what not to say to pregnant women

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: what not to say to pregnant women

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-06-20, 08:54

Death Roe wrote:Why do you have his picture saved? That's honestly creepy.
- there is this thing called "google" - it allows you to search for stuff - I'm sorry you're upset by it.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-06-20, 08:55

I googled "nedgo rcmb" and there's a gHostskin 7 pictures in.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-20, 08:57

Mrs. Pylon is at 22 weeks. Definitely showing now. The kid is kicking the crap out of her, but I can't feel anything yet. Maybe in a few more weeks.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-06-20, 09:05

Death Roe wrote: I googled "nedgo rcmb" and there's a gHostskin 7 pictures in.

yeah - you kind of delve into those darker parts of the internet at your own risk.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on 2017-06-20, 10:47

My wife did not show much when she pregnant with our daughter which her doctor attributed mostly being due to an anterior placenta.  I am sure it would have gotten old quick, but my wife would have loved for the random stranger to ask when she was due.

My wife was 43 when our daughter was born - I was pretty sure she going to murder a sales clerk when she mentioned the stores grandparents discount.
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor on 2017-06-20, 11:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Mrs. Pylon is at 22 weeks. Definitely showing now. The kid is kicking the crap out of her, but I can't feel anything yet. Maybe in a few more weeks.
Pylon, how small is your junk?
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-20, 11:28

By-Tor wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Mrs. Pylon is at 22 weeks. Definitely showing now. The kid is kicking the crap out of her, but I can't feel anything yet. Maybe in a few more weeks.
Pylon, how small is your junk?

I've heard the term micropenis used by my wife. I don't know what that means.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2017-06-20, 12:12

I'm only ahead by 9 weeks. I wish I could say it goes by fast. Many do say that, but it's been going by so slowly. And I haven't felt well since Christmas. I started showing by 13 weeks! Which everyone was surprised since that's not as common with a first pregnancy.

Good luck with that micropenis of yours. I feel bad for your wife. Razz
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-06-20, 13:01

No: "You have cankles the size of Beech trees."

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-20, 13:17

Dendrobates wrote:

I'm only ahead by 9 weeks. I wish I could say it goes by fast. Many do say that, but it's been going by so slowly. And I haven't felt well since Christmas. I started showing by 13 weeks! Which everyone was surprised since that's not as common with a first pregnancy.

So that puts your due date around the end of August? I hope you guys got the A/C fixed.

Every time I ask how she's feeling I get one of three responses: Tired. Hungry. Tired & hungry. I've been scoring serious points with late night food craving runs. Luckily we have a Spartan store about two minutes down the road. I figure this is good practice for late night, "Oh shit, the kid needs ____ runs."
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-06-20, 13:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

So that puts your due date around the end of August? I hope you guys got the A/C fixed.

Every time I ask how she's feeling I get one of three responses: Tired. Hungry. Tired & hungry. I've been scoring serious points with late night food craving runs. Luckily we have a Spartan store about two minutes down the road. I figure this is good practice for late night, "Oh shit, the kid needs ____ runs."
Amazon Prime Mom or whatever it is called. Subscribe and Save. Just set it up to order the diapers and everything else once a month.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-20, 13:59

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Amazon Prime Mom or whatever it is called. Subscribe and Save. Just set it up to order the diapers and everything else once a month.

I bet tWife already knows about this, but this is new to me and sounds pretty amazing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-06-20, 14:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I bet tWife already knows about this, but this is new to me and sounds pretty amazing.
We ordered everything that way, that we could. Diapers, lotions, formula, bottles, diaper genie refills. Only problem is that sometimes I would forget when we didn't need stuff, so I'd have a lot on hand.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-20, 14:09

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

We ordered everything that way, that we could. Diapers, lotions, formula, bottles, diaper genie refills. Only problem is that sometimes I would forget when we didn't need stuff, so I'd have a lot on hand.

Cool, so I asked the Mrs. about it. She's heard of it, but doesn't know about the details. We have Prime, is this included with a Prime subscription or is it something else we have to pay for?
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-06-20, 14:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Cool, so I asked the Mrs. about it. She's heard of it, but doesn't know about the details. We have Prime, is this included with a Prime subscription or is it something else we have to pay for?
Its included with Prime. Go to account and lists, look about 1/3 of the way down, and should see something about subscribe and save. You can set up all sorts of things to come to the house.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2017-06-20, 14:17

My lady is a dirty hippy so we will be doing cloth diapers and a bunch of other bullshit.

I'm just kidding, I love her.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-06-20, 14:21

Rocinante wrote:My lady is a dirty hippy so we will be doing cloth diapers and a bunch of other bullshit.

You could order disposable diapers for when she's not around.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-06-20, 14:22

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

it's been quite some time since the diaper days, but I remember thinking that the diaper genie was overrated.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-20, 14:35

I was planning on saving up the diapers and dropping them off on the lawn of the neighbor who lets their dog shit all over my lawn. Good strategy?
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-20, 14:39

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Its included with Prime. Go to account and lists, look about 1/3 of the way down, and should see something about subscribe and save. You can set up all sorts of things to come to the house.

Noice!

And I just got kudos for "putting in so much effort". I'm soooo getting a beejer.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-06-20, 15:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Noice!

And I just got kudos for "putting in so much effort". I'm soooo getting a beejer.
cheers
If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court on 2017-06-20, 16:59

Get lots of sleep now because you're going to need it.  (What, new parents don't get much sleep?)  

Are you going to do natural child birth?
Are you going to breast feed?
(These are both loaded questions that are intended to place judgement on the expecting mother.)

If you say "no" you get judged.  
If you say "yes" you get the "one-upper" retort of how they breast fed until their kid started driving and not only did they do natural childbirth they did it at home in a bath filled with natural water from the purest natural springs of glacier ice.
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2017-06-20, 18:22

InTenSity wrote:
Rocinante wrote:My lady is a dirty hippy so we will be doing cloth diapers and a bunch of other bullshit.

You could order disposable diapers for when she's not around.

like she'd leave me alone with a kid.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum