Random Ramblings

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by y2kMgrad on 2018-01-11, 22:20

Ever fart in the car on the way to work, and you can still smell it when you get back in after work? Need to put less beans in the chili next time.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1225
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by y2kMgrad on 2018-01-11, 22:30

gHost Spartan wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:Ever fart in the car on the way to work, and you can still smell it when you get back in after work? Need to put less beans in the chili next time.
You don't cup your hand, put it on your ass, then smell it when you fart?

Random Ramblings - Page 15 502811600 Like catching a baseball.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1225
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Clarett's Folly on 2018-01-11, 23:08

goodbar wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Not if you wax.

Random Ramblings - Page 15 8035913
Goodbar, why don't you hang out here more often?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4002
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Death Roe on 2018-01-13, 15:59

Browsing through the movie channels, saw that Harry Potter Part 7 Part 2 is on HBO.

I remember watching that in theaters. The scene where Voldemort is about to kill Harry, the whole theater went silent. I look to my left and see my buddy lift his right cheek and get ready to rip one. When Voldemort says, "Harry Potter... are you ready to die?" the whole theater heard a BRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP and burst out laughing.

Best moment of the HP series for me.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12230
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Thread Master Totally Serious

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Guest on 2018-01-14, 08:21

Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-01-14, 08:54

LooseGoose wrote:Where were we talking about roundabouts?

Too many crashes in 3-lane roundabout near Brighton trigger changes

That's the most fucked up roundabout I've ever seen. The guide signs approaching it are laughable. There's fucking arrows going in every direction. Random Ramblings - Page 15 502811600
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2016-12-28

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on 2018-01-14, 09:02

LooseGoose wrote:Where were we talking about roundabouts?

Too many crashes in 3-lane roundabout near Brighton trigger changes

I drove that once trying to find a strip mall. It does stick out in my mind as being fucked up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33021
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 57
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2018-01-14, 11:59

I could see it costing $1.1M to add a lane but that amount to remove one seems absurd. Not sure what the scope of work is but seems like it would only be repainting the lines and changing the signs.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-01-14, 13:57

The Pantry wrote: changing the signs.

That alone could cost $1.1 million. Have you seen those things? Random Ramblings - Page 15 502811600
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2016-12-28

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2018-01-14, 15:35

Da Mayor wrote:
The Pantry wrote: changing the signs.

That alone could cost $1.1 million. Have you seen those things? Random Ramblings - Page 15 502811600
I estimate stuff for a living. Cost and cost plus margin are different things. Guessing the margin on the job at 100+%. Someone on the inside is getting a kickback.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-14, 17:04

The Pantry wrote:I could see it costing $1.1M to add a lane but that amount to remove one seems absurd. Not sure what the scope of work is but seems like it would only be repainting the lines and changing the signs.

Twenty bucks for five gallon of Ace's finest and a couple of hours with an Adopt-a-Highway volunteer. Giddyup.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/2RZrwFZ
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33608
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-01-16, 22:16

Am i the only motherfucker around here that keeps getting sick? Fuck this. Noise.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29555
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-16, 23:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Am i the only motherfucker around here that keeps getting sick? Fuck this. Noise.

Just got over the flu.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33608
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-01-16, 23:07

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Am i the only motherfucker around here that keeps getting sick? Fuck this. Noise.

Just got over the flu.

How’d you go about it?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29555
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2018-01-16, 23:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Am i the only motherfucker around here that keeps getting sick? Fuck this. Noise.
Shitload of co-workers been going down the last couple weeks. I'm gonna hold out for March Madness to get sick.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-16, 23:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Just got over the flu.

How’d you go about it?

??? You mean how did I get rid of it? I didn't. All you can hope to do is minimize the symptoms. Drank tons of water, took Mucinex D to relieve congestion and break up phlegm and mucus, took 1,000 mgs of Tylenol every 8 hours because acetaminophen works great at minimizing sore throats, and once I started coughing on the back side of this fun, I added Delsym cough syrup to the mix. It's really the best cough syrup available OTC. Finally, I stayed down. Didn't do squat except sleep or load out on the couch for two days, laid low for a third day. Can't get better if you're working, physically exerting yourself, or stressing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33608
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Guest on 2018-01-17, 01:58

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

How’d you go about it?

??? You mean how did I get rid of it? I didn't. All you can hope to do is minimize the symptoms. Drank tons of water, took Mucinex D to relieve congestion and break up phlegm and mucus, took 1,000 mgs of Tylenol every 8 hours because acetaminophen works great at minimizing sore throats, and once I started coughing on the back side of this fun, I added Delsym cough syrup to the mix. It's really the best cough syrup available OTC. Finally, I stayed down. Didn't do squat except sleep or load out on the couch for two days, laid low for a third day. Can't get better if you're working, physically exerting yourself, or stressing.

The GreenWay
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-01-18, 07:46

Antoine Walker retired from the NBA 10 years ago. This is what he looks like now.

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Screen10
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2016-12-28

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by loogoldham on 2018-01-18, 20:23

I hate The Nice Price cassette tapes. Those damn things aren't even worth the $0.99 you pay for them at KMart. Put it in once, flip it over, the ink is all rubbed off. What Aerosmith album is this again? Just want to listen to Dream On again.

A few plays later there's warbly sounds in spots where the music wore off the tape. Goddamn motherfucker shredded by the 10th play. Cheap ass shit.
loogoldham
loogoldham
Spartiate

Posts : 143
Join date : 2016-08-29

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-01-18, 21:32

What's a KMart?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19820
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-01-18, 21:33

Why would you drink something while you “eat” soup?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29555
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-18, 21:35

loogoldham wrote:I hate The Nice Price cassette tapes. Those damn things aren't even worth the $0.99 you pay for them at KMart. Put it in once, flip it over, the ink is all rubbed off. What Aerosmith album is this again? Just want to listen to Dream On again.

A few plays later there's warbly sounds in spots where the music wore off the tape. Goddamn motherfucker shredded by the 10th play. Cheap ass shit.

Cassettes. Random Ramblings - Page 15 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33608
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-18, 21:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why would you drink something while you “eat” soup?

Usually it's so chunky you can use a fork, but use a spoon, you'll want to get every drop.

(Old guys will get it.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33608
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2018-01-19, 09:23

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why would you drink something while you “eat” soup?

Usually it's so chunky you can use a fork, but use a spoon, you'll want to get every drop.

(Old guys will get it.)

Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 99
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-01-19, 11:57

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24081
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-19, 12:21

The Albuquerque School of Excellence sounds very, well, excellent.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21307
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 35
Location : Please cease horny posting

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-19, 14:00


Makes me wonder if the weed industry will be forced to change how products are made to look. If it looks like some kind of candy (gummies, suckers), it’s likely going to draw the interest and desire of a young kid.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33608
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by goodbar on 2018-01-19, 16:18

tGreenWay wrote:

Makes me wonder if the weed industry will be forced to change how products are made to look. If it looks like some kind of candy (gummies, suckers), it’s likely going to draw the interest and desire of a young kid.

I remember buying these up at the Ben Franklin as a kid in the 80's Random Ramblings - Page 15 502811600 :

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Candy-cigarettes_1

Random Ramblings - Page 15 C7d7e19b845280245f27606d17df0dd7--candy-images-old-fashioned-candy

so cool riding my bmx home "smoking" a candy cig, the pack rolled up in my sleeve....
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2018-01-19, 16:50

Goodbar, I too enjoyed a good ol' pack of Victory back in the 80's. Riding around on my skateboard with a smoke hanging from my lip. Ahhh...memory lane.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 99
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-19, 17:06

I want to smoke right now.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16760
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2018-01-19, 17:21

What do you want to smoke, Roc?
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 99
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Guest on 2018-01-19, 18:28

Senior Dickfist wrote:Goodbar, I too enjoyed a good ol' pack of Victory back in the 80's. Riding around on my skateboard with a smoke hanging from my lip. Ahhh...memory lane.

I'd have guessed you were a Stallion loyalist.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-19, 18:42

Those bubble gum cigars were the shiznit.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33608
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2018-01-19, 19:00

LooseGoose wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:Goodbar, I too enjoyed a good ol' pack of Victory back in the 80's. Riding around on my skateboard with a smoke hanging from my lip. Ahhh...memory lane.

I'd have guessed you were a Stallion loyalist.

Goose, nothing against Stallion, but a Victory smoke was just that, a victory.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 99
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by y2kMgrad on 2018-01-19, 21:40

Why doesn't the US have the tallest building in the world? I looked at a list of top 5 tallest buildings and none of them were in the US. Look at this thing:

Random Ramblings - Page 15 C700x420
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1225
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-01-19, 21:52

Thanks Trump.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19981
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on 2018-01-19, 23:07

y2kMgrad wrote:Why doesn't the US have the tallest building in the world? I looked at a list of top 5 tallest buildings and none of them were in the US. Look at this thing:

Random Ramblings - Page 15 C700x420
That's a rendering of the Burj Khalifa opened in Dubai in 2010. Still the tallest building at over half a mile.

Not a fan of heights and don't quite understand the fascination with tall buildings beyond saying you went to the top of them. Random Ramblings - Page 15 4113017228 Was on the top of one of the WTC towers (forget which one), went to the top of the Sears Tower (too lazy to look up what it's called now), and stayed probably 10 nights in suites on the top floors of The Renaissance Center back when it was a Westin Hotel property (great river view).

The tall building thing strikes me as mostly a dick measuring contest between architects. Beyond saving some real estate space the concept doesn't seem very efficient. And, some of the tallest buildings are in the Ring of Fire. Only a matter of time before something really bad happens.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-01-22, 10:13

I wonder what Ozy is doing today.


Rolling Stone @RollingStone 2 hours ago
Heath Ledger died 10 years ago today. Look back at our 2008 tribute to the actor http://rol.st/2FSVdKR
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19820
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-22, 11:06

Floyd Robertson wrote:I wonder what Ozy is doing today.


Rolling Stone @RollingStone 2 hours ago
Heath Ledger died 10 years ago today. Look back at our 2008 tribute to the actor http://rol.st/2FSVdKR

Probably back at that same bar telling anyone who will listen how he converted Ledger into a Spartan fan that one glorious day.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 33608
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2018-01-22, 11:38

Warm toilet seat when you sit down... good or bad thing?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5491
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 25
Location : SW Michigan

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum