Amelia Earhart - about to be another wave of interest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amelia Earhart - about to be another wave of interest

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-07-05, 09:38

Amelia Earhart May Have Survived Crash-Landing, Newly Discovered Photo Suggests

A newly discovered photograph suggests legendary aviator Amelia Earhart, who vanished 80 years ago on a round-the-world flight, survived a crash-landing in the Marshall Islands.

The photo, found in a long-forgotten file in the National Archives, shows a woman who resembles Earhart and a man who appears to be her navigator, Fred Noonan, on a dock. The discovery is featured in a new History channel special, "Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence," that airs Sunday.

Independent analysts told History the photo appears legitimate and undoctored. Shawn Henry, former executive assistant director for the FBI and an NBC News analyst, has studied the photo and feels confident it shows the famed pilot and her navigator.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: Amelia Earhart - about to be another wave of interest

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-05, 10:10

Noonan.
Noonan.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-05, 10:22

NBC News? Ok, Goose. I will wait for InfoWars to confirm followed by Newsbusters.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-07-05, 10:26

Turtleneck wrote:NBC News? Ok, Goose. I will wait for InfoWars to confirm followed by Newsbusters.

OK sweetie, you let me know when you're capable of not allowing politics to color your every thought. In the last 24 hours that's you and Nigel dragging crap over here.

And BTW the new information show is going to be on History Channel so as usual low info, big spew.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-05, 10:27

Sweetie.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-05, 10:31

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:NBC News? Ok, Goose. I will wait for InfoWars to confirm followed by Newsbusters.

OK sweetie, you let me know when you're capable of not allowing politics to color your every thought.    In the last 24 hours that's you and Nigel dragging crap over here.  

And BTW the new information show is going to be on History Channel so as usual low info, big spew.

1. How you feel is irrelevant to me.
2. I do not watch the History Channel. I read books. Do you know what a book is, Goose? I highly recommend books, Goose.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-05, 10:55

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

OK sweetie, you let me know when you're capable of not allowing politics to color your every thought.    In the last 24 hours that's you and Nigel dragging crap over here.  

2. I do not watch the History Channel. I read books. Do you know what a book is, Goose? I highly recommend books, Goose.

Please stay on topic. Put an end to the #chitchat

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-05, 10:58

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Ok. Sorry.

Pics of Amelia Earhart?
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-07-05, 11:10

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Sorry I get under your skin so much. Someday when you grow a pair let me know and I'll have you drive up and check a few books out of my library of 3,000 or so. If you want I'll even impress you by telling you what 3 or 4 of them are about.

Your refusal to sink to the level of the lower classes by viewing the History channel impresses me about as much as my library will impress you.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-05, 11:15

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Ok. Sorry.

Pics of Amelia Earhart?

All I have are tight shots. It's too close to lunch to look at Amelia Earhart in such detail.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-07-05, 11:17

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Sorry I get under your skin so much. Someday when you grow a pair let me know and I'll have you drive up and check a few books out of my library of 3,000 or so. If you want I'll even impress you by telling you what 3 or 4 of them are about.

Your refusal to sink to the level of the lower classes by viewing the History channel impresses me about as much as my library will impress you.

3000 books?

You read 300 books/year for 10 years?
150 books/year for 20 years?
100 books/year for 30 years?
50 books/year for 60 years?

Be honest. Are you counting encyclopedias? Did you get a new set every year?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-05, 11:17

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Sorry I get under your skin so much.  Someday when you grow a pair let me know and I'll have you drive up and check a few books out of my library of 3,000 or so.  If you want I'll even impress you by telling you what 3 or 4 of them are about.

Old issues of Playboy, Hustler, and 2,500 copies of the Art of the Deal does not constitute a library, Goose. Nice try.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 on 2017-07-05, 12:02

Fascinating. really hope more information comes out on this

Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar on 2017-07-05, 13:44

expect the Huron Mountain Club to quickly make this photo and its negative disappear. All associated with its finding are going to be dead within the year. How they let this out in the first place is mind bottling....they are usually extremely thorough at sanitizing their business endeavors. Anyone that thinks Earhart was simply on some fancy free adventure to be the first woman to fly around the world is beyond naive. She was on a mission to build an alliance against the HMC and its evil quest to gain total control of the Great Lakes Region's fresh water rights. And for that...the HMC intercepted her and with the cooperation of the Japanese military had her and her navigator.....liquidated.
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-05, 13:45

goodbar wrote:expect the Huron Mountain Club to quickly make this photo and its negative disappear. All associated with its finding are going to be dead within the year. How they let this out in the first place is mind bottling....they are usually extremely thorough at sanitizing their business endeavors. Anyone that thinks Earhart was simply on some fancy free adventure to be the first woman to fly around the world is beyond naive. She was on a mission to build an alliance against the HMC and its evil quest to gain total control of the Great Lakes Region's fresh water rights. And for that...the HMC intercepted her and with the cooperation of the Japanese military had her and her navigator.....liquidated.

#spurtheory #checkyourjenkemstash #istoleyourjenkem
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar on 2017-07-05, 13:59

I won't even go into the full story of how Henry Ford was the HMC's forced dupe that arranged the whole assassination of Earhart.  Lets just say it ain't easy to get into the HMC and Ford had to do a whole lot more than just halt a highway to get in.  

One more piece of info: how do you think the Japanese got so good at building cars just outta the blue after being destroyed in WWII? hmm? think about that. Connect the dots.  HMC -> Henry Ford -> Japanese -> Earhart Missing -> Anti HMC Alliance crumbles -> Japanese start making good cars.   No. Fucking. Coincidence. My friends.

Last edited by goodbar on 2017-07-05, 14:36; edited 1 time in total
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-05, 14:02

goodbar wrote:I won't even go into the full story of how Henry Ford was the HMC's forced dupe that arranged the whole assassination of Earhart. Lets just say it ain't easy to get into the HMC and Ford had to do a whole lot more than just halt a highway to get in.

One more piece of info: how to you think the Japanese got so good at building cars just outta the blue after being destroyed in WWII? hmm? think about that. Connect the dots. HMC -> Henry Ford -> Japanese -> Earhart Missing -> Anti HMC Alliance crumbles -> Japanese start making good cars. No. Fucking. Coincidence. My friends.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-05, 14:17

I'm ready for the coming water wars. Bring it, bitches.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2017-07-05, 16:26

Good Stuff Goose.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-07-05, 17:30

LooseGoose wrote:Amelia Earhart May Have Survived Crash-Landing, Newly Discovered Photo Suggests

A newly discovered photograph suggests legendary aviator Amelia Earhart, who vanished 80 years ago on a round-the-world flight, survived a crash-landing in the Marshall Islands.

The photo, found in a long-forgotten file in the National Archives, shows a woman who resembles Earhart and a man who appears to be her navigator, Fred Noonan, on a dock. The discovery is featured in a new History channel special, "Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence," that airs Sunday.

Independent analysts told History the photo appears legitimate and undoctored. Shawn Henry, former executive assistant director for the FBI and an NBC News analyst, has studied the photo and feels confident it shows the famed pilot and her navigator.

Her back to the camera. But they've run his picture threw the computers and it matches up quite a bit. Why would the Japanese not allow them their freedom in 1937?

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen on 2017-07-05, 17:40

DWags wrote:Why would the Japanese not allow them their freedom in 1937?

Japan was involved in the Second Sino-Japanese war in 1937, and had been building up defenses.  Seems like a decent time to get a little paranoid about folks flying into their territory.

Edit: Wow, I did a little more research. Earhart was lost 5 days before Japan initiated the Sino war. And this talks about how US/Japan relations deteriorated in 1937.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1937-1945/pearl-harbor
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2017-07-05, 18:28

Haven't we apologized for vaporizing a couple hundred thousand Japanese multiple times? Why wouldn't the Japanese come clean over 2 people? Pretty sure the apology would be accepted and not intiate another nuclear attack......c'mon....
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-07-05, 18:31

SawGreen wrote:

Japan was involved in the Second Sino-Japanese war in 1937, and had been building up defenses.  Seems like a decent time to get a little paranoid about folks flying into their territory.

Edit: Wow, I did a little more research. Earhart was lost 5 days before Japan initiated the Sino war. And this talks about how US/Japan relations deteriorated in 1937.

Good stuff.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2017-07-05, 19:55

LooseGoose wrote:Amelia Earhart May Have Survived Crash-Landing, Newly Discovered Photo Suggests

So she crashed on a deserted island, built a dock, posed on it for a picture with her navigator, obviously taken by a third party, and then sent the picture to Washington DC and all the while hiding from search and rescue. Sounds plausible to me.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-05, 19:59

Jake from State Farm wrote:

So she crashed on a deserted island, built a dock, posed on it for a picture with her navigator, obviously taken by a third party, and then sent the picture to Washington DC and all the while hiding from search and rescue. Sounds plausible to me.

Ever had your eyes checked? How about the level of your reading comprehension? Or are you just really, really high?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen on 2017-07-05, 20:04

[quote="tGreenWay"]

Ever had your eyes checked? How about the level of your reading comprehension? Or are you just really, really high?

Jake's wife hacked his account.
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-05, 20:13

[quote="SawGreen"]
tGreenWay wrote:

Jake's wife hacked his account.

She must be really good looking, cuz she is dummmmm.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-05, 20:15

tGreenWay wrote:

Do not talk to Jake like that!
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-05, 20:26

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Do not talk to Jake like that!

It's okay, I'm guessing he didn't understand what I was writing.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2017-07-05, 20:28

tGreenWay wrote:

Damn, we've been looking in the wrong place all these years? Good thing we have those photo analysts to set everyone straight. Is this kind of similar to the Al Capone chamber that wacked out tv guy was promoting several years ago? Kind of amazing how she disappeared forever right after the photo.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2017-07-05, 21:00

I remember the Jaraldo opening of Capones vault live. That was funny shit.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-06, 00:01

Rocinante wrote:I remember the Jaraldo opening of Capones vault live. That was funny shit.

That was TV gold.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2017-07-06, 12:26

SawGreen wrote:

Edit: Wow, I did a little more research.  Earhart was lost 5 days before Japan initiated the Sino war.  And this talks about how US/Japan relations deteriorated in 1937.

And relations weren't great prior to 1937 either.  Japan had been engaging in an undeclared war with China since 1931, and effectively took control of Manchuria, much to the objections of the US.  So tensions had been brewing for some time.  I honestly never really read that much about Earhart to make the connection, but with US-Japanese tensions already high, and Japan on the verge of making a major escalation of the conflict with China, the Japanese wouldn't have looked upon an American pilot too favorably if they had, in fact, crossed paths with her.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on 2017-07-12, 00:44

Oops...

Apparently the same undated photograph appears in a book (a Japanese Travelogue) published in October 1935 - two years before they disappeared.  

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/11/blogger-discredits-claim-amelia-earhart-was-taken-prisoner-by-japan
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-07-12, 07:08

#FakeNews
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-07-12, 07:15

MSU addict wrote:Oops...

Apparently the same undated photograph appears in a book (a Japanese Travelogue) published in October 1935 - two years before they disappeared.  

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/11/blogger-discredits-claim-amelia-earhart-was-taken-prisoner-by-japan

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-07-12, 07:54

MSU addict wrote:Oops...

Evil or Very Mad
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum