Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+27
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
goodbar
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
loogoldham
Tim Wakefield
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
DWags
Clarett's Folly
y2kMgrad
Travis of the Cosmos
Da Mayor
NigelUno
steveschneider
MattyFresh
Turtleneck
aualum06
Herbie Green
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
31 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 25 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-20, 17:34

Do dogs pee when they swim in pools or any body of water?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-05-20, 18:37

tGreenWay wrote:Do dogs pee when they swim in pools or any body of water?

While I do not have an answer for your question, you did remind me of an ancient proverb; he who pees into wind shall be peed upon.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-20, 19:28

Senior Dickfist wrote:

While I do not have an answer for your question, you did remind me of an ancient proverb; he who pees into wind shall be peed upon.
My dad had a statement for people that annoyed him..."Go piss up a rope"
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-20, 19:28

Senior Dickfist wrote:

I learned that lesson from Jim Croce back in the seventies. Also, don’t tug on Superman’s cape.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-21, 06:34

IDK, probably, but here's a new related warning from the CDC.

CDC: Stop Going Into Hotel Pools And Hot Tubs With Diarrhea

ATLANTA, GA (CBS Local) – It’s almost summer and many people will be looking to jump into the nearest swimming pool, however the CDC is warning Americans that the water they’re diving into may not be so clean.

In the agency’s latest Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), CDC officials say that over 27,000 people have gotten sick because of water-related pathogens since 2000. Eight deaths were linked to illnesses which were most commonly found in hotel pools, hot tubs, and water parks.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-05-21, 13:18

My dog does. I’ve seen her squat in shallow areas.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-05-21, 13:19

I cannot wake up today. I’m so damn tired. I worked this weekend, I dreamed of work during the middle of the night, and the baby kept me up more than usual. Damn it all.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-21, 13:44

Dendrobates wrote:

My dog does. I’ve seen her squat in shallow areas.

Random Ramblings - Page 25 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-21, 18:26

Got tied up at work last Monday and missed the milk pickup.  Reordered for today's pickup time.  Since I missed last week the gallon I got today cost $23 Random Ramblings - Page 25 294152859

On the bright side ordered carryout on the way from a place I've been meaning to try...Gator Jakes.  Got a sandwich call Gulf Port...tuna steak on a toasted brioche bun with cajun mayo, lettuce, tomato and red onion.  Ordered it rare.

Nice piece of fish done perfectly.  Had to be at least a half pound.  Great sandwich and only $7.99

Random Ramblings - Page 25 Gator_10

Co-worker asked where I got it.  He went on to tell me Gator Jakes is a big Sterling Heights PD hangout.  Learn something new everyday.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-21, 18:30

I've been to Gator Jake's 4-5 times over the last 8-10 years, never been disappointed.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-21, 18:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:I've been to Gator Jake's 4-5 times over the last 8-10 years, never been disappointed.
Price for that sandwich was about what I paid for a Whopper and shitty onion rings last week.

Place is about a mile and a half from work. Will be stopping there again.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-21, 19:47

The Pantry wrote:Got tied up at work last Monday and missed the milk pickup.  Reordered for today's pickup time.  Since I missed last week the gallon I got today cost $23 Random Ramblings - Page 25 294152859

On the bright side ordered carryout on the way from a place I've been meaning to try...Gator Jakes.  Got a sandwich call Gulf Port...tuna steak on a toasted brioche bun with cajun mayo, lettuce, tomato and red onion.  Ordered it rare.

Nice piece of fish done perfectly.  Had to be at least a half pound.  Great sandwich and only $7.99

Random Ramblings - Page 25 Gator_10

Co-worker asked where I got it.  He went on to tell me Gator Jakes is a big Sterling Heights PD hangout.  Learn something new everyday.

I’m convinced you’ve been to 90% of all the restaurants in existence in Michigan. But, that guess is probably on the low end.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-21, 19:53

Was it still moving when you ate it pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-21, 20:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Was it still moving when you ate it pantry

It's cooked nearly perfectly.....nice raw middle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-21, 20:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Was it still moving when you ate it pantry
Naw.  Wasn't that good, but extremely good for bar food.

Had tuna many places.  Some restaurant experiences you remember.  Best tuna I ever had was at the Rochester Chop House maybe 20 years ago.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-21, 20:41

Interesting day. Stopped to get lottery tickets like I usually do on Monday.  Play the same numbers in 5 games and get multiple draws to cover the entire week.

Got in my vehicle to leave the store.  As I was closing the door noticed a woman waving at me in the driver mirror.  Couple seconds she was standing next to the driver door smiling weirdly.  Rolled the window down.  Said she had a flat tire and asked if I could help change it.

She was reasonably attractive with a thin build and tight jeans,  Maybe late 20's, early 30's but had kind of rode hard and put away wet look.

Had to process the couple seconds of information quickly:

1)  Would help her but I'm now an old out-of-shape fart.
2)  Changed a few tires in my time but no longer.
3)  It was just starting to rain.

What came out of my mouth was, "I don't change tires anymore.  Call road service and they'll change it for you."  She walked away.

I felt bad for her.  In my younger years would have helped her out.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-21, 20:45

Fired company president called me today just before lunch. Cool dude.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-21, 20:56

The Pantry wrote:Interesting day. Stopped to get lottery tickets like I usually do on Monday.  Play the same numbers in 5 games and get multiple draws to cover the entire week.

Got in my vehicle to leave the store.  As I was closing the door noticed a woman waving at me in the driver mirror.  Couple seconds she was standing next to the driver door smiling weirdly.  Rolled the window down.  Said she had a flat tire and asked if I could help change it.

She was reasonably attractive with a thin build and tight jeans,  Maybe late 20's, early 30's but had kind of rode hard and put away wet look.

What came out of my mouth was, "I don't change tires anymore.  Call road service and they'll change it for you."  She walked away.

So you could be cooking her dinner right now and be planning to inflate her tire.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-05-21, 21:10

The Pantry wrote:Interesting day. Stopped to get lottery tickets like I usually do on Monday.  Play the same numbers in 5 games and get multiple draws to cover the entire week.

Should of given her Floyd's number.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-21, 21:23

LooseGoose wrote:

So you could be cooking her dinner right now and be planning to inflate her tire.
Had a parking lot experience years ago. Was walking to my car in a 24 hour Meijer lot after picking up an antibiotic for my UM daughter late one night. Noticed a chick sort of sneaking around cars. Same deal. Showed up next to my car and asked for help with something I forget now. Told her, "sorry" and drove off.

Thinking back on the location and situation, she was probably a hooker. Didn't care at the time.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-05-22, 08:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:I've been to Gator Jake's 4-5 times over the last 8-10 years, never been disappointed.

Same here. It’s not a bad place, and they make good drinks. Through this 3rd party thing attached with work, I can get discounted gift cards to certain restaurants. And gator jakes is always on there. I just haven’t gone in years. Most of the restaurants listed are ones that no one knows or just meh.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-22, 10:55

LooseGoose wrote:

It would’ve been so romantic: Right there in the rain, Pantry changing the tire, damn close to a coronary, damsel in distress sliding her hand toward his sagging buttocks, ever so gently sliding his wallet out of his back pocket.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-22, 11:09

I.B. Fine wrote:

Should of given her Floyd's number.

It's kind of funny because I have experience in this matter. Sometime in 1977, junior year of high school I'm out with my buddies George and Mark, tooling around Grand Blanc. I don't remember whose vehicle we were driving but we needed gas, so we pull into this gas station off I-75 at Holly Road. We see this lady maybe 30-35 had just pulled in with a flat tire. She's pretty good looking, standing there in her tight jeans staring at her flat tire. George says to her, "need help with that?". She looks at us suspiciously, like, right, you dorks know how to change a tire. Anyway, we get busy changing her tire, figuring we're all gonna get BJs as her way of saying thanks. Ha, we're so f'in dumb. Two seconds after the last tightening turn on the last lugnut she's hightailing it down the entrance ramp and all we see is taillights. I'm not even sure she said thanks.

Moral of the story is do the right thing, just don't expect anything in return.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-04, 09:12

http://icelandmag.is/article/reason-non-existence-mosquitoes-iceland

I'm sold. Moving to Iceland.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-06, 11:16

Being Amish is dangerous.

@ABCWorldNews   31 seconds ago
Elderly driver strikes second Amish buggy in less than a year, says she "didn't see it at the time." http://abcn.ws/2Lm0mx5 
Random Ramblings - Page 25 DfBHDSdU8AEtFv-
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-06, 18:53

Somebody ought to revoke granny's license. That buggy even had the day-glo triangle on the back.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-07, 14:54

Starlings have discovered my bird feeders. They’ve pretty much nudged every other living thing out and eaten all the food. No point in putting anything else out until they go away, which is never. Fuckers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-07, 14:59

tGreenWay wrote:Starlings have discovered my bird feeders. They’ve pretty much nudged every other living thing out and eaten all the food.  No point in putting anything else out until they go away, which is never. Fuckers.

"Predators of starlings include hawks, falcons, owls, snakes, cats, and other bird predators."

The question is, how do you get hawks & owls to patrol your yard?

The hawk decoy of course.

Random Ramblings - Page 25 Hawk_lg
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-07, 15:03

Don’t they learn to ignore the decoy though? Almost got one a few years ago, but the reviews mentioned that problem. We do have hawks and owls in the neighborhood, so maybe they’ll take care of the problem on their own. We do seem to have a lot fewer mourning doves. Hawks love those things.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-07, 15:05

tGreenWay wrote:Don’t they learn to ignore the decoy though? Almost got one a few years ago, but the reviews mentioned that problem. We do have hawks and owls in the neighborhood, so maybe they’ll take care of the problem on their own. We do seem to have a lot fewer mourning doves. Hawks love those things.

I don't really know much about the declining effectiveness of hawk decoys over time.

Hawks love mourning doves because the latter are really dumb and slow.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-07, 15:07

Yep, those doves are so dumb. Random Ramblings - Page 25 502811600

Wondering if Archie McPhee sells hawk or owl heads for humans. I can sit outside and do my work while wearing one.

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=19062
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down