Random Ramblings

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Rocinante on Wed 13 Sep - 23:21

It feels like way too often when I see a really shitty comment on Facebook to the degree that I'm like "I gotta see who this person is because that's so shitty it has to be a fake account or something" and I go to their FB page, it's a Michigan fan.

_________________
It's only a matter of time before this thing blows up in our faces.
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11998
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Sat 16 Sep - 9:30

My grandson started pre-school last week. He came home with a cold, I have the 1st cold I've had in 2 years. I forgot what cesspools of disease schools are.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34681
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Sat 16 Sep - 9:41

LooseGoose wrote:My grandson started pre-school last week. He came home with a cold, I have the 1st cold I've had in 2 years. I forgot what cesspools of disease schools are.

Jesus.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Sat 16 Sep - 10:02

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:My grandson started pre-school last week. He came home with a cold, I have the 1st cold I've had in 2 years. I forgot what cesspools of disease schools are.

Jesus.

lol, sorry Wags. I wasn't being radical there, just pointing out that every virus and germ known to man gets dragged into schools.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34681
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Sat 16 Sep - 10:12

Betting the kid did not go to a full time daycare before pre-school.

Having recently gone through this, the diseases were rampant the first year or two in daycare. Then they seem to fizzle out. Still will get some stuffy noses and congestion in the winter but nothing like the first year or two. I guess they build up a resistance to the more common strains? Who knows, I'm just glad that time period is OVER. Nothing like having a day full of meetings and getting a call from daycare that you have to come pick up your 2 year old because she threw up snot.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16268
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Sat 16 Sep - 10:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Betting the kid did not go to a full time daycare before pre-school.

Having recently gone through this, the diseases were rampant the first year or two in daycare. Then they seem to fizzle out. Still will get some stuffy noses and congestion in the winter but nothing like the first year or two. I guess they build up a resistance to the more common strains? Who knows, I'm just glad that time period is OVER. Nothing like having a day full of meetings and getting a call from daycare that you have to come pick up your 2 year old because she threw up snot.

Yep. Never had been away from Mom, Dad or me. That was one of the reasons I was advocating pre-school to them. He's played with siblings and a little with some cousins but not many others. I thought the socialization aspect would be pretty important for him. He's only 3.5 but the 1st day he got on the bus last week was the 1st time he was away from one of us. He was excited to go though and as you know that's 90% of the battle. The driver and teachers said he did pretty well.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34681
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Sat 16 Sep - 14:05

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Jesus.

lol, sorry Wags. I wasn't being radical there, just pointing out that every virus and germ known to man gets dragged into schools.

Most public buildings too. Menus in restaurants are the worse. When my wife quit working and we pulled the kids out of day care, poof no more ear infections

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Sat 16 Sep - 14:08

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Betting the kid did not go to a full time daycare before pre-school.

Having recently gone through this, the diseases were rampant the first year or two in daycare. Then they seem to fizzle out. Still will get some stuffy noses and congestion in the winter but nothing like the first year or two. I guess they build up a resistance to the more common strains? Who knows, I'm just glad that time period is OVER. Nothing like having a day full of meetings and getting a call from daycare that you have to come pick up your 2 year old because she threw up snot.

Yep. Never had been away from Mom, Dad or me. That was one of the reasons I was advocating pre-school to them. He's played with siblings and a little with some cousins but not many others. I thought the socialization aspect would be pretty important for him. He's only 3.5 but the 1st day he got on the bus last week was the 1st time he was away from one of us. He was excited to go though and as you know that's 90% of the battle. The driver and teachers said he did pretty well.


In the 60's when my brother got chicken pocks my mom had my sister and I play with him. We all got them at once. Weird days.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Sat 16 Sep - 16:48

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yep. Never had been away from Mom, Dad or me. That was one of the reasons I was advocating pre-school to them. He's played with siblings and a little with some cousins but not many others. I thought the socialization aspect would be pretty important for him. He's only 3.5 but the 1st day he got on the bus last week was the 1st time he was away from one of us. He was excited to go though and as you know that's 90% of the battle. The driver and teachers said he did pretty well.


In the 60's when my brother got chicken pocks my mom had my sister and I play with him. We all got them at once. Weird days.

Makes sense. You'd already been exposed and she could take care of the three of you all at once instead of one after the other. Smart mom. Makes me wonder what the hell happened with you.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Tim Wakefield on Mon 18 Sep - 16:22

You ever take such a bad shit that you just say fuck it and hop in the shower quick? Yeah me too

_________________
Camarón que se duerme, se lo lleva la corriente
avatar
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3992
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 23
Location : EL

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Mon 18 Sep - 16:23

Tim Wakefield wrote:You ever take such a bad shit that you just say fuck it and hop in the shower quick? Yeah me too

I reject your premise: There's no such thing as a bad shit.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Thu 21 Sep - 21:25

Power went out about 7:45. DTE saying it won't be back until 10:30. Sucks. This is my favorite TV night of the week.


No fucking reason the power should be out
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8420
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on Thu 28 Sep - 11:40

avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14000
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Thu 28 Sep - 15:13

Totally getting one of these in five years.  Yep, gonna see the world. I'll pull up to Roc's pad and we'll smoke one and have some Scotch.

Wags retirement home

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Thu 28 Sep - 15:14


_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 28 Sep - 15:17

DWags wrote:Totally getting one of these in five years.  Yep, gonna see the world. I'll pull up to Roc's pad and we'll smoke one and have some Scotch.

Wags retirement home

I don't know, man, it seems like a lot of work. Just gimme an Airstream and let me drive off into the sunset.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by goodbar on Thu 28 Sep - 15:24

DWags wrote:Totally getting one of these in five years.  Yep, gonna see the world. I'll pull up to Roc's pad and we'll smoke one and have some Scotch.

Wags retirement home


would you also go with the standard highlighter yellow shoes? or maybe something with a little more flair?



hey. eyes back down on the shoes.
avatar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 911
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Thu 28 Sep - 15:25


_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 28 Sep - 17:27


_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 28 Sep - 17:37

Today feels like a Friday.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Thu 28 Sep - 17:59

tGreenWay wrote:Today feels like a Friday.
A co-worker said the same thing
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8420
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 28 Sep - 18:33

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Today feels like a Friday.
A co-worker said the same thing

It's possible we're the same person.


_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu 28 Sep - 18:35

tGreenWay wrote:Today feels like a Friday.

#BoomerThoughts
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22194
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Thu 28 Sep - 18:37

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:A co-worker said the same thing

It's possible we're the same person.

Naw. He's in our IT department and pretty smart.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8420
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 28 Sep - 18:38

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's possible we're the same person.

Naw. He's in our IT department and pretty smart.

Oh, yeah, then def not me.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 28 Sep - 18:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Today feels like a Friday.

#BoomerThoughts

#WhyAreMillennialsSoAngry

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by MattyFresh on Thu 28 Sep - 18:42

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Today feels like a Friday.
A co-worker said the same thing

did you shit yourself?
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 3709
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Thu 28 Sep - 18:54

MattyFresh wrote:
The Pantry wrote:A co-worker said the same thing

did you shit yourself?
Naw, but still a little loose
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8420
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Senior Dickfist on Thu 28 Sep - 18:56

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

#BoomerThoughts

#WhyAreMillennialsSoAngry

Yes. Yes, this.
avatar
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 393
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 97
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Thu 28 Sep - 18:59

Senior Dickfist wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

#WhyAreMillennialsSoAngry

Yes. Yes, this.
Yes. Especially OTPT, wishing all us boomers were dead. WTF is up with that?
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 8420
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Senior Dickfist on Thu 28 Sep - 19:12

Not sure what's up with that.

OTPT, I'm an X'er. How do you feel about my fine generation?
avatar
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 393
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 97
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Sat 30 Sep - 8:33

The Pantry wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

Yes. Yes, this.
Yes. Especially OTPT, wishing all us boomers were dead. WTF is up with that?


Here's another millennial who is pissed a boomer stopped him from robbing a Starbucks so he's suing the boomer.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Sat 30 Sep - 14:50

Ok swilsters I'm pretty confident that coke is gonna buy Kellogg

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by steveschneider on Thu 5 Oct - 8:24

Yesterday I accidentally turned the wrong way down a one way street. People on the side walk were shouting at me that I was going the wrong way and I felt like a moron. How come that’s the one traffic law the general public cares about? If I’m speeding, if I make a rolling stop, forget to use my blinker, have a headlight out etc. no one ever mentions it.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12070
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Thu 5 Oct - 10:33

well it's a little dangerous steve

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16268
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu 5 Oct - 10:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:well it's a little dangerous steve

avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22194
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Thu 5 Oct - 10:45

So, I"m in Manistee when I was 20, and River Street is a one way street. I was not drunk, but I had been in a bar illegally with some friends and maybe had a beer. So, friends and I were stupid and I get in the car and leave the bar on River Street and wanted to cross the bridge to get to a party at the beach. Well we were one block south of the bridge, so I could drive the wrong way on a one way street for one block, turn left and get there quick. Or I could come out of the bar, turn left and do about a mile around the one ways and drive proper. So, I chose the short cut.

Friend in the back seat says, "Hey wags, somebody else is following us, you're starting a trend". I'm feeling good about being a trend setter. That was until the bubbles came on the car that was behind me.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 5 Oct - 10:53

steveschneider wrote:Yesterday I accidentally turned the wrong way down a one way street. People on the side walk were shouting at me that I was going the wrong way and I felt like a moron. How come that’s the one traffic law the general public cares about? If I’m speeding, if I make a rolling stop, forget to use my blinker, have a headlight out etc. no one ever mentions it.

Think it through, Steve. You take all the time you need.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21954
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Thu 5 Oct - 14:08

So, out of staters, is this list accurate?

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/michigan/foods-crave-mi/

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23606
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by steveschneider on Thu 5 Oct - 15:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:well it's a little dangerous steve

You certainly do have a point. I'm just saying I see equally dangerous things done out on the road all the time and pedestrians will stay silent but if they see someone going the wrong way down a one way street it will cause the general public to pipe up.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12070
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum