Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones Season 7 - WAR IS COMING

+17
Tim Wakefield
Herbie Green
Stoops21
pulling69
Banks2Mason
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
InTenSity
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Death Roe
21 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones Season 7 - WAR IS COMING - Page 4 Empty Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 - WAR IS COMING

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-06, 22:04

Mild annoyance. I bet you guys like it when I point something like this out.

If Dani and dragon had flanked them instead of going right up the middle she would have burnt the whole fuckin army before they had any idea what the hell to do about it. Instead she toasted like 50 guys. Or at least from behind. But that's not as good of a camera shot.

I'm an expert in dragon wielding strategy you guys.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Season 7 - WAR IS COMING - Page 4 Empty Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 - WAR IS COMING

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-06, 22:05

I agree and didn't she burn up all the food she was complaining about them stealing??
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-06, 22:08

Death Roe wrote:I agree and didn't she burn up all the food she was complaining about them stealing??

Seemed like she burned all the food
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-06, 22:39

Awesome awesome episode. Hadn't thought of the dragon becoming a white walker.

My only question and didn't have a chance to rewind because #kids and already had to pause and restart like 3x to go upstairs to deal with various bullshit.

What the fuck did Bran say to Little Finger when he tried to give him the dagger? And I vaguely remember when they tried to take Bran out but I forget the details? I'm sure it was Jamie's call, right? Was LF involved?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-06, 22:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Awesome awesome episode. Hadn't thought of the dragon becoming a white walker.

My only question and didn't have a chance to rewind because #kids and already had to pause and restart like 3x to go upstairs to deal with various bullshit.

What the fuck did Bran say to Little Finger when he tried to give him the dagger? And I vaguely remember when they tried to take Bran out but I forget the details? I'm sure it was Jamie's call, right? Was LF involved?

I think it's still unclear who was involved. Someone sent an assasin. They blamed Tyrion but it obvi wasn't him. I think we were meant to assume that it was Jaime but it was actually little finger. I don't think that was confirmed ever. I might be wrong.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-06, 22:43

Thanks Trav. What did Bran say? It was one word I believe.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-06, 22:43

I don't know. Probably something cryptic. I'll go check if no one answers.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-08-06, 22:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Thanks Trav. What did Bran say? It was one word I believe.
"Chaos is a ladder"

I believe Little Finger once said it about his scheming.

Edit: He said it to Varys when discussing the iron throne.  Here is the quote:

Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, never to try again. The fall breaks them. And some given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love, the illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

I think it was meant to impart that he has seen some of Little Finger's scheming. Not good for Little Finger.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2017-08-06, 22:57; edited 2 times in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-06, 22:49

Chaos is a ladder

I think that's the line you were looking for. The only other thing he said was "do you know who this belonged to."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-06, 22:49

Msu addict Game of Thrones Season 7 - WAR IS COMING - Page 4 1f44a
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-08-06, 23:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Mild annoyance. I bet you guys like it when I point something like this out.

If Dani and dragon had flanked them instead of going right up the middle she would have burnt the whole fuckin army before they had any idea what the hell to do about it. Instead she toasted like 50 guys. Or at least from behind. But that's not as good of a camera shot.

When watching I thought that was her way of listening to Jon... She could have torched them all but instead put on a show which would also leave some to live & tell.

Although preview for next week doesn't look like that
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-07, 00:07

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Mild annoyance. I bet you guys like it when I point something like this out.

When watching I thought that was her way of listening to Jon... She could have torched them all but instead put on a show which would also leave some to live & tell.

Although preview for next week doesn't look like that

I thought Jon was just reiterating the thing that Tyrion has said before- don't go straight at kings landing because, while you'd win, you'd be a total dick for it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-08-07, 07:25

Death Roe wrote:Great episode.

Setting up that dragon becoming a white walker for sure.

I think Jaime leaves Cersei and commits to house Stark, not knowing they're aligned with Danerys.

What makes you think the dragon becomes a white walker?
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-07, 07:48

Did I miss the part where the dragon actually croaked or are you all just assuming he's a goner?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-07, 08:04

Stoops21 wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Great episode.

Setting up that dragon becoming a white walker for sure.

I think Jaime leaves Cersei and commits to house Stark, not knowing they're aligned with Danerys.

Let's say you can't get that spear out of it, because it had a pretty bent tip for obvious reasons. If it dies somewhere near the White Walkers, they will resurrect it for their purposes, like all the Wildlings that died. They have that giant who is now an undead WW.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-08-07, 09:10

Would it be an ice breathing dragon?
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-07, 09:11

MSU addict wrote:Would it be an ice breathing dragon?

It would breathe out personal lubricant via hookups to 55-gallon drums of it. Enemies would slip and fall and hurt themselves too much to put up a fight.

RIP Alan Ruck.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-08-07, 09:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What the fuck did Bran say to Little Finger when he tried to give him the dagger? And I vaguely remember when they tried to take Bran out but I forget the details? I'm sure it was Jamie's call, right? Was LF involved?
It has never been clear on the show who hired someone to kill Bran. I think the scene points to it being Little Finger, that Bran knows it, and that Bran also knows Little Finger betrayed his father (the dagger was last seen on Ned Stark's desk in Kings Landing after the assassination attempt).
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-07, 09:31

Slight gripe with the episode - it was super convenient that Jon stumbled upon the super primitive cave drawings that led to more super primitive cave drawings that led to 3D 4K ultra high res drawings of the white walkers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-08-07, 10:39

Jaime commits to house stark without knowing he's with the dragons ? Wait wut death roe?

Agree with wbh above, also wasn't a huge fan of the Jaime cliff hanger at the end. Very good ep as usual this season. Arya showing off was badass.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-07, 10:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Jaime commits to house stark without knowing he's with the dragons ? Wait wut death roe?

Agree with wbh above, also wasn't a huge fan of the Jaime cliff hanger at the end. Very good ep as usual this season. Arya showing off was badass.

I don't even see it as a cliffhanger. That's not how he's gonna die... if he was going to die then why even have bronn tackle him out of the way of the fire in the first place? Just let him get burned.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-07, 10:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Jaime commits to house stark without knowing he's with the dragons ? Wait wut death roe?

I was just thinking. I'll keep my opinions to myself.

(joking, relax)

I probably wasn't thinking all the way through, but if Jaime went to find Brienne, who is with House Stark, and commits to them, I don't think he knows they're aligned with House Targaryen. Unless I forgot something, there are quite a few plotlines to follow.

Again, I binged this show in about 2 weeks so I probably am forgetting things.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-07, 11:23

Haha, for real? Noah Syndergaard fighting for the Lannisters.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/07/noah-syndergaard-appeared-in-that-epic-game-of-thrones-battle-sunday-night/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=598883f704d3017230eca88d&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-08-07, 12:33

I missed it on the show but just read the gold did make it back to Kings Landing.   That surprised and dissapointed me because I wanted to see what the iron bank was capable of to collect its debts.  Do they have their own army more powerful than anyone's or are they only capable of financially backing an opponent?  How would they keep all this money and power without an army to protect it?
It seems the Iron Bank is going to play a pivotal role at some point or they wouldn't bring them back in the story at this point.  I suppose Cersai will just not pay the iron bank back for starters?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-07, 12:56

Herbie Green wrote:I missed it on the show but just read the gold did make it back to Kings Landing.   That surprised and dissapointed me because I wanted to see what the iron bank was capable of to collect its debts.  Do they have their own army more powerful than anyone's or are they only capable of financially backing an opponent?  How would they keep all this money and power without an army to protect it?
It seems the Iron Bank is going to play a pivotal role at some point or they wouldn't bring them back in the story at this point.  I suppose Cersai will just not pay the iron bank back for starters?

The bank could simply be as a convenient tool to move pieces around like getting the Lannister army on a road back to kings landing and the unsullied to castelry rock. If Cersei didn't need the money then there was no reason to do any of that. I don't think you're going to get too much of what you asked for in expanding knowledge of the iron bank at this point. In the show at least.

Also they probably don't have any of that. But they do have a bunch of money and their neighbor is a crazy clan of assassins.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-08-07, 13:25

I suppose they are not going to bring the Iron Bank to be a more important charactor than those they have developed for seven seasons.
But I still think they will play a pivotal role in one of the biggest remaining plot twists because the Iron Bank always needs to pick the winning side.  
And or I think they might be using them to set up the very last line of the show "A Lanaster always pays its debt" said as Tyreun jabs a knife in John Snow or the Mad Queen.
And the series will end in essentially the same place it started.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-08-07, 17:54

Death Roe wrote:
Stoops21 wrote:

Let's say you can't get that spear out of it, because it had a pretty bent tip for obvious reasons. If it dies somewhere near the White Walkers, they will resurrect it for their purposes, like all the Wildlings that died. They have that giant who is now an undead WW.
Ok, but why would it die anywhere near the White Walkers? They aren't even at the wall yet, and I don't think a wounded beast with little mobility is going to fly hundreds (thousands?) of miles toward a cold, bitter climate that it has never known. But who knows, maybe it will be one of those moments where have to suspend logic and time and just go with it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-08-07, 22:56

Dude Death Roe is a tv watching pro.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-07, 23:04

Overthinking department. I started watching S1 again from the beginning. In S1E2 Tyrion mentions he hopes Bran will wake and he wonders what he will have to say. Jamie "My dear brother, sometimes I do wonder what side you are on."
Tyrion "My dear brother. You wound me. You know how much I love my family."

Foreshadowing perhaps?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-08-07, 23:40

I'm finally caught up! S6E9 was top notch. Top 3 episode of TV i've ever seen

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Slight gripe with the episode - it was super convenient that Jon stumbled upon the super primitive cave drawings that led to more super primitive cave drawings that led to 3D 4K ultra high res drawings of the white walkers.

First thing I thought was that Jon had drawn those real quick to convince Danerys Game of Thrones Season 7 - WAR IS COMING - Page 4 502811600

White walker dragon theory is cool but unlikely imo

Sansa looks hot this season
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-08-08, 01:54

It's great to have you wake. Welcome!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-08, 08:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Overthinking department. I started watching S1 again from the beginning. In S1E2 Tyrion mentions he hopes Bran will wake and he wonders what he will have to say. Jamie "My dear brother, sometimes I do wonder what side you are on."
Tyrion "My dear brother. You wound me. You know how much I love my family."

Foreshadowing perhaps?

Foreshadowing- but probably more to the time that he killed his dad.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-08, 08:25

spoiler alert

Never seen it. Didn't watch.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-08-08, 09:21

Overthinking #2

I am becoming convinced Varys is not on Dany's side.   He goes to Meereen last season, Dany's fleet gets burned.  (Why would they burn her ships - they want her gone)

He is in on the Dany's takeover plans and somehow Euron mystically knows exactly where their fleet is, both on the way to Dorne and at Casterly Rock.

The easy guess is that he is still working for the Lannisters.  My money is that he sees himself on the Iron Throne, which is exactly why he repeatedly claims he wants no part of it.

Little Finger was talking to Varys when he said:  “Chaos isn’t a pit, chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.”  I think Varys took those words to heart.  

Also remember his conversation with Melisandre last episode Varys says "Give us common folk one taste of power, we're like the lion who tasted man. Nothing is ever so sweet again."
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-08, 09:39

I agree with the first half of that but not once you start in that he's still working with the lannisters. I think he was being honest when he says that he works for the realm- a realm that if they continue to spend all of their time fighting over who is in charge will be completely destroyed. When Dani said that she wanted to "break the wheel" she still meant with her in charge of everything. I think Varys' angle is more break the wheel, but in a "this is all stupid there shouldn't even be a king or queen" type of way.

Also I don't think anyone will end up being king or queen at the end of this all so there's that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-08-08, 10:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I agree with the first half of that but not once you start in that he's still working with the lannisters. I think he was being honest when he says that he works for the realm- a realm that if they continue to spend all of their time fighting over who is in charge will be completely destroyed. When Dani said that she wanted to "break the wheel" she still meant with her in charge of everything. I think Varys' angle is more break the wheel, but in a "this is all stupid there shouldn't even be a king or queen" type of way.

Also I don't think anyone will end up being king or queen at the end of this all so there's that.
The realm is literally defined as a kingdom.  I don't think he is suggesting government of the people, for the people, by the people - it is at best a a feudal society.

The realm needs a ruler.  I think he views himself as the best choice.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-08-08, 11:04

This episode was MUCH better. It had a purpose and it got to it without rushing. The exchange of Casterly Rock and Highgarden and the burning of the fleet carrying the unsullied didn't all have to happen in one episode, but it was set up for what's happening now. I hope they plan these things better going forward. Anyway:

I so want Jamie dead. Fuck that guy. They keep showing him aghast at the violence and insanity. Do people not remember him happily tossing children out windows?

I think everyone who is committed to Daenerys is committed. Forces are aligning on two solid sides, with the third army they will need to ally against being the walkers. There's no time left for any serious shifts in power.

Somebody needs to kill Baelish. That dude is going to fuck everything up. I just know he's going to take another one of the starks with him when he goes out. I'm going to say it'll be Arya.

I love Cersie. Like I hate her, but fuck she's so goddamn sexy.

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

Fuck OTPT.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-08, 11:09

MSU addict wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I agree with the first half of that but not once you start in that he's still working with the lannisters. I think he was being honest when he says that he works for the realm- a realm that if they continue to spend all of their time fighting over who is in charge will be completely destroyed. When Dani said that she wanted to "break the wheel" she still meant with her in charge of everything. I think Varys' angle is more break the wheel, but in a "this is all stupid there shouldn't even be a king or queen" type of way.

The realm is literally defined as a kingdom.  I don't think he is suggesting government of the people, for the people, by the people - it is at best a a feudal society.

That doesn't mean that that can't change... I mean, look at our own worlds history. Not everybody needs to be directly working for someone else, if nothing else.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-08-08, 12:09

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

That doesn't mean that that can't change... I mean, look at our own worlds history. Not everybody needs to be directly working for someone else, if nothing else.
That change is not going to occur in the next nine episodes. If anything the fight against the white walkers will require a strong ruler.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-08, 12:23

MSU addict wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

That change is not going to occur in the next nine episodes. If anything the fight against the white walkers will require a strong ruler.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that no one is "sitting on the iron throne" at the end of 9 episodes.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next