Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Go down

Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-06, 20:22

avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6577
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-06, 20:28

Absolutely it's all going to hell. There were no mines before Trump. Silliness.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40810
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-06, 20:34

LooseGoose wrote:Absolutely it's all going to hell. There were no mines before Trump. Silliness.

Were you a straw farmer back in the day?

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25940
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by NigelUno on 2017-08-06, 21:13

LooseGoose wrote:Absolutely it's all going to hell. There were no mines before Trump. Silliness.

From the article...(did you read it?):

Separately, Mr. Trump’s Interior Department is drawing up plans to reduce wilderness and historic areas that are now protected as national monuments, creating even more opportunities for profit.

Are you in favor of that?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21310
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-06, 21:20

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Absolutely it's all going to hell. There were no mines before Trump. Silliness.

From the article...(did you read it?):

Separately, Mr. Trump’s Interior Department is drawing up plans to reduce wilderness and historic areas that are now protected as national monuments, creating even more opportunities for profit.

Are you in favor of that?


Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25940
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-06, 21:36

Trumpite true believers don't give a fuck what Trump and his administration does until their water sources and streams are polluted.

Besides the pollution it appears to be a rigged bid game. 11 of 107 bids got more than one bidder.
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6577
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-07, 08:38

GRR Spartan wrote:Trumpite true believers don't give a fuck what Trump and his administration does until their water sources and streams are polluted.

Besides the pollution it appears to be a rigged bid game. 11 of 107 bids got more than one bidder.

2 totally inane statements in one post. Batting 1.000 for this one, new record.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40810
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-08-07, 08:43

I'm looking forward to coal making America great again..

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 28333
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-07, 08:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm looking forward to coal making America great again..

It'll probably be the 2nd year of President Pence's term before you see real results Bob.

avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40810
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-08-07, 08:51

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm looking forward to coal making America great again..

It'll probably be the 2nd year of President Pence's term before you see real results Bob.

as long as we can keep black people where they belong and take healthcare away from poor people, I'll be happy.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 28333
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-07, 08:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It'll probably be the 2nd year of President Pence's term before you see real results Bob.

as long as we can keep black people where they belong and take healthcare away from poor people, I'll be happy.


This reminds me I actually have a post I should make with serious questions...
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40810
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-08-07, 09:20

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: as long as we can keep black people where they belong and take healthcare away from poor people, I'll be happy.


This reminds me I actually have a post I should make with serious questions...
I'd love to hear your serious questions!
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 28333
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-07, 09:21

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: as long as we can keep black people where they belong and take healthcare away from poor people, I'll be happy.


This reminds me I actually have a post I should make with serious questions...

What site will the questions be copied from?

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25940
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-07, 11:30

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Trumpite true believers don't give a fuck what Trump and his administration does until their water sources and streams are polluted.

Besides the pollution it appears to be a rigged bid game.  11 of 107 bids got more than one bidder.

2 totally inane statements in one post.   Batting 1.000 for this one, new record.

Neither are innane unless you want an American authoritarian oligarchy and are part of the base Trump called out in his latest barage of tweets..
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6577
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-08, 00:15

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Absolutely it's all going to hell. There were no mines before Trump. Silliness.

From the article...(did you read it?):

Separately, Mr. Trump’s Interior Department is drawing up plans to reduce wilderness and historic areas that are now protected as national monuments, creating even more opportunities for profit.

Are you in favor of that?

Goose?
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26580
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-08, 09:25

tGreenWay wrote:
Separately, Mr. Trump’s Interior Department is drawing up plans to reduce wilderness and historic areas that are now protected as national monuments, creating even more opportunities for profit.

Are you in favor of that?
Goose?

As with many things it's not as simple as yes/no.   First I think the National Monument set asides have gotten out of control.   There needs to be much more local input rather than Presidential decree alone.

Now the "more opportunities for profit" - the article never really gets into them.  

Are they only referring to drilling and mining?  Or is logging included?  

We need more logging which enviros killed off.   Want to reduce the fire danger?  Science tells you to thin the stands of trees.  The "party of science" should support that but in many cases they don't.

Are we talking concessions run on public land like rafting, canoeing, food stands, etc?

Yes profits are made but why would our government be against that?  We are a nation of capitalists after all, right?

Anyone that denies that commercialism in many, many forms is all over our public land today is denying reality.   The real question is what we allow and how we regulate it.  And that's my answer, I'm in favor of it as long as the environmental impact is minimized.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40810
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by NigelUno on 2017-08-08, 09:41

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:


Are you in favor of that?
Goose?

As with many things it's not as simple as yes/no.   First I think the National Monument set asides have gotten out of control.   There needs to be much more local input rather than Presidential decree alone.

Now the "more opportunities for profit" - the article never really gets into them.  

Are they only referring to drilling and mining?  Or is logging included?  

We need more logging which enviros killed off.   Want to reduce the fire danger?  Science tells you to thin the stands of trees.  The "party of science" should support that but in many cases they don't.

Are we talking concessions run on public land like rafting, canoeing, food stands, etc?

Yes profits are made but why would our government be against that?  We are a nation of capitalists after all, right?

Anyone that denies that commercialism in many, many forms is all over our public land today is denying reality.   The real question is what we allow and how we regulate it.  And that's my answer, I'm in favor of it as long as the environmental impact is minimized.

I didn't see anything in the article about opening up wilderness for some food trucks. Maybe I just missed it.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21310
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-08, 10:49

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

As with many things it's not as simple as yes/no.   First I think the National Monument set asides have gotten out of control.   There needs to be much more local input rather than Presidential decree alone.

Now the "more opportunities for profit" - the article never really gets into them.  

Are they only referring to drilling and mining?  Or is logging included?  

We need more logging which enviros killed off.   Want to reduce the fire danger?  Science tells you to thin the stands of trees.  The "party of science" should support that but in many cases they don't.

Are we talking concessions run on public land like rafting, canoeing, food stands, etc?

Yes profits are made but why would our government be against that?  We are a nation of capitalists after all, right?

Anyone that denies that commercialism in many, many forms is all over our public land today is denying reality.   The real question is what we allow and how we regulate it.  And that's my answer, I'm in favor of it as long as the environmental impact is minimized.

I didn't see anything in the article about opening up wilderness for some food trucks. Maybe I just missed it.

I'm sorry you're so dense.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40810
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by Rocinante on 2017-08-08, 11:08

The opportunity for profit is OIL BABY! That's who's been pushing the review of the monument designations. What, you thought it was citizens?

avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13901
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by NigelUno on 2017-08-08, 11:17

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I didn't see anything in the article about opening up wilderness for some food trucks. Maybe I just missed it.

I'm sorry you're so dense.

So, you think Trump is going to open up land for rafting and canoeing?

And build some concession stands?

That's what you're going to run with as a way to deflect?




NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21310
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-08, 11:25

Rocinante wrote:The opportunity for profit is OIL BABY! That's who's been pushing the review of the monument designations. What, you thought it was citizens?


It's not all oil. and yes, I've seen citizens that had nothing to do with oil be upset over the overreaching monument designations.

avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40810
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by NigelUno on 2017-08-08, 11:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:The opportunity for profit is OIL BABY! That's who's been pushing the review of the monument designations. What, you thought it was citizens?


It's not all oil. and yes, I've seen citizens that had nothing to do with oil be upset over the overreaching monument designations.


Coal? Dinosaur bones?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21310
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by Rocinante on 2017-08-08, 14:20

It's oil.
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13901
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-12, 20:14

Scott Pruitt is so sure of his agenda he's administering much of the EPA shrouded in secrecy, in closed meetings where attendees are required to check their cell phones at the door and like Betsy DeVos is using an armed security detail.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/11/us/politics/scott-pruitt-epa.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6577
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Coal. Its Mine Baby Mine and Trump is opening up millions of Federal lands

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum