Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

+22
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Tim Wakefield
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
InTenSity
Heat Miser
msugolfguy
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
DWags
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
26 posters

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 6 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:29 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: okay.

FYI - I'm satisfied with the fact that I didn't vote for the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and, instead, voted for the most qualified person to ever run for president.

You're certainly welcome to your opinions on who you should vote for.
I'm satisfied that I didn't vote for him either. Instead, I voted for someone that I like and respect less than anyone that I've ever voted for for any office. I would normally vote third party if I don't like either candidate, but Trump was just so bad, especially just as a terrible person (apart from politics), that I had to vote against him, rather than for someone.

But your opinion or my opinion doesn't matter more than one vote each. The discussion was about the bigger picture, and you don't seem to understand any better than Hillary did 3 years ago, why significant numbers of people were voting for Bernie.

Regarding third parties, it's pretty much a binary choice in the election. I think both Trump and Bernie proved you can do more by joining the party than running as a third party candidate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 6 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:34 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: okay.

FYI - I'm satisfied with the fact that I didn't vote for the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and, instead, voted for the most qualified person to ever run for president.

You're certainly welcome to your opinions on who you should vote for.
I'm satisfied that I didn't vote for him either. Instead, I voted for someone that I like and respect less than anyone that I've ever voted for for any office. I would normally vote third party if I don't like either candidate, but Trump was just so bad, especially just as a terrible person (apart from politics), that I had to vote against him, rather than for someone.

But your opinion or my opinion doesn't matter more than one vote each. The discussion was about the bigger picture, and you don't seem to understand any better than Hillary did 3 years ago, why significant numbers of people were voting for Bernie.
Never been a Bernie fan. At all.

But I would've voted for him if he had gotten the nomination.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Never been a Bernie fan. At all.

Me too. And I'm not a fan of him politically, but I like and respect him as a person. That means more to me than politics.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:46 pm

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Regarding third parties, it's pretty much a binary choice in the election. I think both Trump and Bernie proved you can do more by joining the party than running as a third party candidate.
Only because people are conditioned to think like that, but it doesn't mean that's how it should be. That's how you get the tribalism, and the "if you're not with us, you're against us" attitude from both sides. It leads to this black and white view of the world, when there is so much grey out there. There are far more people in the middle than there are Dems or Pubs.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Never been a Bernie fan. At all.

Me too. And I'm not a fan of him politically, but I like and respect him as a person. That means more to me than politics.
agree.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Orlando Sentinel Endorsement: Anyone But Trump

From a newspaper that has endorsed R since Eisenhower. The video is worth a watch.

Donald Trump is in Orlando to announce the kickoff of his re-election campaign.

We’re here to announce our endorsement for president in 2020, or, at least, who we’re not endorsing: Donald Trump.

Some readers will wonder how we could possibly eliminate a candidate so far before an election, and before knowing the identity of his opponent.

Because there’s no point pretending we would ever recommend that readers vote for Trump.

After 2½ years we’ve seen enough.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:18 am

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/us/politics/2020-candidate-interviews.html

Pretty cool. All 21 Democrats answer the same 18 questions. Biden was the only that wasn’t available. Going to give this a read later.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:09 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48696124

How is Joe Biden leading the Democrats in the polls? Who out there likes and is excited for Joe Biden, and what the fuck do they like about him?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:24 pm

I'm perplexed as well, Cam.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:20 am

How did the debates go peoples?

I wanted to watch but got roped into other stuff. #TravisButtPlay
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:20 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:How did the debates go peoples?

I can't imagine watching that sort of thing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:07 am

Julian Castro did well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:23 am

I was surprised at the fact that so many of those faces I actually was seeing for the first time in my life. I guess I haven’t been paying that much attention
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:28 am

Booker and Beto speaking Spanish was cringey and the debate was somewhat lame IMO. Interested to see if Yang can make some waves tonight
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:53 am

It's on my DVR so there's a chance I might watch it. From what I saw on Twitter, another highlight was Booker's frustration/expression when Beto stole his thunder on something.

EDIT: OK, so I started watching it while working. In the first hour, Delaney got very little time, but was most impressive. They're going to Warren a lot.

This is the first I've really listened to Beto, not overly impressed, he's trying to hard for soundbytes and the whole espanol thing was bizarre.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:43 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:How did the debates go peoples?

I can't imagine watching that sort of thing.

I watched the Mets game instead. Seeing some of the post debate stuff this morning. Chris Matthews dumbfounded by Medicare for all. And he’s frightened by Warren using the word structural. Yang fans this guy will not be your friend tonight. Can they hire someone that is in touch with the 21st century? My sense is NBC has a bias towards Biden and they are ready for the big ratings show down with Trump vs Biden.

[tw]1144093855979069442[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:54 am

Also, nbc brought out an older white guy to express his gut feeling that Warren couldn’t win it. Good on O’Donnel to call it out.

[tw]1144104669104562176[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:58 am

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I can't imagine watching that sort of thing.

I watched the Mets game instead. Seeing some of the post debate stuff this morning. Chris Matthews dumbfounded by Medicare for all. And he’s frightened by Warren using the word structural. Yang fans this guy will not be your friend tonight. Can they hire someone that is in touch with the 21st century? My sense is NBC has a bias towards Biden and they are ready for the big ratings show down with Trump vs Biden.

[tw]1144093855979069442[/tw]
I was watching the CWS..

shocked that the mainstream media had a predetermined agenda spearheaded by some old white guy. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 6 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 am

CNN saying Trump was the loser at the debate. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 6 1f602
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 am

Delaney never really any more time. He was largely excluded from the conversation by the moderators.

First time I've also paid much attention to Castro. Also pretty impressive. Ditto for Klobuchar.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:30 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:CNN saying Trump was the loser at the debate. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 6 1f602

[tw]1144080829641089024[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:38 am

Is the DNC still going to be employing superdelegates in 2020? I thought I remember talk of doing away with them. Maybe it was just talk.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:39 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is the DNC still going to be employing superdelegates in 2020? I thought I remember talk of doing away with them. Maybe it was just talk.

Hillary isn't running so yes, they'll probably do away with them.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:13 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is the DNC still going to be employing superdelegates in 2020? I thought I remember talk of doing away with them. Maybe it was just talk.

Uh... pretty sure Biden already has them rolled up into his vote count.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:49 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Nice, so we're going to get another nominee appointed by the DNC.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:56 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Nice, so we're going to get another nominee appointed by the DNC.

I really have no idea... but if anyone is an "insider" that will get super-votes... its him..
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:09 pm

[tw]1144312621493116929[/tw]

Ratings were much higher than expected.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:26 pm

Question asked:
Cameron wrote:
How is Joe Biden leading the Democrats in the polls? Who out there likes and is excited for Joe Biden, and what the fuck do they like about him?

Question answered:
DWags wrote:I was surprised at the fact that so many of those faces I actually was seeing for the first time in my life. I guess I haven’t been paying that much attention

*Not saying that Dwags is for Biden, or saying anything bad about Dwags not seeing many of those faces before (I haven't either).  But I thought it was a good example of the question Cameron had asked a few posts above last week.  Point being that the reason Biden is leading in the polls is because he and Bernie are really the only household names/faces, and Biden more so than Bernie.  

And that isn't even a shot at the people polled.  There are 20 candidates, most of whom probably won't even still be in the race when the primaries in our respective states roll around.  Only the big political junkies will really know who most of these candidates are.  But very few people outside of their home states would have recognized Clinton or Obama in the summers of 91 and 07, so hopefully there's another relative unknown ready to burst forth that can actually give Trump a real fight.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:22 pm

Is anyone watching this bullshit?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is anyone watching this bullshit?

I am. Just turned it on. Dems need to winnow the field but also it’s still early. I like Bernie.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:15 pm

Get Yang some questions.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:19 pm

Gillibrabd getting a shit load of camera time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:19 pm

The author lady on the end has gotten zero time but impressed
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:21 pm

“Warren / Harris: It’s Time to Move on”
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:23 pm

Biden was probably thinking this was going to be a fun night, and all he had to do was show up...

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 6 D-HSTeDWkAA5uu_

Last edited by Turtleneck on Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:23 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The author lady on the end has gotten zero time but impressed

I saw a tweet about her where they cut her off. She said some stuff that is to real for tv. I’ll dig it up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:26 pm

Bernie with a great answer re climate change
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:26 pm

Found it

[tw]1144423930389770240[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:30 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Biden was probably thinking this was going to be a fun night, and all he had to do was show up...

Biden the man judged harshly through a 2019 lens.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:34 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Biden was probably thinking this was going to be a fun night, and all he had to do was show up...

Biden the man judged harshly through a 2019 lens.

And this sums up the moment really well...

[tw]1144428756922175488[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next