NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-07-31, 13:19

I think this is pretty freakin' awesome..

CHICAGO — A WGN News exclusive — Steve Bartman is receiving an official Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Championship ring as a special gift from the Ricketts family and the Cubs organization.

Steve Bartman to Receive 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-31, 13:21

That is really nice. I hope the news reaches him in the cave he has been hiding in deep in the Himalayas.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-07-31, 13:22

Turtleneck wrote:That is really nice. I hope the news reaches him in the cave he has been hiding in deep in the Himalayas.
I was thinking the same thing.

in the linked article, he actually issues a public statement about it..
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-07-31, 13:22

Fucking Cubbies would have won the World Series a decade earlier hadn't it been for him. Fuck Bartman.
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-07-31, 13:38

gHost Spartan wrote:Fucking Cubbies would have won the World Series a decade earlier hadn't it been for him. Fuck Bartman.

I didn't know it was his fault they blew game 6 and went on to get crushed in game 7.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-31, 13:43

gHost Spartan wrote:Fucking Cubbies would have won the World Series a decade earlier hadn't it been for him. Fuck Bartman.

^ Grew up in Jersey. Attended Michigan State. Lived in Arizona. Angry Cubs fan.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-07-31, 13:47

tGreenWay wrote:

^ Grew up in Jersey. Attended Michigan State. Lived in Arizona. Angry Cubs fan.
I actually hate the Cubs. My wife is from Chicago and she's a Cubs fan but definitely not me. I was rooting for the Indians in the World Series.
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2017-07-31, 14:16

Sounds like a participation trophy to me.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-07-31, 14:17

steveschneider wrote:Sounds like a participation trophy to me.

Probably more like "Hey, our fanbase is irrational and was really fucking stupid all those years ago. Here you go, man. Sorry for ruining your life for a decade-plus."

Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-07-31, 14:17

people can call it whatever they want.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-31, 14:19

Death Roe wrote:

Probably more like "Hey, our fanbase is irrational and was really fucking stupid all those years ago. Here you go, man. Sorry for ruining your life for a decade-plus."

And he's still gonna get his ass kicked, and now they're going to steal his ring.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-07-31, 14:20

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

And he's still gonna get his ass kicked, and now they're going to steal his ring.

If I were him I'd just sell that thing. You know someone would pay an absurd amount to have that ring, even though his last name is engraved on it.

Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-31, 14:29

Death Roe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If I were him I'd just sell that thing. You know someone would pay an absurd amount to have that ring, even though his last name is engraved on it.

I don't think that would endear him to the Ricketts family.
If it were the Tigers and it was me, I'd never let it go. But the Tigers aren't winning a WS in my lifetime, so it doesn't matter to me.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2017-07-31, 14:30

Death Roe wrote:

Should Bill Buckner get a 2004 WS ring from the Red Sox?
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-07-31, 14:30

steveschneider wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Fuck that.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2017-07-31, 14:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Fuck that.

I feel the same way about Bartman getting a ring.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-31, 14:34

I want a Rose Bowl ring for surviving JLS.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-07-31, 14:37

I bet it's the crap ring the employees got and not the real one the players got.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-07-31, 14:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I bet it's the crap ring the employees got and not the real one the players got.
What's the difference? Fake instead of real diamonds?
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-31, 14:52

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I bet it's the crap ring the employees got and not the real one the players got.
What's the difference? Fake instead of real diamonds?

The real ones are dipped in beach shit.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2017-07-31, 14:56

Turtleneck wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: What's the difference? Fake instead of real diamonds?

steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2017-07-31, 14:57

No they would have won if Alex Gonzalez would have fielder the routine grounder on the next pitch
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-07-31, 15:05

Turtleneck wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: What's the difference? Fake instead of real diamonds?

gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 on 2017-07-31, 16:26

How did they get ahold of him? Does he actually want to speak publicly? Dudes life has been ruined by those fans.

Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway on 2017-08-01, 07:56

What the fuck - BobbySaks starting an quasi-sports related thread.

Must be one of the signs of the apocalypse

- the Swill
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-08-01, 08:06

Wally Fairway wrote:What the fuck - BobbySaks starting an quasi-sports related thread.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've turned over a new leaf at tSwill..

I ain't sayin' that I won't perpetuate the snark when justified, but I love each and every one of you dearly.... so I have made the conscious decision over the last few months to back off of the anti-sports persona.

you guys are all great Americans and great Spartans.

GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2017-08-01, 09:00

I noticed Bobby. I just thought I would let you know.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway on 2017-08-01, 09:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:What the fuck - BobbySaks starting an quasi-sports related thread.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've turned over a new leaf at tSwill..

I ain't sayin' that I won't perpetuate the snark when justified, but I love each and every one of you dearly.... so I have made the conscious decision over the last few months to back off of the anti-sports persona.

GO GREEN!!

Huh - good to hear, I only come around every week or so when MSU sports aren't being contested. So this was shocking for me.

- the Swill
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-01, 09:41

Wally Fairway wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I don't know if you've noticed, but I've turned over a new leaf at tSwill..

GO GREEN!!

Huh - good to hear, I only come around every week or so when MSU sports aren't being contested. So this was shocking for me.

Yeah, well, it's really boring.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-08-01, 10:46

InTenSity wrote:I noticed Bobby. I just thought I would let you know.
thanks man.. I'm basically a (almost) 48 year old child who needs positive reinforcement as it relates to behavioral changes.

so your statement means a lot.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-08-01, 10:47

Turtleneck wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

Yeah, well, it's really boring.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum