Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob and Loose need to start hanging out

2 posters

Go down

Bob and Loose need to start hanging out Empty Bob and Loose need to start hanging out

Post by Turtleneck Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 12:06

How people like you fuel extremism
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/together-people-like-you-fuel-extremism/531702/?utm_source=feed

There are Americans who wonder why this big, diverse country should try to stay together. Wouldn’t it be better, they argue, for cosmopolitan cities and coastal Blue States to go one way, while Red America goes another way, with both jurisdictions moving closer to the culture a majority of their members prefer?

On college campuses, too, there are those who wish that there was less diversity of viewpoint and belief, and seek to “train” everyone in the views that they regard to be settled and enlightened. And almost all of us belong to at least one social network where our feeds are disproportionately composed of content produced by people who are a lot like us.

But for all the benefits of agreement, solidarity, and spending time with like-minded people, there is compelling evidence of a big cost: the likeminded make us more confident that we know everything and more set and extreme in our views. And that makes groups of like-minded people more prone to groupthink, more vulnerable to fallacies, and less circumspect and moderate in irreversible decisions they make.

This is pretty obvious stuff. Hanging out with like-minded people makes us more extreme.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bob and Loose need to start hanging out Empty Re: Bob and Loose need to start hanging out

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 12:36

one of my jesus-freak, gun nut friends texts me all the time - I think he's bored out of his mind living out in the country.. honestly. Anyway, he's kinda fun because he's so ignorant about issues and regurgitates what he sees on the mainstream media that I don't even think he knows that I'm mocking him in my replies..

it's pretty funny.

anyway, Goose is a great Russian-American and I'd be happy to hang out with him in an alternate universe some time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bob and Loose need to start hanging out Empty Re: Bob and Loose need to start hanging out

Post by Turtleneck Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 12:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:one of my jesus-freak, gun nut friends texts me all the time - I think he's bored out of his mind living out in the country.. honestly. Anyway, he's kinda fun because he's so ignorant about issues and regurgitates what he sees on the mainstream media that I don't even think he knows that I'm mocking him in my replies..

it's pretty funny.

anyway, Goose is a great Russian-American and I'd be happy to hang out with him in Mioscow some time.

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 13:07

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:one of my jesus-freak, gun nut friends texts me all the time - I think he's bored out of his mind living out in the country.. honestly. Anyway, he's kinda fun because he's so ignorant about issues and regurgitates what he sees on the mainstream media that I don't even think he knows that I'm mocking him in my replies..

it's pretty funny.

anyway, Goose is a great Russian-American and I'd be happy to hang out with him in Mioscow some time.

Fixed
Гоосе ис а греат Руссиан-Америцан анд Ижд лове то спенд тиме шитч чим ин Миоков.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 13:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Fixed
Гоосе ис а греат Руссиан-Америцан анд Ижд лове то спенд тиме шитч чим ин Миоков.

Я напишу своему другу крепкий чай
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 13:26

I prefer coffee.

or, even better, beer.

Bob and Loose need to start hanging out 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 14:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I prefer coffee.

or, even better, beer.

Did he offer you raw milk?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 14:32

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I prefer coffee.

or, even better, beer.

Did he offer you raw milk?
he offered me a raw something.. Shocked Bob and Loose need to start hanging out 3434560931
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down