Random Ramblings

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Wed 18 Oct - 14:38

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That's a fact. Newer regional airlines have tried many times over the years to get established at the Lansing airport, only to see the big boys flood the market by offering the same routes for much cheaper fares. Once the new airline closes and leaves Lansing, away go the added flights from the bigs and up go the fares. Been happening for 25+ years.

So sort of like issuing Taxi medallions the government should choose who can make $$ on certain transportation routes? Government regulating who can fly where an who can't is a recipe for graft. It's amazing how many want the government they criticize and hate to run more of our lives.

I didn't say one way or the other if it was good or bad. All I did was say what's happened in Lansing over the past 25 years. Seems like further discussion should happen in tBin.
Speaking of tBin, that PR congresswoman you posted about is a lifelong Republican, not Democrat. You posted fake news.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Senior Dickfist on Wed 18 Oct - 14:39


That's a hog of a cisco.
avatar
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 927
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 98
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 18 Oct - 14:41

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So sort of like issuing Taxi medallions the government should choose who can make $$ on certain transportation routes? Government regulating who can fly where an who can't is a recipe for graft. It's amazing how many want the government they criticize and hate to run more of our lives.

I didn't say one way or the other if it was good or bad. All I did was say what's happened in Lansing over the past 25 years. Seems like further discussion should happen in tBin.
Speaking of tBin, that PR congresswoman you posted about is a lifelong Republican, not Democrat. You posted fake news.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29431
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Wed 18 Oct - 14:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd fly from East Lansing to Okemos if I could.

I hate being in a car.

I'll drive you, Bob, I love driving, and I'm getting a new car soon.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 18 Oct - 15:07

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd fly from East Lansing to Okemos if I could.

I hate being in a car.

I'll drive you, Bob, I love driving, and I'm getting a new car soon.
sweet.

whatcha getting?

(and I mean 'what kind of car are you getting'.. not 'a handjob as I drive you to Okemos').
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29431
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by NigelUno on Wed 18 Oct - 15:18

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:It's bullshit that they're able to do that to OTPT goose.  In a ruleless industry that Americans have now become reliant on, it's not right.  OTPT might be just traveling for pleasure, but it's the same rules for business travel too.   And when you don't regulate prices, the big boys can always adjust their prices to force any new start ups out of business real quick.   I don't need to make a profit in my Milwaukee hub, if I"m making money in Chicago, NY Atlanta LA.   I can lose money in Milwaukee to chase others out of the industry.  That's business 101

That's a fact. Newer regional airlines have tried many times over the years to get established at the Lansing airport, only to see the big boys flood the market by offering the same routes for much cheaper fares. Once the new airline closes and leaves Lansing, away go the added flights from the bigs and up go the fares. Been happening for 25+ years.

Same thing happened in Flint. AirTran had lower fares. Southwest bought them out. Now Southwest and Delta collude on prices. It used to be cheaper to fly into Flint as opposed to Detroit. Not any more.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21532
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 18 Oct - 15:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Your argument against dwags is to tell people to drive? What a solid strong argument you aren’t deflecting at all!

You’re right - in this case I should take off an entire week to drive to Chicago for the northwestern game. Who are you going to leech off for social security if I do that ?

Denver to Chicago is 1,000 miles. That's a 3 day RT. 1 Day for the game. So you plan ahead and take Friday & Monday off for driving.

OR you pay the cheapest airfare with restrictions and fly there. IF you don't want the restrictions then buy another fare without them or look into NetJets.

The reason airlines get away with that shit is that people let them. They click on the cheapest fare regardless of their babble about service. There's a reason why Walmart is the biggest retailer in the US and Nordstrom isn't.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Wed 18 Oct - 15:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'll drive you, Bob, I love driving, and I'm getting a new car soon.
sweet.

whatcha getting?

(and I mean 'what kind of car are you getting'.. not 'a handjob as I drive you to Okemos').

Mrs. GreenWay wants something high end this time. She's always driving all over the state, and I can understand why she'd want something comfy.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Wed 18 Oct - 15:41

NigelUno wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That's a fact. Newer regional airlines have tried many times over the years to get established at the Lansing airport, only to see the big boys flood the market by offering the same routes for much cheaper fares. Once the new airline closes and leaves Lansing, away go the added flights from the bigs and up go the fares. Been happening for 25+ years.

Same thing happened in Flint. AirTran had lower fares. Southwest bought them out. Now Southwest and Delta collude on prices. It used to be cheaper to fly into Flint as opposed to Detroit. Not any more.

Northwest was notorious for killing off the competition at Lansing.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 18 Oct - 15:44

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:sweet.

whatcha getting?

(and I mean 'what kind of car are you getting'.. not 'a handjob as I drive you to Okemos').

Mrs. GreenWay wants something high end this time. She's always driving all over the state, and I can understand why she'd want something comfy.
I hear ya - my wife lets me drive her sweet car sometimes.

when she's asleep.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29431
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Wed 18 Oct - 15:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Mrs. GreenWay wants something high end this time. She's always driving all over the state, and I can understand why she'd want something comfy.
I hear ya - my wife lets me drive her sweet car sometimes.

when she's asleep.


I really liked the look of the Rolls Royce an Asian student was driving the other day. Saw him parked at the post office.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 18 Oct - 15:53

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I hear ya - my wife lets me drive her sweet car sometimes.

when she's asleep.


I really liked the look of the Rolls Royce an Asian student was driving the other day. Saw him parked at the post office.
haven't seen that one..

I've seen a couple of Lamborghini's.. saw some chick driving a Jaguar on Lake Lansing. I swear she was sitting on a phone book.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29431
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 18 Oct - 15:54

maybe the greatest picture in the history of the interweb..



dude wrapped daddie's Lamborghini around the back end of a Jeep.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29431
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Wed 18 Oct - 16:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:maybe the greatest picture in the history of the interweb..



dude wrapped daddie's Lamborghini around the back end of a Jeep.

I think I've seen all or most of the Italian cars around town, along with a Genesis and (I think) the new Jag SUV.
Haven't seen the Lambo from the pic above in quite awhile.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 18 Oct - 17:03

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So sort of like issuing Taxi medallions the government should choose who can make $$ on certain transportation routes? Government regulating who can fly where an who can't is a recipe for graft. It's amazing how many want the government they criticize and hate to run more of our lives.

I didn't say one way or the other if it was good or bad. All I did was say what's happened in Lansing over the past 25 years. Seems like further discussion should happen in tBin.
Speaking of tBin, that PR congresswoman you posted about is a lifelong Republican, not Democrat. You posted fake news.

I didn't speak of it. Supposedly that forum is to stay separate.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 18 Oct - 17:05

N wrote:
Same thing happened in Flint. AirTran had lower fares. Southwest bought them out. Now Southwest and Delta collude on prices. It used to be cheaper to fly into Flint as opposed to Detroit. Not any more.

There ought to be a law against that.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Wed 18 Oct - 17:10

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I didn't say one way or the other if it was good or bad. All I did was say what's happened in Lansing over the past 25 years. Seems like further discussion should happen in tBin.
Speaking of tBin, that PR congresswoman you posted about is a lifelong Republican, not Democrat. You posted fake news.

I didn't speak of it. Supposedly that forum is to stay separate.

No, I was saying any further discussion should move to the Bin.
And you should also correct the fake news you posted over there, or at least acknowledge your error. I know that's what you want for others and for news organizations. Be a leader, Goose. Stand up and say, "Hell yes, I was wrong."

avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Rocinante on Mon 23 Oct - 21:14

Blumpkin or however you spell it is still my favorite. Laugh at very time I think of it.
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14360
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Tim Wakefield on Mon 23 Oct - 21:21

Rocinante wrote:Blumpkin or however you spell it is still my favorite. Laugh at very time I think of it.

My friend's brother claims to have gotten a blumpkin in high school. I doubt it
avatar
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4843
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 24
Location : EL

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Rocinante on Mon 23 Oct - 21:28

Does anyone shit without pissing though?
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14360
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Mon 23 Oct - 23:48

Ear hair is a pain in the ass. Man, it regrows quickly.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Tue 24 Oct - 10:44

tGreenWay wrote:Ear hair is a pain in the ass. Man, it regrows quickly.

I like to pull clumps of it out in front of my kids. It reminds them of what a tough guy I am.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on Fri 27 Oct - 10:46

Dear God,

Please send help.


The candle that smells like a new Mac
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17007
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Fri 27 Oct - 16:14

J. Douglas Boles‏Verified account @jdouglas4

.@IMS history is mesmerizing. Track work 2Day included core samples & brick at bottom of this core was laid 108 years ago almost to the day!

avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Fri 27 Oct - 17:10

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Ear hair is a pain in the ass. Man, it regrows quickly.

I like to pull clumps of it out in front of my kids. It reminds them of what a tough guy I am.

avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Fri 27 Oct - 17:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:Dear God,

Please send help.


The candle that smells like a new Mac

The people who bought those are probably the spawn of folks who bought pet rocks or extended leashes with the imaginary dog.
Oh, and instead of calling it Mac candle N° 2, it should've been named Mac candle 2.0. How did someone not think of that? It's effing obvious.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Tue 31 Oct - 12:40

Did my once every 8-10 month chopping of the hair/beard this morning......damn I'm starting to look old.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Fri 10 Nov - 9:42



avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20095
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Fri 10 Nov - 10:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:


That was just last week....I often have that show on in the background.

The real heartbreaker was yesterday. A guy misses a showcase by $461 - over $35K. He's celebrating like he won, bad karma. Nice looking blonde chick who was there with a Captain Kirk lookalike.....misses her showcase by $448 so beats him by $13.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Tue 14 Nov - 10:07

It's hard to type with one hand while holding an infant with the other.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16630
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Tue 14 Nov - 10:40

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:It's hard to type with one hand while holding an infant with the other.

Within a year you'll be amazed at how many things you can do 1 handed.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Tue 14 Nov - 11:05

Increasing my arsenal for next fall.    Adding these to the list.  I'll probably be blasting these when Michigan rolls in.  

avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 28402
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Wed 15 Nov - 10:47

America 2017.

ABC News‏Verified account @ABC
More
Airline: Passenger was asked to deplane after her emotional support pig became disruptive: http://abcn.ws/1uZI5dq
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed 15 Nov - 10:59

DWags wrote:Increasing my arsenal for next fall.    Adding these to the list.  I'll probably be blasting these when Michigan rolls in.  


Why are they using the old Reebok logo from 2000?
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16630
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed 15 Nov - 11:03

LooseGoose wrote:America 2017.

ABC News‏Verified account @ABC
More
Airline: Passenger was asked to deplane after her emotional support pig became disruptive: http://abcn.ws/1uZI5dq

So, pigs don't fly?
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17007
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Wed 15 Nov - 13:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:America 2017.

ABC News‏Verified account @ABC
More
Airline: Passenger was asked to deplane after her emotional support pig became disruptive: http://abcn.ws/1uZI5dq

So, pigs don't fly?

POTY
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27579
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Tim Wakefield on Wed 15 Nov - 20:40

Am I the youngest on this board / is it weird that I post on here with old people? scratch
avatar
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4843
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 24
Location : EL

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed 15 Nov - 21:09

Tim Wakefield wrote:Am I the youngest on this board / is it weird that I post on here with old people? scratch

You could recruit some younger nerds.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16630
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Wed 15 Nov - 21:23

If you call me old again I will whup your ass. Whippersnapper.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20095
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Wed 15 Nov - 21:45

Tim Wakefield wrote:Am I the youngest on this board / is it weird that I post on here with old people? scratch
Fear not. You have expressed much better experiences and willingness to learn than OTPT. That dumb fuck wants all experience erased so he can think he's in charge.

Seem like a genuinely good kid. Stick with us ole fuckers and grow wise beyond your years.

avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10087
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum