The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 4 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Cameron on 2019-03-28, 17:42

GRR Spartan wrote:In 2016 we moved into full scale Idiocracy and if the Democrats lose to Trump again I expect to see losses of freedom and the right to dissent evaporate.

If Democrats lose to Trump again, I expect Brawndo to come out of my kitchen faucet. Might be worth it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 4 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by GRR Spartan on 2019-03-28, 19:50

Ironic that Trump chose Thurday afternoon to push Sec of Ed Betsy DeVos under the bus after she was pilloried while she defended her department's proposed budget cuts that included zeroing out any Dept of Ed funds for Special Olympics.

So Thursday afternoon, prior to flying to GR, DeVos' home town for a campaign rally Trump says he's going to get Special Olympic money reinstated.

Public humiliation couldn't happen to a better person than Betsy DeVos.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2019-03-28, 19:53

It was a budget proposal. My guess is that they still take money away, just not all of it. Either way I told my parents, who support trump that they must support him over their own grandkid.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-03-28, 19:55

InTenSity wrote:It was a budget proposal. My guess is that they still take money away, just not all of it. Either way I told my parents, who support trump that they must support him over their own grandkid.

What did they say?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2019-03-28, 20:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
InTenSity wrote:It was a budget proposal. My guess is that they still take money away, just not all of it. Either way I told my parents, who support trump that they must support him over their own grandkid.

What did they say?
My wife kicked me. Not much was said. They just think I'm being liberal know it all again.
I think the problem is that maybe politics has never really affected them at a personal level and is against everything they believe.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2019-04-03, 11:18

So I guess you all probably heard that Detroit is going to get two Democratic debates, back to back nights in the end of July. That's kind of exciting.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-04-03, 11:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:So I guess you all probably heard that Detroit is going to get two Democratic debates, back to back nights in the end of July. That's kind of exciting.

That's pretty sweet and good for Detroit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-04-03, 11:25

I think I'm #TeamBeto or #TeamPete right now, followed by #TeamKamala and #TeamUncleJoe. But I'm definitely #TeamABT regardless of if it's Pocahontas or Bernie or Oprah.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2019-04-03, 11:32

I don't really know a lot about either Beto or Julian Castro, but getting a democrat from Texas elected president would be awesome. A brown one would be even funnier.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2019-04-08, 20:17

Buttigieg is a solid dude. Guy learned to speak Norwegian because he read an English translation of an author from Norway, and wanted to read his books that weren’t translated. If you want the polar opposite of what we have now he’s something to consider. Plus this.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/04/07/pete-buttigieg-god-being-gay-and-mike-pence/3330897002/

I have no idea who I’m supporting yet though. Gun to my head time to vote right now I’d probably vote for Warren as I think she’d make the best president, with some thought given to Pete and Harris. I worry about Warren’s ability to win given the number of people that would waste time talking about where her ancestors are from as if it’s relevant. Thankfully I have a year and all sorts of cluster fucks to go through before I have to make that call.

I don’t know why Eric Salwell announced today. He’s a good dude, has good potential. But there will be other presidential races. He doesn’t need to be involved this year.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2019-04-16, 08:40

Don Quixote to Challenge Don Trump In Republican Race

Well, technically, it's Bill Weld, but you you get my point.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-04-16, 08:58

Trump has sanitized and filtered the hatred and ineptness of his brand thoroughly.  Anything he says or does now is just white noise.  It has no effect anymore.  He has mastered the strategy of division and fear.  Complete 4.0 GPA mastery.  He's had help from the media of course.  Now, when a democrat candidate has some sort of newsworthy event or quote it will be focused on, shined, presented, fed, and nourished.  Because it's new.  All things considered, anybody with any doubt or concerns about safety will vote for him.  They will vote for their safety first.  And as long as we keep seeing Mexican faces on the news, poor people in groups walking in the streets of Mexico heading north, they will vote for him.  And Democrats will lose.  People HATE the man.  But they will vote for him.  They know he's a racist, they know he's a financial fraud, they know he's in bed with Russia, they know he finds little girls attractive, they know he's a shitty father and husband.  But you can hide in a voting booth.  Everyone can hear what you say or think, but they can't see what you do with that pencil in your hand.  People would vote for Charles Manson if they felt he was gonna protect them from scary brown people.  We are a dumb country.
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-04-16, 09:03

kingstonlake wrote:Trump has sanitized and filtered the hatred and ineptness of his brand thoroughly.  Anything he says or does now is just white noise.  It has no effect anymore.  He has mastered the strategy of division and fear.  Complete 4.0 GPA mastery.  He's had help from the media of course.  Now, when a democrat candidate has some sort of newsworthy event or quote it will be focused on, shined, presented, fed, and nourished.  Because it's new.  All things considered, anybody with any doubt or concerns about safety will vote for him.  They will vote for their safety first.  And as long as we keep seeing Mexican faces on the news, poor people in groups walking in the streets of Mexico heading north, they will vote for him.  And Democrats will lose.  People HATE the man.  But they will vote for him.  They know he's a racist, they know he's a financial fraud, they know he's in bed with Russia, they know he finds little girls attractive, they know he's a shitty father and husband.  But you can hide in a voting booth.  Everyone can hear what you say or think, but they can't see what you do with that pencil in your hand.  People would vote for Charles Manson if they felt he was gonna protect them from scary brown people.  We are a dumb country.
America is a stupid country.. and as long as its citizens allow the mainstream media to spoon feed them the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's agenda, it will continue to be that way.

we as people usually get what we deserve. And America - until we decide otherwise - deserves everything that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the mainstream media is forcing upon it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2019-04-22, 08:51

Some representative named Seth Moulton just threw his hat in the Democratic ring.

Good luck Mr. Irrelevant.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2019-04-25, 06:10

[tw]1121353260231688192[/tw]

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-04-25, 06:58

Will not vote for a 77yr old for anything.
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-04-25, 08:50

Yeah, agreed. If Biden gets the nomination I'll probably just sit out the vote or maybe I'll vote for Gary Johnson. Rolling Eyes
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2019-04-25, 08:52

I would vote for H.R. Puffnstuff to get that orange gasbag out of the WH.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2019-04-25, 09:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah, agreed. If Biden gets the nomination I'll probably just sit out the vote or maybe I'll vote for Gary Johnson. Rolling Eyes

This is how we elected Trump. It's what he's counting on. And I think it's gonna happen again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-04-25, 11:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah, agreed. If Biden gets the nomination I'll probably just sit out the vote or maybe I'll vote for Gary Johnson. Rolling Eyes

Yep, my mind is already made up. Going to vote straight ticket dem 2020. For the primary I will pick one and vote but I'm not going to get bent out of shape at all for whoever wins the nomination.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-04-25, 11:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:I would vote for H.R. Puffnstuff to get that orange gasbag out of the WH.

This guy gets it. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 4 969504605
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-04-25, 11:08

Is the GOP going to put forth any kind of candidate to go against Trump in the primaries? I don't know much about politics. I'm guessing not. If they do it may be worth considering voting in the Republican primary instead of the Democratic one (you have to pick, correct?).
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-04-25, 11:09

kingstonlake wrote:Will not vote for a 77yr old for anything.

Then you are a stupid man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-04-25, 11:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Is the GOP going to put forth any kind of candidate to go against Trump in the primaries? I don't know much about politics. I'm guessing not. If they do it may be worth considering voting in the Republican primary instead of the Democratic one (you have to pick, correct?).

The way Mitt is acting, maybe?  He's the only outsider.  I think they are too aligned for the most part.  How would they campaign?  "Hey I love your judicial nominees and your stance on abortion and the way you are treating brown people, and you totally didn't collude, and you're super popular with the base of the party, but I think I can do pretty much the exact same thing as you, but I won't tweet so much."
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-04-25, 11:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Is the GOP going to put forth any kind of candidate to go against Trump in the primaries? I don't know much about politics. I'm guessing not. If they do it may be worth considering voting in the Republican primary instead of the Democratic one (you have to pick, correct?).
William Weld announced.. I have this suspicion that John Kasich might announce, too.

either way, the christian patriots in the RNC have said they're not going to abandon the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator in any way.. so any challengers will pretty much have to fund and promote their own campaign.

Mitt is the new John McCain - a seemingly good guy who says all the right things when the camera is on him - but lines up behind the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator when the rubber hits the road.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-04-25, 11:17

DWags wrote:

This is how we elected Trump. It's what he's counting on. And I think it's gonna happen again.
yep - it's what the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the mainstream media is counting on..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-04-25, 11:17

Re: Roc - Yeah. True. I guess a very small half full side of me hopes that the Mueller thing continues to spiral even further, and he continues to go off the rails, and some grown ups in the party start to think that maybe this guy isn't electable or very stable and we might want to look at other options for the sake of the future of the party. It's 11:16 AM, I promise I'm not drinking yet.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-04-25, 11:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Re: Roc - Yeah. True. I guess a very small half full side of me hopes that the Mueller thing continues to spiral even further, and he continues to go off the rails, and some grown ups in the party start to think that maybe this guy isn't electable or very stable and we might want to look at other options for the sake of the future of the party. It's 11:16 AM, I promise I'm not drinking yet.

That's a nice story.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-04-25, 11:30

Yeah, if Kasich ran I'd absolutely consider switching up and voting for him. I'm for any winning strategy and to do whatever it takes to get things back on track.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-04-25, 11:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Re: Roc - Yeah. True. I guess a very small half full side of me hopes that the Mueller thing continues to spiral even further, and he continues to go off the rails, and some grown ups in the party start to think that maybe this guy isn't electable or very stable and we might want to look at other options for the sake of the future of the party. It's 11:16 AM, I promise I'm not drinking yet.
I admire your optimism - and I once shared the same degree of optimism - but the GOP has given absolutely no signal whatsoever that they, too, aren't owned by Russia and/or have somehow developed a moral conscience that would allow them to put country ahead of party.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-04-25, 11:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
William Weld announced.. I have this suspicion that John Kasich might announce, too.

either way, the christian patriots in the RNC have said they're not going to abandon the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator in any way.. so any challengers will pretty much have to fund and promote their own campaign.

Mitt is the new John McCain - a seemingly good guy who says all the right things when the camera is on him - but lines up behind the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator when the rubber hits the road.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think putting up a primary challenge against him will stop the Trump train.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-04-25, 11:56

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: William Weld announced.. I have this suspicion that John Kasich might announce, too.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think putting up a primary challenge against him will stop the Trump train.
oh, I agree - they're a despicable, pathetic bunch.

he's gonna get, say, 35% of the knuckle-draggers.. but I suspect/hope that a Republican challenger, though, can contrast the immoral, unethical racist bigoted christian sexual predator against what the GOP used to stand for - at the very least, maybe 5-8% of the genuine "good folks" who tend to vote Republican can use that as a reminder of how far their party has fallen.. and either just stay home or consider voting for a ticket that loves America and wants to put it back on the road to respect and morality.

I did that in whatever year Engler was running against Feiger. I wasn't a huge Engler fan but I sure as heck didn't want a scumbag like Geoffrey Feiger to represent the great state of Michigan, regardless of whether or not he had a (D) or an (R) by his name.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-04-25, 11:57; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-04-25, 11:56

I should have qualified that to be Democratic primary. I'd vote for my unwiped ass before Trump in the general.
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2019-04-26, 15:02

Joe Biden is the best candidate to beat Trump

As Democrats assess the dizzying array of 20 candidates, the first question they should ask is whether a nominee could gain a strong majority in the general election and defeat Trump. If the nominating process produces a candidate who appeals to the party’s base but can’t defeat the incumbent, it will have failed.

Progressive activists within the party are generating ideas and energy that could galvanize a country that wants a fairer economy and a cleaner government. But none of these ideas will matter unless a Democrat wins. The damage Trump would do in a second term might not be undone for decades. In thinking about their party's nominee, paradoxically, Democrats must put the country first.

It's a good read and provokes some thought re: forgoing impeachment proceedings.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-04-26, 15:50

The Democratic primary will do nothing but hurt the eventual nominee. Can they just pick one out of a hat and go straight to the general?
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2019-04-29, 22:03

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2019-04-29, 22:04

kingstonlake wrote:The Democratic primary will do nothing but hurt the eventual nominee. Can they just pick one out of a hat and go straight to the general?

Go to the general and save some time.

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 4 General
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-04-29, 22:46

I’m wrong about everything but Joe getting he nom has an inevitable feeling about it. Like it’s the backlash from all the progressives trying to claim some real estate. I don’t know. I’d like to see warren after hearing about how detailed her plans are. But it’ll probably be Joe.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-04-30, 08:10

Rocinante wrote:I’m wrong about everything but Joe getting he nom has an inevitable feeling about it. Like it’s the backlash from all the progressives trying to claim some real estate. I don’t know. I’d like to see warren after hearing about how detailed her plans are. But it’ll probably be Joe.

Warren has caught my eye.
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2019-04-30, 08:48

It's goig to be an interesting Democratic convention. I'm thinking there will be fireworks like the 1968 convention in Chicago. The Democratic party seems like it needs to spill it's own blood . It's a party that is willing to cut off it's own nose to spite it's face. I mean think about what Ralph Nader did to Gore in 2000 in Florida. He got Bush elected.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum