody. Bishop said the man didn’t speak a word.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-14, 09:44

“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover. "

Jesus. And what's the only reason you needed cover? Here we go again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-06-14, 09:45

DWags wrote:“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover. "

Jesus. And what's the only reason you needed cover? Here we go again.
I expect this to be used as an excuse to pull back a few more 'freedoms'.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-06-14, 09:48

Might need to just re-route this thread to the Bin in advance.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-14, 09:49

Who practices softball?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-06-14, 09:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Who practices softball?

You play to win the game, bro.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-14, 09:57

Death Roe wrote:

You play to win the game, bro.

Take your shit-talking to the softball forum, bruh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-14, 09:57

Mary Bruce‏Verified account @marykbruce 4m4 minutes ago
House votes cancelled for the day
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-14, 10:15

They were practicing baseball...for the Congressional Baseball Game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-14, 10:19

NigelUno wrote:

Oh, well that's fine. Please yell at dwags to update the thread title. It's important in this moment that we don't degrade the victims by suggesting they were practicing softball, which is a ludicrous thing to do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2017-06-14, 10:21

Thank god we have guns too!
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-14, 10:24

I would have thought that Congressional reps would have more security than that.  The only reason they had security was apparently because Sclaise was there (member of house leadership).  

That's weird in this political climate, to me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-06-14, 10:26

Rep. Jared Huffman said on Twitter that the Democratic baseball team was practicing when its members heard the news. “We’re safe & with police, everyone praying for GOP colleagues, staff & Cap police,” he wrote.

Shooting at congressional softball practice  Scalise_19145701_424885634577236_998605483660352640_n-original
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-06-14, 10:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Oh, well that's fine. Please yell at dwags to update the thread title. It's important in this moment that we don't degrade the victims by suggesting they were practicing softball, which is a ludicrous thing to do.

Ok, I laughed. Is that bad?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-06-14, 10:32

NigelUno wrote:

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-14, 10:36

DWags wrote:“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover. "

Jesus.  And what's the only reason you needed cover?  Here we go again.

House hearing on gun legislation canceled after shooting
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-14, 10:36

steveschneider wrote:

I'm so confused. Were they talking about the game, or were they talking about practice?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-14, 10:37

If we're doing a comedy thread...
Shooting at congressional softball practice  5723_11
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-14, 10:38

Welp, we don't even have the details yet and you trolls can't help but wells it up. Minus well send it over to the bin.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-14, 10:53

Fair warning if this gets sent to the bin. I will drop the ban hammer on anyone making shitty partisan comments. I don't want to see any "looks like a great American just exercising his 2nd amendment rights." I don't want to see any "typical lefty violence" talk. Fuck that. Fellow Americans have just been shot. Show some respect.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-14, 10:57

Supposedly the shooter.....according to the twitterz.
Shooting at congressional softball practice  DCSir1cXgAA3Rzc
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-14, 10:57

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Fair warning if this gets sent to the bin. I will drop the ban hammer on anyone making shitty partisan comments. I don't want to see any "looks like a great American just exercising his 2nd amendment rights." I don't want to see any "typical lefty violence" talk. Fuck that. Fellow Americans have just been shot. Show some respect.

It's gonna get there.

Just an FYI for all yall. The general rule is that I leave it here while it's active news. So, in this case, I'll probably move it in a couple of hours. If it were on the level of Orlando last year, maybe a couple of days. It doesn't even really matter to me how "binny" it's getting. Once it's no longer active news, I move it. If you're posting something that isn't active news, (or if it's active political news, like say a testimony in congress) then it gets moved right away.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-14, 10:58

Scott Detrow‏Verified account @scottdetrow
. @GOPLeader says Scalise is now out of surgery. Says "he's doing well." - via @DaviSusan
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-14, 11:00

Washington Post is the source here...

Philip Rucker‏Verified account @PhilipRucker 16m16 minutes ago
More
News: Shooter named as James T. Hodgkinson, 66, of Belleville, Ill., via @mattzap & @nakashimae
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-14, 11:02

Supposedly his entire facebook account is deep thoughts like these......don't know since I don't have an account there.
Shooting at congressional softball practice  DCSjBnwWAAAgPIv

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-06-14, 11:04

He Needs To Learn How To Use Capital Letters only When It is Appropriate
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-14, 11:11

Shooting at congressional softball practice  DCSmnYTXYAAr2C3
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-14, 11:12

How the hell does one find and lock in to tweets from the lunatic fringe and post them pretending they are the norm?

If the shot counts are close to accurate, it would appear the shooter was using some kind of semi-automatic.

Real news with real injuries.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-14, 11:19

I can see where this is going. I'm out of this cesspool for a couple days.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-14, 11:20

thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-06-14, 11:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Fair warning if this gets sent to the bin. I will drop the ban hammer on anyone making shitty partisan comments. I don't want to see any "looks like a great American just exercising his 2nd amendment rights." I don't want to see any "typical lefty violence" talk. Fuck that. Fellow Americans have just been shot. Show some respect.

It's gonna get there.

Just an FYI for all yall. The general rule is that I leave it here while it's active news. So, in this case, I'll probably move it in a couple of hours. If it were on the level of Orlando last year, maybe a couple of days. It doesn't even really matter to me how "binny" it's getting. Once it's no longer active news, I move it. If you're posting something that isn't active news, (or if it's active political news, like say a testimony in congress) then it gets moved right away.

Reasonable approach.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2017-06-14, 11:28

thoughts and prayers.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next