Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just for Bob - Join up.

+7
InTenSity
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
DWags
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just for Bob - Join up. Empty Just for Bob - Join up.

Post by Guest 2017-08-10, 20:08

Booze and bible study are bringing people together

Bible study is taking on a whole new meaning for one congregation in Lexington, South Carolina.

Members of the Pisgah Lutheran Church meet every Tuesday for "Bible and Brew." They discuss things they learned in church and passages from the bible over beer and wine. Pastor Stephen Mims says it's a way to literally be the "hands" and "feet" of Christ.

Just for Bob - Join up. ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcirca.brightspotcdn.com%2F48%2F3c%2F922cdb104645ae9996f7fdc6b97f%2Fscreen-shot-2017-08-10-at-3.49.47%20PM
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Just for Bob - Join up. Empty Re: Just for Bob - Join up.

Post by DWags 2017-08-10, 20:13

Hey bob a Christian family left this tip for their waitress because she had a rainbow tattoo

Just for Bob - Join up. 28jce14
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-10, 21:06

Who would Jesus tip?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-11, 07:37

LooseGoose wrote:Booze and bible study are bringing people together

Bible study is taking on a whole new meaning for one congregation in Lexington, South Carolina.

Members of the Pisgah Lutheran Church meet every Tuesday for "Bible and Brew." They discuss things they learned in church and passages from the bible over beer and wine. Pastor Stephen Mims says it's a way to literally be the "hands" and "feet" of Christ.

Just for Bob - Join up. ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcirca.brightspotcdn.com%2F48%2F3c%2F922cdb104645ae9996f7fdc6b97f%2Fscreen-shot-2017-08-10-at-3.49.47%20PM
Just for Bob - Join up. 502811600

they look like a fun bunch.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-11, 07:39

DWags wrote:Hey bob a Christian family left this tip for their waitress because she had a rainbow tattoo

Just for Bob - Join up. 28jce14

Do not judge, and you will not be judged.

Luke 6:37

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-11, 07:39

grab 'em by the pussy

Sexual Predator 3:24
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 08:49

DWags wrote:Hey bob a Christian family left this tip for their waitress because she had a rainbow tattoo

50/50 that's more fake shit.

Have you seen any interviews of the "christian" family? Of course they have the names and story is now a week old....I wonder why not?

Ready to wager?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 08:50

But it makes you feel good that you're so damned just and righteous compared to those god damned Christians that you're happy to peddle that kind of shit.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 08:51

Space below is reserved for the other 11 members of the Swill to chime in with their self righteous content.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 08:57

LooseGoose wrote:Space below is reserved for the other 11 members of the Swill to chime in with their self righteous content.

You are a massive douche bag. I just want you to know that.

Enjoy your day of being a whiny coward on the internet.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-11, 08:59

LooseGoose wrote:Space below is reserved for the other 11 members of the Swill to chime in with their self righteous content.
my tattoos are pretty bad - and I hope they offend religious bigots.

that said, I don't want money from some slimy religious kook - I have no idea where the hands that are touching it have been.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 09:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

When the facts aren't in your favor call names. Show me what a grown up social justice warrior you are.
There are lots of these fake "receipt" tip stories out there. You're usually the one that's so happy to investigate and
supposedly clarify. Why not in this case?

You tell me why they haven't interviewed this family in the 6 days that have passed? I know, they don't want the truth.

http://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2017/02/lawyer-racist-note-loudoun-co-restaurant-bill-fake/

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/26/the-true-we-only-tip-citizens-story-is-complicated-and-virtually-everyone-got-it-dead-wrong/

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2016/12/14/ihop-server-says-received-hateful-receipt-message-from-teen-customers.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 09:05

And by the way - pointing out that people are pushing fake news is your definition of a coward? that's laughable coming from Mr Truth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-11, 09:07

LooseGoose wrote:But it makes you feel good that you're so damned just and righteous compared to those god damned Christians that you're happy to peddle that kind of shit.

Language!!!

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 09:07

and beyond that I started this thread as a kind light hearted and jokey thread with Bob......then Wags for some reason felt compelled to drop that large pile of shit right in the middle of it.  

And I'm the asshole.....again....laughable.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2017-08-11, 09:07; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 09:07

LooseGoose wrote:

When the facts aren't in your favor call names. Show me what a grown up social justice warrior you are.
There are lots of these fake "receipt" tip stories out there. You're usually the one that's so happy to investigate and

You tell me why they haven't interviewed this family in the 6 days that have passed? I know, they don't want the truth.

http://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2017/02/lawyer-racist-note-loudoun-co-restaurant-bill-fake/

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/26/the-true-we-only-tip-citizens-story-is-complicated-and-virtually-everyone-got-it-dead-wrong/

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2016/12/14/ihop-server-says-received-hateful-receipt-message-from-teen-customers.html

I want you to know that I didn't even read your shit thread so I have no idea what you're talking about. I just saw your last comment and wanted to let you know that I really think that you are a massive douchebag.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 09:08

LooseGoose wrote:and beyond that I started this thread as a kind light hearted and jokey thread with Bob......then Wags for some reason felt compelled to drop that large pile of shit right in the middle of it.  

Maybe you should do some self reflection on why everyone thinks you're an asshole instead of carrying on just the same.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 09:08

LooseGoose wrote:

I want you to know that I didn't even read your shit thread so I have no idea what you're talking about. I just saw your last comment and wanted to let you know that I really think that you are a massive douchebag.

Sorry that you're such a fragile flower. Maybe you should go recruit another 20-30 posters so you feel safer in a gang of 40 or 50-1.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 09:10

LooseGoose wrote:

And it's not surprising that you don't want to read anything that contradicts your "truth".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 09:10

LooseGoose wrote:

Sorry that you're such a fragile flower. Maybe you should go recruit another 20-30 posters so you feel safer in a gang of 40 or 50-1.

Thanks for the advice. You should go fuck yourself.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-11, 09:10

LooseGoose wrote:and beyond that I started this thread as a kind light hearted and jokey thread with Bob......then Wags for some reason felt compelled to drop that large pile of shit right in the middle of it.  

for the record, my family down south - the good 'ol god fearin' types - always pray for me when I'm down there drinkin' the devil water.

seriously - I'll be heading to the bar and they'll be sitting around my parents house - "there he goes.. off to drink the devil's water"....Just for Bob - Join up. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-11, 09:17

LooseGoose wrote:

Ummm...Goose?

That last link from FoxNews doesn't say that particular (non) tip was fake news.

So...what was the truth in that case?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-11, 09:43

Just for Bob - Join up. Giphy-facebook_s
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-11, 09:59

This thread escalated quickly.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-08-11, 10:51

People that find random YouTube video of idiots and stupid receipt stories to back up their politicial stance are something else. Where's x and his videos?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-11, 11:08

tGreenWay wrote:Who would Jesus tip?

WWJT

Based on my daughter's experience as a hostess at a Russ while in HS the Christians who dined there believed in being thrifty which is why she never wanted to be a waitress.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-11, 11:12

InTenSity wrote:This thread escalated quickly.

I was kinda like "why would I wanna drink beer with a bunch of khaki-wearin', square white people" - and BAM.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-11, 11:16

GRR Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Who would Jesus tip?

WWJT

Based on my daughter's experience as a hostess at a Russ while in HS the Christians who dined there believed in being thrifty which is why she never wanted to be a waitress.
A couple of stories, I'll try to make quick.
Sunday's sucked to work lunch. There was a group that came in from a church, I have no problem with that. They would all order off the special menu, again no issues. It was leaving only the change as a tip that sucked. No one wanted them and they got horrible service, not sure if it is a chicken and egg scenario, but people would trade shifts to make sure they didn't even have a possibility of waiting on them.
2nd, I lived in Utah. It seemed a lot of them believed that since they gave 10% to god, that should be good enough for a server.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-11, 11:31

InTenSity wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

WWJT

A couple of stories, I'll try to make quick.
Sunday's sucked to work lunch. There was a group that came in from a church, I have no problem with that. They would all order off the special menu, again no issues. It was leaving only the change as a tip that sucked. No one wanted them and they got horrible service, not sure if it is a chicken and egg scenario, but people would trade shifts to make sure they didn't even have a possibility of waiting on them.
2nd, I lived in Utah. It seemed a lot of them believed that since they gave 10% to god, that should be good enough for a server.

what they failed to realize, though, is that god is too nice of a guy to spit in their food. Just for Bob - Join up. 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-08-11, 13:03

Man guys, don't be making goose mad. If he goes the rest of us are just agreeing most of the time, which isn't fun.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-11, 13:07

Rocinante wrote:Man guys, don't be making goose mad. If he goes the rest of us are just agreeing most of the time, which isn't fun.

Don't worry. I will disagree just to start shit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 13:17

Rocinante wrote:Man guys, don't be making goose mad. If he goes the rest of us are just agreeing most of the time, which isn't fun.

Meh. If I want to call him a no talent assclown then I will since it's not my fault that he's a no talent assclown.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-11, 13:23

Meh. If I want to call him a no talent assclown then I will since it's not my fault that he's a no talent assclown.

Why are we talking about Harbaugh now?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 13:25

Turtleneck wrote:

Shut up
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-11, 13:27

Turtleneck wrote:

Shut up

You shut up.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 13:27

Ok
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-11, 13:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Ok

Seriously though, what happens when Travis and Laura have too much to drink at Bible study and starting noticing each other from across the table while Tom reads from the Gospel of John? What probably happens is that Laura goes back to Travis's place to watch some Thursday night football, but the urges they have been suppressing can no longer be suppressed. To make a long story short, nine months later Travis, Jr. is born and all because going to bible study ended up in unprotected sex out of wedlock.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-11, 13:49

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Ok

Seriously though, what happens when Travis and Laura have too much to drink at Bible study and starting noticing each other from across the table while Tom reads from the Gospel of John? What probably happens is that Laura goes back to Travis's place to watch some Thursday night football, but the urges they have been suppressing can no longer be suppressed. To make a long story short, nine months later Travis, Jr. is born and all because going to bible study ended up in unprotected sex out of wedlock.

I hope they took Uber.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 14:07

This is the first time that turtleneck has ever even implied that I'm capable of having sex with a live female woman. Thanks tn :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-08-11, 19:25

I sometimes wonder if certain posters wouldn't prefer that...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next