Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-06-18, 19:25

Cameron, why do you think you have to defend poor ole Goose. He's as grown up as the rest of us and would not be surprised if he's lurking and enjoying you and others making him out to be a martyr.

He can come back any time since his 24 time out lapsed.

If you don't think it's fair do what SeeRockndid and start a new board or go back to the 247 boards. This place is no worse than the rest and we're all still here except Goose who was given 24 hours off and has extended his absence by personal choice.

Don't like the mods here? See how you are treated other places and after 6 months you can report back on the credibility of other boards posters and/or moderators.

avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5630
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-18, 19:33

Doing any kind of moderating on the Beaumont board is kind of a bitch because no matter what you do somebody is gonna be pissed and get all whiny. I can't say that I wouldn't wish moderating on a political board on my worst enemy seeing as I nominated pylon for it, so clearly I would wish it on my worst enemy, but it's a terrible job. No matter what you do, the first thing people are going to do is say "oh you just don't like his politics!" Which is wrong. Fact is, goose was being kinda a dick, he's been doing that kinda a lot lately, he refused to stop, and he got a 24 hour time out. Right or wrong, it is over now regardless. He's being a snowflake about it right now, which is absolutely his right, but pylon made a tough call and im not going to rip him to pieces for it.... cause I get it. It's not worthy of the heat you guys are throwing his way in my opinion.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-18, 19:37

GRR Spartan wrote:Cameron, why do you think you have to defend poor ole Goose. He's as grown up as the rest of us and would not be surprised if he's lurking and enjoying you and others making him out to be a martyr.

He can come back any time since his 24 time out lapsed.

If you don't think it's fair do what SeeRockndid and start a new board or go back to the 247 boards. This place is no worse than the rest and we're all still here except Goose who was given 24 hours off and has extended his absence by personal choice.

Don't like the mods here? See how you are treated other places and after 6 months you can report back on the credibility of other boards posters and/or moderators.

Another denial.

Martyr? Hardly. Twist it all you can, GRR. You're actually pretty good at it.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7916
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-18, 19:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Doing any kind of moderating on the Beaumont board is kind of a bitch because no matter what you do somebody is gonna be pissed and get all whiny. I can't say that I wouldn't wish moderating on a political board on my worst enemy seeing as I nominated pylon for it, so clearly I would wish it on my worst enemy, but it's a terrible job. No matter what you do, the first thing people are going to do is say "oh you just don't like his politics!" Which is wrong. Fact is, goose was being kinda a dick, he's been doing that kinda a lot lately, he refused to stop, and he got a 24 hour time out. Right or wrong, it is over now regardless. He's being a snowflake about it right now, which is absolutely his right, but pylon made a tough call and im not going to rip him to pieces for it.... cause I get it. It's not worthy of the heat you guys are throwing his way in my opinion.
lol! Snowflake? Pretty amusing coming from you.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7916
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-18, 19:48

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Doing any kind of moderating on the Beaumont board is kind of a bitch because no matter what you do somebody is gonna be pissed and get all whiny. I can't say that I wouldn't wish moderating on a political board on my worst enemy seeing as I nominated pylon for it, so clearly I would wish it on my worst enemy, but it's a terrible job. No matter what you do, the first thing people are going to do is say "oh you just don't like his politics!" Which is wrong. Fact is, goose was being kinda a dick, he's been doing that kinda a lot lately, he refused to stop, and he got a 24 hour time out. Right or wrong, it is over now regardless. He's being a snowflake about it right now, which is absolutely his right, but pylon made a tough call and im not going to rip him to pieces for it.... cause I get it. It's not worthy of the heat you guys are throwing his way in my opinion.
lol! Snowflake? Pretty amusing coming from you.

Okay tough guy. Resume whining.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-18, 19:52

Sorry for bagging on your uselessness.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7916
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-18, 19:55

The Pantry wrote:Sorry for bagging on your uselessness.

Isn't Hannity starting soon? Better hurry up and get over there skippy to find out what you're supposed to be angry about tomorrow.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-18, 20:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Sorry for bagging on your uselessness.

Isn't Hannity starting soon? Better hurry up and get over there skippy to find out what you're supposed to be angry about tomorrow.
Funny thing is I almost never watch Fox. Find it more entertaining to watch the crucify Trump crusade on every other network.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7916
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-06-18, 20:14

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Isn't Hannity starting soon? Better hurry up and get over there skippy to find out what you're supposed to be angry about tomorrow.
Funny thing is I almost never watch Fox. Find it more entertaining to watch the crucify Trump crusade on every other network.

Is that why you're so, so angry? Because you're impotent to stop it? Or because the president keeps embarrassing himself, your party, and our country?

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19495
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-18, 20:46

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Funny thing is I almost never watch Fox. Find it more entertaining to watch the crucify Trump crusade on every other network.

Is that why you're so, so angry? Because you're impotent to stop it? Or because the president keeps embarrassing himself, your party, and our country?
The embarrassment is the news media. They hate Trump and slant everything against him. There is little possibility of bi-partisan anything anymore because of the wall the media has put in place. Like Detroit media has done sucking UMs ass for years, but on a far more significant scale
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7916
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-18, 20:48

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Is that why you're so, so angry? Because you're impotent to stop it? Or because the president keeps embarrassing himself, your party, and our country?
The embarrassment is the news media. They hate Trump and slant everything against him. There is little possibility of bi-partisan anything anymore because of the wall the media has put in place. Like Detroit media has done sucking UMs ass for years, but on a far more significant scale

You know, it's entirely possible that trump just isn't that great at being president and that there's not all that much positive to say. Dude even admitted that the job is way harder than he thought it was.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Cameron on 2017-06-18, 20:50

GRR Spartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Apparently saying "left wing violence" is now a ban-worthy offense.

Why are you whining Cameron?  You need a cause?  Need a victim?

No one is forcing Goose to stay away and no one is forcing you to stay if your sensibilities of fairness are challenged here.

This isn't an echo chamber.  Its just got more posters who disagree with the "conservative" angle that FoxNews broadcasts daily.   If this was the echo chamber you imply why are there opposing opinions posted on a regular basis?

There is always Wells Hall at the rcmb if you feel you need to be in friendly company on every issue every day.  An existing echo chamber for you.

Not quite an echo chamber, but inching closer. Opposing opinions posted on a regular basis? Maybe, but by how many voices, aside from the Goose? What do you imagine the Left/Right/Independent percentages to be among regular swill posters? I think Wells has a much more even split in pure percentages, even if most of the people on one side are fucking idiots.

GRR Spartan wrote:Cameron, why do you think you have to defend poor ole Goose.  He's as grown up as the rest of us and would not be surprised if he's lurking and enjoying you and others making him out to be a martyr.

He can come back any time since his 24 time out lapsed.

If you don't think it's fair do what SeeRockndid and start a new board or go back to the 247 boards.  This place is no worse than the rest and we're all still here except Goose who was given 24 hours off and has extended his absence by personal choice.

Don't like the mods here?  See how you are treated other places and after 6 months you can report back on the credibility of other boards posters and/or moderators.


I don't feel I have to defend Goose. I'm simply voicing my opinion on the matter, as there is a topic about it. My opinion is that he shouldn't have been banned, and regardless of the fact that the ban is now over, if the person who did the banning doesn't agree that the banning was wrong, then we have a precedent of sorts, and not one that I like.

And stop with the love it or leave it horse shit. Just because this place is better than 24/7 doesn't mean it's perfect. If you don't like the criticism, don't read it.
avatar
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3313
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 28
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-18, 21:03

Cameron wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Why are you whining Cameron?  You need a cause?  Need a victim?

No one is forcing Goose to stay away and no one is forcing you to stay if your sensibilities of fairness are challenged here.

This isn't an echo chamber.  Its just got more posters who disagree with the "conservative" angle that FoxNews broadcasts daily.   If this was the echo chamber you imply why are there opposing opinions posted on a regular basis?

There is always Wells Hall at the rcmb if you feel you need to be in friendly company on every issue every day.  An existing echo chamber for you.

Not quite an echo chamber, but inching closer. Opposing opinions posted on a regular basis? Maybe, but by how many voices, aside from the Goose? What do you imagine the Left/Right/Independent percentages to be among regular swill posters? I think Wells has a much more even split in pure percentages, even if most of the people on one side are fucking idiots.

GRR Spartan wrote:Cameron, why do you think you have to defend poor ole Goose.  He's as grown up as the rest of us and would not be surprised if he's lurking and enjoying you and others making him out to be a martyr.

He can come back any time since his 24 time out lapsed.

If you don't think it's fair do what SeeRockndid and start a new board or go back to the 247 boards.  This place is no worse than the rest and we're all still here except Goose who was given 24 hours off and has extended his absence by personal choice.

Don't like the mods here?  See how you are treated other places and after 6 months you can report back on the credibility of other boards posters and/or moderators.


I don't feel I have to defend Goose. I'm simply voicing my opinion on the matter, as there is a topic about it. My opinion is that he shouldn't have been banned, and regardless of the fact that the ban is now over, if the person who did the banning doesn't agree that the banning was wrong, then we have a precedent of sorts, and not one that I like.

And stop with the love it or leave it horse shit. Just because this place is better than 24/7 doesn't mean it's perfect. If you don't like the criticism, don't read it.

I think that when you get a group of people together from a similar background, especially education wise in this particular case (try not to take that the wrong way conservatives. I know you will, but try.) you're going to have a high likelihood that a lot of them (not all, see, try to understand where I'm going with this. I'm not calling all of you dumb. Some of you, sure, but not all.) are going to have very similar views.

So no, I don't think you have a very even split amongst all swill posters and I think that's very natural. Here's a 538 article describing that.

Less educated areas supported trump, more educated did not

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-06-18, 21:28

oh my god, this is fucking ridiculous. I saw some shit earlier and checked back out of curiosity and here we are two pages later.

First, I mean who really fucking cares, it's a message board and it was a 24 hour ban.

Second, Pylon has threatened to ban Bob before for similar trolling. I do not follow everything here but I can let this unspeakable tragedy sit on the back burner for a second and take him at his word that it was not a partisan deal in this instance and that he would do the same to Bob.

Third, no one needs CNN or MSNBC to convince them Trump is a fucking idiot unfit to be President of the country. All they need is access to read the things he types out with his fat orange thumbs on his Twitter account. Literally, that is all anybody with any degree of objectivity and sense of self respect needs to read to conclude that we would be better off with Mike Pence or Hunter Pence or Jon Hunter or Jon Garagvaglia leading the country than this buffoon.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15026
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-18, 21:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The Pantry wrote:The embarrassment is the news media. They hate Trump and slant everything against him. There is little possibility of bi-partisan anything anymore because of the wall the media has put in place. Like Detroit media has done sucking UMs ass for years, but on a far more significant scale

You know, it's entirely possible that trump just isn't that great at being president and that there's not all that much positive to say. Dude even admitted that the job is way harder than he thought it was.
The Dems and their lib media are still so pissed 7 months later they hardly even let him come up for air. I could say, "back off and let him do his job", but that would fall on deaf ears. His crucifixion is all that matters to them.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7916
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by DWags on 2017-06-18, 21:43

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You know, it's entirely possible that trump just isn't that great at being president and that there's not all that much positive to say. Dude even admitted that the job is way harder than he thought it was.
The Dems and their lib media are still so pissed 7 months later they hardly even let him come up for air. I could say, "back off and let him do his job", but that would fall on deaf ears. His crucifixion is all that matters to them.

Why can't he do it when they have the house senate and White House? Have you guys come up with a spin for that yet? Or are your heads so far up your ass you can't figure this out? Are mean words stopping you guys? pussies.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21297
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-18, 21:51

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You know, it's entirely possible that trump just isn't that great at being president and that there's not all that much positive to say. Dude even admitted that the job is way harder than he thought it was.
The Dems and their lib media are still so pissed 7 months later they hardly even let him come up for air. I could say, "back off and let him do his job", but that would fall on deaf ears. His crucifixion is all that matters to them.

Yeah, you didn't address the issue at all. Kinda falling into the "all conservatives really want to do is piss off democrats and there isn't really an agenda other than that" rut. Which, is probably the case.

The truth is that he just isn't very good at presidenting. Could he get better? I super doubt it. Dude is like 97 years old and has no valuable experience whatsoever. That's not a recipe for improving at things. You can think that he will if you want, that's fine (I highly disagree but that's not the point.)

The point is that to this point he has been spectacularly bad at this. And really. Be honest. What did you expect 5 months in? That he'd be knocking it out of the park? There is literally no reason at all to think that that would be the case. You voted for a dude with no experience, no temperament, who just really likes to yell and play the victim all the time. This is exactly what you should have expected at this point when you voted for him. That he wouldn't be very good. Your hope when you voted for him is that he would get better with time. That remains to be seen. But, to blame the media for all of your problems, well, that's just disingenuous and looking for excuses for something that shouldn't really be a shock or an issue for you because it was very predictable that this is exactly where we'd be 5 months after we sworn in a guy that doesn't really know how the government even works. So again, it isn't the medias fault that there isn't really anything positive to report. They're just calling a spade a spade.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-18, 22:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The Pantry wrote:The Dems and their lib media are still so pissed 7 months later they hardly even let him come up for air. I could say, "back off and let him do his job", but that would fall on deaf ears. His crucifixion is all that matters to them.

Yeah, you didn't address the issue at all. Kinda falling into the "all conservatives really want to do is piss off democrats and there isn't really an agenda other than that" rut. Which, is probably the case.

The truth is that he just isn't very good at presidenting. Could he get better? I super doubt it. Dude is like 97 years old and has no valuable experience whatsoever. That's not a recipe for improving at things. You can think that he will if you want, that's fine (I highly disagree but that's not the point.)

The point is that to this point he has been spectacularly bad at this. And really. Be honest. What did you expect 5 months in? That he'd be knocking it out of the park? There is literally no reason at all to think that that would be the case. You voted for a dude with no experience, no temperament, who just really likes to yell and play the victim all the time. This is exactly what you should have expected at this point when you voted for him. That he wouldn't be very good. Your hope when you voted for him is that he would get better with time. That remains to be seen. But, to blame the media for all of your problems, well, that's just disingenuous and looking for excuses for something that shouldn't really be a shock or an issue for you because it was very predictable that this is exactly where we'd be 5 months after we sworn in a guy that doesn't really know how the government even works. So again, it isn't the medias fault that there isn't really anything positive to report. They're just calling a spade a spade.
The media has an agenda that is clear in pretty much every Trump story they post. They are out to destroy him.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7916
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by InTenSity on 2017-06-18, 22:11

The media has an agenda that is clear in pretty much every Trump story they post. They are out to destroy him.
Because there's no possible way he's absolutely the worst thing that's ever happened to this country? Now everyone loves Russia.

_________________
Finally! Back to the Future!
avatar
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10593
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-18, 22:12

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Yeah, you didn't address the issue at all. Kinda falling into the "all conservatives really want to do is piss off democrats and there isn't really an agenda other than that" rut. Which, is probably the case.

The truth is that he just isn't very good at presidenting. Could he get better? I super doubt it. Dude is like 97 years old and has no valuable experience whatsoever. That's not a recipe for improving at things. You can think that he will if you want, that's fine (I highly disagree but that's not the point.)

The point is that to this point he has been spectacularly bad at this. And really. Be honest. What did you expect 5 months in? That he'd be knocking it out of the park? There is literally no reason at all to think that that would be the case. You voted for a dude with no experience, no temperament, who just really likes to yell and play the victim all the time. This is exactly what you should have expected at this point when you voted for him. That he wouldn't be very good. Your hope when you voted for him is that he would get better with time. That remains to be seen. But, to blame the media for all of your problems, well, that's just disingenuous and looking for excuses for something that shouldn't really be a shock or an issue for you because it was very predictable that this is exactly where we'd be 5 months after we sworn in a guy that doesn't really know how the government even works. So again, it isn't the medias fault that there isn't really anything positive to report. They're just calling a spade a spade.
The media has an agenda that is clear in pretty much every Trump story they post. They are out to destroy him.

You're like a broken record dude. You're not answering the question.

So, let me be more specific. If the media is out to destroy him (they aren't, they're just reporting what's happening which isn't very good, which like I said, you should have known) then what is it that you think they should be reporting?

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by steveschneider on 2017-06-18, 22:43

Great, we banned the one conservative that would talk to us and now we are all just here agreeing with eachother.

Happy Fathers Day, Goose whereever you are. I can't wait to see you post another one of those climate articles from 40 years ago. LOL!
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10955
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-18, 22:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
The media has an agenda that is clear in pretty much every Trump story they post.   They are out to destroy him.  

You're like a broken record dude. You're not answering the question.

So, let me be more specific. If the media is out to destroy him (they aren't, they're just reporting what's happening which isn't very good, which like I said, you should have known) then what is it that you think they should be reporting?
"Broken record" is the perfect way to describe the "news".

They're not reporting much of anything.  Just making up as much stuff as they can from anything available to feed the  pigeons.  Go to Yahoo tomorrow and read some of the stuff.  Read this Newsweek article linked at Yahoo today

Neil Buchanan: Is Trump Naive? Stupid? Evil? Or All of the Above?

With pathetically thin-skinned writers posting shit like that every day it's kind of remarkable there are not more shooters taking aim.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7916
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-18, 22:58

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You're like a broken record dude. You're not answering the question.

So, let me be more specific. If the media is out to destroy him (they aren't, they're just reporting what's happening which isn't very good, which like I said, you should have known) then what is it that you think they should be reporting?
"Broken record" is the perfect way to describe the "news".

They're not reporting much of anything.  Just making up as much stuff as they can from anything available to feed the  pigeons.  Go to Yahoo tomorrow and read some of the stuff.  Read this Newsweek article linked at Yahoo today

Neil Buchanan: Is Trump Naive? Stupid? Evil? Or All of the Above?

With pathetically thin-skinned writers posting shit like that every day it's kind of remarkable there are not more shooters taking aim.

Okay, stop. I asked you a direct question and yet, you still completely fail at answering. If this were a school you'd get beyond an F for that response. You'd get sent back a grade. This is why people hear your argument and go "man, this guy is just a shill defending his side at all costs."

So... What do you want them to report on? Don't answer with anything they have reported on. What positive news do you want them to cover more?

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by The Pantry on 2017-06-18, 23:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
"Broken record" is the perfect way to describe the "news".

They're not reporting much of anything.  Just making up as much stuff as they can from anything available to feed the  pigeons.  Go to Yahoo tomorrow and read some of the stuff.  Read this Newsweek article linked at Yahoo today

Neil Buchanan: Is Trump Naive? Stupid? Evil? Or All of the Above?

With pathetically thin-skinned writers posting shit like that every day it's kind of remarkable there are not more shooters taking aim.

Okay, stop. I asked you a direct question and yet, you still completely fail at answering. If this were a school you'd get beyond an F for that response. You'd get sent back a grade. This is why people hear your argument and go "man, this guy is just a shill defending his side at all costs."

So... What do you want them to report on? Don't answer with anything they have reported on. What positive news do you want them to cover more?
I want them to report actual news and stop spouting so much opinion. Sorry if all that extraneous conjecture is what you like in your news.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7916
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-06-18, 23:28

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Okay, stop. I asked you a direct question and yet, you still completely fail at answering. If this were a school you'd get beyond an F for that response. You'd get sent back a grade. This is why people hear your argument and go "man, this guy is just a shill defending his side at all costs."

So... What do you want them to report on? Don't answer with anything they have reported on. What positive news do you want them to cover more?
I want them to report actual news and stop spouting so much opinion. Sorry if all that extraneous conjecture is what you like in the news.

There is plenty of that out there. What actual positive news are you looking for more coverage on?

I'm starting to get the hunch that you get that there really isn't any. Which is fine. Again, like I said, you had to have expected that a president who has no business being president wouldn't hit it out of the park right away. Blaming the media for that is just silly. If you simply said "give him some time to figure out how his job works" then fine. I totally disagree, but it's the situation we're in and you're willing to wait for a president to figure out basic 12th grade government level stuff. At least you'd be being honest about it. This "oh the media is the problem" thing is nonsense though. And secretly, I think you know that.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by FatFingers on 2017-06-19, 05:44

Death Roe wrote:I don't understand why Goose was banned, I'm with Cameron. Bob says way worse shit, and even had a picture of a dead kid in a thread around the time the election was over (I think). No repercussions for that?

I'm asking this because I'm being genuinely honest, is it because Goose is a majorly right-wing Republican? I do notice that having a Republican opinion is basically frowned upon here.

Not trying to start a shit fight, but I do notice some hypocrisies around this side of the board.


Have your R2D2 and C3P0 action figures battle it out to the death. You'll forget all about all this nonsense by tomorrow.
avatar
FatFingers
Spartiate

Posts : 17
Join date : 2016-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-06-19, 07:24

You all realize The Pantry and Cameron have become the gHost twins to Goose's TanFan.
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5630
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-19, 07:58

Just checking in. Does anyone need counseling for the traumatic events that took place last Thursday? If so let me know and I can set you up with one of our licensed professionals. Thank you and have a good day.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by kingstonlake on 2017-06-19, 10:03

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Just checking in. Does anyone need counseling for the traumatic events that took place last Thursday? If so let me know and I can set you up with one of our licensed professionals. Thank you and have a good day.

avatar
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5147
Join date : 2014-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-19, 10:04

FatFingers wrote:
Death Roe wrote:I don't understand why Goose was banned, I'm with Cameron. Bob says way worse shit, and even had a picture of a dead kid in a thread around the time the election was over (I think). No repercussions for that?

I'm asking this because I'm being genuinely honest, is it because Goose is a majorly right-wing Republican? I do notice that having a Republican opinion is basically frowned upon here.

Not trying to start a shit fight, but I do notice some hypocrisies around this side of the board.


Have your R2D2 and C3P0 action figures battle it out to the death. You'll forget all about all this nonsense by tomorrow.

You've said this insult to me before. Step your game up, guy. Not too original.

_________________
SHOCKULAR:
Where to start?
I mean, the first thing with pea soup is the texture, okay?
I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8411
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by msugolfguy on 2017-06-19, 11:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Just checking in. Does anyone need counseling for the traumatic events that took place last Thursday? If so let me know and I can set you up with one of our licensed professionals. Thank you and have a good day.

Lol I was about to say as an LMSW in training, I have office hours if you need them.
avatar
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Posts : 144
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-19, 11:08

kingstonlake wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Just checking in. Does anyone need counseling for the traumatic events that took place last Thursday? If so let me know and I can set you up with one of our licensed professionals. Thank you and have a good day.




Tobias Finke will be contacting you shortly.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-19, 11:09

msugolfguy wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Just checking in. Does anyone need counseling for the traumatic events that took place last Thursday? If so let me know and I can set you up with one of our licensed professionals. Thank you and have a good day.

Lol I was about to say as an LMSW in training, I have office hours if you need them.

Good. Swillers helping Swillers. I like it.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-06-19, 11:53

I have opinions I post here that other posters disagree with and if I read disagreements it means we're not all alike.
If you are insecure to the point it bothers you to have others post different or opposing ideas it's time to find another board.

It seems we have a lot of stubbed toes looking for a table leg. It's odd to see people who self-identify as "conservatives" don't like the fact that others are willing to directly post an opposing opinion and aren't comfortable in a venue where their political aren't in the majority.
If those "conservatives" feel unwelcome it's unfortunate and nothing more.


avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5630
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-19, 12:37

GRR Spartan wrote:I have opinions I post here that other posters disagree with and if I read disagreements it means we're not all alike.
If you are insecure to the point it bothers you to have others post different or opposing ideas it's time to find another board.  

It seems we have a lot of stubbed toes looking for a table leg.   It's odd to see people who self-identify as "conservatives" don't like the fact that others are willing to directly post an opposing opinion and aren't comfortable in a venue where their political aren't in the majority.
If those "conservatives" feel unwelcome it's unfortunate and nothing more.



Fyi, A liberal mod juat banned a conservative
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 5021
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-19, 12:47

Herbie Green wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I have opinions I post here that other posters disagree with and if I read disagreements it means we're not all alike.
If you are insecure to the point it bothers you to have others post different or opposing ideas it's time to find another board.  

It seems we have a lot of stubbed toes looking for a table leg.   It's odd to see people who self-identify as "conservatives" don't like the fact that others are willing to directly post an opposing opinion and aren't comfortable in a venue where their political aren't in the majority.
If those "conservatives" feel unwelcome it's unfortunate and nothing more.



Fyi, A liberal mod juat banned a conservative

Herbie! How goes the investigation?
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-19, 13:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Fyi, A liberal mod juat banned a conservative

Herbie! How goes the investigation?

The ball is in your court to attempt to restore credibility.
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 5021
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-19, 13:10

Herbie Green wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Herbie! How goes the investigation?

The ball is in your court to attempt to restore credibility.

Do you have a cheat sheet or something I could use?
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-06-19, 13:23

Is Herbie another self-appointed arbiter of what's liberal or conservative?

I'm for motor voter registration and early voting so as many people as possible can participate in elections .

I'm for public education and if charters are to get state and federal funds they need to have the same transparency as their public school equivalents

I'm for a 90 day hold on all monies being donated to 501c's and making public all donors names so we all know who's spending money to elect a candidate or pass a ballot proposal in all elections and what state the donor is registered as a voter.

I'm for a military draft and a shift away from hiding military expenditures behind the use of multiple combat tours of National Guard enlistees.

I'm for eliminating the privatization of prisons. Make the state's citizens be aware of the real cost of incarceration and if there are abuses the state is to blame so they can't hide behind a middle man.

I don't like emergency managers. It effectively takes away voter input.

I'm a veteran who thinks the contract I signed should be honored and not tweaked to save money.

I am a voter who thinks every elected Federal and state official should produce a minimum of 2 years of tax returns .

I believe MI should ban the game of attaching spending amendments to laws to be signed to make a citizen recall through petition impossible.

What does that make me?
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5630
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Goose, your ban is in the process of being reduced

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-06-19, 13:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

The ball is in your court to attempt to restore credibility.

Do you have a cheat sheet or something I could use?

You refused to cooperate.  At this point I would suggest a formal apology post to both the board and Goose.
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 5021
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum