Dominos is unreal now

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dominos is unreal now

Post by Herbie Green on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Wtf? 
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 4927
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by steveschneider on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Diarrhea in a box
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10816
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Herbie Green on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:34 pm

steveschneider wrote:Diarrhea in a box

Oh shit
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 4927
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by steveschneider on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:45 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Diarrhea in a box

Oh shit

We were getting coupons with some good deals and decided to check it out. It's pretty tasty stuff and hard to stop eating in the same way Pringles is with all of that addictive MSG added to it. Next day is explosive for me. I recommend spending a few extra bucks for some Quilted Northern or Charmin. Good luck.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10816
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Stoops21 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:11 pm

Jets will always be king

_________________
To die in Ann Arbor is redundant
avatar
Stoops21
Spartiate

Posts : 823
Join date : 2014-04-23
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:16 pm

There's a pizza thread here, somewhere....

Opinions are like assholes, but, yeah...Domino's is solid now. Especially the pan and Brooklyn style.

Does not give you the runs. Maybe steve got a bad batch of meat.

It still does not compare to local places, however most local places won't deliver at 11/12/1 AM and Domino's will.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14763
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Turtleneck on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:18 pm

As a kid, my dad did not allow us to eat Dominos because of Tom Monaghan. I have carried that boycott forward.
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21281
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by The Pantry on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:26 pm

Only thing worse than Dominos is Hungry Howies. Shields gets 3rd worst place beating out Papa John's
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7684
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Herbie Green on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:31 pm

The Pantry wrote:Only thing worse than Dominos is Hungry Howies.  Shields gets 3rd worst place beating out Papa John's

You have no idea.  Its better than the fire stuff under the Brookyln Bridge now.
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 4927
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by The Pantry on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:45 am

Herbie Green wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Only thing worse than Dominos is Hungry Howies.  Shields gets 3rd worst place beating out Papa John's

You have no idea.  Its better than the fire stuff under the Brookyln Bridge now.
But, where are all the old commercials claiming their "new" pizza is better?
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7684
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by The Pantry on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:48 am

Stoops21 wrote:Jets will always be king
Buscemi's is much better but they don't deliver.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7684
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Floyd Robertson on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:09 am

The Pantry wrote:Only thing worse than Dominos is Hungry Howies. Shields gets 3rd worst place beating out Papa John's

I haven't had Shields since November 1987 but it used to be great.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12076
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Izzo Court on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:37 am

I hadn't had Dominos in probably 10 years. I gave it a try Saturday and it wasn't bad. I would say it's a step above Little Caesars.
avatar
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 473
Join date : 2014-05-06
Location : Dimondale

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by GRR Spartan on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:47 am

Stock price has gone from around $6.50 per share to the $250 range since Dave Brandon left to create red ink as umaa's AD.

New recipies, ingredients, and major IT improvements.  Ordering online from your mobile device makes things easier / quicker and it also saves the franchisee from making product people say they didn't order.


Last edited by GRR Spartan on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5326
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Floyd Robertson on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:51 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Stock price has gone from around $6.50 per share to the $250 range since Dave Brandon left to create red ink as umaa's AD.

New recipies, ingredients, and major IT improvements.  Ordering online from your mobile device makes things easier / quicker and it also saves the franchisee from making product people say the didn't order.

Not to mention the stock bump from the crazy new Dominos Ferris Bueller ads.

avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12076
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by CaptainSlow33 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:32 am

Had one open by us recently and decided to give it a try a few weeks ago. It's nothing special, but a pretty good deal and tastes alright. Our new go-to for quick pizza.
avatar
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Posts : 127
Join date : 2017-01-12
Location : Southeast Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by steveschneider on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:24 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There's a pizza thread here, somewhere....

Opinions are like assholes, but, yeah...Domino's is solid now. Especially the pan and Brooklyn style.

Does not give you the runs. Maybe steve got a bad batch of meat.

It still does not compare to local places, however most local places won't deliver at 11/12/1 AM and Domino's will.

This was based on a few times, not just one. Maybe it's just me but my stomach does not agree with Dominos. I have to say too, NYC pizza raised the bar and you just can't go back to the pizza chains after that.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10816
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by steveschneider on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:02 am

From Urban Dictionary:

The Domino's Effectfood
The effect that Domino's pizza has on you abput 15 hours after you eat it.

domino's pizza company, as you may know, is a place to call when you're sitting around at 2:00 am (most likely intoxicated)starving to death.

However, your impulse decisions will eventually bring on the Domino's Effect within 15 hours or less. Signs of the Domino's effect are:
1) extreme amounts of gas, including farting and sulfuric acid/carbon dioxide belches.
2) trips to the restroom about 4 times per half an hour for anywhere from 2 - 9 hours.
3) green diarrhea and excretion of all consumed liquids (soda, water, beer, juice, etc.)
4) a slight comatose feeling

When you get the Domino's Effect, it's best to just wait it out. Don't make plans for the next day or two, and keep a trusty container of Rollaids at hand.
"We were starving out of our minds when we decided to call a pizza place. Domino's delevered 45 minutes later, and we were all satisfied. The next day, in the afternoon, I wasn't feeling good, when I realized: The Domino's Effect has started...."
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10816
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by StylesGShmooth on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Half off all pizzas if you order online this week.
avatar
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1192
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by LooseGoose on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:26 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:Half off all pizzas if you order online this week.

If Steve would guarantee me diarrhea I would order one, I need a good cleansing.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31348
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 96
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Turtleneck on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:33 pm

I heard that poster LooseGoose puts pineapple on pizza.
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21281
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by SeeRockCity on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Marcos is the best delivery chain at the moment.

That is all.

_________________
I don't even post here anymore.
avatar
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Posts : 3763
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Atlanta, GA

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Turtleneck on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:07 pm

This thread is making me want pizza.
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21281
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by gHost Spartan on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Call me crazy but I always thought Dominos was alright for that type of pizza; much better than either Little Cesar's or Papa John's. Someone mentioned Hungry Howie's - isn't HH more "upscale" than Dominos, Little Cesar's and Papa John's?
avatar
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Posts : 4519
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : ARIZONA

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by tGreenWay on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:40 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:Call me crazy but I always thought Dominos was alright for that type of pizza; much better than either Little Cesar's or Papa John's. Someone mentioned Hungry Howie's - isn't HH more "upscale" than Dominos, Little Cesar's and Papa John's?

You cray.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18675
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by tGreenWay on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Btw, all those listed are garbage pizzas, but I would put HH at the very bottom, IMO.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18675
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by The Pantry on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:06 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Btw, all those listed are garbage pizzas, but I would put HH at the very bottom, IMO.
Kinda funny. The few pizzas I've ordered from HH on separate occasions were complete disasters...way over-cooked.

Best HH pizza I've had was off a catering truck. Boxed personal pizza with only pepperoni. Was actually pretty good, but no way I'll ever order that shit again for home delivery.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7684
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by steveschneider on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:Half off all pizzas if you order online this week.

If Steve would guarantee me diarrhea I would order one, I need a good cleansing.

What do you have to lose? Either you are going to eat a pizza that is supposedly better than the fire stuff under the Brooklyn bridge (not) or you are going to have bowl shattering diarrhea (you will)
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10816
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by The Pantry on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:22 pm

Out of curiosity thought about ordering Dominos for lunch today. Discovered there is not a Dominos within delivery range of my place of employment. There are three Jets locations that will deliver there.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7684
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:30 pm

steve, don't get me wrong, if I lived where you did, or anywhere with reasonable options I would never order dominoes. That said I live in the burbs, and pizza is my favorite fucking food in the world and my go to cheat meal, and it tastes especially good after a few beers on a Saturday night. My options are severely limited after 11 PM, even on a weekend night. I have a Jets that will deliver until 12, but you better not call them after 11:20 or so or they will basically blackball you, Domino's, or Howies. HH is open until 2 but it's bad, like I would rather have Little Caesar's bad.

Or I can make my own (have a pretty damn good NY crust recipe), but that's an ordeal.

Or I can pre-plan and go get a 1/2 bake from Buddy's or somewhere else, which sadly, I often do.

And sadly again, despite all of the above, I have ordered from Domino's enough times to get probably 4 or 5 free pizzas this year, and I still maintain that they are VASTLY improved from 5-10 years ago and I have never gotten the runs from eating it. Not saying you haven't.

HH is so bad that I often load the pizza and/or bread up with 4x cajun seasoning and that, my friend, that will give you the runs the next day.

Papa Johns is trash and I would order from Domino's every time over it - however, the pan they came out with last year is not terrible.

Still, if you live in NYC, Detroit, Chicago, etc....no reason to order Domino's other than desperation.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14763
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by steveschneider on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:28 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:steve, don't get me wrong, if I lived where you did, or anywhere with reasonable options I would never order dominoes. That said I live in the burbs, and pizza is my favorite fucking food in the world and my go to cheat meal, and it tastes especially good after a few beers on a Saturday night. My options are severely limited after 11 PM, even on a weekend night. I have a Jets that will deliver until 12, but you better not call them after 11:20 or so or they will basically blackball you, Domino's, or Howies. HH is open until 2 but it's bad, like I would rather have Little Caesar's bad.

Or I can make my own (have a pretty damn good NY crust recipe), but that's an ordeal.

Or I can pre-plan and go get a 1/2 bake from Buddy's or somewhere else, which sadly, I often do.

And sadly again, despite all of the above, I have ordered from Domino's enough times to get probably 4 or 5 free pizzas this year, and I still maintain that they are VASTLY improved from 5-10 years ago and I have never gotten the runs from eating it. Not saying you haven't.

HH is so bad that I often load the pizza and/or bread up with 4x cajun seasoning and that, my friend, that will give you the runs the next day.

Papa Johns is trash and I would order from Domino's every time over it - however, the pan they came out with last year is not terrible.

Still, if you live in NYC, Detroit, Chicago, etc....no reason to order Domino's other than desperation.

Yeah, I hear you. We were drawn in because we left NYC and had to figure out something else. At first we loved the ap, the ease of ordering, the speed at which they deliver and the pies are tasty. I definitely think they've improved their product and the shopping experience and I'm not just saying that because their ex ceo was Dave Brandon.

I've found a good pizzeria about 20 miles from my house and that's my go to place these days. If you are lucky enough to have one close to your house support independent pizzerias folks.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10816
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Herbie Green on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:08 am

I heard they changed the recipe but I dont know it seems like it changed again because this was a whole new level of taste explosion.  Maybe I just really had an extreme case of munchies, lol.
I swear by Jets but this is not far behind.  Double cheese, I dont usually get that but give it a try.
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 4927
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Death Roe on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:22 am

I like Dominos' large pizza, but for some reason the medium tastes worse.

_________________
SHOCKULAR:
Where to start?
I mean, the first thing with pea soup is the texture, okay?
I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8195
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Herbie Green on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:02 pm

I had two mediums two items $15 delivered. Aint that America
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 4927
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum