Shooting at congressional softball practice

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Shooting at congressional softball practice

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 11:54

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
true.. had a lot of respect for Jim Brady and his wife.

I'm doing some pretty excessive eye-rolling as I read reports of how "emotional" and "shaken" Congress is about this..

try being a first grader and hearing your classmates getting murdered as you hide under a desk.. only to live to see Congress do absolutely nothing to try to ensure that a tragedy such as that never happens again.

oh - and, it's also interesting that it took congress 153 mass shootings this year before, suddenly, they got "emotional" or "shaken".

Rolling Eyes

I was thinking the same thing.  Ok, now's the moment we might need to do some self reflection. It's almost like the NRA sent out a memo like hey if our guys get killed...bad news.
I think our country could benefit in a tremendous way if some Republican decided "enough" and took on the money/power of the NRA - and if there ever was a time to do it (other than when 20 five/six year olds were murdered), now would be the time.

unfortunately, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: Shooting at congressional softball practice

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 12:00

Rep Chuck Fleischmann, who was on scene, to CNN: “After today I wonder whether or not I will ever feel safe going to a baseball field.”

now imagine if these were your classmates, friends and teachers.. and you're 6 years old..

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum